6.9

Steven Williams (retired) works at

535 Reach Blvd
Columbus, OH 43215

2017 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Our initial meeting with Dr. Williams was very interactive and he was attentive. He sat down with us and asked us questions and reviewed our options...Initially we started with Clomid and had scheduled intercourse. We tried it multiple times and unfortunately I did not ovulate and then we had male factor infertility and treatment plans had to be postponed to consider other options.
I left multiple messages and she [nurse of Ohio Reproductive Medicine] seemed to always find the time to get back to me...The only slight weakness is I had a small issue with billing and I informed them I wanted them to bill my insurance first for my ultrasound before I had to pay out of pocket. They agreed and it was worked out...My IUI cost around $275.00 and my ultrasound prior to my IUI was not covered by my insurance so that cost $345.00
How was your experience with Steven Williams (retired) at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Williams was very open and honest about our treatment options. He wanted to assist us to the best of his ability in order for us to expand our family. Unfortunately before our initial IUI, Dr. Williams was set to retire and he did not perform our first IUI. We had to select another doctor, Dr. Brooke-Rossi and she has been great!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Williams (retired) at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
To ask as many questions as possible and take notes. Obtain a good understanding of the entire process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Williams (retired) at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Steven Williams (retired) used in your cycles at Ohio Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey)
LINDSEY was great and very attentive. I left multiple messages and she seemed to always find the time to get back to me.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is great and my experience has been very positive. The clinic is very attentive and is knowledgeable. The only slight weakness is I had a small issue with billing and I informed them I wanted them to bill my insurance first for my ultrasound before I had to pay out of pocket. They agreed and it was worked out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Williams (retired) at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
My cost will be different then most because my insurance doesn’t cover fertility treatment. My IUI cost around $275.00 and my ultrasound prior to my IUI was not covered by my insurance so that cost $345.00. I also paid a significant amount of money for my fertility medications.

IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Williams showed a lot of compassion for me, but I felt like he didn’t really know me as a patient. He used the wrong chart to go over further directions with me after a failed FET. He is a great doctor, I also just didn’t see him each time which bothered me. I know how the clinic works and it’s not possible every time, I just wish I could have seen him more often....mix of information was emotional...
[Ohio Reproductive Medicine clinic] are very organized and have an exact way to do everything. Everyone in the office is nice and efficient. They are more than willing to answer questions anytime you have them & respond timely. If you’re having bloodwork, be sure to get there early so you’re not stuck there for a long time...given a quote of around $12,000 - from egg retrieval to ultrasounds & the embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They are very organized and have an exact way to do everything. Everyone in the office is nice and efficient. They are more than willing to answer questions anytime you have them & respond timely. If you’re having bloodwork, be sure to get there early so you’re not stuck there for a long time.
Thankfully, my insurance covers IVF. I am not sure of the specific numbers, but before I started I was given a quote of around $12,000 - from egg retrieval to ultrasounds & the embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I was told by one embryologist I was not going to have any embryos form, was told the same thing by my doctor, and the next day a different embryologist called to say I had one embryo. I understand things change overnight but the mix of information was emotional.
Columbus

When going over procedures he [Dr. Williams] explains them fully and tells you what he believes your chances are and why...He is pretty blunt and likes to explain things with pictures. If you don't understand what he is talking about ask him to slow down or even explain it in another way...I meet with him personally every time...had a mishap occur due to neglegince of another staff member. When speaking with Dr. Williams he caught it right away
The clinic [ORM] is clean. The secretary is very friendly and helpful. The online portal is slightly hard to follow. If you want to send an email to someone it goes to an office worker who then sends it to the person you really are trying to get ahold of which is slightly annoying...only issue I have had with the clinic was a miscommunication on a voicemail from an LPN within the office (not my doctor's nurse)
Dr. Williams is very concerned with his patients. I had a mishap occur due to neglegince of another staff member. When speaking with Dr. Williams he caught it right away. He completed my exam and determined this issue would not be determintel to our chances this month. We went back to his office so he could get to the bottom of the miscommunication. He addressed it right away with the staff member. I feel as though I am in very capable hands. I meet with him personally every time. His only drawl back would be he not very computer savvy relying on his nurse and other staff members to call with medical updates and such.
When I am with Doctor Williams you can tell he really cares. He recalls previously told information not only about medical things, but life as well. When going over procedures he explains them fully and tells you what he believes your chances are and why. He is big into fist bumping which could go either way, but to me it is more of a personal touch.
Having pcos makes my periods not as frequent as they should be. My current strategy is to take femera on day three of my period through day seven. Around day ten or so I go in for a ultrasound to check ovulation profession. Based on what he sees there he tells me what day I should take.my pregno (trigger shot). After ovulation I am now taking pregestrone vaginally for two weeks. As we discovered during my last cycle that me progesterone level was at a 7. During this phase I also have blood work done to determine my progesterone levels. We are currently doing times intercourse.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Williams nurse is very nice and helpful. However some of the other nurses on staff seem to treat you more like a number. I only specifically had one bad experience and that was with a LPN on staff.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean. The secretary is very friendly and helpful. The online portal is slightly hard to follow. If you want to send an email to someone it goes to an office worker who then sends it to the person you really are trying to get ahold of which is slightly annoying. Although when I did run into an issue and I wanted to make sure it was addressed the person on the other end of the portal had it sent to the people it needed to be sent to and the issue was addressed within 24 hours. They were very understanding and apologetic. The clinic is also conveniently located next door the a compound pharmacy, and across the street from am outpatient surgery center.
At this phase my insurance is still covering most of the cost. At this point I am responsible for the office copay, my pill medications are covered through insurance with just a $4 fee. The shots are $100 dollars but there is enough in the vial for two months worth. The dye test cost about $260 after insurance. Blood work is free. My insurance covers all things exploratory or towards fixing an underlying issue anything that is specific to fertility such as IVF will not be covered.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The one and only issue I have had with the clinic was a miscommunication on a voicemail from an LPN within the office (not my doctor's nurse). When the nurse called to give me my progesterone results she informed me that my progesterone was low and that she would be sending in a prescription for pills to be taken after my period ends for two weeks. So I began taking them directly after my period ended. It was not until day ten of my cycle when I was at the doctor's office speaking with my actual doctor that I was supposed to take them after my peak fertility days. The doctor conducted my exam and determined it did not do damage to this cycle and as long as I stopped taking them and started back up when he told me I should be ok. I was pretty upset and worried that something like this might happen to someone else. I sent an email to the patient portal and received an email stating their apologies, and that they plan to use this example in an upcoming training (obviously omitting all the personal details).

