Sunita Kulshrestha

3010 Crain Highway
Waldorf, MD 20601
301.705.9923

1 patient review filtered by:

Dr. K [Kulshrestha] is extremely kind and understanding, very professional and always explained everything in detail to us. However I do not feel as though she was fully available to us. We saw a lot of other doctors in our IVF process and dealt more with the nurses than anything. ... She said it was a typical protocol though, and one they start out with for a lot of patients on the first go around since my numbers were in the normal range.
Sometimes the staff [at Shady Grove Fertility] would talk and gossip about other patients right out in the open, so you always wonder what they could be saying about you after you leave the office. Otherwise I have had pretty good experiences with my nurse Katrina or whoever was taking my blood that day. Dana, the financial specialist is nice too, but she doesn’t always have the answers you’re looking for so you feel like you’re figuring things out alone.
How was your experience with Sunita Kulshrestha at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. K is extremely kind and understanding, very professional and always explained everything in detail to us. However I do not feel as though she was fully available to us. We saw a lot of other doctors in our IVF process and dealt more with the nurses than anything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sunita Kulshrestha at Shady Grove Fertility?
To just be prepared to not get a lot of face time with her and to prepare all of your questions and concerns ahead of time since you may not get every opportunity to ask or speak with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sunita Kulshrestha at Shady Grove Fertility?
The clinic sometimes felt like a factory, just rushing women in and out. I got more of that experience with my nurse, but you don’t get a lot of face time with the doctor.
Describe the protocols Sunita Kulshrestha used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
Our treatment was one year ago so I don’t remember what our protocol was or the dosages Dr. K prescribed for me. She said it was a typical protocol though, and one they start out with for a lot of patients on the first go around since my numbers were in the normal range.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Katrina)
We started out with one nurse named Jennifer. I didn’t feel much compassion from her, she treated us as a number rather than humans with feelings. We talked to Dr. K and she allowed us to change our nurse to Katrina who was very kind and sweet and always helpful & communicative.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
It’s a smaller clinic so you’re more likely to get an appointment when necessary and be in and out fairly quickly. Sometimes the staff can be a bit short with you or, again, treat it more like a factory than a sensitive issue like infertility should be treated. Sometimes the staff would talk and gossip about other patients right out in the open, so you always wonder what they could be saying about you after you leave the office. Otherwise I have had pretty good experiences with my nurse Katrina or whoever was taking my blood that day. Dana, the financial specialist is nice too, but she doesn’t always have the answers you’re looking for so you feel like you’re figuring things out alone.
This is a smaller clinic so it was pretty easy to walk in and out during monitoring hours and be seen in a timely fashion.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sunita Kulshrestha at Shady Grove Fertility.
Our health insurance covered majority of our first round of IVF, but it was typical of the treatment. Upwards of 10-12K for treatment and an additional 8K for medication I would say.
Describe Sunita Kulshrestha's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
I don’t know if it’s shady grove fertility or our doctor, but we were highly advised to do a single embryo transfer and it felt like we didn’t have much say to do anything different.
Sunita Kulshrestha