Available by cell phone
FellowshipStanford U.
1060 Marsh Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
650-646-7500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Sunny Jun to a friend?

9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM San Francisco to a friend?
22 Eggs Frozen
Dr Jun decreased my Gonal-F dose from 150U to 125U for most of the injection period, after reviewing my bloodwork consistently. She also provided the green light for triggering ovulation at the sweet spot between when I would have a lot of eggs to be retrieved and not being too prone to OHSS...remembered who I was and provided me with personalized care... Though I didn't see her much during appointments, she reviewed all of my bloodwork and ultrasounds results every day and recommended the right treatment for the next day. The highly personalized treatment resulted in a very successful egg retrieval (they were able to freeze 22 eggs in one cycle), and almost no side effects. During the times I saw her, Dr Jun made me feel very comfortable and I always felt like I was in good hands. She was also very transparent about answering any of my questions. I would highly recommend her.
22 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Sunny Jun at CCRM San Francisco?
Dr Jun is a very competent doctor. Though I didn't see her much during appointments, she reviewed all of my bloodwork and ultrasounds results every day and recommended the right treatment for the next day. The highly personalized treatment resulted in a very successful egg retrieval (they were able to freeze 22 eggs in one cycle), and almost no side effects. During the times I saw her, Dr Jun made me feel very comfortable and I always felt like I was in good hands. She was also very transparent about answering any of my questions. I would highly recommend her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sunny Jun at CCRM San Francisco?
Dr Jun remembered who I was and provided me with personalized care.
Describe the protocols Sunny Jun used in your cycles at CCRM San Francisco and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Sam)
Sam was an angel. I loved coordinating with her during the whole process. She always explained everything clearly, answered my additional questions, was very accessible over message and over the phone, and was a very friendly face that I looked forward to seeing.
Describe your experience with CCRM San Francisco.
CCRM San Francisco is a very nice clinic. Everything is clean, modern, and I generally didn't wait long for appointments. The staff are friendly. They were flexible whenever I was running behind from traffic (which was often).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sunny Jun at CCRM San Francisco.
I was fortunate to be mostly covered by my insurance, so I wasn't that familiar with the cost of this treatment.
Menlo Park

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sunny Jun at CCRM San Francisco.

My egg retrieval [with Dr. Jun] was almost 14 days long with a more slow and steady approach with frequent check -ins. My first transfer was cancelled as my lining became way too thick and Dr. Jun changed my protocol and switched to a natural cycle for my transfer...is incredibly compassionate and caring. She listens to your concerns and I believe whole heartedly she desires to help you achieve the outcome you have been dreaming for.
How was your experience with Sunny Jun at CCRM San Francisco?
Dr. Jun is an incredibly thorough and seasoned Doctor. She is compassionate, empathetic, and incredibly hard working. She takes each step of your process with extreme consideration and precision. Though there were times we felt like maybe she was being a little too cautious in our particular case, we trust her whole heartedly and chose her because of her skill and knowledge. We are forever grateful for Dr. Jun and all of her passion for her field and amazing skill. Everyone at CCRM is absolutely phenomenal and striving beside you for the same dream!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sunny Jun at CCRM San Francisco?
Trust her! She without a doubt has your best interest at heart.
Dr. Jun is incredibly compassionate and caring. She listens to your concerns and I believe whole heartedly she desires to help you achieve the outcome you have been dreaming for.
We have male factor infertility so my protocol was pretty straight forward. Even though I had previously had a successful pregnancy with a different clinic, they still wanted to do a thorough assessment and I had a HSG and hysteroscopy along with my retrieval and frozen transfer. My egg retrieval was almost 14 days long with a more slow and steady approach with frequent check -ins. My first transfer was cancelled as my lining became way too thick and Dr. Jun changed my protocol and switched to a natural cycle for my transfer. I am so thankful that CCRM offers natural cycles as this protocol worked and seemed to really do well with my body!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Michaela)
The nursing staff overall is incredibly caring and knowledgeable. Once you are in a stim cycle they communicate quickly and they always care deeply. When I was not in a cycle it was harder to feel heard or to get a response from the nurses. There were also moments where I did not feel like I was given enough information. For example, I had to rush home from work midday to do my first stim injection, and I had no idea that I was to be on bed rest for 2 days after my transfer. I feel like if there was a little more explanation and forethought I could have avoided these situations which added stress to the process. We also started with a different nurse that left CCRM. Once she left we were placed on a new nurses caseload, but we felt like we were invisible and were having to constantly contact the clinic to get things going and ask for next steps. As it was the beginning of the cycle I was nervous that this might not be the best place for us, so I talked to Dr. Jun about not feeling heard and she was very empathetic and listened well. I felt more prioritized after that conversation, but there were moments again that I wish there was more explanation and forethought. I do not think this experience is due to lack of skill or care, but just see that CCRM San Francisco has become so busy and everyone is doing the best that they can.
Describe your experience with CCRM San Francisco.
CCRM is a top notch, thorough, and skilled clinic. I do hope that they provide attainable working hours for their employees, and that they continue to sustainably grow their practice in San Francisco. They are helping so many people and doing so much good!
We were so thankful to have Progyny health coverage. However, even with this coverage there were some meds that were not covered and we still ended up paying around $3,000 out of pocket. Nothing to complain about!
Describe Sunny Jun's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM San Francisco.
Dr. Jun and CCRM has amazing transfer rates so she highly recommended a single embryo transfer and we agreed!