2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
IUI With Other Docs
While I have enjoyed my interactions with him, I am not confident that we had exhausted all the options before he suggested donor eggs and felt that conversation could have been handled more eloquently. ... Dr. Williams had a great demeanor during of our consultations. He was great in taking the time to explain our diagnosis and treatment options, answered my husband's and my questions, and was compassionate when I was emotional.
I went to Ohio Reproductive Medicine due to a referral by my OBGYN. Over the period I was treated there, I had different experiences with the front desk, ranging from friendly and compassionate to downright rude and even incompetent. I feel conflicted by the first come, first serve for monitoring appointments (blood work and ultrasounds); ... made it extremely difficult to set appropriate expectations for my arrival at work.
Dr. Williams had a great demeanor during of our consultations. He was great in taking the time to explain our diagnosis and treatment options, answered my husband's and my questions, and was compassionate when I was emotional. While I have enjoyed my interactions with him, I am not confident that we had exhausted all the options before he suggested donor eggs and felt that conversation could have been handled more eloquently. Also, as I mentioned earlier, I would appreciate more time with him to discuss treatment, concerns, and to truly feel he understood us and had the same goals and my husband and I.
Be your own advocate and ask the questions until you get an answer that satisfies you. (That would be my advice for everyone, not exclusive to prospective patients of Dr. Williams.)
When I was in the room with Dr. Williams, I felt like a human. However, the process of getting in to see him (two waiting rooms, the clipboards, etc) made me feel like a number. Also, while I understand the need of seeing multiple doctors throughout monitoring based on who is available, it adds to the already growing feeling that I am a number.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I went to Ohio Reproductive Medicine due to a referral by my OBGYN. Over the period I was treated there, I had different experiences with the front desk, ranging from friendly and compassionate to downright rude and even incompetent. I feel conflicted by the first come, first serve for monitoring appointments (blood work and ultrasounds); on the one hand, it's great to know I can get in early and hopefully beat the crowd, or know that I am only waiting because others showed up before me and not because they were late to an appointment time. On the other hand, hope is not a strategy and the first come, first serve made it extremely difficult to set appropriate expectations for my arrival at work. It can really feel like moving cattle, signing a clipboard in one waiting room, waiting for bloodwork, signing a clipboard in another waiting room, waiting for the ultrasound, and then signing yet another clipboard to let the nurses know you're ready to speak to them.
Columbus

Every consultation felt like we were just a chart, no personality. ... Between the constant multiweek vacations during our 6 months of treatment we rarely ever saw him [Dr. Williams] except for consultations. We had to push to continue treatment while he was away. ... He would give us a false sense of progress to only be told by the nurses [ORM] later that we would not be able to do the timeline he gave us. ...
It’s very factory like [Ohio Reproductive Medicine]. In/Out and wait times are long. Typically you aren’t seen until 30 minutes after your appointment. Clinic is clean and pleasant though. Receptionists are very friendly. Multiple waiting rooms are confusing. ... The nurses were great. Mackenzie was amazing at explaining things to me when I had concerns.
Between the constant multiweek vacations during our 6 months of treatment we rarely ever saw him except for consultations. We had to push to continue treatment while he was away. If we had questions we could only speak to the nurses and have to go back and forth with them and the doctor instead of him taking 5 seconds to speak to us directly. He would give us a false sense of progress to only be told by the nurses later that we would not be able to do the timeline he gave us.
Be prepared to fight and advocated for yourself. He will certainly not pay enough attention to who you are to do it for you.
Every consultation felt like we were just a chart, no personality. We constantly had to remind him of the current treatment path that he had set.
Originally wanted to do another 3 rounds of timed intercourse with clomid, after we had already done 4 cycles with our GYN. We refused and were allowed to do IUI. After two failed IUI we requested to move forward with IVF and were denied and advised for one more IUI that again failed. Due to lab shut downs and a paperwork technicality we were forced to wait 2 months longer than we would have liked for our ivf procedure.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
It’s very factory like. In/Out and wait times are long. Typically you aren’t seen until 30 minutes after your appointment. Clinic is clean and pleasant though. Receptionists are very friendly. Multiple waiting rooms are confusing.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
It was a cattle call for IVF monitoring. Show up by this time and wait with 20 other women and hope you get there before the crowd
The consultations were expensive considering the lack of information we would receive. Rest of the costs seem standard
Describe Steven Williams (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
He didn’t seem to be one way or the other. Mentioned other doctors options that were strongly for one at a time. However did show the risks of multiple
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Our doctor constantly forgot what stage of treatment we were on so if we would have not advocated we would have spent money of medications that would have been admitted incorrectly.
Columbus
After five rounds of Clomid we went back into his [Dr. Steven William's] office to consult on next steps. Next steps included Clomid, trigger shot and IUI. This process was suggested because my HSG test was fine, my blood work all came back normal and my husband’s sperm test came back normal as well...is a very optimistic and a cheerful doctor. He takes a crappy situation and makes you feel a little bit better. He’s always very open and honest with the current process and next steps. I haven’t had any negative experiences with him.
entire staff [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] is amazing. They always make sure to call back in a prompt manner and they know who you are when you call back...nursing staff is amazing. They are very friendly, they treat you like an individual and they remember your story. They are very compassionate and do everything that they can to make the process easier...I paid about $500 for an HSG test. And I believe our IUI is about $700 with ultrasound cost, and insemination.
Dr. Williams is a very optimistic and a cheerful doctor. He takes a crappy situation and makes you feel a little bit better. He’s always very open and honest with the current process and next steps. I haven’t had any negative experiences with him.
Be ready to laugh at his cheesy jokes.
Dr. William and his entire staff is amazing. They always make sure to call back in a prompt manner and they know who you are when you call back. When I went in to see Dr. Williams after five rounds of Clomid, he walked my husband and I through everything that we had gone through already. And then he went into details on next steps.
Dr. Williams had me start on Clomid after my husband and I have been trying for one year. After five rounds of Clomid we went back into his office to consult on next steps. Next step is included Clomid, trigger shot and are you ar dr. Williams had knee start on Clomid after my husband and I have been trying for one year. After five rounds of Clomid we went back into his office to consult on next steps. Next steps included Clomid, trigger shot and IUI. This process was suggested because my HSG test was fine, my blood work all came back normal and my husband’s sperm test came back normal as well. We are a couple with an identified issues. We have not been able to get pregnant yet. We are currently trying a double dosage of Clomid, trigger shot and IUI for the third time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Williams nursing staff is amazing. They are very friendly, they treat you like an individual and they remember your story. They are very compassionate and do everything that they can to make the process easier.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone at the office from the receptionist to the doctors and nurses has been nothing but nice and compassionate to me. I love the office and haven’t had any problems with them. Everyone genuinely seems to want to help you and that makes the whole experience a lot better.
I pay about $35 every time I need bloodwork. I paid about $500 for an HSG test. And I believe our IUI is about $700 with ultrasound cost, and insemination.
Columbus

The first protocol [with Dr. Steven Williams] was the luteal lupron protocol, which only yielded one embryo. The second protocol was the microdose and it only yielded 2 embryos. He tried the microdose because the first protocol was not successful...He gave me the same speech during both miscarriages and didn't remember or have on file my precious miscarriage...Both cycles I went through with him he had the same lines to tell and the same reasons behind everything. He forgot he had talked to me about things previously and didn't remember my previous cycle with him. My last appointment he was going off someone else's chart.
The clinic [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] has it's own storage and freezing facility next door which is a bonus. It can get really busy in the mornings for bloodwork, but the clinic has it's own blood draw lab right in the building so you do not have to go to many different places...The nurses responded to messages quickly, but were not very caring...Several times I had to call in to get test results because they forgot to call. One of the appts I had with the Dr he was reading off a different patience notes and had my paperwork misplaced somewhere...It was around 8000 for the ivf cycle itself and around 2500 for the medications. The 2nd round insurance covered some. It was 1200 for ivf and 2000 for medications.
Every time I saw him he repeated the same thing. Both cycles I went through with him he had the same lines to tell and the same reasons behind everything. He forgot he had talked to me about things previously and didn't remember my previous cycle with him. My last appointment he was going off someone else's chart.
Ask a lot of questions.
The first protocol was the luteal lupron protocol, which only yielded one embryo. The second protocol was the microdose and it only yielded 2 embryos. He tried the microdose because the first protocol was not successful.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The nurses responded to messages quickly, but were not very caring.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic has it's own storage and freezing facility next door which is a bonus. It can get really busy in the mornings for bloodwork, but the clinic has it's own blood draw lab right in the building so you do not have to go to many different places.
The first round was all out of pocket. It was around 8000 for the ivf cycle itself and around 2500 for the medications. The 2nd round insurance covered some. It was 1200 for ivf and 2000 for medications.
He wants a person to only put one embryo in no matter what.
Columbus

