Texas Fertility Center

New Braunfels
705 Generations Dr
New Braunfels, TX 73180
830.608.8004
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Susan Hudson to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Texas Fertility Center to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
The office is small, you know all of the staff and you only see Dr. Hudson. She even does every monitoring appointment. They always showed compassion and kindness...We got three eggs, all three were mature and all three fertilized with ICSI. The three made it to Day 3 and then two made it to Day 5. The two blastocysts were biopsied for PGS and sent to freeze. We ended up with one normal embryo. From the onset she told us these were our chances and it was spot on...Dr. Hudson has a warm and gentle approach while also being completely honest with her explanation of the benefits and risks of any part of the process. She did not over promise on what my prognosis was or the chance of success.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Susan Hudson at Fertility Institute of Texas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Hudson at Fertility Institute of Texas?
Don't feel afraid to ask any question you have. She is always forthcoming with answers and provides explanations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Hudson at Fertility Institute of Texas?
Describe the protocols Susan Hudson used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of Texas and their degree of success.
When we began our first cycle, she planned an antagonist protocol where I would use estrogen patches and Cetrotide starting on Day 21 for 7 days and then go in for my baseline scan before changing to Menopur and Gonal-F. This was specifically planned to deal with Diminished Ovarian Reserve, my primary diagnosis. That first cycle, I did the patches and when I went in for my scan, we found I had two leading follicles and she decided to check me again the next day to see if they had grown or shrunk. The next day they were still there, and so she advised us to cancel the cycle. She explained that with the two leading follicles, any other follicles would not be able to catch up and my chances for the best outcome were lower, with not having the most follicles as possible. We canceled the cycle, of course we were crushed but because she explained why it wouldn't be good to continue, we felt it was the right thing to do. She also changed my treatment plan for the next cycle, where we would not start with the estrogen patches and Cetrotide. The next cycle I went in on CD1 for my baseline and everything looked okay and we started injections the next night. I did Menopur and Gonal-F for 7 days, then Cetrotide was added to prevent the follicles from ovulating. I stimulated for 12 days and used Lupron for the trigger. The entire time I stimulated I had three follicles. Two were larger than one however she said an egg could be in there and she would try all of them. We got three eggs, all three were mature and all three fertilized with ICSI. The three made it to Day 3 and then two made it to Day 5. The two blastocysts were biopsied for PGS and sent to freeze. We ended up with one normal embryo. From the onset she told us these were our chances and it was spot on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
I had the same nurse from start to finish, she always called when she said she would and promptly answered my questions in the portal. I interacted with a few other staff members and all were warm and accommodating always.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of Texas.
Dr. Hudson works with an IVF lab which is separate from her office. The IVF lab is located in a surgical facility. Dr. Hudson performed the retrieval and transfer but the nurses and embryologists were employees of the facility and the IVF lab. Every interaction I had with the nurses and embryologists were always wonderful. They were professional, warm and compassionate. Having the procedures performed outside of the doctor's own office was different compared to my first doctor where everything was done in-house however it was not a negative experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Hudson at Fertility Institute of Texas.
We paid a package fee for the doctor's services which included monitoring scans, bloodwork, retrieval and transfer procedures. It was $5350. We paid a separate fee to the IVF lab for their embryology fees such as handling the eggs, sperm, ICSI, embryo monitoring, biopsy and cryopreservation. This was $8150. We paid a separate fee of $1250 to the surgical facility for retrieval then another $1000 for transfer. PGS fees were separate, paid directly to the lab performing test. The cost for medications were separate and was roughly $7000.
San Antonio
I cannot day enough good things about Dr. Hudson and her staff.... Dr. Hudson is extremely professional. She works very hard to ensure that her patients and their families feel comfortable and understand what's going on. I was so impressed with how she handled herself.... We used a mixed IUI cycle: I took femara and injected medications.... Her staff is just as incredible, professional and well trained: I never once had an unpleasant experience!
How was your experience with Susan Hudson at Fertility Institute of Texas?
Dr. Hudson is extremely professional. She works very hard to ensure that her patients and their families feel comfortable and understand what's going on. I was so impressed with how she handled herself. I came from a doctor that didn't do these things and it was really wonderful to move to a clinic where all the staff is caring and compassionate.
Don't wait: if you need to see a doctor for help don't hesitate to see Dr. Hudson!
I cannot day enough good things about Dr. Hudson and her staff. From the moment I transferred to her clinic I was treated with compassion and respect. Each member of her staff made themselves readily available (as much as necessary) to answer my questions, hear my concerns and worked with my husband and I through each step of the way. I felt comfortable with them and was able to talk openly about my concerns, ideas and needs. Her staff is just as incredible, professional and well trained: I never once had an unpleasant experience! They were all so kind and caring. Of the doctors I have worked with so far, she and her staff are definitely the best!
We used a mixed IUI cycle: I took femara and injected medications.
The nurses were fantastic. I trusted them completely!
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of Texas.
