RMA of New Jersey

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolGeorgetown
ResidencyRWJ Rutgers
FellowshipColumbia
81 Veronica Avenue
Somerset, NJ 08873
732-220-9060
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Susan Treiser to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend RMA of New Jersey to a friend?
Dr. Treiser was very warm and compassionate, listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions. She was great and so supportive throughout the whole process. I started out with another doctor (who since retired) and worked with her moving forward. I chose her specifically because she was the one who ended up doing my transfer. I loved her and her personality, and just felt like she would be the right doctor moving forward.
European, Other
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Choose her! She has been doing this for so many years and has great experience!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Treiser made me feel like a human, as she was very warm, listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions. She was great and so supportive.
Describe the protocols Susan Treiser used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
I don't remember any protocols specifically.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Joyce Maloney)
Joyce Maloney is the most AMAZING nurse... I am SO lucky that I was assigned to her caseload. She is the best... so organized, detailed, compassionate and always followed through. She always called me in a timely fashion with my personal results and thorough directions of what to do next. I wish everyone would have the same experience with their nurse.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
A huge strength is how organized they are. Everyone has a job to do and they do it flawlessly, following up with everyone to ensure their treatment moves forward as quickly and seamlessly as possible.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
The Somerset office has a smaller waiting room, so sometimes it was standing room only. With that said, they were very good about getting people in and out, so there really wasn't much waiting around. I usually had to be there by 7:30am, which were the monitoring hours. It wasn't a problem for me because it was on my way to work, but that will be challenging next time with a toddler that has to go to daycare (in the opposite direction).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey.
We did owe co-pays during certain visits, but I was very lucky that insurance covered most of our treatment and medicine.
Describe Susan Treiser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I am an older patient (over 40). She never expressed any negativity towards me like other doctors did... I'm not sure anything Dr. Treiser is doing in my situation is particularly novel...any time I have specifically wanted to directly speak with my doctor Susan Treiser, I have been pleasantly surprised with how quickly and pleasantly she calls me back and speaks at length with me about whatever I want to talk to her about
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
I have read about other doctors at RMA-NJ trying novel treatments and I'm not sure anything Dr. Treiser is doing in my situation is particularly novel, but then again, it may be that I have not needed anything novel because I am having good success with the current treatment. Dr. Treiser is easy to talk to and easy to get ahold of and explains everything thoroughly that I ask her about so that I'm not concerned about my questions anymore.
Dr. Treiser can seem a bit quiet at times but if you ask her all your questions and concerns, she will be very kind and talk to you about everything.
RMA-NJ is very factory-like in that you just show up at any of their clinics on the days that you are to be monitored and whoever is working there that day does your monitoring. I like that they at least list the names of the doctors on the schedule so I can go to the clinics with the doctors I feel most comfortable with. Generally all communication runs through one's assigned nurse by email and by phone messages, but any time I have specifically wanted to directly speak with my doctor Susan Treiser, I have been pleasantly surprised with how quickly and pleasantly she calls me back and speaks at length with me about whatever I want to talk to her about. She has also called me, instead of having the nurse contact me, at key junctures in my treatment, and she is always the one to talk with me after retrieval and every step along the way in regards to embryo development and testing. There have been tests and medications I have read about and when I bring up a test or a medication adjustment I am wondering about, she has always had good information for me and seems to like talking with me, and has been open to my ideas and suggestions where appropriate.