Dr Steven was upfront about what we will be doing. After fail 3 iui he gave me an option to do surgery and it was the best decision ever made. Even after the follow up he straight told the truth IVF was the next thing to do. I was afraid cause I knew I couldn’t afford it and I ask him to do another iui but after my hsg test it wasn’t best to do cause my one of my tube was blocked. Overall he did what he can an as cheaply possible first!
The clinic [Ohio Repro Med] strength is that they will tell you upfront about the financial part. Weakness is that when I did the iui I felt like a number . It was crowded some days kinda felt awkward they I need some privacy ... They [nursing staff] was fine. I leave them a voicemail and they call right away. They demonstrate how to use a syringe that was helpful
Don’t be afraid to ask questions an other treatments
I felt like a human cause we wanted to do surgery after unsuccessful iui
I did 3 cycle of clomid alone. Then I did another 3 cycle of clomid with injectable and iui nothing happen.Then we move on to do laparoscopy finally know why my right tubes was blocked. After a couple month later we did Hsg and it is my right tube
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They was fine. I leave them a voicemail and they call right away. They demonstrate how to use a syringe that was helpful
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic strength is that they will tell you upfront about the financial part. Weakness is that when I did the iui I felt like a number . It was crowded some days kinda felt awkward they I need some privacy
I think overall I spend $7000 my insurance discount a lot for that laparoscopy
Columbus

Dr Williams is a very nice man and I enjoyed our initial consult. ... I was 40 when we started trying, 41 when we began treatment and was told I had the reproductive health of a 38 year old at the time. ... I was told our next steps would be to do IVF with donor eggs ... I wish we would have skipped the last 2 IUIs and gone straight to IVF with my own eggs.
You’re simply treated like a number there [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] and god knows who will do your IUI because it may not be your RE. ... Nancy and Mackenzie are amazing. In fact the best care I received was from Nancy when we decided to stop treatment. She was so compassionate and kind. I will always remember the kind words she gave to me on my last visit there.
Dr Williams is a very nice man and I enjoyed our initial consult. His nurses are absolutely amazing and compassionate. However every time I had an ultrasound I felt like all the info was rushed and I never had time to understand what was being told to me or to ask questions. And I didn’t know what to ask and wasn’t really given an opportunity to inquire much.
Insist on him explaining what all the numbers and data he throws out means.
During the initial consult I felt like we were treated like a patient. All of the IUIs during which only one was done by Williams I felt like a cattle being called into the pen.
We did 4-5 months of clomid. We then did 3 IUIs, the last of which we did with injectables (Follistim). I was 40 when we started trying, 41 when we began treatment and was told I had the reproductive health of a 38 year old at the time. I responded well to all the medications and had a clear HSG done by Williams. But never had one positive test. I was told our next steps would be to do IVF with donor eggs and that’s not something we wanted to do.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and Mackenzie)
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
You’re simply treated like a number there and god knows who will do your IUI because it may not be your RE. The nursing staff of Dr Williams is amazing and compassionate as well as organized. They have excellent communication.
I think in total with office visits, HSG, ultrasounds, sperm washes, blood draws, clomid, IUIs, and injectables we spent close to $5000 out of pocket. None of our insurance coverage a thing.
Columbus