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr Jun was extremely thorough from the get go. ... Dr Jun’s approach was so refreshingly different, she did not rush me into anything she did a battery of comprehensive tests and unconvered things my previous doctor did not even suggest in the 3 years we saw him. ... Dr Jun is extremely patient and compassionate and surely knows what she’s doing. ... She diagnosed me with endometriosis and suggested we do PICSI to be better our chances and it worked for us!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Sunny Jun at CCRM San Francisco?
As I detailed in my previous description, Dr Jun is extremely patient and compassionate and surely knows what she’s doing. We are so thankful for her. She has been so thorough and her approach to our treatment has been such a refreshing change from our previous experience. She diagnosed me with endometriosis and suggested we do PICSI to be better our chances and it worked for us!
Listen to her advice and your Nurse practitioner! And don’t rush into anything take your time like Dr Jun says!
Dr Jun was extremely thorough from the get go. When I went to see Dr Jun I had almost given up hope after 5 years of TTC , 3 years of continuous treatment that included 3 retrievals 8 transfer and 3 pregnancy losses. I was close to giving up but went to see Dr Jun to get a second opinion before we threw in the towel. Dr Jun’s approach was so refreshingly different, she did not rush me into anything she did a battery of comprehensive tests and unconvered things my previous doctor did not even suggest in the 3 years we saw him. She was so understanding through the entire process and clearly felt like magic for us! We had the best response with our 1st retrieval with her (my 4th one) and she managed to get us 7 euploid embryos!!! And we are currently pregnant after our first frozen transfer with her!! We are extremely grateful for her and would recommend her to anyone who is looking to begin or continue their IVF journey.
Describe your experience with CCRM San Francisco.
CCRM is an established name and our accupuncturist recommended the clinic when they opened up a new branch in Nor Cal. The facility is top notch with a really great and hard working staff who are always avialble when you need them
Dr Jun explained the risks with multiples and given the grade of our euploid embryos was very particular about using a single embryo to transfer. We trusted her decision and it worked for us.

