Available by cell phone
Sugar Land
7616 Branford Place
Sugar Land, TX 77479
713-512-7900
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Subodh Chauhan to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Houston Fertility Specialists to a friend?
He [Dr. Chauhan] will take his time helping you understand your treatment...will not just put in multiple embryos. He weighs the potential risks of ending up with multiples. I think for our next round we may do a multiple transfer if we get enough embryos but for this first cycle our transfers were single simply because he didn’t want to risk loosing both embryos on one shot...He takes his time to analyze each and every possibility and gives you the facts which in turn make decision making a lot easier. He has calmed me down and help my hand while I cried. Over all he is always available wether via a nurse, email or phone.
They [staff at Aspire Fertility] are very upfront about what you should expect and very clear when answering questions. Their finance department is amazing as is the team at the front desk, in the lab, the nursing team and their doctors. Everyone makes you feel as if you’re the only patient...Valeria is super sweet and caring. She will answer all of your questions and treat you with the gentlest hands. I love having her as my nurse... Clinic Nps
How was your experience with Subodh Chauhan at Aspire Fertility?
He’s great at making you feel comfortable and always makes sure that you are informed. For me I google a lot of things and he always takes his time either considering my suggestions or helping me understand while it doesn’t apply to my case. Even though our results haven’t been what we hoped for he hasn’t given up on us which makes me truly trust him and his process. I feel very comfortable being under his care and would absolutely recommend him to anyone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Subodh Chauhan at Aspire Fertility?
Ask all the questions you want, trust me he is the most patient (no pun intended) doctor you’ll ever have. He will take his time helping you understand your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Subodh Chauhan at Aspire Fertility?
Describe the protocols Subodh Chauhan used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility and their degree of success.
I can’t really remember what protocol was used but for sure for the IUIs I would be on clomid from day two of my cycle until day 6 so for a total of 5 days. For the egg retrieval and transfers there were so many injections that I cannot remember.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Valeria)
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
They are very upfront about what you should expect and very clear when answering questions. Their finance department is amazing as is the team at the front desk, in the lab, the nursing team and their doctors. Everyone makes you feel as if you’re the only patient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Subodh Chauhan at Aspire Fertility.
Our medications were in the $5k range our IUIs were about $500 each and our transfer cycle I believe was about $12k
Describe Subodh Chauhan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility.
Dr. Chauhan will not just put in multiple embryos. He weighs the potential risks of ending up with multiples. I think for our next round we may do a multiple transfer if we get enough embryos but for this first cycle our transfers were single simply because he didn’t want to risk loosing both embryos on one shot.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Subodh Chauhan at Aspire Fertility.

I initially saw this doctor because my previous RE would not allow me to do IUIs because of extremely low sperm count and Dr. Chauhan would. I did about 5 IUIs with him unsuccessfully. Each time I saw him it was like he didn’t remember my case or who I was but I decided to use him to do my IVF anyway. ... We were not happy that Dr. Chauhan decided not to change our protocol at all for the second retrieval and refused to allow us to do a 3 day transfer when a majority of my embryos arrested by day 4.
The medical assistant [at Houston Fertility Specialists] did most of my ultrasound appointments for both cycles and she was always very quick and did not even discuss what she was doing. My right ovary liked to hide and she was always very rough trying to find it so much so that when I recently saw my new RE I was extremely anxious and tense when they did my ultrasound. I was scared they would hurt me like she always did but they did not.
How was your experience with Subodh Chauhan at Houston Fertility Specialists?
I initially saw this doctor because my previous RE would not allow me to do IUIs because of extremely low sperm count and Dr. Chauhan would. I did about 5 IUIs with him unsuccessfully. Each time I saw him it was like he didn’t remember my case or who I was but I decided to use him to do my IVF anyway. I had two retrieval’s back to back because the first one I only ended up with one mosaic embryo. The second retrieval I only got one embryo that was a trisomy so I did not get but 1 mosaic embryo to transfer. Before I could transfer the embryo from my first retrieval, they wanted full payment for both retrievals. We were not happy that Dr. Chauhan decided not to change our protocol at all for the second retrieval and refused to allow us to do a 3 day transfer when a majority of my embryos arrested by day 4.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Subodh Chauhan at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Be aware of being used for your ignorance. This doctor doesn’t seem to care whether you get the best chance at a baby he just wants your money.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Subodh Chauhan at Houston Fertility Specialists?
He never tailored my treatment nor could remember my case from other patients.
