5.5

Susan Conway works at

500 Rue de la Vie
Baton Rouge, LA 70817

2017 - 2019, Successful
We began researching local clinics that were not just LGBTQ tolerant, but that were welcoming. We wanted to work with people who wanted to help us start a family. We found that at Fertility Answers. After our first consultation we knew we were in the right hands.... A medicated IUI cycle with injectables is $1,800. The medications are separate and cost us a little over $400. We purchased our sperm from Seattle Sperm bank and with shipping it cost us $860 per vial.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Conway was super honest and direct with us, which we appreciated. She did our consultation and my HSG. I also had a great experiences with her co-workers Dr. Chappel and Dr. Storment. Dr. Storment is the one that performed the IUI that got me pregnant. Dr. Chappel spent time reviewing my medications and answering my nervous patient questions. Dr. Chappel also gives talks monthly at the hospital about fertility issues. They really are a team.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Do not hesitate to become a patient. She is very forthright and will be honest with you. She will clearly tell you what to expect and answer any questions you have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
We began researching local clinics that were not just LGBTQ tolerant, but that were welcoming. We wanted to work with people who wanted to help us start a family. We found that at Fertility Answers. After our first consultation we knew we were in the right hands. Everyone at the clinic was so encouraging and excited for us when I got pregnant. They were especially sensitive and caring when I had a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Ivy)
Everyone at the clinic is amazing. Ivy and Michelle were a wealth of information and never made us feel like a bother when we had questions of the internet freaked us out. I cannot say enough good things about them and the rest of the staff.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
This clinic has teamwork down to a science. I met every doctor and nurse there at some point during my treatment and every single one of them was up to speed on my care. From the moment you walk in to the time you walk out you feel cared for and important. No question is silly to them and no one is rushing you out the door.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Conway at Fertility Answers.
Baton Rouge
She [Dr. Susan Conway] was available to meet with me throughout my treatment cycles, and she was very responsive with questions...I felt she was very knowledgeable and explained things in a manner I could understand. She is a good communicator...One weakness, however, is that I feel like she could have been more aggressive with my treatment, and more understanding about my financial concerns...I was prescribed metformin to help regulate my pcos throughout my treatment cycles.
A treatment cycle with oral medication [at Fertility Answers] is $850. A treatment cycle with oral medication and IUI is $1300. A treatment cycle with injectable medication and IUI is $2000. All medication costs are separate...Their strength is their communication, bedside manner and compassion for their patients. I felt that the doctors were very qualified and were treating me to the best of their ability. One weakness is that they only provide one financial lending option, and I feel like other clinics have better hours.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
I felt she was very knowledgeable and explained things in a manner I could understand. She is a good communicator and is very responsive to any questions or concerns I had. One weakness, however, is that I feel like she could have been more aggressive with my treatment, and more understanding about my financial concerns
Be willing to work with her through the process
She was available to meet with me throughout my treatment cycles, and she was very responsive with questions.
Describe the protocols Susan Conway used in your cycles at Fertility Answers and their degree of success.
I used femara and follistim to stimulate my ovaries before having iuis performed. I was prescribed metformin to help regulate my pcos throughout my treatment cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers.
All of the nurses were very compassionate and have a great bedside manner
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
A treatment cycle with oral medication is $850. A treatment cycle with oral medication and IUI is $1300. A treatment cycle with injectable medication and IUI is $2000. All medication costs are separate.
Describe Susan Conway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Answers.
I have not done IVF, so I am unaware of my doctor's approach
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Answers?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
In the beginning of my treatment my doctor was dismissive of my previous treatment cycles with other physicians and my own personal knowledge of how I respond to certain medication, etc. This caused me to have a canceled cycle due to poor response. Once the issue was rectified, i had a better response to the medication.
Lafayette

