Available by cell phone
FellowshipRush U. Med Ctr
2640 Patriot Blvd
Glenview, IL 60026
847-972-0300
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Susan Davies to a friend?
9.7

5.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists to a friend?
At the end only 2 eggs fertilized they were frozen for a cycle and then she [Dr. Davies] decided to transfer both eggs. Only one took...treated me with care and respect... She’s the 1st doctor out of the 3 that took the time to call me and see how I was doing and to give me bad news as well. She was always by my side and trying to make me feel better and relax. I am very thankful and now very hopeful with our baby on the way. I had lost faith and Dr. Davies brought it back.
all the [nurses at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists] where great. They always answered my questions and took very good care of me. They were all very kind and always remembered my name and my husbands and treated us very kind...There was not much wait. They where always fast, easy and with care. I noticed that once I got a positive result my appointments where scheduled at times when other patients where not there. I wonder if this is, so they wont feel bad because one is happy and they are still waiting.
How was your experience with Susan Davies at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists?
Dr. Susan Davies and all her staff treated me with care and respect. They comforted me and were very attentive to my needs. She’s the 1st doctor out of the 3 that took the time to call me and see how I was doing and to give me bad news as well. She was always by my side and trying to make me feel better and relax. I am very thankful and now very hopeful with our baby on the way. I had lost faith and Dr. Davies brought it back.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Davies at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists?
Just try to relax, follow instructions, take acupuncture, yoga, meditate, anything that can help you relax and leave it in Dr. Davies and God’s hands. It will happen don’t stress out
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Davies at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists?
Describe the protocols Susan Davies used in your cycles at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists and their degree of success.
After our 1st failed IVF with Dr. Davies and our 4th in total. Dr. Davies recommended I tried to relax and do acupuncture. I waited a month and tried to stress less at work, I also did Yoga. I took my prenatal vitamins recommended by Dr. Davies, ate healthier and then followed the injections as instructed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Annal )
Annal, Jennifer, Georgette, Shannon, and all the girls where great. They always answered my questions and took very good care of me. They were all very kind and always remembered my name and my husbands and treated us very kind.
Describe your experience with Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.
Everyone is very king, gentle, responsible and treat you with care. They understand how you feel and give you the support you need. Its a very confortable and friendly environment. You are treated with respect and provided with the information you need.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Davies at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.
My insurance covered it.
Describe Susan Davies's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.
At the end only 2 eggs fertilized they were frozen for a cycle and then she decided to transfer both eggs. Only one took. This was a good decision on her part.
+ Read more- Read less
I have very successfull experience with Susan Davies. Everything was explained very clearly to me, I was given multiple treatment options...We started with letrozole (do not remember dosage) and IUI. Doctor recommended 3 cycles only stating that chances are low after 3 failed IUIs. Letrozole dosage was always the same. After 3rd failed IUI, I decided to proceed with IVF...Doctor is very cautious about OHSS and conservative with medication dosages to be safe. We did ICSI IVF....Per doctor’s recommendation, all embryos were frozen,..I was recommended syngle embryo transfer.
This is small clinic [Davies Fert and IVF Spec] and every staff member is very friendly and involved with every patient. Office has warm and comfortable atmosphere which helps to feel that you are treated as human ...Appointmens time is flexible and over all I had very positive experience with this office. They tried to minimize stress diring the entire process...Nursing staff was very professional and caring. I have only good commens about every team member...Around $2400 for medicated IUI cycle. Around $17000 for IVF...Everyone is friendly and it feels very comfortable in the office.
I have very successfull experience with Susan Davies. Everything was explained very clearly to me, I was given multiple treatment options. Eggs retrival and transfer were successful on the first cycle. What more could you wish from your fertility doctor.
Be patient and carefully follow every instruction office gives you.
This is small clinic and every staff member is very friendly and involved with every patient. Office has warm and comfortable atmosphere which helps to feel that you are treated as human and not just as a number.
We started with letrozole (do not remember dosage) and IUI. Doctor recommended 3 cycles only stating that chances are low after 3 failed IUIs. Letrozole dosage was always the same. After 3rd failed IUI, I decided to proceed with IVF but had to wait one month for eggs retrival so did another IUI while waiting. Eggs retrival was success. Doctor is very cautious about OHSS and conservative with medication dosages to be safe. We did ICSI IVF. Out of 13 eggs retrieved, 11 were fertilized and 6 made to 5 day blastocysts. Per doctor’s recommendation, all embryos were frozen, I was told that success rates are higher if we wait at list one cycle after eggs retrival. We also did PGD testing - 5 embryos were normal. One month after retrival, we did single frozen embryo transfer wich resulted in successful pregnancy. I was on progesterone oil shots and estogen pills for first 10 weeks of pregnancy. After that, I was released to my regular Obgyn.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.
Describe your experience with Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.
