5.5

Susan Conway works at

500 Rue de la Vie
Baton Rouge, LA 70817

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Conway is exceptional. She’s knowledgeable, and takes time to explain your individual situation, and set expectations for the outcome based on what is known at the time.... Once we received the call explaining that only 2 of the 4 fertilized, I immediately requested that Dr. Conway call me to discuss switching from a frozen transfer with PGS testing tk a fresh transfer with no PGS testing. Dr. Conway called me back within an hour
Nursing staff [Fertility Answers] was always helpful. The only time I had an issue was when I was provided the wrong fee schedule, and no one realized it until after my loan had been processed.... Strengths: communication, time spent with patients, available for questions, portal is convenient for records & communication as well, although most of the communication is through the nurses & IVF coordinator, Dr. Conway was always available when I did need to speak with her.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Conway is exceptional. She’s knowledgeable, and takes time to explain your individual situation, and set expectations for the outcome based on what is known at the time. Dr. Conway had higher expectations set for me based on mine and my husband’s Unknown diagnosis. I had a great response to the medications prescribed, and a great number of Follicles. When it came time for egg retrieval however, only 8 of my follicles were the right size, and only 4 of them resulted in mature eggs, so now we believe our Unexplained infertility is due to Immature Eggs. Once we received the call explaining that only 2 of the 4 fertilized, I immediately requested that Dr. Conway call me to discuss switching from a frozen transfer with PGS testing tk a fresh transfer with no PGS testing. Dr. Conway called me back within an hour, and we discussed everything, and she agreed that in this scenario, it would be much better to do the fresh transfer without the testing. She left me feeling very confident that even though my numbers weren’t what we were expecting, we could still have a successful pregnancy. We are currently in the two-week-wait from that transfer. Dr. Conway has helped me feel less stressed by providing me as much information as I could possibly want, when I want it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Conway is encouraging, and also realistic. She does not give false hope. I would say her bedside manner is “just warm enough”. I tend to value knowledge and information over a warm bedside manner though, and I would say Dr. Conway is a great fit for that.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
I was treated like a human. Each time I needed additional info or more time with nurses, I was given exactly what I needed. They were always available to answer any questions I had.
Describe the protocols Susan Conway used in your cycles at Fertility Answers and their degree of success.
My protocol included birth control for 3 weeks, then injections as follows: Menopur 75 IU and Follistim 150 IU for 9 days, with the last three days including ganirelix 75IU. My dosage never changes because I was responding very consistently. Dr. Conway ALWAYS values quality over quantity. The goal was to get as many eggs as possible, and my follicles grew exactly as she needed them to (prior to egg retrieval). At egg retrieval, a different doctor performed the retrieval, and only retrieved 8 eggs, and only 4 were mature, and only 2 fertilized, and only 1 survived to day 5 and was transferred. Once we decided to switch from a frozen transfer to a fresh transfer, I began taking Estrace twice daily, progesterone injections once daily, baby aspirin once daily, and a prenatal vitamin (which I had already been on for several months) once daily.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
Nursing staff was always helpful. The only time I had an issue was when I was provided the wrong fee schedule, and no one realized it until after my loan had been processed. Fortunately, my loan company was very easy to work with, and I was able to change my loan to accommodate my updated fee schedule. Otherwise, the nursing staff was absolutely amazing.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Strengths: communication, time spent with patients, available for questions, portal is convenient for records & communication as well, although most of the communication is through the nurses & IVF coordinator, Dr. Conway was always available when I did need to speak with her. Weaknesses: none really to note
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Conway at Fertility Answers.
There was a $250 consultation fee, but all other costs were provided to me on a fee schedule. Those costs included any pre-screening that needed to be done for me and for my husband.
Describe Susan Conway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Answers.
My husband and I wanted to transfer two embryos initially. Dr. Conway believes in transferring ONE embryo, almost always. She is a strong advocate for the baby, and wants the healthiest outcome possible for the baby, so once she explained this to us, we agreed that if we had multiple embryos to choose from, we should just transfer one.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Answers?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
The one thing that was done incorrectly at this clinic was when I was provided the Fee Schedule. This clinic operates in Baton Rouge, LA as well as Lafayette, LA. For the particular month of my egg retrieval, I should’ve received the fee schedule for the services in Lafayette, but I received Baton Rouge’s fee schedule by mistake. The frustrating part was that no one caught this until payments were due and I didn’t understand the fees due.
Treated 2017
Dr Conway was friendly and personable. Some things were not explained clearly. I did not see her as much as I thought I would have. Most of my visits were with the nurses. Even when trying to figure out next steps, I wouldn't have minded talking with a Dr about why the IUIs failed...We were recommended to start with an IUI, because my partially blocked fallopian tube wasn't a major issue, and my husband's sperm was fine...We were not told the sperm count, just that it was adequate. The IUI failed.