5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing, 4 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Jun has great bedside manner, but is very honest and upfront about what's happening at each visit. She remembers details of your fertility past, family plan, and protocol without always having to review her notes from prior visits. ... She did not waste any time putting together highly customized protocols from retrieval 1 to retrieval 2 that over doubled my yield. She also emphasized a more holistic approach to fertility including the vitamin cocktails and acupuncture.
East Asian, South Asian
5 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing, 4 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Sunny Jun at CCRM San Francisco?
Dr. Jun is without a doubt one of the best reproductive endocrinologists in the industry. The fact that she is recently associated with such a high caliber fertility clinic made me feel very reassured that I was in great care. She did not waste any time putting together highly customized protocols from retrieval 1 to retrieval 2 that over doubled my yield. She also emphasized a more holistic approach to fertility including the vitamin cocktails and acupuncture. Based on this, I had remarkable success with the # of eggs retrieved, # of embryos created, and # of genetically normal day 5 embryos. In the past, fertility doctors have been afraid to put me on specific medication which would support my egg quality due to high level theories. Dr. Jun was more aggressive in a positive way, and encouraged us to really put 100% effort into every single cycle. Not only does she have access to CCRM's amazing protocols, but she knows what to do with them, and adjusted my treatment plan with each cycle, which led to shockingly good results that the whole lab department was even surprised about. Another thing that she does very well is personally preparing her colleague, Dr. Tazuke, in case she cannot see you. While this only happened once or twice (they are a new facility so only have 2 doctors at the moment), Dr. Tazuke knew exactly how to assess and confirm her thoughts with Dr. Jun. It's also worth noting that for only having 2 doctors, I was able to see my doctor over 90% of the time. This is rare. I've been to bigger clinics with more doctors where I've had to see 3 doctors within one FET cycle. I highly recommend this doctor and this clinic. I'm saying with experience at other reputable clinics, and also as a highly research-oriented, analytical individual.
Dr. Jun is careful and methodical. Do not be afraid to ask as many detailed questions as you have. She encourages patients to follow their intuition as well, and when appropriate, will keep that in consideration. For ex. I had an intuition that I needed to perform a series of three retrievals despite my young age due to some test results. She worked closely with me to weigh the pros and cons, and ultimately supported my decision.
Dr. Jun has great bedside manner, but is very honest and upfront about what's happening at each visit. She remembers details of your fertility past, family plan, and protocol without always having to review her notes from prior visits. She has a very nurturing and loving approach to patient care, and makes you feel at ease.
My protocols included using some of the more complex plans CCRM has to offer. They were able to leverage unique medications like testosterone gel, which actually made a significant difference in my results. Dr. Jun also updated my trigger shot timing by 30 minutes, and this novel idea of hers led to mine, as well as other patients yielded several more eggs during retrievals. She performs highly customized treatment plans, and her ability to narrow in on details is what separates her from the majority of fertility doctors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM San Francisco.
My primary nurse was very organized, she was so much more organized than any other nurse I've worked with. I never had to remind her to order medicines, or schedule appointments. She always called on time, and has such a strong sense of urgency that I really felt that she cared for my well being and success. The nursing staff is general learn your name, always say hello, and go out of their way to make you comfortable and feel accommodated. Most importantly, they treat you like a human...always.
Describe your experience with CCRM San Francisco.
Strengths are the following: game-changing, industry leading protocols, lab (it's the best in the world), and equipment. Weaknesses: I cannot think of a single thing, except it's probably a little more expensive than other clinics. However, you will actually save money in the long run because they are so much more effective.
Probably around 60K for three retrievals and 1 transfer (successful). However this is part of their embryo banking program. Individual costs will vary a little.
Due to CCRM San Francisco's extremely high success rates (I believe they were 90%+ for their first year - this data point is not confirmed), they promote eSET for the majority of their patients, unless there is a medical condition or reason not to. They are confident in their methods and results, and put patients at ease about only transferring 1 embryo if possible. They also have very honest conversations with patients about the gestational risk associated to twin pregnancies. They are not afraid to tell you the truth, before it's too late.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
[Dr. Jun was] very clear in laying out the entire process, including education and what to expect every step of the way. If we had ideas, they would always consider it and research it and get back to us with their thoughts... Working with her felt like having a very dear friend manage your care. She operated with the empathy and tenderness needed and was able to deliver bad news in a really honest and considerate way.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Sunny Jun at CCRM San Francisco?
Dr Jun was simply amazing. Working with her felt like having a very dear friend manage your care. She operated with the empathy and tenderness needed and was able to deliver bad news in a really honest and considerate way.
Use her kindness and accessory her knowledge. If you see something during your google searches, she will take the time to answer all those questions.
Just the best! Infertility is such an emotional and sensitive topic that most of the people around you can never really empathize or understand. Women end up going to anonymous online support groups for their community and to find a team that truly understands our plight can be really difficult. We were referred to and spoke with many of the popular and reputable IVF clinics in the Bay Area and didn’t get that empathetic feel we desired. Some felt like a factory where you would rarely see the doctor. Some felt like like a very high pressure sales tactics. Knowing how expensive this will be, getting the right doctor and team was really important. Low and behold, our ob mentioned that ccrm was opening a new office led by Dr. Sunny Jun and Dr. Tazuke. CCRM already has a great reputation in the Ivf world so we were optimistic but cautiously optimistic bc infertility is such a struggle. And then we met Dr. Jun and Dr. Tazuke. You will never meet a nicer and more empathetic team. They are truly rooting for you and are very honest about everything but deliver great news and bad news in such an empathetic way that it really encourages you to keep on. We worked with Dr. Jun and Lisa who are grand slams! They were very clear in laying out the entire process, including education and what to expect every step of the way. If we had ideas, they would always consider it and research it and get back to us with their thoughts. What doctor do you know would listen to their patients about new info and consider it so thoughtfully. Not many. They took our calls when we celebrated, they were our shoulders to cry on( believe me there will be some tears), they are amazing in their support system. We received more than empathy, we received a loving community led by this amazing team and it was just absolutely everything we could have hoped for.
Not sure of the details Round 1: CCRM level 1 protocol Round 2: CCRM level 5 protocol
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
The best. Bedside manner is really important and they have become our family. They are simple the most caring team you will ever find
Describe your experience with CCRM San Francisco.
Beautiful brand new clinic, amazing nursing team, top of the line lab that is yielded amazing results thus far! Lab team is phenomenal. Results matter and they beat everyone else with their protocols. Amazing bedside manner. Dr Jun is a super sharp smart considerate empathetic doctor who really cares for her patients. No complaints.
It was a general fee for each Ivf round -15K approximately Ccrm has other plans for multiple rounds but we elected to go round by round.
prefer single embryo transfer and I agreed completely