He [Dr. Steven Williams] is easy to talk to and a great source of experience and knowledge!...He first did an xray dye test to check to make sure my tubes were open. He suggested doing a laparascopy first to make sure I didn't have endometriosis but I was nervous about having surgery. So he said no problem lets do the dye test first and then try a couple rounds of IUI since I didn't have any other symptoms to indicate endo or any other issues. We then did 2 round of IUI with no success. Since those did not work we decided to go ahead and do the laparascopic surgery for him to double check everything. He did not find anything with the surgery either.
Even though it [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] is a large clinic it still feels very warm and inviting! The staff is very kind and understanding! All of the staff was very friendly, even the ones we weren't working with!...I spoke to Dr.Williams two nurses frequently. Every time they treated us like humans, were very warm, compassionate and understanding!...He [Dr. Steven Williams] is easy to talk to and a great source of experience and knowledge!...He first did an xray dye test to check to make sure my tubes were open.
He was caring and compassionate with years of experience that made us feel we could trust him! While we still have not gotten pregnant we don't blame Dr/ Williams. If we can afford IVF in the future he is the doctor we will go to with no hesitation. He helped to put us at ease and explained everything so it was easy to understand!
He is easy to talk to and a great source of experience and knowledge!
He was very caring with his approach. We were nervous of course but he had a calming straight forward attitude that helped so much. He explained everything very well with great detail so we could understand!
He first did an xray dye test to check to make sure my tubes were open. He suggested doing a laparascopy first to make sure I didn't have endometriosis but I was nervous about having surgery. So he said no problem lets do the dye test first and then try a couple rounds of IUI since I didn't have any other symptoms to indicate endo or any other issues. We then did 2 round of IUI with no success. Since those did not work we decided to go ahead and do the laparascopic surgery for him to double check everything. He did not find anything with the surgery either. So he suggested the next best step would be to try IVF. He explained the cost and course of treatment. We decided to take our time and pray on it and attempt to save up the money for the treatments. Which is where we still are now, praying and saving!
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Even though it is a large clinic it still feels very warm and inviting! The staff is very kind and understanding! All of the staff was very friendly, even the ones we weren't working with! I had compared this clinic with another local one and after reading many reviews I felt this clinic were the ones we wanted to trust! I'm very glad we did!
Costs we had were office visits, medication associated with IUI. The laproscopic surgery was covered under insurance as was blood tests for IUI.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
I have enjoyed every visit with Dr. Williams. He explains things very clearly and draws pictures for explanation. He tells you answers before you can even ask the question, and offers multiple options including all pros and cons associated...Dr Williams knows his patients very well. He is able to call you by name in passing, not just from looking at a chart. He is very down to earth...I am planning a 7th IUI with gonadotrophins, multiple ultrasounds and estradiol checks.
The overall ambiance is positive. At times the waiting room [Ohio Repro Med] is crowded and the receptionist can be moody, but nothing that would turn me away from coming back. They are great to answer calls and send the requested information...There was a miscommunication on balance on the account. I was told I was paid up, and a week later was hit with a $500 statement balance...Nancy & Makenzie are extremely wonderful nurses
Best Doctor I’ve ever seen!
I have done 6 IUIs under Dr Williams. The first 5 were with donor sperm, and no medications. The 6th was done with donor sperm, Clomidand a trigger shot. I have had an HSG, multiple rounds of blood work (FSH, TSH, progesterone, AMH) ultrasounds, and everything has come back within normal values. I have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility, with no family history of infertility. Due to the cost of an IVF, I am planning a 7th IUI with gonadotrophins, multiple ultrasounds and estradiol checks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy & Makenzie)
Nancy & Makenzie are extremely wonderful nurses if Dr Steve. They are very quick to return phone calls, very helpful, and can answer many questions without having to ask the Dr every little detail.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The overall ambiance is positive. At times the waiting room is crowded and the receptionist can be moody, but nothing that would turn me away from coming back. They are great to answer calls and send the requested information.
The donor sperm from the lab next door is $675 each purchase. His lab fee & procedure fees each IUI are $275
This has been brought up and he is only willing to do a single
Columbus
[Dr. Williams] did not appear to have reviewed my husband's SA results and I had to remind him in my appointment to please do so... He is incredibly nice but airs on the conservative side with his treatment recommendation. According to Dr. Williams, I had only been trying to conceive for 12 months and was 31 years old so I should be patient and just keep taking clomid rather than move on to more aggressive treatment. I reminded him that I already tried 5 monitored clomid cycles and that I wanted to add in a low dosage of gonadotropins to produce more follicles and increase my odds of conception, I wanted to add this treatment to a monitored cycle.
I am allergic to latex and I feel like I have to constantly remind the office [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] not to use the latex covers on the ultrasound wands...ORM does an excellent job providing patients with printout sheets with insurance codes and cost. I always felt like I knew the associated cost of my care...Plenty of availability. I was able to get an appointment as needed and usually offered a few different times and was able to choose my preferred appointment slot. My wait time to see the doctor was also minimal.
Dr. Williams and I did not collaborate or make decisions together well. He is incredibly nice but airs on the conservative side with his treatment recommendation. According to Dr. Williams, I had only been trying to conceive for 12 months and was 31 years old so I should be patient and just keep taking clomid rather than move on to more aggressive treatment. I reminded him that I already tried 5 monitored clomid cycles and that I wanted to add in a low dosage of gonadotropins to produce more follicles and increase my odds of conception, I wanted to add this treatment to a monitored cycle. Dr. Williams explained the risk of multiples and the expense of the drug which I appreciate but ultimately my husband and I wanted to move forward. We were willing to take on the risk and expense of this treatment but it was not what Dr. Williams wanted for us so the treatment was halted. Dr. Williams was very good at explaining why he thought the gonadotropins were a bad idea, he made sure all my questions were answered. I don't, however, feel that our input was taken into consideration. He told us that within 2 years, 90% of couples my age are successful at becoming pregnant. Being advised to remain patient for another full calendar year before moving onto more-aggressive treatment was heart-wrenching.
Be sure to self-advocate for yourself. Dr. Williams is very knowledgeable and professional, however, he is a busy man and has hundreds of patients. If there is a specific treatment that you think will benefit you, come armed with information and be prepared to defend your stance. Dr. Williams will give you stats and percentages and reference medical journals at the drop of a hat. I got a bit caught up in this and felt personally attacked but keep in mind that he has over 20 years of experience and he is trying to explain something in laymen's terms in your brief time together.
Dr. Williams is very nice. He is quite personable and made me feel relaxed and at ease in his care. However, Dr. Williams was always missing vital information from my medical records. I am allergic to latex and I always have to remind him to switch to the non-latex wand covers for my ultrasound monitoring. He also did not appear to have reviewed my husband's SA results and I had to remind him in my appointment to please do so.
Dr. Williams switched me from clomid to femara and we did monitored cycles with a trigger injection.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy/ McKinzie)
Both of Dr. Williams' nurses were wonderful to work with. If they sensed it was an emotional visit for me, they showed compassion as they passed me a box of tissues.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I am allergic to latex and I feel like I have to constantly remind the office not to use the latex covers on the ultrasound wands.
Columbus
Dr. Williams approached our situation with care and worked with my partner and I to ensure that all of our questions were answered. After the first few IUI inseminations, resulted in negative pregnancy results. Dr. Williams moved forward with the next course of treatment which included additional testing and using Clomid and the trigger shot. This course of treatment worked for us.
The practice [Ohio Reproductive Med-Columbus] included multiple doctors and nurses. You will have a primary doctor but depending on when you go in for treatment, IUI or IVF you may see another doctor. All the doctors we encountered were extremely knowledgeable, polite and courteous.... Nancy and Mckenzie answered all of our questions. I called frequently during our treatment process and they were very respectful and followed up with phone calls immediately.
You need to make sure you ask all questions to help with your course of treatment. You will need to be patient and if your course of treatment is not progressing properly then you need to follow up with the nurses and the doctor.
Dr. Williams and his nurses were extremely knowledgeable and approachable. They were always respectful and answered all of our questions.
We did not use treatment strategies until after the first 3 negative results. I had an HSG test completed and we tried a fourth time. This time also resulted in a negative test. The next two treatments included using Clomid and the trigger shot with the 6th time being the lucky number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and Mckenzie)
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The practice included multiple doctors and nurses. You will have a primary doctor but depending on when you go in for treatment, IUI or IVF you may see another doctor. All the doctors we encountered were extremely knowledgeable, polite and courteous.
The costs were straight forward and discussed during the treatment process. Even when we had the HSG test, Nurse Nancy worked with us to get the lowest cost possible.
Columbus
He [Dr. Williams] was not interested in hearing-let alone answering any of my questions or concerns that I brought and sis not even take the folder of records I was requested to put together. He was very nice, but we felt like a number. No diagnosis-not even any plan specific to what might be going on with us...He did not take any of the records I brought with me or address our particular case. He did not attempt to reach a diagnosis.
The clinic [ORM] was clean. It felt comfortable with modest furnishings. We did not have a long wait to get an appointment or while we were in the waiting room. They have even consultation hours, which is great for working professionals. The front desk staff member was not extremely friendly and complained to another staff member about wanting to go home when I was with her checking in. It’s clear that most of the people who were checking in were nervous to be there so a more welcoming first experience at the front desk would have been better.
He is a very likable and knowledgeable doctor. He puts you at ease immediately. However, he draws you the same picture of reproductive organs upside-down that he’s probably drawn a million times and talks about when you should have intercourse. By the time my husband and I got to his office, we had that part down already. He was not interested in hearing-let alone answering any of my questions or concerns that I brought and sis not even take the folder of records I was requested to put together. He was very nice, but we felt like a number. No diagnosis-not even any plan specific to what might be going on with us.
Demand that he hear your questions before you leave.
He didn’t allow me to ask any questions when he was through with his consultation speech. He did not take any of the records I brought with me or address our particular case. He did not attempt to reach a diagnosis.
His strategy was to try Clomid for 3 months, then Clomid with IUI, after that our next option would be exploratory surgery to look for possible endometriosis then on to IVF. It seemed to us like this is the same protocol he uses on almost everyone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They are fairly quick at returning phone calls and more receptive to questions than the doctor.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was clean. It felt comfortable with modest furnishings. We did not have a long wait to get an appointment or while we were in the waiting room. They have even consultation hours, which is great for working professionals. The front desk staff member was not extremely friendly and complained to another staff member about wanting to go home when I was with her checking in. It’s clear that most of the people who were checking in were nervous to be there so a more welcoming first experience at the front desk would have been better.
With my consultation it was just a copay like any other specialist. After that any medications or treatments would be out of pocket.
Columbus

He [Dr. Steven Williams] was very personable and tried to really get to know me during our time together...He was really great. Gave lots of diagrams. The only negative was he didn’t really seem to want to see me before we had been TTC for two years because I was only 25 the first time I went into his office after we had been trying with no success for 13 months... gave me basic blood tests and told me he wasn’t worried about me because I was only 25 and had only been trying for 13 months. I tried to schedule an HSG for three months but couldn’t get a single appointment for it at the office.
I think the clinic [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] is very nice and very compassionate. I would certainly use them again if my current doctor that I’m seeing reaches the point where he can no longer help me in my fertility journey. The only weakness was that they didn’t take me seriously because I was “too young to worry about”, but I understand where they are coming from...I had a hard time getting my blood tests transferred and had to call a few times, but I think that’s just because they’re usually pretty busy.
He’s great and will give you everything straight but with compassion as well.
He was very personable and tried to really get to know me during our time together.
Dr. Williams gave me basic blood tests and told me he wasn’t worried about me because I was only 25 and had only been trying for 13 months. I tried to schedule an HSG for three months but couldn’t get a single appointment for it at the office.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I think the clinic is very nice and very compassionate. I would certainly use them again if my current doctor that I’m seeing reaches the point where he can no longer help me in my fertility journey. The only weakness was that they didn’t take me seriously because I was “too young to worry about”, but I understand where they are coming from.

