FertilityAnswers

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolEmory
ResidencyU. of New Mexico
FellowshipU. of Vermont C.
500 Rue de la Vie
Baton Rouge, LA 70817
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Susan Conway to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend FertilityAnswers to a friend?
Very easy to talk to, you can tell she [Dr. Conway] loves what she does. As a patient I feel like she's doing what is best for my partner and I. Explained everything very well and made sure we knew what we are getting into.... For IUI I used metronome, 2.5mg ×2 For 5 nights and 200mg progesterone suppositories after all IUI's. I had a trigger shot of pregnyl and had 1ml. 24-36 hours before IUI was done. I responded well to medicine and my follicles were a great size, but all IUI's were unsuccessfull.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Very easy to talk to, you can tell she loves what she does. As a patient I feel like she's doing what is best for my partner and I. Explained everything very well and made sure we knew what we are getting into.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Ask any questions don't be afraid your asking a silly question, they have heard it almost all before.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Being forced into such a small window to retrieve and to transfer works off of what's easiest for the hospital/clinic. Not what works best for the patient in my opinion. Other smaller clinics don't do it this way from my understanding.
Describe the protocols Susan Conway used in your cycles at FertilityAnswers and their degree of success.
Nurses were nice. I can't say I have any complaints. They've explained everything thus far and always call back the same day if I have a request or question.
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
Strengths would probably be the nurses, ultrasound team is awesome and knowledge of doctors. Weaknesses, I feel are that the doctor isn't always there if it's not there day at the clinic even thought they try. They can't be in Baton Rogue and Lafayette at the same time. Also only doing transfers and retrevials certain times during a one month period. Not sure that it's like this at other clinics, but when getting in this process I wish it wasn't pushed back 2 months at a time if something happens. People going through infertility I feel have waited a long time through saving and patience and I feel time of is the essence but what the clinic offers isn't week to week unfortunately.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers.
Prescreening lab(f) 500 Prescreening labs (m) 300 Semen analysis 150 Follicular studies and hormone studies 2,500 Stim start w/pgs 9,650 Medication 2,700 Legal counseling 400 Anesthesia 525
Describe Susan Conway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at FertilityAnswers.
Dr. Conway is pro single embryo fransfer. Even more so if they are PGS tested.
Baton Rouge
Dr. Conway is exceptional. She’s knowledgeable, and takes time to explain your individual situation, and set expectations for the outcome based on what is known at the time.... Once we received the call explaining that only 2 of the 4 fertilized, I immediately requested that Dr. Conway call me to discuss switching from a frozen transfer with PGS testing tk a fresh transfer with no PGS testing. Dr. Conway called me back within an hour
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Dr. Conway is exceptional. She’s knowledgeable, and takes time to explain your individual situation, and set expectations for the outcome based on what is known at the time. Dr. Conway had higher expectations set for me based on mine and my husband’s Unknown diagnosis. I had a great response to the medications prescribed, and a great number of Follicles. When it came time for egg retrieval however, only 8 of my follicles were the right size, and only 4 of them resulted in mature eggs, so now we believe our Unexplained infertility is due to Immature Eggs. Once we received the call explaining that only 2 of the 4 fertilized, I immediately requested that Dr. Conway call me to discuss switching from a frozen transfer with PGS testing tk a fresh transfer with no PGS testing. Dr. Conway called me back within an hour, and we discussed everything, and she agreed that in this scenario, it would be much better to do the fresh transfer without the testing. She left me feeling very confident that even though my numbers weren’t what we were expecting, we could still have a successful pregnancy. We are currently in the two-week-wait from that transfer. Dr. Conway has helped me feel less stressed by providing me as much information as I could possibly want, when I want it.
Dr. Conway is encouraging, and also realistic. She does not give false hope. I would say her bedside manner is “just warm enough”. I tend to value knowledge and information over a warm bedside manner though, and I would say Dr. Conway is a great fit for that.
I was treated like a human. Each time I needed additional info or more time with nurses, I was given exactly what I needed. They were always available to answer any questions I had.
My protocol included birth control for 3 weeks, then injections as follows: Menopur 75 IU and Follistim 150 IU for 9 days, with the last three days including ganirelix 75IU. My dosage never changes because I was responding very consistently. Dr. Conway ALWAYS values quality over quantity. The goal was to get as many eggs as possible, and my follicles grew exactly as she needed them to (prior to egg retrieval). At egg retrieval, a different doctor performed the retrieval, and only retrieved 8 eggs, and only 4 were mature, and only 2 fertilized, and only 1 survived to day 5 and was transferred. Once we decided to switch from a frozen transfer to a fresh transfer, I began taking Estrace twice daily, progesterone injections once daily, baby aspirin once daily, and a prenatal vitamin (which I had already been on for several months) once daily.