They [the nurses at Fertility Answers] were friendly and helpful. However, I was unsure about some of the information gathered from the bloodwork. I had to ask them what some of the results meant, because they did not tell me. Also. The process was a little fast...Strengths -everyone was very friendly and helpful Weakness -they need to discuss results with the patients and I would like to have seen the dr more...IUI was 1300 Medicine (pills) 131
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Ask questions and be proactive.
The doctor and nurses were very informative and helpful with any questions I had.
We were recommended to start with an IUI, because my partially blocked fallopian tube wasn't a major issue, and my husband's sperm was fine. I went in on cycle day 3 for an ultrasound to make sure there were follicles and no cysts. Days 3-7, I was to take 5 mg of Letrazole to make a couple of large follicles. We stopped having Intercourse a couple if days before our next ultrasound (cycle day 10) and bloodwork. This ultrasound and bloodwork was to check for the size of follicles (19 and 21) and lining (9.5), as well as to make sure I haven't already ovulated. The nurses called that night to tell when to give my self a trigger shot (that night). We were to come back in 2 days to get our IUI. We were not told the sperm count, just that it was adequate. The IUI failed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
They were friendly and helpful. However, I was unsure about some of the information gathered from the bloodwork. I had to ask them what some of the results meant, because they did not tell me. Also. The process was a little fast.
IUI was 1300 Medicine (pills) 131
None
Treated 2016 - 2017
She's [Dr. Susan Conway] a brilliant physician. I do wish she had called me personally with results from my betas as I had questions and wasn't comfortable asking the coordinator. She is very punctual and professional with appointments and prpcedures. And I am so thankful she was there at each transfer to give me a little pep talk and check on me beforehand...
They [FertilityAnswers] would greatly benefit from another ultrasound tech and phlebotomist to make frequent monitoring appointments more efficient...Stim cycle involved 225 follistim, menopur, ganerilex, trigger shot FET 14 day Lupron, estrace, PIO, low dose aspirin...She often assumes I understand my protocol and how the entire process goes. But I had so many questions regarding day of transfer specifics that I was uneasy asking
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
She's a brilliant physician. I do wish she had called me personally with results from my betas as I had questions and wasn't comfortable asking the coordinator. She is very punctual and professional with appointments and prpcedures. And I am so thankful she was there at each transfer to give me a little pep talk and check on me beforehand
Write down questions before all appointments. It's an emotional process and you're likely to forget them in the moment
She is actively interested in the care and physical and emotional well being of her patients. She is thorough and takes time to explain protocol and answer questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Suzanne Thibodeaux )
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
They would greatly benefit from another ultrasound tech and phlebotomist to make frequent monitoring appointments more efficient
Our stim cycle and fresh transfer were quoted around 13,000 without meds. FET was around 2800 plus meds
My first transfer it was highly recommended to transfer one. When we were unsuccessful we transferred two the next transfer. Our final transfer we transferred our last one.
Treated 2015 - 2019
Although we are still early in our treatment, Dr. Conway has been nothing but compassionate and enthusiastic about our plan to conceive. I truly feel she has nothing but to make every couples dream come true!... Started out with a consultation, then did a preconception lab. Next was Insulin resistance lab work and was put on metformin. Sperm analysis was done as well.
The staff [at Fertility Answers- Lafayette] is extremely polite and well mannered. Everyone shows the upmost compassion and empathy for you and your particular situation. Also very helpful and informative. It is a Very clean and updated clinic. Everything is also well organized. Clinic is not hard to find or get to in the Lafayette area.... Payment was expected at time of most procedures. But a list of all cost were provided at the initial consultation so you were not blind sided and knew what to expect.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Be engaging with her, the more you open up the more she understands.
Very personable, understanding, compassionate about our case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
Everyone was very polite and caring.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The staff is extremely polite and well mannered. Everyone shows the upmost compassion and empathy for you and your particular situation. Also very helpful and informative. It is a Very clean and updated clinic. Everything is also well organized. Clinic is not hard to find or get to in the Lafayette area.
Treated 2016
Dr Conway is very direct and blunt. She won't lead you on a course she feels won't be successful. I was confident that we were getting the right treatment for us. Dr Conway found a blocked tube on my hsg which guided our treatment as we had to wait for right ovulation before doing our iui....She was very matter of fact about our treatment and diagnosis. No fluff but took the time to make sure these were the steps we wanted to take....
They [Fertility Answers] can be difficult to get a hold of at times but they always return phone calls within a day if not same day. The clinic is very clean and comforting. Everyone is respectful and compassionate. They are pretty available and I didn't have to wait long for treatment to begin...The front desk/nurse doesn't always answer calls promptly but they are genuineand compassionate and detailed...when we got our positive they were as happy as we were!
