Nurse available by email
ResidencyTemple University School of Medicine
FellowshipMagee Womens Hospital
300 Halket St., Suite 5150
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sunita Katari to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UPMC Magee to a friend?
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
She [Dr. Katari] was very knowledgeable about infertility and was willing to explain things in an easy to understand way. She was very upfront about options and potential outcomes and tried to make you feel confident about the decisions you were making....went above and beyond and helped me to complete grant applications and is always available to help via email....We had 3 IUI cycles. They all included a pregnancy blood test to confirm negative during period. These all were done using 5mg of letrozole cycle days 3-7.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Sunita Katari at UPMC Magee?
She was very knowledgeable about infertility and was willing to explain things in an easy to understand way. She was very upfront about options and potential outcomes and tried to make you feel confident about the decisions you were making.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sunita Katari at UPMC Magee?
Go in knowing that you will have a strong support system
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sunita Katari at UPMC Magee?
This clinic is very busy but anytime you had a call or a need they were very prompt and helping and always happy to explain things. All of the office staff are friendly and eager to help you. My doctor went above and beyond and helped me to complete grant applications and is always available to help via email.
Describe the protocols Sunita Katari used in your cycles at UPMC Magee and their degree of success.
We had 3 IUI cycles. They all included a pregnancy blood test to confirm negative during period. These all were done using 5mg of letrozole cycle days 3-7. I was instructed to use ovulation predictor kits at home. Then a vaginal US on cycle day 12 or 13 and based on follicle size I was instructed to give the Ovidrel trigger shot and within 24-48 ours they did the insemination with a urine pregnancy test 15 days post insemination.
The office has a 24/7 RN line and they always called back the same day to help answer questions.
Describe your experience with UPMC Magee.
I believe this clinic works very well. I feel confident in their approach to treatment. They are well organized and allow for a one stop shop so to speak which eases the burden of having to travel to multiple clinics or facilities for frequent testing. They become your family.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sunita Katari at UPMC Magee.
So far OOP for 2019 I have spent over $600. However, it might have been more if this MD was not considered in my preferred network
Magee

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sunita Katari at UPMC Magee.

2016 - 2019
3 IVF, Surrogacy
Dr. Katari went through IVF treatments herself so she was very compassionate and understanding what we were going through. She’s very easy to talk to and was very patient answering all of our questions....She was very helpful through the entire process and answered all of our questions. She showed compassion and helped guide us the best way she felt possible. She’s a very good doctor and I would recommend her to anyone I know that needs an RE.
2016 - 2019
3 IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Sunita Katari at UPMC Magee?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
The first cycle I did with Dr. Katari resulted in 21 eggs with 4 embryos created. The second cycle I used Menopur and Cetrotide injections over 11 days. They were able to retrieve 12 eggs and 6 of them fertilized.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UPMC Magee.
All of the staff has been extremely friendly, nice and supportive throughout our process. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. The answered all of the questions my husband and I had.
Describe your experience with UPMC Magee.
They were very helpful throughout the process and answered all of our questions. The staff was very friendly and well organized. It was easy to schedule appointments and get in touch with the staff. I would definitely recommend them.
Describe Sunita Katari's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UPMC Magee.
They want to do an SET this time

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
I like her [Dr. Sunita Katari] as a person and I really felt like she wanted me to be a mom and she will always answer emails but I felt like she’d be better with easier cases. I never felt like she thought about my treatment and never looked at my chart and records until she was in the room. I was never confident that’s I was getting the best treatment... I remember her saying she used the same protocol for every ivf.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
How was your experience with Sunita Katari at UPMC Magee?
I like her as a person and I really felt like she wanted me to be a mom and she will always answer emails but I felt like she’d be better with easier cases. I never felt like she thought about my treatment and never looked at my chart and records until she was in the room. I was never confident that’s I was getting the best treatment
Be an advocate for yourself. Research and know what treatment you want to do. She’ll let you do it but you have to suggest it
I didn’t feel like she wanted hard cases and only felt like she looked at my chart when she came in the room and didn’t really think treatments through
I remember her saying she used the same protocol for every ivf.
They always answer messages quickly but I never felt they cared or would advocate for me
Describe your experience with UPMC Magee.
They are Always open and answer messsages quickly. But they are not compassionate and I don’t feel like they are thorough and I don’t feel like they like hard cases. You really have to advocate for yourself.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sunita Katari at UPMC Magee.
I was lucky to have full coverage
What specific things went wrong at UPMC Magee?
Pittsburgh