This clinic is extremely organized. I never had a problem getting my questions answered. I did have to wait a few weeks for an appointment when I wasn't cycling, but during my cycling I never had a problem.
All medical treatments are on par price wise with other clinics. Timed intercourse cycles were about $500 and IUIs ran about $1,200. They provided me with good pharmacy ordering information as well.
Describe Susan Hudson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of Texas.
This was not part of my treatment.
Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Hudson is committed to figuring out what is causing recurrent miscarriages of the inability to get pregnant...She always spent quality time with us, answered all questions, and made me feel so comfortable during the most emotional time of my life...Dr. Hudson was extremely thorough, explained everything, and most importantly made us feel like we were important to her not only as patients but as people. One specific instance I will never forget was when I was super nervous before my hysteroscopy and she sat down on the bed next to me and rubbed my leg telling me that she was going to take care of me. It was so heart felt and In the moment I needed that. She was simply amazing and helped our dream become a reality. We now have a sweet baby boy because of her!
Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Susan Hudson at Fertility Institute of Texas?
I was very unsure if I wanted to go through with IVF treatment for my genetic issue. My husband and I had such a genuine connection with her right from our consultation that I knew we landed in the right place. Dr. Hudson was extremely thorough, explained everything, and most importantly made us feel like we were important to her not only as patients but as people. One specific instance I will never forget was when I was super nervous before my hysteroscopy and she sat down on the bed next to me and rubbed my leg telling me that she was going to take care of me. It was so heart felt and In the moment I needed that. She was simply amazing and helped our dream become a reality. We now have a sweet baby boy because of her!
Trust her, she knows her stuff and she wants to help you build your family.
Dr. Hudson is super compassionate. She always spent quality time with us, answered all questions, and made me feel so comfortable during the most emotional time of my life.
I do not recall exact dosages but I used estrogen patches and ganarilex. I stimmed with bravelle and menopur and triggered with Lupron. I then prepped for transfer with estrogen vaginal pills and IM injection along with progesterone via vaginal insertion. I had to add estrogen injections because my lining was not thickening with just the pills. Once we added the injection everything progressed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Fredrika Garrett )
The nurses were great. We saw them every visit for blood draws and various testing. What I remember most was the amount of time they spent with us teaching us how to administer the fertility meds and also going over paperwork. I can't think of a bad experience that I had with the nursing staff, they were all great and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of Texas.
This clinic has a high success rate. Dr. Hudson is committed to figuring out what is causing recurrent miscarriages of the inability to get pregnant. This clinic is wonderful!
I don't recall exact numbers but I think total was close to 35,000 including 3,000 for PGS testing of embryos with Genesis genetics.
My doctor preferred transferring one embryo at a time. Her philosophy was one healthy baby and healthy mom. I did not have an issue with that.
2011 - 2015
Dr hudson is a wonderful and compassionate doctor. She has a warm and empathetic bedside manner. ...Dr. Hudson was wonderful. I'm a highly anxious patient who needed a lot of information and reassurance. Dr hudson gave me her person email address and was quick to respond anytime I needed anything...I did a stim cycle using follistem, menopur and ganirelix with a lupron trigger for egg retrieval since I am a high responder. We did a freeze all with PGS. I used estradiol valerate since my lining was resistant and PIO since I had an allergic reaction to crinone.
2011 - 2015
How was your experience with Susan Hudson at Fertility Institute of Texas?
Dr hudson is a wonderful and compassionate doctor. She has a warm and empathetic bedside manner. I will be forever grateful that she allowed my husband and I to conceive our family. We will definitely return to her clinic if we choose to pursue more children in the future
Dr hudson is very trustworthy. Let go of a little control and trust her.
Dr. Hudson's nurse Fredricka is wonderful - very experienced in IVF coordination, compassionate and empathetic. We were assigned Julie for most of our cycle. Although kind, Julie was less knowledgable and made some mistakes when ordering our medications. We felt like we needed to double check everything she did.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of Texas.
We absolutely loved Dr. Hudson, her nurse Fredricka and the front desk staff. Overall, Dr. Hudson's clinic is very well-organized and compassionate to our situation. Everyone was happy with us and sad with us through the whole process.
don't remember
Our doctor felt very strongly about an eSET following PGS. With research showing such high pregnancy rates in our age group with chromosomally normal embryos, Dr. Hudson wanted to minimize our risk of twins. Her goal was a healthy pregnancy and she didn't want to add any additional risks to me or the baby with a multiple gestation.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of Texas?
San Antonio
Dr. Hudson was always very compassionate and open when explaining things. During my FET there was a minor complication and I started having anxiety, she stopped what she was doing to reassure me that everything was ok...Was extremely caring and thoughtful. Answered every question and never felt rushed!
How was your experience with Susan Hudson at Fertility Institute of Texas?
IVF with ICSI and PGS screening with frozen embryo transfer of one embryo that split into 2!!
Awesome and extremely friendly!!
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of Texas.
Everyone was so friendly! It felt like family!
Insurance covered most of it we paid out of pocket for PGS.