Small size clinic where all staff members know your name and work together to help to achieve successful results. Everyone is friendly and it feels very comfortable in the office. I liked atmosphere of the office which was helpful every time i had to get up early in the morning for my appointments. Appointmens time is flexible and over all I had very positive experience with this office. They tried to minimize stress diring the entire process.
Around $2400 for medicated IUI cycle. Around $17000 for IVF. I paid for two IUIs,then, with the help of office, got secondary insurance which covered most expenses. Had to pay around $2000 for PGD testing and $2000 for freezing eggs and storage. Had to pay about $1000 out of pocket for eggs retrival and another $1000 for eggs transfer.
I was recommended syngle embryo transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Susan Davies at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.

I love that it is a small clinic so you do not feel like a number. They make you feel important and there are times you forget they have a bunch of other patients. I think their biggest weakness wold be they recently took on a lot more patients and wait times can be insane, sometimes over an hour. They really need to hire another ultrasound tech because having only one during the IVF cycle time does not allow a quick visit. There were times I was waiting up to an hour. In my experience they are a great group of women to work with that make you feel comfortable, but because it has been several years with no live birth and no real explanation, I can not possibly say I am satisfied with them at this point.
Dr. Davies is a very caring, nice person. My biggest issue is the amount of times I would see her. The only time I would see her is if I scheduled a consultation or the day of my egg retrieval or embryo transfer. I rarely saw her in the office unless it was previously scheduled. In times of heartache and pain, occasionally she would call but for the most part she lets her staff handle.
Ask questions, she is the most patient doctor who will answer any and every question. Demand changes to protocol if it isn't working out.
Davies staff is small, the more you are at their office the more like family they become. It is probably to a fault because it is one of the only reasons we have stayed so long. They are extremely friendly, one of the nicest group of people I have met and they make you feel like you are their only patient.
I do not completely remember, I would need my patient records. Gonal F was used for egg retrievals. Because I responded so well, the doses were low. For embryo transfer I did 6 pills of estrace a day along with 2mL progesterone in oil shots a week leading up to the transfer and continuing after. I also was on baby aspirin and prenatal vitamins. I was diagnosed with a certain mthfr mutation that she stated causes blood clots but refused to do blood thinner because it has not been proven to be successful. In all my results have been 2 chemical pregnancies and 2 miscarriages. My wife also went to her and has had similar protocols and results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Aanal)
Aanal is very caring and honest. Occasionally she will put her personal opinions on treatment that are different from the doctor's treatment plan and can be confusing. But for the most part she is very caring and communicated everything effectively.
Describe your experience with Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.
Im not sure as insurance covered most of it. Their office manager is very good about breaking down costs and benefits with you.
Our doctor preferred to only transfer 1 embryo but after some push back she agreed to do 2..
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Davies meant well. She was compassionate and explained the process thoroughly; however, when we were not successful achieve pregnancy transfer after transfer she blamed statistics....After each failed transfer she asked us what we were thinking we should do next which seemed strange. She also said she had ideas which were the same each time... she had sceheduled my medications around her clinics schedule instead of my body’s cycles
The nurses and physician assistant were very compassionate and helped make us feel comfortable. We had so much communication with them. The practice [Davies Fert and IVF Spec] is so small that they knew you by name and they felt like family....Dr. Davies and her staff were very compassionate....This clinics strength is the compassion from the nurses and doctor....She had sceheduled my medications around her clinics schedule instead of my body’s cycles
Dr. Davies meant well. She was compassionate and explained the process thoroughly; however, when we were not successful achieve pregnancy transfer after transfer she blamed statistics. After five embryos (3 transfers), you would expect that you would be pregnant if it were statistics. If we were going to go through another round of stimulation with her she wanted to use the same protocol with the addition of testing my lining prior to stimulation as well as genetic testing on the embryos. After each failed transfer she asked us what we were thinking we should do next which seemed strange. She also said she had ideas which were the same each time. I do know two people who were successful with her however, I still wouldn’t recommend her to friends. When you look at her pluisbed statistics online they are not very good compared to other clinics.
Go onto the online data base where you can see percentages of successful transfers, births, etc for each doctor. It was enlightening for us and ultimately why we switch ed doctors. Her numbers were not published when we started seeing her because her clinic was new.
Dr. Davies and her staff were very compassionate.
I do not remember. However, I was on birth control and she had sceheduled my medications around her clinics schedule instead of my body’s cycles
The nurses and physician assistant were very compassionate and helped make us feel comfortable. We had so much communication with them. The practice is so small that they knew you by name and they felt like family.
Describe your experience with Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.
This clinics strength is the compassion from the nurses and doctor. Their weakness however is the low success rates which in my opinion is the most important thing during this process because above all that is the reason you are there.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
I wanted more interaction with Dr. Davies herself. I would go weeks without hearing from her and had to demand to see her when my transfer protocol failed to figure out what happened and see if anything could be done in order to get me ready for an actual transfer. Every time I did speak with Dr. Davies I felt better, but definitely thought I would have a lot more interaction with her along the way. She doesn't even have a voicemail box, which is surprising and disappointing.