Nursing staff was always helpful. The only time I had an issue was when I was provided the wrong fee schedule, and no one realized it until after my loan had been processed. Fortunately, my loan company was very easy to work with, and I was able to change my loan to accommodate my updated fee schedule. Otherwise, the nursing staff was absolutely amazing.
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
Strengths: communication, time spent with patients, available for questions, portal is convenient for records & communication as well, although most of the communication is through the nurses & IVF coordinator, Dr. Conway was always available when I did need to speak with her. Weaknesses: none really to note
There was a $250 consultation fee, but all other costs were provided to me on a fee schedule. Those costs included any pre-screening that needed to be done for me and for my husband.
My husband and I wanted to transfer two embryos initially. Dr. Conway believes in transferring ONE embryo, almost always. She is a strong advocate for the baby, and wants the healthiest outcome possible for the baby, so once she explained this to us, we agreed that if we had multiple embryos to choose from, we should just transfer one.
What specific things went wrong at FertilityAnswers?
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Conway was friendly and personable. Some things were not explained clearly. I did not see her as much as I thought I would have. Most of my visits were with the nurses. Even when trying to figure out next steps, I wouldn't have minded talking with a Dr about why the IUIs failed...We were recommended to start with an IUI, because my partially blocked fallopian tube wasn't a major issue, and my husband's sperm was fine...We were not told the sperm count, just that it was adequate. The IUI failed.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Ask questions and be proactive.
The doctor and nurses were very informative and helpful with any questions I had.
We were recommended to start with an IUI, because my partially blocked fallopian tube wasn't a major issue, and my husband's sperm was fine. I went in on cycle day 3 for an ultrasound to make sure there were follicles and no cysts. Days 3-7, I was to take 5 mg of Letrazole to make a couple of large follicles. We stopped having Intercourse a couple if days before our next ultrasound (cycle day 10) and bloodwork. This ultrasound and bloodwork was to check for the size of follicles (19 and 21) and lining (9.5), as well as to make sure I haven't already ovulated. The nurses called that night to tell when to give my self a trigger shot (that night). We were to come back in 2 days to get our IUI. We were not told the sperm count, just that it was adequate. The IUI failed.
They were friendly and helpful. However, I was unsure about some of the information gathered from the bloodwork. I had to ask them what some of the results meant, because they did not tell me. Also. The process was a little fast.
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
Strengths -everyone was very friendly and helpful Weakness -they need to discuss results with the patients and I would like to have seen the dr more
IUI was 1300 Medicine (pills) 131
None
Baton Rouge
Dr. Conway never remembered who we were and we did 4 IUI’s with her. On the final IUI she actually walked into the room and said “hey guys! So is this your first IUI?” When we told he no, she looked at her notes and said “oh yea, you’re the ones who keep trying these.”...I only saw Dr. Conway for our initial consult, HSG and IUI’s. For one of our IUI’s there was a tropical storm in the gulf and she triggered me one night and did the IUI about 12 hours later. I was so upset knowing that she did this to avoid having to deal with the fact that there may be a tropical storm within the 36 hour window. I never felt like she timed our IUI’s right.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Ask lots of questions and do your own research!
Dr. Conway never remembered who we were and we did 4 IUI’s with her. On the final IUI she actually walked into the room and said “hey guys! So is this your first IUI?” When we told he no, she looked at her notes and said “oh yea, you’re the ones who keep trying these.” It was super awkward and rude.
For an IUI cycle I would go in for a baseline scan on day 2-3 of my cycle. If everything looked good I would then take Letrozole from day 3-7. I would go in for an ultrasound and bloodwork around day 10-11 to check follicle size and then I would wait to hear from the nurse for instructions on when to administer the trigger shot. After the trigger shot, our IUI would be anywhere from 12-36 hours after. It was never consistent.
I spoke to a different nurse every time. Nothing was consistent and I never felt like anyone knew who I was. I was just a number.
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
The clinic was convenient because it was 5 minutes from my house. Bloodwork and ultrasounds were done quickly. But I always felt rushed to get out of there. The financial department refused to submit things to my insurance company until I insisted. Turns out the one I insisted that they submit was covered. Know your insurance benifits before going in.
1,300 for IUI with Letrozole $200 for medication
What specific things went wrong at FertilityAnswers?
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
She's [Dr. Susan Conway] a brilliant physician. I do wish she had called me personally with results from my betas as I had questions and wasn't comfortable asking the coordinator. She is very punctual and professional with appointments and prpcedures. And I am so thankful she was there at each transfer to give me a little pep talk and check on me beforehand...