IUI With Other Docs
[Dr. Steven Williams] Explains things very well, great bedside manner. Gave me his personal cell number in case I needed him over the weekend. Called to check on me himself after surgery. Portrayed confidence in my treatment but never promised anything he knew he may not be able to deliver.... HSG to check tubes. Once we found one was blocked he gave us options of surgery or pursuing IVF without any pressure-he let us make decision. Once we found we were having an ectopic miscarriage, he explained our options-surgery vs methotrexate vs waiting and monitoring with labs and ultrasound. Recommended surgery to remove tube after ectopic miscarriage due to possibility of blocked tube contributing to miscarriages.
McKenzie [a nurse at Ohio Reproductive Med] was absolutely wonderful! On top of everything and so hopeful when we needed her. Nancy made many scheduling mistakes that caused issues and frustration.... Nurse gave us appointment time and date but entered it on her end in wrong month. Day before appointnent I caught it on portal and called. Had to have appointment rescheduled after already planning mine and husbands work schedule.
Don't be afraid to ask questions!
Dr.williams always called my husband and I by name, he remembered little details about us and would talk about them at visits.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and McKenzie)
McKenzie was absolutely wonderful! On top of everything and so hopeful when we needed her. Nancy made many scheduling mistakes that caused issues and frustration.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Easy to get ahold of, not a long wait to see Dr. at appointments. Billing dept is not the best at communicating
Roughly 10,000 for one cycle of IVF not including medications
He provides information on risks with transferring multiples, will discuss your Personal situation/age etc.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Wiliiams treats you like you matter and makes sure you are aware of and understand all of your options. He is very knowlegable and I feel like I'm in good hands with him....He is always prepared and knows what's going on. He never asks me to tell him things he should already know. He is also very compassionate and very positive....He was the 1st dr to find why my tubes were blocked and he did the surgery to unblock them. He did a great job and now both tubes are open...
The main waiting room [Ohio Repro Med] could be set up better and the new receptionist is still learning the ropes. Overall it's a nice place....$160 for follicular ultra sound. $200 for HSG. Less than $1000 for laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. just under $400 for IUI....Nancy and Mackenzie are Dr. Williams nurses. They are both good but Nancy is amazing!!! She is always willing to answer any questions and she really cares about the patients. Mackenzie is a little more reserved but does a good job.
Dr. Wiliiams treats you like you matter and makes sure you are aware of and understand all of your options. He is very knowlegable and I feel like I'm in good hands with him. I drive 2 hours for appointments because I don't want to change doctors. He was the 1st dr to find why my tubes were blocked and he did the surgery to unblock them. He did a great job and now both tubes are open and were are now trying IUI again. Also, they make sure to help save costs whenever possible. I would hands down recommend him to anyone needing fertility help.
Listen to him and really consider his suggestions. I didn't at 1st and wasted a round of IUI because I didn't have him do a 2nd HSG that I thought I didn't need. Turns out he found my problem after performing it himself and I had to have surgery. I could have saved myself a lot of time, money and heartbreak if I had taken his advice.
He is always prepared and knows what's going on. He never asks me to tell him things he should already know. He is also very compassionate and very positive. His nurses are amazing too!
My 1st treatment was 100mg Clomid days 3-5 and I had 2 good follicles on day 14. I did 1 mL of pregnyl that night and had intercourse. My iui was day 16 at 9:30am then 21 day prgesterone Test showed I ovulated. I didn't get pregnant but I had blocked tubes I didn't know about yet. Next cycle repeated the same but no good follicles could be found (no iui) but 21 day progesterone showed I did ovulate again. Still BFN. Next round 150mg Clomid 2 follicles did pregnyl and iui then 21 day progesterone showed I didn't ovulate. Obviously BFN. This next round they are going to try Femara.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy Wolff)
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The main waiting room could be set up better and the new receptionist is still learning the ropes. Overall it's a nice place.
Usually just paid my copay for regular visits. $160 for follicular ultra sound. $200 for HSG. Less than $1000 for laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. just under $400 for IUI
Have not dealt with this
Columbus

he [Dr. Steven Williams] was very well versed in current studies and techniques...Dr. Williams' strengths are his friendly attitude and his clear explanations of procedures and risks. He was also always willing to answer questions and didn't seem rushed...His one weakness is that after an extended vacation, he had trouble remembering us and our circumstances... Williams recommended IUI first, but since we had been TTC for 5 years, he was fine with just moving right to IVF.
[At Ohio Reproductive Medicine] The procedure [IUI] was $346 for the sperm wash and insemination. The Letrozole I had been taking was $18 per month through a specialty pharmacy. We had to pay a deposit of $1200 for the IVF procedures and lab fees...Strengths: well-established clinic; doctors and nurses with a lot of experience; friendly staff; large, well-organized facility; plenty of doctors, male and female; easy to find; plenty of parking; knowledgeable; easy to contact; return calls promptly; eIVF app; easy to use patient portal. Weaknesses: need a larger waiting room; practice is very large.
Dr. Williams' strengths are his friendly attitude and his clear explanations of procedures and risks. He was also always willing to answer questions and didn't seem rushed. He always had a smile and a handshake to give, and he was very well versed in current studies and techniques. His one weakness is that after an extended vacation, he had trouble remembering us and our circumstances. This memory lapse was during my 7 week ultrasound to confirm pregnancy before releasing us to the regular ob/gun. Because I was already pregnant, I wasn't too worried about his memory.
Make sure to ask any questions that you want. He can talk quickly, so if you need clarity, just ask. In my experience he's been more than willing to explain anything.
While the clinic was often crowded (especially in the morning), Dr. Williams and his nurses were always kind and welcoming. He did a good job of making us feel comfortable and explaining all of his procedures. We were very happy in his care.
I did Letrozole for 4 cycles with no success. We then discussed IVF. Williams recommended IUI first, but since we had been TTC for 5 years, he was fine with just moving right to IVF. While we were preparing all the paperwork for IVF, we did one round of IUI just to see if it would work. It did not. So on to IVF we went. I did 75cc of Gonal in the morning and 75cc of Gonal and 150cc (I think) of Menopur in the evening for 10 days. I also used an ovulation suppressant for 3 days before retrieval, but I can't remember what it's called. I also used a trigger shot 36 hours before retrieval. On the day of retrieval, i took a Xanax two hours before the procedure. And I took Zofran about 30 min before the procedure. Because Williams was on vacation, Dr. Schmidt did the retrieval. Although I had heard (on this website) that he can be unfriendly or arrogant, he was nothing but warm and kind to me. The nurse gave me a shot of Dilaudid about 30 minutes before the procedure. The only side effect I noticed was dizziness. The retrieval wasn't painful at all. I was very impressed. Dr. Schmidt definitely has had many years of practice, so that was a real benefit. I spent the rest of the day on the couch. I had had a stomach bug earlier in the week, so I needed the rest. He retrieved 10 eggs. 8 fertilized, and 5 made it to day 5 blastocysts. We transferred the best one and froze the other 4. Dr. Londra preformed the transfer because Williams was still on vacation. She was also very friendly, but she was a little nervous because Williams had written in his notes that he had had trouble getting the catheter into my uterus when he has done the practice run. But everything went really smoothly, and she said she had no issues. She seemed very relieved. Again, there was no real pain, and I spent the rest of the day hanging out and watching America's Funniest Home Videos. I read that laughter aids in implantation because it helps your body relax and release endorphins. Ten days later, I did a blood test and got a call later that the pregnancy test was positive. I did another blood test 3 days later, and it also looked great. Three weeks later, I went in to do a 7 week ultrasound with Dr. Williams. He was back from vacation and looking refreshed, but he couldn't remember our names or history. At that point, I didn't really care because I had one healthy gestational sac and I was released to my regular ob/gyn. I also began progesterone in sesame oil shots every day after retrieval until reaching 12 weeks of pregnancy. It was not fun! But my husband got very good at giving them, and it was only a half a milliliter. I always sat on a heating pad afterward to help disperse the oil, and we alternated sides. I tried suppositories after 8 weeks, but they were mostly too messy to use consistently. I took them if I was going to be away from my husband for the night or if my butt was just too sore for another shot. So glad they're over!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Mackenzie and Nancy)
Makenzie and Nancy were always willing to answer questions, and they got back to me promptly about any messages I left. Nancy went into detail about how to give myself shots, and she instructed my husband well on how to give the trigger shot and the progesterone shots. I always felt comfortable with the nurses, especially Nancy. She was just so friendly and warm.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
We were incredibly lucky that my husband's company provided infertility benefits. We didn't want to use them on the IUI so we paid out of pocket for that. The procedure was $346 for the sperm wash and insemination. The Letrozole I had been taking was $18 per month through a specialty pharmacy. We had to pay a deposit of $1200 for the IVF procedures and lab fees. To the best of my knowledge, that's all we paid to the clinic. The drugs were also covered under our insurance, but only up to $4000, I think. So we had to pay about $1500 over that coverage for all of the medication. I think I paid another $50 for more progesterone when my supply was running low. We also had to pay a deposit and a monthly fee to store our frozen embryos. I think the deposit was $150 or so, and the monthly fee is around $40. So all in all, we spent about $3000 on our various treatments including one round of IVF. I could not be happier with that expense considering what people normally pay out of pocket.
Williams and his nurses were pretty adamant about a single embryo transfer. I am 32 and my husband is 33, so we were fine with one. We also have friends who transferred 2 and then one embryo split, and they got triplets! We did not want that to happen to us.