I am an older patient (over 40). She never expressed any negativity towards me like other doctors did. I had good AMH, LH/FSH, and many follicles showing on initial visit. She started me on 300 Follistim/Gonal, 150 menopur, then added in Ganirelex a few days later, and then a lupron trigger with an HCG shot. We had very good results with this so it was definitely a good call I think.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jordanna)
Jordanna is sweet, humorous, and always gets back to me the same day.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA-NJ is like clockwork. You feel like you've joined some sort of elite fitness club or something, because you can take your "membership" and show up at any of their offices each morning for monitoring and they know who you are and treat you like a valued participant. I wish they would do day-3 embryo transfer, they will only transfer day 5's. That said, they have great PGS testing, it's CCS testing and provides a "normal, mosaic, or abnormal" rating. They will allow transfer of normals and mosaics if you had PGS testing. They have a few different financing options for folks like me who don't have insurance. Their embryology department is amazing. I had to have ICSI done and it worked very well. Their frozen embryo statistics are stellar and are one of the reasons I choose RMA-NJ. All weekday monitoring happens between 6 and 8 in the morning, weekend they are open until 10am. I wish they had later hours.
Efficient, well-oiled machine, where you feel special and like part of an elite club of patients. I just wished they would have monitoring hours after 8am. I have to get up super early for the appointments as I live far away.
IVF with ICSI at RMA is normally roughly 20000 a cycle without insurance. I got a package with ARC (financing that RMA offers) for 3 cycles with ICSI and 6 transfers, for roughly 40000 financed. They also have an interesting setup for PGS testing where you pay to "buy in" to a package of 10 embryos tested for roughly $4000 where those 10 embryos can be all in one cycle or if not used, spills over to subsequent cycles.
Dr. Treiser and I discussed MY research on transfering embryos and what I thought was best (freeze all, multiple cycles, then transfer one at a time) and she agreed with my sense of where to go.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Treiser understood that I have an anxiety disorder, so she would be very frank with me and give me numbers, percentages, etc when she could, because that made me feel more in control/like I knew what to expect. When we had bad news, she would call me herself rather than letting the nurse call me. ... I felt Dr. Treiser was very candid and forthcoming, and worked with me to find the best way to treat both my infertility and manage my anxiety about the process. I trusted her and felt she absolutely knew what she was doing.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
I felt Dr. Treiser was very candid and forthcoming, and worked with me to find the best way to treat both my infertility and manage my anxiety about the process. I trusted her and felt she absolutely knew what she was doing. I was very happy with her, although she was not my favorite doctor at the Somerset office.
She isn’t the warmest doctor at RMA but she does care, and she is extremely knowledgeable. Be honest about what you need from her and she will do her best to meet those needs and make your process easier.
Dr. Treiser understood that I have an anxiety disorder, so she would be very frank with me and give me numbers, percentages, etc when she could, because that made me feel more in control/like I knew what to expect. When we had bad news, she would call me herself rather than letting the nurse call me. She also was the one to call us when we had good news as well. After my retrievals and transfer (done by Dr. Leo Doherty because of how the schedule fell), she called to check on me and see how I was doing. Also, after I was no longer a patient, I reached out to her about results on my first trimester screen to ask her opinion and she called me back the same day, and asked me to keep her updated. When I emailed her the results of my subsequent NIPT screening, she emailed me back the same day.
My first cycle was a typical antagonist protocol because I have PCOS. They expected me to overproduce so they started me on lower doses. However, my body wasn’t responding in the way they had expected. I produced 19 eggs, 16 mature, 12 fertilized with ICSI, and only 2 survived to 6-day blast. Luckily both were PGS normal but Dr. Treiser encouraged us to let her try another cycle to see if we could get better results and bank more, higher quality embryos since we do want more than one child. Our insurance covers IVF and allows banking so we decided to do a second cycle. We did a Lupron down-regulation protocol the second time. Dr. Treiser felt she had learned about my body in the first cycle and that with the Lupron cycle, she could have more control over how my body would react. We retrieved 24 eggs, 21 mature, 19 fertilized, and 14 made it to day 6 blast. 11/14 were PGS normal. We were so happy we trusted her to do a second cycle. I am currently 18w5d pregnant with my first transfer of our best quality female.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Patrice Cote)
Patrice is actually a PA, not a nurse. I felt she was very responsive to my concerns, extremely patient with me (my anxiety got the best of me during this process and she would spend a long time on the phone with me answering my giant lists of questions). She was compassionate and intelligent and I trusted her as much as I trusted the doctors.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is great. I actually have sent a friend there since I graduated, and I know several people who have successfully had babies at RMA, some after years of infertility with no success at other clinics. They are a large practice so you do see a lot of doctors, but all of the doctors at the Somerset office and the ones I met at Basking Ridge were all great. I especially loved Dr. Leo Doherty. He was kind and compassionate and has hands down the best bedside manner of any doctor I’ve ever met in my 29 years of life. The office staff is incredible, the nurses are all kind, and I LOVED the phlebotomist Richmond at Somerset. I was really sad to graduate. My OBGYN is great but the experience doesnt hold a candle to the one I had at RMA. I would recommend them over and over to anyone (and I do!)