Describe the protocols Subodh Chauhan used in your cycles at Houston Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Both cycles I used follistim, menapur, ganerellex, ovadril to stim and trigger. Was not advised to use supplements nor was protocol changed for second retrieval
Describe your experience with your nurse at Houston Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Amanda Bigi)
She was very rude and made our experience pure hell. Twice I was in the waiting room on different occasions and overheard her talking to the staff about other patients using foul language and it was very disturbing to me. She was very rude to my husband and I on several occasions treating us like we are annoying her or like we’re stupid.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The clinics strength is they do not care about their statistics so they will allow patients to decide procedures and not turn away because of high BMI or low sperm counts. They’re weekness is that they are rude and will cause patients a lot of stress and anxiety because of their poor bed side manner. Be ready to be treated like a cookie cutter. This place, aside from the staff from hell, is ok to try for your first round of IVF but if that fails then I would not trust they will change your protocol to best suit you.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Houston Fertility Specialists.
The medical assistant did most of my ultrasound appointments for both cycles and she was always very quick and did not even discuss what she was doing. My right ovary liked to hide and she was always very rough trying to find it so much so that when I recently saw my new RE I was extremely anxious and tense when they did my ultrasound. I was scared they would hurt me like she always did but they did not.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Subodh Chauhan at Houston Fertility Specialists.
Total cost for one cycle is about $15,000
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Specialists?
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Subodh Chauhan at Houston Fertility Specialists.

Dr. Chauhan was very helpful and knowledgable. He would sometimes forget details about us and our treatment, but never to the point that I felt he didn’t care...He’s a very nice guy, but I wouldn’t describe his bedside manner as overly warm, so if that’s really important to you, then he may not be for you. However, he is very knowledgeable and to-the-point...decided to do IUI as Dr. Chauhan was very confident that we’d be able to get pregnant. Sure enough, we got pregnant after our first IUI (medicated cycle with clomid). Unfortunately, it ended in an early loss/chemical pregnant (around 5 weeks). But we got pregnant again the very next IUI and now have a very healthy 3 month old boy! I’m so glad we trusted Dr. Chauhan and didn’t go elsewhere as I’m afraid we may have been pushed needlessly into doing IVF. I can’t thank Dr. Chauhan enough for helping my husband and I to create our beautiful little miracle.
The clinic [Houston Fertility Specialists] is clean and nice and has a cool little coffee bar in the waiting area. The front staff is friendly and easy to work with. They use an online portal which is convenient. Only weaknesses would be that you have to pay for parking each visit... Dr. Chauhan never minded and was always happy to answer any questions we had, so be sure to ask...was very helpful and knowledgable. He would sometimes forget details about us and our treatment, but never to the point that I felt he didn’t care.
How was your experience with Subodh Chauhan at Houston Fertility Specialists?
I thought Dr. Chauhan was the perfect doctor for us. He was recommended to us by a friend who had success after seeing him, and I’m glad we did. He’s a very nice guy, but I wouldn’t describe his bedside manner as overly warm, so if that’s really important to you, then he may not be for you. However, he is very knowledgeable and to-the-point. The only issue that was ever discovered was that my husband’s morphology was low (1%). I read probably hundreds of things online from other people who had the same issue, and many said that their RE told them that IUI would not be successful and that IVF with ICSI would be the only way they would be able to get pregnant. We brought this up to Dr. Chauhan a few times and he assured us that morphology is misunderstood and that he’s had many patients get pregnant despite low morphology. I have to admit, I was a little hesitant after reading so much from other people about it. But we trusted him and decided to do IUI as Dr. Chauhan was very confident that we’d be able to get pregnant. Sure enough, we got pregnant after our first IUI (medicated cycle with clomid). Unfortunately, it ended in an early loss/chemical pregnant (around 5 weeks). But we got pregnant again the very next IUI and now have a very healthy 3 month old boy! I’m so glad we trusted Dr. Chauhan and didn’t go elsewhere as I’m afraid we may have been pushed needlessly into doing IVF. I can’t thank Dr. Chauhan enough for helping my husband and I to create our beautiful little miracle.
Trust his expertise. At first, I wasn’t sure about his bedside manner. He was really friendly, but I thought about switching to a woman to get a warmer, more nurturing experience. But in working with him it’s obvious he truly cares about his patients and is really knowledgeable. Also, be sure to ask questions and voice your concerns. My husband is a questioner by nature - always ask tons of questions no matter where we are or what we’re doing. Dr. Chauhan never minded and was always happy to answer any questions we had, so be sure to ask.
IUI round 1: Clomid on cycle days 3-7; took ovulation tests at home; IUI on day after positive OPK; positive pregnancy test but ended in a chemical pregnancy IUI #2: clomid cd 3-7; follicle scan on day 13 - 2 follicles on right side, both 20+mm; trigger shot on day 13; IUI on day 15; positive pregnancy test that led to our baby
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is clean and nice and has a cool little coffee bar in the waiting area. The front staff is friendly and easy to work with. They use an online portal which is convenient. Only weaknesses would be that you have to pay for parking each visit.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr.Chauhan took over our IVF treatment a few days before our cycle began due to turnover in the clinic, despite the tough situation he thoroughly reviewed multiple years of test and treatment history to develop a plan for our cycle.... We are still early on in our relation5 with Dr. Chauhan. At this point it's too hard to tell. He is thorough, a good communicator and listens well as far as we can tell at this point. Considering he and his staff took me on as a patient just days prior to stims, my treatment was better than expected this far.
