Medical SchoolBJ Medical
Sugar Land
7616 Branford Place
Sugar Land, TX 77479
713-512-7900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Subodh Chauhan to a friend?
Neutral: 50%Don't recommend: 50%4
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Houston Fertility Specialists to a friend?
I initially saw this doctor because my previous RE would not allow me to do IUIs because of extremely low sperm count and Dr. Chauhan would. I did about 5 IUIs with him unsuccessfully. Each time I saw him it was like he didn’t remember my case or who I was but I decided to use him to do my IVF anyway. ... We were not happy that Dr. Chauhan decided not to change our protocol at all for the second retrieval and refused to allow us to do a 3 day transfer when a majority of my embryos arrested by day 4.
How was your experience with Subodh Chauhan at Houston Fertility Specialists?
I initially saw this doctor because my previous RE would not allow me to do IUIs because of extremely low sperm count and Dr. Chauhan would. I did about 5 IUIs with him unsuccessfully. Each time I saw him it was like he didn’t remember my case or who I was but I decided to use him to do my IVF anyway. I had two retrieval’s back to back because the first one I only ended up with one mosaic embryo. The second retrieval I only got one embryo that was a trisomy so I did not get but 1 mosaic embryo to transfer. Before I could transfer the embryo from my first retrieval, they wanted full payment for both retrievals. We were not happy that Dr. Chauhan decided not to change our protocol at all for the second retrieval and refused to allow us to do a 3 day transfer when a majority of my embryos arrested by day 4.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Subodh Chauhan at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Be aware of being used for your ignorance. This doctor doesn’t seem to care whether you get the best chance at a baby he just wants your money.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Subodh Chauhan at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He never tailored my treatment nor could remember my case from other patients.
Describe the protocols Subodh Chauhan used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Both cycles I used follistim, menapur, ganerellex, ovadril to stim and trigger. Was not advised to use supplements nor was protocol changed for second retrieval
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Amanda Bigi)
She was very rude and made our experience pure hell. Twice I was in the waiting room on different occasions and overheard her talking to the staff about other patients using foul language and it was very disturbing to me. She was very rude to my husband and I on several occasions treating us like we are annoying her or like we’re stupid.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The clinics strength is they do not care about their statistics so they will allow patients to decide procedures and not turn away because of high BMI or low sperm counts. They’re weekness is that they are rude and will cause patients a lot of stress and anxiety because of their poor bed side manner. Be ready to be treated like a cookie cutter. This place, aside from the staff from hell, is ok to try for your first round of IVF but if that fails then I would not trust they will change your protocol to best suit you.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Houston Fertility Specialists.
The medical assistant did most of my ultrasound appointments for both cycles and she was always very quick and did not even discuss what she was doing. My right ovary liked to hide and she was always very rough trying to find it so much so that when I recently saw my new RE I was extremely anxious and tense when they did my ultrasound. I was scared they would hurt me like she always did but they did not.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Subodh Chauhan at Houston Fertility Specialists.
Total cost for one cycle is about $15,000
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Houston
Dr. Chauhan was very helpful and knowledgable. He would sometimes forget details about us and our treatment, but never to the point that I felt he didn’t care...He’s a very nice guy, but I wouldn’t describe his bedside manner as overly warm, so if that’s really important to you, then he may not be for you. However, he is very knowledgeable and to-the-point...decided to do IUI as Dr. Chauhan was very confident that we’d be able to get pregnant. Sure enough, we got pregnant after our first IUI (medicated cycle with clomid). Unfortunately, it ended in an early loss/chemical pregnant (around 5 weeks). But we got pregnant again the very next IUI and now have a very healthy 3 month old boy! I’m so glad we trusted Dr. Chauhan and didn’t go elsewhere as I’m afraid we may have been pushed needlessly into doing IVF. I can’t thank Dr. Chauhan enough for helping my husband and I to create our beautiful little miracle.
How was your experience with Subodh Chauhan at Houston Fertility Specialists?
I thought Dr. Chauhan was the perfect doctor for us. He was recommended to us by a friend who had success after seeing him, and I’m glad we did. He’s a very nice guy, but I wouldn’t describe his bedside manner as overly warm, so if that’s really important to you, then he may not be for you. However, he is very knowledgeable and to-the-point. The only issue that was ever discovered was that my husband’s morphology was low (1%). I read probably hundreds of things online from other people who had the same issue, and many said that their RE told them that IUI would not be successful and that IVF with ICSI would be the only way they would be able to get pregnant. We brought this up to Dr. Chauhan a few times and he assured us that morphology is misunderstood and that he’s had many patients get pregnant despite low morphology. I have to admit, I was a little hesitant after reading so much from other people about it. But we trusted him and decided to do IUI as Dr. Chauhan was very confident that we’d be able to get pregnant. Sure enough, we got pregnant after our first IUI (medicated cycle with clomid). Unfortunately, it ended in an early loss/chemical pregnant (around 5 weeks). But we got pregnant again the very next IUI and now have a very healthy 3 month old boy! I’m so glad we trusted Dr. Chauhan and didn’t go elsewhere as I’m afraid we may have been pushed needlessly into doing IVF. I can’t thank Dr. Chauhan enough for helping my husband and I to create our beautiful little miracle.
Trust his expertise. At first, I wasn’t sure about his bedside manner. He was really friendly, but I thought about switching to a woman to get a warmer, more nurturing experience. But in working with him it’s obvious he truly cares about his patients and is really knowledgeable. Also, be sure to ask questions and voice your concerns. My husband is a questioner by nature - always ask tons of questions no matter where we are or what we’re doing. Dr. Chauhan never minded and was always happy to answer any questions we had, so be sure to ask.
IUI round 1: Clomid on cycle days 3-7; took ovulation tests at home; IUI on day after positive OPK; positive pregnancy test but ended in a chemical pregnancy IUI #2: clomid cd 3-7; follicle scan on day 13 - 2 follicles on right side, both 20+mm; trigger shot on day 13; IUI on day 15; positive pregnancy test that led to our baby
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is clean and nice and has a cool little coffee bar in the waiting area. The front staff is friendly and easy to work with. They use an online portal which is convenient. Only weaknesses would be that you have to pay for parking each visit.