2015 - 2017, Successful
For the IUI [with Dr. Williams] I used clomid, and antibiotic, and Pregnyl (trigger shot). For IFV I used birth control pills, Lupron, pregesterone, and I think Pregnyl again...He sat down and spoke in an unrushed manner. He took his time and answered all questions... He tried the least invasive procedures first, but quickly moved on when he felt more needed to be done. He his very knowledgeable, and explained everything well. He let us feel like we had choices and discussed all treatment options with us. I recommend him to everyone
I was told [by the nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine that] nobody got put to sleep and I would be fine. However, I have a terrible pain tolerance and it was horrible. During it I asked the doctor why they don’t put people to sleep and he told me they do and that Nancy must have been mistaken. I should have asked him ahead of time, but I expected her to offer all possibilities...With IUI, Meds, IVF, and ICSI approximately $15,000... I would recommend this facility to everyone
Dr. Williams took his time with us. He tried the least invasive procedures first, but quickly moved on when he felt more needed to be done. He his very knowledgeable, and explained everything well. He let us feel like we had choices and discussed all treatment options with us. I recommend him to everyone
Choose him as a fertility doctor.
For the IUI I used clomid, and antibiotic, and Pregnyl (trigger shot). For IFV I used birth control pills, Lupron, pregesterone, and I think Pregnyl again. I continued the progesterone for 10weeks
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy)
She is not very sympathetic at answering questions. I have a nursing degree and she acted like I was unintelligent. I had legitimate questions and she would just say “well I don’t know, I don’t know” she also lied to me about the possibility of general anesthesia. I was told nobody got put to sleep and I would be fine. However, I have a terrible pain tolerance and it was horrible. During it I asked the doctor why they don’t put people to sleep and he told me they do and that Nancy must have been mistaken. I should have asked him ahead of time, but I expected her to offer all possibilities.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Dr.Williams is great. Nancy needs better communication skills and to have more compassion. I am thankful my IVF was successful, and I owe it all to great medical care. I would recommend this facility to everyone, which I do frequently. 3 of my friends are now current patients. They all agree with me about Nancy.
With IUI, Meds, IVF, and ICSI approximately $15,000
I only had one survivor, so I had no choice. However he showed us a graph of odds of success with a single vs multiple by age. I would have had a single transfer anyway and would have froze the rest.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Nancy lied about general anesthesia being an option.