In the past year, Aspire purchased and merged with Houston Fertility Specialists (HFS). Until recently there was no change in care or treatment of Dr.Stegmann's patients until her sudden departure from the clinic - which forced all her patients to transfer to other doctors. The handoff was sloppy, poorly managed and left patients scrambling either mid-treatment or just prior to a cycle start. It nearly jeopardized my cycle timeline and definitely made this already stressful process that much harder.... new location, new doctor, new nurses, new protocol days before cycle start.
How was your experience with Subodh Chauhan at Aspire Fertility?
Be knowledgeable. Make a point to understand your diagnosis and share your goals and expectations with his (aside from conceiving).
Not at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Linda)
So far so good. too early to elaborate.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
I am a patient through the Glow Fertility Discount program - they pre-negociated cash discounts on my behalf.
My clinic prefers eSET as a whole, particularly in patients under 35. Considering we would also prefer a singleton, this process makes the most sense for us at this time.
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Fertility?
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Chauhan has a God given ability to make you feel human and show compassion through infertility. He listened to my concerns and feelings and communicated appropriately. ... If you want to move quickly into treatment, he will discuss it, but he lets you make a lot of decisions on Persuing the next steps at your time ... We decided to do an IUI since I had done a few rounds of clomid and wanted to increase my chances of success.
The clinic [Houston Fertility Specialists - Houston] is great at scheduling appointments with you. ... The clinic is not good at returning voicemails, but you are at the office frequently enough to make up for that. ... You pay for the services provided when you leave your appointment. ... The nursing staff was easy to communicate with in person. They were harder to contact via the ohone ...
How was your experience with Subodh Chauhan at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Dr. Chauhan has a God given ability to make you feel human and show compassion through infertility. He listened to my concerns and feelings and communicated appropriately. It is through him that God gave us a baby.
Be prepared to move at your own pace for treatment. If you want to move quickly into treatment, he will discuss it, but he lets you make a lot of decisions on Persuing the next steps at your time
He took the time to listen to my concerns and my thoughts.
We used clomid since it was successful for my first child. We decided to do an IUI since I had done a few rounds of clomid and wanted to increase my chances of success. Clomid and the IUI led to a positive pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
The clinic is great at scheduling appointments with you. You pay for the services provided when you leave your appointment. The clinic is not good at returning voicemails, but you are at the office frequently enough to make up for that.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Chauhan was always there step by step explaining and walking us through every process...Dr. Chauhan was very patient and very clear explaining the process step by step and always there for us, especially through the unsuccessful IUI, he was always caring and compassionate and explaining what the next step should be and always asking question to to keep on track with what we wanted to achieve
The clinic [Aspire Fertility] was great, they just moved to a new location that is slightly better than the old location, but the old location was good. the new location in in the same building as the IVF treatment facility, that was very convenient... Dr. Chauhan was very patient and very clear explaining the process step by step and always there for us, especially through the unsuccessful IUI, he was always caring and compassionate
How was your experience with Subodh Chauhan at Aspire Fertility?
Trust his diagnosis and implement his directions
they were great
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
The clinic was great, they just moved to a new location that is slightly better than the old location, but the old location was good. the new location in in the same building as the IVF treatment facility, that was very convenient
2012 - 2013
My insurance seemed to really confuse the clinic staff [at Houston Fertility Specialists], leading me to pay wildly different amounts for each routine scan. They were unable to answer any questions as to why the cost varied so wildly...[Dr. Subodh Chauhan] didn't seem interested in actually tailoring treatment based on any of my test results, and he ignored my endometriosis. It seemed like he had a standard plan that he didn't like to stray from...was a terrible fit for us. He ignored any discussion of endometriosis because he said he preferred to only treat one thing at a time. He was very quick to shrug his shoulders and blame things on my BMI instead of changing our treatment plan. He also encouraged expensive testing and mislead us about their prices.
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Subodh Chauhan at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Dr Chauhan was a terrible fit for us. He ignored any discussion of endometriosis because he said he preferred to only treat one thing at a time. He was very quick to shrug his shoulders and blame things on my BMI instead of changing our treatment plan. He also encouraged expensive testing and mislead us about their prices.
Dr Chauhan didn't seem interested in actually tailoring treatment based on any of my test results, and he ignored my endometriosis. It seemed like he had a standard plan that he didn't like to stray from.
Describe your experience with Houston Fertility Specialists.
My insurance seemed to really confuse the clinic staff, leading me to pay wildly different amounts for each routine scan. They were unable to answer any questions as to why the cost varied so wildly.
What specific things went wrong at Houston Fertility Specialists?
Sugar Land