3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Jun. She was the only doctor I saw that required a mammogram before starting IVF and because she did I was lucky to find pre-cancerous cells that were removed just in time. My Oncologist told me that she saved my life so I am forever grateful to her. I will be starting my cycle in January and I wish I had gone to her sooner.
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Sunny Jun at CCRM San Francisco?
I think it's worth the drive to Menlo Park to go to Dr. Jun's practice.
Dr. Jun is by far the best RE I have met. I immediately felt comfortable with her and I feel she is highly capable. I'm excited to be working with her and her team.
Lisa is very organized and I felt like I was in great hands.
Describe your experience with CCRM San Francisco.
Strengths- the top lab in the country if not world, top doctors and support team that is excellent. Weakness- does not take insurance (so far). If I had insurance that covered IVF, this would have been a deal breaker. I went through IVF with insurance coverage years ago and it just makes a terrible, stressful experience so much less so. I always appreciated that doctor's office for taking insurance and also making sure they maximized my benefits. Not many doctors do that in Nor Cal so it was worth it for me to fly down to L.A. to see this doctor that took my insurance. It would really set CCRMM apart if they took insurance. Not to mention, I believe it's the morally right thing to do. Infertility is a life-changing, terrible thing to experience.
Definitely higher than the other clinics in the area. With meds maybe $20K per cycle.
Dr. Jun and I agreed to transfer one at a time in my case.
Menlo Park

Dr. Jun is a wonderful physician. She takes time to answer questions, deliver results, and is invested in your process and outcome. She is very knowledgeable and discusses all options realistically. ... Dr. Jun uses the protocols generally prescribed by the main CCRM, although she tailors it to you as an individual. ... Dr. Jun and every member of the staff [CCRM San Francisco] were always friendly and helpful and invested in the best possible outcome.
European, East Asian
How was your experience with Sunny Jun at CCRM San Francisco?
I would think about all of your expectations and questions beforehand and she discusses them thoroughly.
Dr. Jun and every member of the staff were always friendly and helpful and invested in the best possible outcome.
Describe your experience with CCRM San Francisco.
Very supportive clinic, warm and welcoming. They recently got a new phlebotomist, who is amazing. I unfortunately can't remember her name, but it makes a big difference with so many blood draws. The IVF coordinators are lovely and responsive to messages.
Menlo Park
I thought that she [Dr. Sunny Jun] was a good doctor. Unfortunately, she is leaving for another clinic. IF I could follow her, I would! I had lower expectations going in this time, and it was not successful. She was a fast and good communicator via email...She had a warm manner, friendly
How was your experience with Sunny Jun at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
I thought that she was a good doctor. Unfortunately, she is leaving for another clinic. IF I could follow her, I would! I had lower expectations going in this time, and it was not successful. She was a fast and good communicator via email.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sunny Jun at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sunny Jun at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
She had a warm manner, friendly
Describe the protocols Sunny Jun used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
Use of progesterone (but not enough for me), use of Clomid vs. letrozole
I didn't like how the scheduling worked - it was really disorganized.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Hard to schedule appointments, hard to communicate, and they didn' tknow what stage of the cycle I was in, nor did they seem knowledgeable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sunny Jun at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
~$1000/iui cycle $350/ultrasound (2 required)
Describe Sunny Jun's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
What specific things went wrong at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Palo Alto Medical Foundation