Medical SchoolOhio St
Phila - Walnut St
800 Walnut St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
800-789-7366
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Suneeta Senapati to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 33%Neutral: 67%8
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care to a friend?
Dr Senapati explained the entire process in great detail...When I first went to see Dr Senapati I didn't know what to expect. She explained all the procedures such as IUI and IVF in great detail. I believe she could come off a little more compassionate as some of the other doctors I've met in the practice....Dr Senapati throws a lot of information at you at once. Make sure you bring your questions and you take down notes....
How was your experience with Suneeta Senapati at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Suneeta Senapati at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Suneeta Senapati at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care?
Dr Senapati explained the entire process in great detail. If you have a question, my nurses got back to me the same day. When I went in to see my doctor or for blood work and sonogram I was seen within 15-20 minutes. All staff is very friendly and willing to answer any questions.
Describe the protocols Suneeta Senapati used in your cycles at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care and their degree of success.
I began birth control for a few weeks and then went on 10ml of lupron. On the second day of my period I had a baseline ultrasound to check my ovaries and lining. I started injections (5ml lupron in the morning and 375ml Gonal F in the evening). I had bloodwork and ultrasounds to check my hormone levels and follicle development 4 days later and my dose changed to 5ml Lupron, 300 Gonal F and 150 menopur for the rest of the days. I took my HCG trigger shot on day 11 and had my egg retrieval on day 13 (36 after my trigger shot.) I sent my embryos out for PGS testing and i'm waiting on the results. I don't know the strategies behind or rational because I just did what the nurse told me to do.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Madeline)
My nurse Madeline was excellent. She showed me and my husband how to take the shots during our consultation. Madeline called me every evening to tell me my levels, what dose of medicine to take and how my follicles were progressing. After my eggs were retrieved she called and gave me updates.
Describe your experience with University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care.
Make sure you check in when you get to the desk. I went there one time and the receptionist didn't check me in and they called my phone asking where I was. Ask questions about what is your next step. The wait time is under 15-20 minutes. The staff is very friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Suneeta Senapati at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care.
From June 2017 until now $62,567 in medical expenses not including prescription drugs. I still have to do the IVF transfer after the PGS results come in.
What specific things went wrong at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care?
Phila - Market
Doctor Senapati is very good at clearly and patiently explaining things, and takes a very matter-of-fact approach...The only reservation I had about her was that my husband and I chose to take a less conventional approach to IVF for religious reasons. We elected to inseminate only a small number of eggs to reduce the chances of excess embryos. We didn't feel like Dr. Senapati always fully understood how important this priority was to us, and we knew she didn't agree with our approach.
Doctor Senapati is very good at clearly and patiently explaining things, and takes a very matter-of-fact approach. I always felt very comfortable asking questions, and she never made me feel rushed when we were discussing my care. I always felt like I had a good grasp of the steps we were taking and the reasons behind them. The only reservation I had about her was that my husband and I chose to take a less conventional approach to IVF for religious reasons. We elected to inseminate only a small number of eggs to reduce the chances of excess embryos. We didn't feel like Dr. Senapati always fully understood how important this priority was to us, and we knew she didn't agree with our approach. In the end, we took a path we were comfortable with, but not before we experienced some (respectful) pushback. In summary: If you've got personal ethical concerns about fertility treatments/IVF, consider another doctor who might better understand where you're coming from. If what you want is an expert walking you through your care step by step, she's a great choice.
Don't hesitate to ask questions at any point! She's going to explain a TON of information to you, which can quickly get overwhelming and make decisions difficult. So ask about anything that's unclear, and request to go over something again if you didn't fully grasp it the first time. She'll never make you feel dumb for asking more questions.
Penn Fertility Care is a huge, efficient practice. Almost everyone I encountered was very warm and kind, but it did mean that almost every visit involved a different practitioner who wasn't familiar with me and my history. My doctor was always available to me by phone, and I knew she was always making the key decisions about my care, but I seldom saw her in person. The biggest downside is that occasionally someone would communicate inaccurate or inconsistent information to me, so I really had to be on top of my own care and advocate for myself, which could get tiring. Overall, I was comfortable with Penn Fertility Care because I trusted that they had the best resources and expertise available, but someone who would be bothered by the level of personal attention might want to consider a smaller practice.
Dr. Senapati understood that I wanted to avoid IVF if at all possible, so we exhausted every approach to IUI first. Unfortunately, my extremely sensitive ovaries made this difficult. After I overreacted to even the lowest dose of Clomid, we switched to Letrozole cycles. After I underreacted to even the highest dose of Letrozole, we switched to a hybrid Letrozole+Gonal F cycle. When that didn't work, we used exclusively Gonal F because the dosage can be calibrated so precisely. In the end, we did 14 hormone cycles, with 7 cancelled cycles and 7 IUIs. At that point she recommended we discontinue IUI, so we switched to IVF and I got pregnant after my first embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
Erin is great at explaining things and demonstrating medication protocols in a way I could understand. Overall, the nursing staff at Penn Fertility Care made me feel very comfortable and taken care of.
Describe Suneeta Senapati's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care.
Dr. Senapati's preferences for single embryo transfer aligned with my own, so we didn't have to discuss it much. From what we did discuss, I felt confident that it was the best choice for my health and for my pregnancy goals. I also felt that the choice was my own and I could have gone a different way if I'd wanted to.
Phila - Market
Dr. Senapati always took time to clearly and thoroughly explain everything. She answered all my questions and even suggested and answered questions I didn't even think to ask. I felt she cared about my experience and outcomes...Dr. Senapati is very dedicated, thorough, smart and clear. I always felt she was doing everything she could to ensure I made informed decisions, had good experiences, and felt supported by the practice. Her nursing team is also very supportive and helpful.
Trust the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care. (Assigned nurse: ERIN TREDINNICK)
I loved Erin and the nursing staff that supported me throughout my fertility processes. I spoke with Erin more than any doctor or anyone else at the clinic during my IVF cycle and she was absolutely wonderful.
Describe your experience with University of Pennsylvania Penn Fertility Care.
The clinic seemed genuinely concerned with ensuring I had a good experience. Wait times weren't always short but they weren't terrible, and were quite good if you went first thing in the morning. The desk staff who checked me in each time were particularly lovely.
The practice in general seemed very adverse to multiple babies, so they seemed happy I wanted to do genetic testing with just 1 normal embryo transfer.