I was pretty upset when my first FET protocol didn't work and we had to cancel everything before even getting to transfer [at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists]. They said "well, that happens sometimes. Bad cycle" and just wanted to wait and try again. I called to speak to the Dr, whom I hadn't interacted with since the retrieval weeks prior,...if I didn't ask for a consult and demand tests to see why it didn't work I would have wasted more time with another FET protocol.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Be your own advocate and ask the questions you need to know.
They knew my name, know my son and his name, and as we got farther into the process they remembered my story and what I was trying to accomplish. I did have to ask A LOT of questions about why I was taking certain drugs or doing it in a certain way, because they often would just give me the protocol with no explanation about it, which was frustrating. But overall they worked with me as a human.
STIMS for 10 days: Days 1-5 were 400 Follistism/Gonal-F and 150 Menopur, Day 6 added 250 Ganirelix through Day 10. GEEP/FET: 10 Lupron until Day 1 start, then 5 Lupron at night and 1 estrace tablet; Day 6 was 2 estrace tablets and 5 Lupron; Day 10 started 3 estrace in morning and 3 at night and 1 Medrol per day until Day 15, then added 1 estrogen patch and PIO at night until Day 16 with PIO morning and night and only 4 estrace tablets. In that process now and Transfer is scheduled for Day 20.
Aanal was great, but direct and dry and did not explain why on each med. She also never answered my emails to her but was great with calls. And when I got emotional once she did hug me which was reassuring. I felt badly for her because I would get frustrated I was only speaking to her and not Dr Davies. Update: after my failed transfer Aanal was very compassionate and spent a lot of time with me figuring out next steps. I really appreciated that.
Describe your experience with Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.
All female office, which is very warm and welcoming. They really worked with my schedule as a single parent and made appointments easy. Shannon in the billing department was super helpful and Georgette at the front desk was always nice. Jennifer, the nurse/PA, is excellent. Erica was a bit rough around the edges; I can tell if she likes you she treats you like gold but you don't want to be on her sh!t list.
I am not an early morning person so I would go in later and never had an issue. They were always so wonderful when I had to bring my son in as well, and really worked with my schedule. They are very easy and fantastic in this department.
They were wonderful and knew exactly how to work with my insurance and the pharmacy. They even learned of a change in my insurance and got me a retroactive payment from my insurance for a large sum of money.
I only have one PGS tested normal embryo so will be transferring that one. Not sure what her approach is beyond that.

2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr Susan Davies] looked through my records and she said too many things were done wrong with me. She said first they induced my egg donor too much. I had 32 eggs when she should of had around 14 eggs. That means I was being implanted with too many bad eggs.The eggs should of been genetically tested to get rid of the bad eggs. Then she said my blood wasn't clotting to the embryo. She said all my pregnancies before were chemically pregnancies. She listens and solved my problem BEST PLACE!
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Finally , I found my Doctor who saved me! My gyno recomended Dr. Davies. I had a meeting with her. I liked the fact she only has one office so I don't have to run to other offices. Plus she is in private practice. We had a long meeting when I met her . I asked her straight out Will I be able to have a baby. She said yes you will. She looked through my records and she said too many things were done wrong with me. She said first they induced my egg donor too much. I had 32 eggs when she should of had around 14 eggs. That means I was being implanted with too many bad eggs.The eggs should of been genetically tested to get rid of the bad eggs. Then she said my blood wasn't clotting to the embryo. She said all my pregnancies before were chemically pregnancies. She listens and solved my problem BEST PLACE!
Shows empathy and kind
I never felt rushed with her. She knew what my problem was right away. I saw two other doctors who never knew what my problem was. She was kind and honest. she promised me my dream will come true to have my little Molly, I always wanted.
Told me to have my eggs genetic tested to get rid of bad eggs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Annal)
Very warm and welcoming
Located in the Glen in Glenview . Very clean
Most covered by insurance
+ Read more- Read less

A very compassionate, well organized office [Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists]. You'll spend most of your time seeing PA Aanal, RN Jessica, UT Techs and the office staff. We saw Dr. Davies for the consult, retrieval, transfer and discharge appointment. ... Dr. Davies and her team are wonderful, compassionate and caring people who truly love what they do. ...
Dr. Davies and her team are wonderful, compassionate and caring people who truly love what they do. From our very first consult with Dr. Davies, we had a great experience. She answered all of our questions and was not pushy when it came time for us to make a decision about our next steps. We had been trying to conceive for nearly 2 years and I was recently diagnosed with Endometriosis Stage III. Dr. Davies provided guidance and counseling on our different options. We choose to move straight into IVF and did a frozen embryo transfer. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant!
Describe your experience with Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.
A very compassionate, well organized office. You'll spend most of your time seeing PA Aanal, RN Jessica, UT Techs and the office staff. We saw Dr. Davies for the consult, retrieval, transfer and discharge appointment.
$4,500 (for genetic testing)