Medical SchoolBeirut
FellowshipEastern Virginia Jones
5704 Fayetteville Road
Durham, NC 27713
919-572-4673
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Suheil Muasher to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Duke Fertility Center to a friend?
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He took the time to explain anything we didn't understand or wanted explained.... From the first consultation with Dr. Suheil Muasher we new that we were in the right place even if we weren't successful.... We used 3 day embryos and transferred them on day 3 because in a past cycle, are embryos died on day 3-4. It proved to be the right decision.... We had one healthy baby, which is now our beautiful almost 2 year old daughter.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Suheil Muasher at Duke Fertility Center?
We went through a IVF cycle with a different clinic that only does frozen cycles, so they would freeze our embryos on day 5. The problem was our embryos didn't live past 3-4 days, so we had none to freeze. From the first consultation with Dr. Suheil Muasher we new that we were in the right place even if we weren't successful. It truly felt like a different experience then the first clinic. He reviewed our records from the first IVF cycle and thought it was best to do a fresh cycle, we agreed. We retrieved 13 eggs and only had 3 embryos on day 3 that weren't showing signs of deterioration. So we transferred those 3 on day 3. We had a vanishing twin that they never got a heart beat from and was no longer there after 7-8 weeks. We had one healthy baby, which is now our beautiful almost 2 year old daughter. We are more than thankful and felt a tremendous amount of pressure because that cycle was the last that our insurance would help pay for, we new it was our last chance! I tell any one who might be considering IVF about our experience and Dr. Muasher.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Suheil Muasher at Duke Fertility Center?
Trust the process, this is what he does every day!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Suheil Muasher at Duke Fertility Center?
He took the time to explain anything we didn't understand or wanted explained.
Describe the protocols Suheil Muasher used in your cycles at Duke Fertility Center and their degree of success.
You get to know the nurses/staff very well because those are the people you see the most. With all the monitoring that's involved with IVF, these people are the front line and are a very important part of the process.
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
I always felt very confident in there knowledge and abilities. Everyone was friendly and if they didn't know the answer, they found someone who did. The staff always returned phone calls with questions and concerns in a timely manner. The financial coordinator made sure we had the info from our insurance company with exactly what was covered and what wasn't. She made sure we new exactly what we needed to get started and what the total cost was going to be. The staff was understanding and compassionate. The only thing I didn't like is we had to wait hours in the waiting room with no knowledge of we had embryos or how many the morning of transfer but I hear that other people from other places experienced the same on transfer day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Suheil Muasher at Duke Fertility Center.
Durham
Dr. Muasher takes time to come in and talk with me even when he's not scheduled to see me. He came in on a Saturday for one of my ultrasounds to see it without really needing to be there. He is always compassionate and had a warm heart...He's genuine, kind and respectful. He takes time to hold my hand and reassure me. I met him in 2015, when my husband and I decided to start fertility treatments after a miscarriage in November 2013. Dr. Muasher takes time to meet with me anymore my husband to go over results and our plan. He called me personally to discuss my concerns.
How was your experience with Suheil Muasher at Duke Fertility Center?
Trust in him, he'll tailor your plan of care to what you need and what you feel comfortable with.
2015 Clomid 50mg days 3-7, follistim 75ui 8-10, times 2 .... failed IUI cycles 2017: 50 mg clomid, 75 gonalf days 8-10 =R- 20.5, 14, 19.5,13,11.5,10 3less L- 19,19,12 5 less 6.4 tri LH 4.22 E2 1751.02 ,... Failed IUI cycle Femera/75iu gonalf and iui cycle, only one large 26mm follicle, failed
Describe your experience with your nurse at Duke Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
Front desk staff and very nice and have gotten to know my husband and me very well. I did have a bad experience with one of the nps in 2015, her bedside manner wasn't appropriate.... She want compassionate. She's no longer there.
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
Organized Have a financial advisor Handouts Respond quickly
Approx $7500 out of pocket for first 2 rounds of iui with meds and all workup in 2015 Approx $650 for each iui cycle w/ meds and visits in 2017... Insurance helps some now
What specific things went wrong at Duke Fertility Center?