2015 - 2017, Successful
At the initial consultation, he [Dr. Williams] went through his spiel very quickly. We could tell it was the same thing he said to all the new patients. Once we got into specifics, with my medical history, and plans, he slowed down a little, but he was still really brisk.... He's pretty good in the exam room. He's slower and pays more attention than in the initial consultation. He's honest and doesn't try to sugar coat bad news. And he seemed as disappointed as me when my follicles weren't measuring up for the IUIs.
They [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] are partnered with and next door to a sperm bank. If you need donor sperm, this is very helpful and saves a ton on shipping costs. You’ll see the same doctor for most of your appointments, but sometimes one of the other doctors has to step in. Weekend IUIs, you’ll get whoever in on the schedule.... My wife and I are both using this clinic. We started with her, then to me, then back to her. Since we come in together and have the same last name
At the initial consultation, he went through his spiel very quickly. We could tell it was the same thing he said to all the new patients. Once we got into specifics, with my medical history, and plans, he slowed down a little, but he was still really brisk. He seems to know his stuff and I appreciate that he's closely connected with the OSU med school and up to date on the latest fertility studies. Our first medicated cycle, at the first ultrasound to check for follicle growth, he told us my follicles weren't growing at the rate they should be and said that cycle wasn't optimal. Rather than continue with the IUI as planned, he let us make the decision to not move forward that cycle. I appreciated that, because it saved us money and the heartache of a negative. Then he modified the medications for the next cycle, and the next, and the next. He's pretty good in the exam room. He's slower and pays more attention than in the initial consultation. He's honest and doesn't try to sugar coat bad news. And he seemed as disappointed as me when my follicles weren't measuring up for the IUIs. I’m disappointed he put us through so many IUIs before we asked if we could move on to IVF. I know we are a two woman couple, but 12 IUIs, even split between 2 uteruses, was extreme.
Go in prepared, know your research and your body, have questions ready.
The doctor always treats me like a human when I'm in the office. Talking to the nurses is a different story. They specifically ask you to leave your chart number when leaving a voicemail. Once they call back, you're treated like a human again. After 2+ years of IUI visits, I formed a close relationship with one of the nurses. I was sad to find out we would get a different team of nurses for the IVF process, And we went back to being just a code.
I'm anovulary with PCOS, with very rare natural (unmedicated) cycles. First try: Provera to induce a period, then 50mg Clomid cycle days 3-7 for the cycle that didn't produce growing follicles. We didn't proceed with the IUI Second try: Provera, prescribed 100mg Clomid cycle days 3-7 and trigger shot, produced follicles around Cd22, IUI unsuccessful. 3rd cycle, very similar to the second cycle, 100mg Clomid with trigger shot 4th cycle moved to Letrozole with trigger shot, mature follicles showed up around cd12, IUI unsuccessful 5th IUI, sane protocol as the 4th We did 7 IUIs with my wife, she did 3 unmedicated and 3 with 50mg Clomid, and 1 with 100mg clomid. All unsuccessful. We moved on to IVF in May 2017. We did Menopur, Cetrotide, Gonal F, Novarel and PIO after retrieval through 10 weeks. I had 16 eggs retrieved, 14 fertilized, 1 implanted, and only 1 made it to freeze. Our 1 fresh transfer was successful.
Dr. Williams has 2 nurses on his team. Nancy is much nicer and warmer than Mackenzie. With my irregular cycles, I've had a lot of questions for them. The first couple calls, the nurse was very brisk, almost rude, like I was wasting her time. After our second failed cycle, I think Nancy realized we’d be seeing her a lot and she really warmed up to us. We rarely heard from Mackenzie after that.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They are partnered with and next door to a sperm bank. If you need donor sperm, this is very helpful and saves a ton on shipping costs. You’ll see the same doctor for most of your appointments, but sometimes one of the other doctors has to step in. Weekend IUIs, you’ll get whoever in on the schedule.
Initial consultation: $200, no insurance coverage Blood tests: $268, discounted by insurance down to $50 Sperm: $675 (was $515), no insurance coverage Ultrasound: $381, discounted by insurance down to $200 IUI: $230, no insurance coverage Trigger shot: $80, no insurance coverage Clomid: $20, discounted by insurance Provera: completely covered by insurance Ivf - $7k for monitoring, retrieval and implantation, after insurance adjustment; $3k for meds through insurance. They had a cash up front option for people with no insurance coverage and I believe that was $12k for monitoring, retrieval and implantation.
Our doctor recommended 1 embryo transfer for patients under 35, 2 for over 35. Since I was on the cusp, they gave me the option. I chose 1
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
My wife and I are both using this clinic. We started with her, then to me, then back to her. Since we come in together and have the same last name, they've confused our charts, or combined them. Sometimes they'll call my wife with my results, sometimes they will call me. They haven't set up a portal for me yet, but they seem to be putting all my information in my wife's portal. It's a little annoying because we are separate patients, but at least it's my wife and not some other patient that's getting my information.
2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr Williams was always kind and hopeful. He remembered the details of my case when he saw me and he never pressured me to pursue or not pursue any specific treatment....Overall, I liked Dr Williams. He remained optimistic yet gave me a realistic idea of whether specific treatments could work. He is kind and compassionate and on-time...My protocols were only for IUI. I started with 50mg Clomid while trying naturally. Then after one cycle, I decided I wanted to move to IUI with Clomid, which he agreed to. A few cycles I didn't ovulate, or my husband had low sperm counts.
Sometimes the staff [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] in the front lobby weren't super polite. The clinic itself is located right next the the lab and a blood place, so very convenient for me to manage...the nurse I worked with most was Mackenzie and she is awesome. I always received prompt phone calls back and she's very calm and informative and took all the time I needed to answer questions...Someone didn't call me with a progesterone level result
Overall, I liked Dr Williams. He remained optimistic yet gave me a realistic idea of whether specific treatments could work. He is kind and compassionate and on-time. So far, I've only pursued IUI with him, so I can't comment on IVF with this particular doctor.
Advocate for yourself. Make sure he knows if you want to be more aggressive with treatments, etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and Mackenzie )
The nurse I worked with most was Mackenzie and she is awesome. I always received prompt phone calls back and she's very calm and informative and took all the time I needed to answer questions.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Sometimes the staff in the front lobby weren't super polite. The clinic itself is located right next the the lab and a blood place, so very convenient for me to manage.
IUI was $373. Monitoring was about $40 after insurance. Procedures seemed to be well priced in comparison to what I've heard from other clinics
Did not pursue IVF so cannot comment.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Someone didn't call me with a progesterone level result. It was only to confirm whether I ovulated (I was pretty sure I did, so didn't follow up right away). She apologized and indicated they had critical staff out on vacation. I wasn't too concerned and wouldn't let that experience away you from choosing the clinic.
Columbus

During my 2nd round of IUI when Dr. Williams entered the room he asked me if I had ever had a vaginal ultrasound. Considering I had done my first round of IUI the month prior and had 2 previous ectopic pregnancies, anyone who would have read the chart before entering the room wouldn't ask that question. He also down played how serious my diminished ovarian reserve is and didn't inform me that IVF cycles would have a low success rate. He was ready to move forward without reviewing all the statistics and all my options. I'm just glad I got the 2nd opinion before moving forward. I would not recommend Dr. Williams to anyone who has diminished ovarian reserve or any other complex medical issue. They do not take outside factors into account before planning your treatment.
They [the nurses at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] were always very nice and informative...They are a very nice staff of people they have working for the doctors. If you have any serious hormone imbalance or any complex issue, I would recommend researching several different facilities first...During my 2nd round of IUI when Dr. Williams entered the room he asked me if I had ever had a vaginal ultrasound. Considering I had done my first round of IUI the month prior and had 2 previous ectopic pregnancies, anyone who would have read the chart before entering the room wouldn't ask that question.
Do your research
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They were always very nice and informative
Do not remember

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
I appreciate the time Dr. Williams has spent getting to know me and his hard work trying to help us have a baby. My case has is very strange and I've had weird symptoms for 2 years. Dr. Williams has helped in any way he could to help me...Dr. Williams has taken a sincere interest in my extremely rare case. He makes me feel like he cares about me.
My IFV procedure [at Ohio Reproductive Medicine] cost $7000. The medications cost $3000...Needs to be updated in appearance...Nancy is fantastic. She has the demeanor of an angel. She helped make IVF and all the uncomfortable, steril-ness so much better...Dr. Williams has taken a sincere interest in my extremely rare case. He makes me feel like he cares about me...I appreciate the time Dr. Williams has spent getting to know me and his hard work trying to help us have a baby. My case has is very strange and I've had weird symptoms for 2 years. Dr. Williams has helped in any way he could to help me.
Make sure you ask all the questions. Don't expect him to know what they are before you ask.
I can't remember the specifics of my treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nancy )
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Needs to be updated in appearance.
My IFV procedure cost $7000. The medications cost $3000
I felt comfortable in trusting Dr. Williams' advice. I took his suggestions to heart.
Columbus
He [Dr. Williams] was nice and explained things fairly well during our consultation. I had pretty high hopes with our chances of getting pregnant with just the IUI, but it didn't work. I just feel like after the last IUI that he could have communicated and asked how we were or what our next step could be.... I always had to call them [Ohio Reproductive Medicine - Columbus]. And after i did my last IUI, I never heard another word.
They [Ohio Reproductive Medicine - Columbus] were all pretty nice but it seemed like they cared about the payment more than the patient. As soon as you walked in the receptionist was asked for payment and didnt really seem to care how you were doing. The environment isn't very inviting either, they would make it a little more cozy in there....I can't remember the one nurse's name but she was very rude when I called to ask a question.
He was nice and explained things fairly well during our consultation. I had pretty high hopes with our chances of getting pregnant with just the IUI, but it didn't work. I just feel like after the last IUI that he could have communicated and asked how we were or what our next step could be.
I always had to call them. And after i did my last IUI, I never heard another word.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
They were all pretty nice but it seemed like they cared about the payment more than the patient. As soon as you walked in the receptionist was asked for payment and didnt really seem to care how you were doing. The environment isn't very inviting either, they would make it a little more cozy in there.
Thankfully my insurance covered some of it but I believe we had to pay 225 for each IUI cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I just always had to call them with results or what needed to be done next.

