Susan Sarajari

FellowshipUCLA
Bethesda
10215 Fernwood Road
Bethesda, MD 20817
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Susan Sarajari to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dominion Fertility to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Sarajari recommended we do IVF within six months after seeing mine and my husband's diagnostic test results...recommended we use ICSI for fertilization, which resulted in 100% of our eggs being fertilized...She strongly recommended we do single transfer...always took the time to answer my questions (and invite questions as well). She made me feel that she was invested in my treatment and my success... I emailed her my concerns one night at 11:45pm, and she called me back personally at 9:15am the next morning, waited patiently for me to conference in my husband, and helped us talk through our options. I know that this included some information she'd told us before, but she still took the time to rehash it for us. It helped us make the most informed decision and made us feel empowered and confident that we were doing so.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Susan Sarajari at Dominion Fertility?
I was randomly assigned to Dr. Sarajari when I decided to pick Dominion Fertility - I am glad that I was! Of all the doctors (who are all very kind), I always felt the most comfortable with her. I like to know and understand all details, so I had a fair amount of questions. She always took the time to answer them, and she also gave me her email address to contact her when my husband and I were wrestling with doing IUI or IVF. I emailed her my concerns one night at 11:45pm, and she called me back personally at 9:15am the next morning, waited patiently for me to conference in my husband, and helped us talk through our options. I know that this included some information she'd told us before, but she still took the time to rehash it for us. It helped us make the most informed decision and made us feel empowered and confident that we were doing so.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Sarajari at Dominion Fertility?
If you're like me and need to know every detail - I'd always make sure to have a notepad with you. And, when asking questions, I found it very helpful to have them at hand for a productive conversation. I think this would apply to most doctors though!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Sarajari at Dominion Fertility?
Dr. Sarajari always took the time to answer my questions (and invite questions as well). She made me feel that she was invested in my treatment and my success.
Describe the protocols Susan Sarajari used in your cycles at Dominion Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Sarajari recommended we do IVF within six months after seeing mine and my husband's diagnostic test results. We waited on it (last ditch effort to try naturally) for three months, then started on Estrace, Gonal F (Follistim), Menopur and Ganirelax. My trigger shot was Lupron. Dr. Sarajari recommended we use ICSI for fertilization, which resulted in 100% of our eggs being fertilized. So far, that's where we are in the process!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dominion Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Holli Simon)
I have said on more than one occasion that I wouldn't be able to go through IVF without Holli! She is patient, thorough, accessible, and kind. You can't really ask for anything more. It is very evident (and so very appreciated) that she cares about her patients. I went through IVF during a particularly busy time of the year for Dominion and she still got back to me in a timely manner when I had questions (a lot of them) and helped coordinate every detail.
Describe your experience with Dominion Fertility.
The staff is very friendly here. And competent (which sounds like a given, but at many doctor's offices sometimes I wonder). I never have to worry that I will not receive a call back when I have to leave the nurse or finance dept a message. One thing I think that is unique to Dominion is that the offer an in-home injection teaching. My coordinator sat with me and my husband for +1 hour at our kitchen table teaching us how to mix the meds, practice using the needle with a tester to get a feel for things. As someone nervous with needles, this was HUGE. Dominion clearly cares about their patients and staff - we had a big snowstorm in DC one weekend, and they put up their staff at the hotel across the street so there'd be no chance they'd miss work! Another strength of Dominion is that they have a very knowledgeable finance department. Critical when undertaking a large financial commitment like IVF. They helped battle my insurance on multiple occasions - even getting on a three-way call with me and them a few times to resolve matters. My only criticism (which honestly is slight) is that sometimes the morning monitoring hours can feel like a revolving door. With so many people coming in and out, the time with the doctors can be very fast. You need to speak up and ask question (how am I progressing, how many follicles do you see) otherwise you may not have a ton of information volunteered for you. Also, my retrieval fell on a Sunday AM, so my doctor was not there to do the procedure as I had hoped. I imagine that would have been different if it was on a week day.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Dominion Fertility.
Monitoring was relatively efficient. A few times it was busy (for example for people arriving the last ~20 min of the weekend AM window), but most of the time I was in and out in about 30-40 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Sarajari at Dominion Fertility.
Under my insurance (so far!) costs have been about $5k to the clinic and $500 for meds (but we've reached our max for fertility drugs). We will incur additional fees for genetic testing (TBD). Since more drugs will be out of pocket, Dominion said they'd help me shop around for the best prices.
Describe Susan Sarajari's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dominion Fertility.
She strongly recommended we do single transfer
Susan Sarajari
Dominion Fertility
Arlington

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Susan Sarajari at Dominion Fertility.