Very easy to talk to, you can tell she [Dr. Conway] loves what she does. As a patient I feel like she's doing what is best for my partner and I. Explained everything very well and made sure we knew what we are getting into.... For IUI I used metronome, 2.5mg ×2 For 5 nights and 200mg progesterone suppositories after all IUI's. I had a trigger shot of pregnyl and had 1ml. 24-36 hours before IUI was done. I responded well to medicine and my follicles were a great size, but all IUI's were unsuccessfull.
Strengths would probably be the nurses, ultrasound team is awesome and knowledge of doctors. Weaknesses, I feel are that the doctor isn't always there [Fertility Answers] if it's not there day at the clinic even thought they try. They can't be in Baton Rogue and Lafayette at the same time. Also only doing transfers and retrevials certain times during a one month period.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Very easy to talk to, you can tell she loves what she does. As a patient I feel like she's doing what is best for my partner and I. Explained everything very well and made sure we knew what we are getting into.
Ask any questions don't be afraid your asking a silly question, they have heard it almost all before.
Being forced into such a small window to retrieve and to transfer works off of what's easiest for the hospital/clinic. Not what works best for the patient in my opinion. Other smaller clinics don't do it this way from my understanding.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
Nurses were nice. I can't say I have any complaints. They've explained everything thus far and always call back the same day if I have a request or question.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Strengths would probably be the nurses, ultrasound team is awesome and knowledge of doctors. Weaknesses, I feel are that the doctor isn't always there if it's not there day at the clinic even thought they try. They can't be in Baton Rogue and Lafayette at the same time. Also only doing transfers and retrevials certain times during a one month period. Not sure that it's like this at other clinics, but when getting in this process I wish it wasn't pushed back 2 months at a time if something happens. People going through infertility I feel have waited a long time through saving and patience and I feel time of is the essence but what the clinic offers isn't week to week unfortunately.
Prescreening lab(f) 500 Prescreening labs (m) 300 Semen analysis 150 Follicular studies and hormone studies 2,500 Stim start w/pgs 9,650 Medication 2,700 Legal counseling 400 Anesthesia 525
Dr. Conway is pro single embryo fransfer. Even more so if they are PGS tested.
Baton Rouge
She [Dr. Conway] was very straight forward and blunt about the facts of infertility, which I appreciated... I was looking for answers and a sense of understanding, which I didn't get from the previous doctor. Upon our first meeting, I could tell she was a straight shooter so to speak. She presented the facts and laid out my options. I agreed on the path forward and things moved quickly. During the IUI, there was an issue with the catheter
Staff [at Fertility Answers] is very professional, but on the day of the IUI I kinda felt like a number. I understand there is a time sensitivity to the procedure and it was awkward, but felt a little bit robotic...When your name was called the nurse or staff member was ready to do their job. All were polite and ready to help. I have no weaknesses to mention...$1200 IUI procedure including ultrasounds and bloodwork.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
I had received the diagnosis of unexplained infertility by another doctor and went to Dr Conway for a consult. I was looking for answers and a sense of understanding, which I didn't get from the previous doctor. Upon our first meeting, I could tell she was a straight shooter so to speak. She presented the facts and laid out my options. I agreed on the path forward and things moved quickly. During the IUI, there was an issue with the catheter so she smartly remembered I got an HSG done so she asked the nurse to pull it up to help her navigate the catheter. She kept asking me how I was doing and explaining her steps. I like to understand what's going on (not everyone likes that).
She will throw a lot of information at you, but don't be intimated. She it's very down to earth.
She was very straight forward and blunt about the facts of infertility, which I appreciated. All the staff were very polite and helpful.
With Dr Conway, she suggested an IUI with estrogen and an injection trigger shot and progestrone.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Wish it was closer to where I live. I have to drive little over an hour to the clinic. Staff is very professional, but on the day of the IUI I kinda felt like a number. I understand there is a time sensitivity to the procedure and it was awkward, but felt a little bit robotic.
$1200 IUI procedure including ultrasounds and bloodwork.
Lafayette
I believe Dr Conway truly wants to help and get the treatment correct and help couples have the family they want so badly. Bedside manner is something to be desired but with that being said I went there to get pregnant so if she’s dry and gets me pregnant than it’s good with me....I really spent more time with the nursing staff than the doctors....Microcode protocol, long protocol (resulted in OHSS) and a microcode protocol. All protocols used because of my age.
Appointments are fairly easy to get and they [FertilityAnswers] get you in and out as quickly as possible. The support staff is great as well. Billing is always there if there are questions and they don’t mind going back to your insurance to fight for you....The nurses were always there to answer questions and show how to use the meds. The more senior nurses are very knowledgeable and another of them is a bit scatterbrained but tries real hard.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Everything she’s saying is true but don’t forget there is more to it than what is going on or being said. Have faith and hope and don’t give up. It’s science and a whole lot of faith.
I really spent more time with the nursing staff than the doctors.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Appointments are fairly easy to get and they get you in and out as quickly as possible. The support staff is great as well. Billing is always there if there are questions and they don’t mind going back to your insurance to fight for you.
procedures and medication.
2015, Successful
I had a wonderful experience with Susan Conway. She performed a dye-test on me and determined that I had one Fallopian tube closed at the very end. She also recommended ivf instead of clomid. I felt cared for... was very gentle and went through everything with me. She showed me what happens in order to get pregnant, and what she could do for me if I chose to proceed with ivf. I cried the entire time and she kept reassuring me that everything would be ok. She understood me and cared for me and my concerns.
[Fertility Answers is] very welcoming and warm. They make you feel like you’re at home. It was a great experience to me. As a whole, I believe the clinic was very clean and organized. It was also a very professional environment to be in...I had a wonderful experience with Susan Conway. She performed a dye-test on me and determined that I had one Fallopian tube closed at the very end. She also recommended ivf instead of clomid...
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Let her know everything and all your concerns.
My doctor was very gentle and went through everything with me. She showed me what happens in order to get pregnant, and what she could do for me if I chose to proceed with ivf. I cried the entire time and she kept reassuring me that everything would be ok. She understood me and cared for me and my concerns.
I only received a dye-test
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
It’s very welcoming and warm. They make you feel like you’re at home. It was a great experience to me. As a whole, I believe the clinic was very clean and organized. It was also a very professional environment to be in.
My insurance pair for my test to be done. I only had to pay $40 ( co-pay). The other visits were not covered by my insurance and the price ranged from $125-$275