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Williams is very nice. He is quirky and funny...He never seemed to really remember who I was. He used the same basic protocol that he uses with everyone. Meetings with him, for which I paid out of pocket, were brief. He would ramble through a canned speech about whatever it is we'd be doing and then quickly usher me out the door to speak to his nurse. I frequently forgot to ask him many of the questions I had because he just rushed me so much.
The biggest thing they [Ohio Reproductive Medicine] have going for them is name recognition. At the time I started going there, they were really the only clinic anyone knew about in town. I went because my friend went there and my OB/GYN referred me. Their weaknesses?: wait times, protocols, doctors, their lab is OLD and OUTDATED and INEFFECTIVE, their billing department is atrocious, they push everyone into IVF, and their nurses are--with few exception--awful to deal with.
I used to love Dr. Williams. But in the end, even though I have had two children with no fertility enhancing medication (and they are only 2 and 3 years old) he could not get me pregnant. He rushed through all of his explanations, never seemed to know who I was, and frequently I didn't even see him. During my one and only IVF cycle with him, he let me go SEVERAL days without monitoring between my last ultrasound and my egg retrieval. A fact my next RE would be astounded by. I was also told the morning of my egg retrieval that a different doctor at the clinic, one who had not even taken on any of her own patients yet, would be doing my retrieval. The only reason she didn't do it is because I complained about it. The retrieval itself went fine (I think). He recovered 10 eggs which was lower than he had told me would likely be the result at the beginning (he predicted at least 15). The fertilization, which we did with ICSI, was disastrous. ICSI usually has a 80% fertilization rate, only 4 out of my 10 eggs even fertilized. This was so hard to stomach--I had just been pregnant, naturally! (Our issue is male factor--my husband had a vasectomy and subsequent reversal. The reversal lasted long enough to naturally conceive our son but then scarred over again). Anyhow, the embryologist had no answer for why we had such a miserable fertilization rate. Just speaking to her, she seemed highly unintelligent. She couldn't answer any of my questions. She just said "well maybe it will be fine." It wasn't. Two of the embryos never really developed, and we transferred the other two on day 3. Negative. Obviously disappointed, we wanted to try again. I scheduled an appointment with Dr Williams right away. He too had no idea what went wrong. He told me he went to the lab to ask but they didn't take any notes on me... Then he recommended basically the exact same protocol again but with higher doses of drugs this time. We did not ultimately complete a second IVF cycle there and went elsewhere. It is worth noting that I had also done 8 medicated and unmedicated IUIs in the previous year with perfect donor sperm and did not get pregnant that way either.
Don't go to this doctor or this clinic.
Dr. Williams is very nice. He is quirky and funny. I liked him a great deal for years, and recommended him to everyone. But as time wore on, I started feeling more like a number to him. More specifically--a paycheck. He never seemed to really remember who I was. He used the same basic protocol that he uses with everyone. Meetings with him, for which I paid out of pocket, were brief. He would ramble through a canned speech about whatever it is we'd be doing and then quickly usher me out the door to speak to his nurse. I frequently forgot to ask him many of the questions I had because he just rushed me so much.
I wasn't given a rationale for why he used these particular protocols. He put me on long lupron and gonal-f, just like he does with everyone else.
Dr. Williams' nurse Nancy is rude and condescending. When she called to tell me that my first IVF failed, that my pregnancy test was negative, I expressed disappointment. She said "Well, we aren't miracle workers." And I must admit I agree with her. They are not. However, I wasn't looking for a miracle. I'm a person who has two children already conceived naturally. Another one conceived should not have to be a miracle. If you are someone who even has the slightest issue, I guess Nancy and the team at ORM would consider your potential pregnancy a true miracle not to be expected.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The strengths? None. The biggest thing they have going for them is name recognition. At the time I started going there, they were really the only clinic anyone knew about in town. I went because my friend went there and my OB/GYN referred me. Their weaknesses?: wait times, protocols, doctors, their lab is OLD and OUTDATED and INEFFECTIVE, their billing department is atrocious, they push everyone into IVF, and their nurses are--with few exception--awful to deal with.
Ultrasound monitoring here is the worst. 9 million people all waiting and it takes hours.
Typical costs.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
One of the biggest issues I had was with the billing department here. It is awfully complicated, but I had to compile a timeline for litigation purposes so I will just copy and paste it here: On October 13th, 2015 I returned a call from Fallon Johns at Dr. Williams office to pay for the upcoming IVF procedure. Fallon informed me that she spoke to my insurance company and that they covered the procedure at 80%. This meant that our ICSI w/natural sperm procedure would cost (Approximately) 1,300 dollars. I expressed surprise with this because our insurance had not covered any of the IUI procedures that we had done over the last year. She told me that they do NOT cover inseminations, but they DO cover IVF/ICSI procedures. I was still in disbelief so I made her confirm that it was my social security number, and my insurance company etc. She confirmed. I asked her to please send me confirmation via mail. She did. She also told me that our plan covered unlimited procedures. Obviously thrilled, I paid my deposit and we proceeded onward. On December 8th I underwent an egg retrieval. On December 11th I underwent an egg transfer. These procedures were ultimately unsuccessful. UNBEKNOWNST TO ME: my insurance company had contacted Dr. WIlliams' office and denied my claim from December. On December 23, records show, Dr. Williams' office contacted the insurance company and was told that it was covered, and that they should resubmit the claim. They presumably did. I was not informed that there was any issue. On approximately December 29th I met with Dr Williams and his nurse about doing another round of ICSI with natural sperm. The plan was to begin with my next period that would presumably be in January. On approximately January 13 or 14th my husband filled out the insurance coverage form provided by Doctor Williams' office by calling our insurance provider, reading them the codes provided by ORM on my form and having them say whether they were covered or not. The person on the form at our insurance provider told my husband that every code was covered, that medications were not covered, and there was no limit to the number of procedures we could do in the future. On either the 13th or 14th I brought back the completed form and our signed embryo cryopreservation form to ORM. On January 18th, Dr Williams' office called my insurance company again and was told, again, that the procedure was covered. On January 19th I received a call from Kerry at the ORM billing office who told me that my procedure was covered at 80%, and that (with our deductible) I owe 3900 dollars for the entire procedure, not including medications. On January 20th, we paid the deposit of 3900 dollars to ORM. Between January 20th and 30th, I had several conversations with my nurses at ORM about how to proceed through this cycle, none of which mentioned any past or current problems with my insurance. On January 30th, I started taking hormonal birth control for this round of IVF and already had my IVF schedule delivered to me via my patient portal. On the morning of February 1st, I was called by ORM nurse Nancy and told that she was going to either mail my patient folder to me or I could come and pick it up. I returned the call and said that she should mail it. At approximately 3:45 PM on February 1st, I received a call from Kerry at the ORM office asking if I had received my letter of denial regarding insurance claims. I said no I had not. She informed me that despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary provided from my insurance company, that not only was my procedure from December not covered, but the current cycle in which I was engaged was not covered. She informed me that unless I paid ORM approximately 15,000 dollars, I would not be able to continue my current cycle. Later, I would learn that Fallon Johns, the employee who initially OK'ed my procedures, was fired by ORM. No one would give me any more information. I was also informed that despite the fact that ORM only billed me for 1300 dollars, which I paid, and then they in consideration of that fact not only completed the IVF procedure--but allowed me to start a second one at the SAME price, that they would not honor our original contract re: the price for my first IVF cycle. I ultimately canceled the second cycle and went elsewhere. They are still billing me for the first IVF cycle which I refuse to pay as I detrimentally relied upon their assertion that I only owed 1300 dollars, an assertion they made for many, many, months despite what would later become clear were major red flags from my insurance provider regarding my coverage.