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
She's a brilliant physician. I do wish she had called me personally with results from my betas as I had questions and wasn't comfortable asking the coordinator. She is very punctual and professional with appointments and prpcedures. And I am so thankful she was there at each transfer to give me a little pep talk and check on me beforehand
Write down questions before all appointments. It's an emotional process and you're likely to forget them in the moment
She is actively interested in the care and physical and emotional well being of her patients. She is thorough and takes time to explain protocol and answer questions
Stim cycle involved 225 follistim, menopur, ganerilex, trigger shot FET 14 day Lupron, estrace, PIO, low dose aspirin
Describe your experience with your nurse at FertilityAnswers. (Assigned nurse: Suzanne Thibodeaux )
She often assumes I understand my protocol and how the entire process goes. But I had so many questions regarding day of transfer specifics that I was uneasy asking
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
They would greatly benefit from another ultrasound tech and phlebotomist to make frequent monitoring appointments more efficient
Our stim cycle and fresh transfer were quoted around 13,000 without meds. FET was around 2800 plus meds
My first transfer it was highly recommended to transfer one. When we were unsuccessful we transferred two the next transfer. Our final transfer we transferred our last one.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr Conway is very direct and blunt. She won't lead you on a course she feels won't be successful. I was confident that we were getting the right treatment for us. Dr Conway found a blocked tube on my hsg which guided our treatment as we had to wait for right ovulation before doing our iui....She was very matter of fact about our treatment and diagnosis. No fluff but took the time to make sure these were the steps we wanted to take....
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Listen to everything she says. It may be different than what you think your treatment should be. She really does only recommend things she believes will result in a positive test.
She was very matter of fact about our treatment and diagnosis. No fluff but took the time to make sure these were the steps we wanted to take. And when we got our positive they were as happy as we were!
We used letrozole taken for 5 days (started on cycle day 3), an hcg trigger shot, and iui
The front desk/nurse doesn't always answer calls promptly but they are genuineand compassionate and detailed
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
They can be difficult to get a hold of at times but they always return phone calls within a day if not same day. The clinic is very clean and comforting. Everyone is respectful and compassionate. They are pretty available and I didn't have to wait long for treatment to begin.
2000
Baton Rouge
She [Dr. Conway] was very compassionate to our situation. you can tell she actually cares about her patients...Dr. Conway was very thorough. I felt very comfortable talking with her and felt that she explained the procedures and risks and treatment plan. she listened to our concerns and what treatment plan we wanted to go with...With both of my IUI cycles she had me on Letrozole. Baseline ultrasounds the day my cycle started. Another ultrasound around day 11 and then usually triggered ovulation with an HCG injection around day 13-15
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Dont be afraid to ask questions
She was very compassionate to our situation. you can tell she actually cares about her patients
most of the nurses we fantastic. the Ultrasound tech, Jessica is absolutely wonderful!
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
the clinic is very organized. the staff is very friendly and accomodating
each iui was roughly $1200 plus the cost of medication. we had a $60 consultation fee and minimal lab fees
PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Conway] was very patient, took as much time as I needed and stayed with me to answer every question I had. She also told stories to lighten the room...She is very blunt and to the point. She uses examples that seemed like real people scenarios to explain what I was going through. I could tell she related to her patients and adapts to the conversation as you feel more comfortable.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
She can tell when you are nervous and that is ok. It seems to help her to know how to handle your situation
She was very patient, took as much time as I needed and stayed with me to answer every question I had. She also told stories to lighten the room.
Very polite and upbeat
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
Very warm and welcoming. It felt like I was sitting in a living room relaxing instead of a waiting room. Weakness- the “guy” room was very visible so if you were waiting in the back you knew exactly what was going on.
She gave me options. Told me the cost of different procedures and explained to me what could be done to best suit our financial ability and options going forward
Lafayette
Dr. Conway was very thorough and understanding at our initial consult and recommended the best course of action for us...She recommended ivf due to the amount of time we’ve been trying to conceive. We started the process in August of 2017 and did lab work and other test...We are to pick up where we left off when we feel is best...explains each process well.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Dr. Conway was very thorough and understanding in our treatment plan and course of action. She recommended ivf due to the amount of time we’ve been trying to conceive. We started the process in August of 2017 and did lab work and other test. We are to pick up where we left off when we feel is best.
She’s very thorough and understanding and explains each process well.
Very polite
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
The clinic is very welcoming when you walk in, it feels as if your in a regular doctors office. The front desk personnel are very welcoming.i would recommended this office to my friends and family. I trust Dr Conway with the entire process.
None, Unexplained
She was very kind and friendly. Very personable. My husband and I were not very interested in In vitro, but it seemed like she was pushing it. We would’ve liked to find out the cause of our infertility....I would’ve liked to try to figure out the cause of my infertility. It was never discussed....The baby pictures of past clients [at Fertility Answers] were very sweet and the board for clients to write on was a beautiful idea....Expect treatment that is more like a bandaid than getting to the root of the problem.
None, Unexplained
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
Nice, new, clean facility. The baby pictures of past clients were very sweet and the board for clients to write on was a beautiful idea. It’s a little hard to navigate the hallways and find your way from room to room.
1500 per IUI