Susan McClelland Maxwell

Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish)

Medical SchoolChicago Med School - Rosalind Franklin Univ
ResidencyNYU
FellowshipNYU
New York City
210 East 64th St.
New York City, NY 10065
212.324.2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Susan McClelland Maxwell to a friend?

Good

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish) to a friend?
Dr. Maxwell was attentive and reassuring during our first consultation. She listened to all of my concerns and has been responsive to phone calls. I feel like she has my best interests at heart when determining my treatment plan. Her nurses are also super knowledgeable and helpful. ... I have only completed one IUI cycle so far (unsuccessful). I used Clomid 5 mg on days 5-9. Then Ovidrel injection when I had a big enough follicle. On the second cycle my labs showed that I ovulated that day so they did not do IUI and recommended intercourse.
NYU is organized, high tech, and although some people describe it like a “factory” I never felt like a number. It does run like a well oiled machine, but can be very crowded during the monitoring times. They do their best to accommodate your schedule, which is much appreciated. ... The nurses are all great. Responsive to messages, knowledgeable, compassionate, patient and encouraging!
How was your experience with Susan McClelland Maxwell at NYU?
Dr. Maxwell is easy to talk to, involves you in the treatment plan, and is on the conservative side, which I like. She gave me the pros and cons of doing IVF immediately, but also gave me the reasons for trying IUI first. She gave me her recommendations but also the choice to do what I felt was right for me and my husband.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan McClelland Maxwell at NYU?
Make sure you come in with questions, and ask if you don’t understand something.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan McClelland Maxwell at NYU?
Describe the protocols Susan McClelland Maxwell used in your cycles at NYU and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU. (Assigned nurse: Andrea and Laura)
Describe your experience with NYU.
Describe Susan McClelland Maxwell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU.
Dr. Maxwell recommends single embryo transfer.
Susan McClelland Maxwell