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Listen to everything she says. It may be different than what you think your treatment should be. She really does only recommend things she believes will result in a positive test.
She was very matter of fact about our treatment and diagnosis. No fluff but took the time to make sure these were the steps we wanted to take. And when we got our positive they were as happy as we were!
We used letrozole taken for 5 days (started on cycle day 3), an hcg trigger shot, and iui
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
They can be difficult to get a hold of at times but they always return phone calls within a day if not same day. The clinic is very clean and comforting. Everyone is respectful and compassionate. They are pretty available and I didn't have to wait long for treatment to begin.
2000
Treated 2016 - 2017
She [Dr. Conway] was very compassionate to our situation. you can tell she actually cares about her patients...Dr. Conway was very thorough. I felt very comfortable talking with her and felt that she explained the procedures and risks and treatment plan. she listened to our concerns and what treatment plan we wanted to go with...With both of my IUI cycles she had me on Letrozole. Baseline ultrasounds the day my cycle started. Another ultrasound around day 11 and then usually triggered ovulation with an HCG injection around day 13-15
each iui [at Fertility Answers] was roughly $1200 plus the cost of medication. we had a $60 consultation fee and minimal lab fees...most of the nurses we fantastic. the Ultrasound tech, Jessica is absolutely wonderful!...the clinic is very organized. the staff is very friendly and accomodating...With both of my IUI cycles she had me on Letrozole. Baseline ultrasounds the day my cycle started. Another ultrasound around day 11 and then usually triggered ovulation with an HCG injection around day 13-15
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Dont be afraid to ask questions
She was very compassionate to our situation. you can tell she actually cares about her patients
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
the clinic is very organized. the staff is very friendly and accomodating
each iui was roughly $1200 plus the cost of medication. we had a $60 consultation fee and minimal lab fees
Treated 2015 - 2016
She [Dr. Conway] was very patient, took as much time as I needed and stayed with me to answer every question I had. She also told stories to lighten the room...She is very blunt and to the point. She uses examples that seemed like real people scenarios to explain what I was going through. I could tell she related to her patients and adapts to the conversation as you feel more comfortable.
[The nurses at FertilityAnswers are] Very polite and upbeat...Told me the cost of different procedures and explained to me what could be done to best suit our financial ability and options going forward...Very warm and welcoming. It felt like I was sitting in a living room relaxing instead of a waiting room. Weakness- the “guy” room was very visible so if you were waiting in the back you knew exactly what was going on.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
She can tell when you are nervous and that is ok. It seems to help her to know how to handle your situation
She was very patient, took as much time as I needed and stayed with me to answer every question I had. She also told stories to lighten the room.
Very polite and upbeat
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
She gave me options. Told me the cost of different procedures and explained to me what could be done to best suit our financial ability and options going forward
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Conway was very thorough and understanding at our initial consult and recommended the best course of action for us...She recommended ivf due to the amount of time we’ve been trying to conceive. We started the process in August of 2017 and did lab work and other test...We are to pick up where we left off when we feel is best...explains each process well.
[The nursing staff at Fertility Answers is] Very polite...The clinic is very welcoming when you walk in, it feels as if your in a regular doctors office. The front desk personnel are very welcoming.i would recommended this office to my friends and family. I trust Dr Conway with the entire process...Dr. Conway was very thorough and understanding at our initial consult and recommended the best course of action for us.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Conway was very thorough and understanding in our treatment plan and course of action. She recommended ivf due to the amount of time we’ve been trying to conceive. We started the process in August of 2017 and did lab work and other test. We are to pick up where we left off when we feel is best.
She’s very thorough and understanding and explains each process well.
Very polite
Treated 2016 - 2018
I was very happy to have Dr. Conway. She’s very professional. It was hard for me to take time off to drive an hour for a consultation so she held a phone consultation with us. She explains things thoroughly so you aren’t guessing or questioning what’s happening next.... We used femera and a trigger shot to produce quality follicles for our iui treatment.... One complete iui cycle costs $1600. This included medicine, bloodwork, ultrasounds, and the actual procedure.
Their office [Fertility Answers- Lafayette] is clean and quiet. I loved the chalkboard for writing your reason for being there. It was inspirational. The photos of the babies they helped give life to are precious. You won’t feel like you are in a stuffy doctors office.... One complete iui cycle costs $1600. This included medicine, bloodwork, ultrasounds, and the actual procedure.... They are polite, professional and helpful. They let me lie down to do my blood work and reviewed the iui process with us in detail.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
She took time to get to know us, not just treat us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Their office is clean and quiet. I loved the chalkboard for writing your reason for being there. It was inspirational. The photos of the babies they helped give life to are precious. You won’t feel like you are in a stuffy doctors office.
We did not discuss this option yet.