Medical SchoolU. of Miami
FellowshipU. of North Carolina
7920 ACC Bld
Raleigh, NC 27617
919-908-0000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Steven Young to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UNC Fertility to a friend?
1 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Young is honest but understands the need for humanity even in giving bad news.... He has given us options for our procedures and is always patient to explain those options, the risks, and the benefits to us.
1 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Steven Young at UNC Fertility?
Dr. Young has been great to work with. He sees a lot of patients, but I never felt like a "number" when speaking with him. I occasionally have to remind him of my specific scenario, but its more just jogging his memory - he immideately picks up where we left off in our conversations and is clear and honest in our discussions. He has given us options for our procedures and is always patient to explain those options, the risks, and the benefits to us. He has a nice sense of humor (IMO, I make lots of jokes when I'm uncomfortable) and when things are going well he is beautifully optimistic and encouraging.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Young at UNC Fertility?
You're in the hands of a doctor and a professor, relax and let him guide you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Young at UNC Fertility?
I felt cared for and KNOWN at this facility. Nurses were kind and warm and i'd say 75% of the time I see my OWN doctor instead of just one of the many rotating. I have the email address and phone numbers I need to contact my Dr. or my IVF nurse if I have questions and both have responded out of hours to my inquries. Dr Young has answered my MANY questions (lists and lists!) and spent a lot of time to tell me what details I need to know to feel comfortable. Dr. Young is honest but understands the need for humanity even in giving bad news.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UNC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Wendy Snyder)
Wendy is warm, compassionate, and wonderfully communicative. I often have lists and lists of questions and she patiently answers each one. I never feel like she is rushing to be done with me or that I am just another patient to her. I often wonder where she keeps her back storage of compassion because she surely cannot treat all her patients this kindly but she does. She is knowledgable and quick and she knows the Doctors that she works with well.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at UNC Fertility.
Monitoring appointments were usually scheduled in a window from 7:30 am until 9 am. The earlier your appointment the more likely you are to get in and out quickly without any delay. You check in and sit in the waiting area like a normal appointment (but you know most of the women waiting around you are there for the same reason).
What specific things went wrong at UNC Fertility?
Male Factor, Other
He was amazing! He would explain lab results in detail. Dr. Young had a sense of humor and provide a comfortable setting when the process is so stressful, but you would always leave with a piece of mind that the path you were doing was the right treatment.... Dr. Young would call whenever there was reason to explain any lab result. He was completely understanding and listened, then gave his advice. He was always realistic and optimistic.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Steven Young at UNC Fertility?
Embrace his knowledge. He is very intelligent and looks at things differently.
Describe the protocols Steven Young used in your cycles at UNC Fertility and their degree of success.
First attempt IVF normal protocal. Canceled due because my body ovulated on it’s own before retrieval ( body wasn’t suppressed enough) Second attempt- antagonist protocol due to the results of the first attempt. Worked! Egg retrieval, stored/froze embryos and transferred our baby girl!
Describe your experience with your nurse at UNC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Aly)
Aly would be prompt to answer any question and was knowledgeable about my protocal. She was so compassionate.
Describe your experience with UNC Fertility.
The clinic was so warm. Everyone from the receptionists to the nurses to the doctors would greet you with a smile and treat you as though you were a friend. There was one receptionist who did not know how to file payments and was not friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Young at UNC Fertility.
We did a payment plan 20000