Some days were busier than others with monitoring (Mondays and Fridays were busiest) but I learned the best times to go to avoid the rush, and I still felt like I was given enough time with the doctors. On weekends, we had to go a little further to the basking Ridge office because the Somerset office was closed, but the monitoring hours were longer on weekends at BR and I still felt like the wait wasn’t too bad.
My insurance covered IVF luckily, but PGS was out of pocket. We paid $2500 for up to 10 embryos, and then $125 per additional embryo (total $3250). We also had co-pays for visits and meds.
RMA strongly prefers eSET, frozen. Especially if you PGS test. I wasn’t given an option to transfer multiples, especially given my age and the fact that I have no miscarriage history. I’m happy with that decision as I am not sure I could handle twins.
2012 - 2016
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Treiser was more than satisfactory as my RE during my time with IVF NJ. I really can't complain about the care I received then. Each time a cycle failed, she had a plan going forward. She was flexible and allowed me to participate in planning the next steps.She can come across as a bit cool at times but like I mentioned previously, I didn't need hand holding, I needed results...
2012 - 2016
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Treiser tries to be somewhat personable. Shes pleasant but sticks to the facts with little hand holding.I didn't have any complaints regarding my care until the acquisition of IVF NJ by RMA NJ. RMA was strictly all business and they herded everyone around like cattle. They were almost rude to my husband and myself because we had to bring our twins for an appointment. They should make a waiting room for parents that's as comfortable as the main waiting area. My husband and the girls had to wait in a tiny room that was claustrophobic. One time I went for an appointment and waited an hour + to be called. RMA said they didn't realize that I was waiting. Despite signing in and saying good morning to everyone. There is absolutely no privacy at RMA. You get herded around with a group. There's maybe 6-8 women getting blood work at the same time. I had to STAND in a long corridor with at least 10 other women and some of their partners while waiting for an ultrasound. And you can hear everything through the doors.
When I was a patient at IVF NJ, the nurses were absolutely wonderful. I'm a nurse myself and I was really impressed with the job they did. They were professional but personable, on top of everything, and responded to an email, phone call or text within minutes. They made my two failed cycles easier to deal with and my successful one even more exciting and special. Once the clinics merged, the nurses began to leave. The nurses from RMA were ok but they weren't on top of things at all. Like I didn't realize I needed my annual mammography when I started my last cycle. They didn't even notice. IVF NJ wouldn't have allowed me to cycle. It took a long time for them to respond to email or messages. Sometimes not until the next day. Any procedure done at IVF NJ was made as pleasant as possible. The nurses, the RE's and the support staff were all really nice and your nurse would come to see you before your transfer. We even received a card after our first transfer from our nurse.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Overall the experience with RMA was not satisfactory and at times unpleasant. When my first cycle with them failed (an FET with embryos from a prior cycle at IVF NJ) the nurse implied that the embryos weren't up to RMA's standards. Ok.. I have twin girls and my baby boy from those crappy embryos. I'm considering cycling again with them next fall only because of Dr Treiser. I'm already dreading dealing with them again. (RMA) The billing department was fine. We've paid OOP for everything so the billing department was always nice to us, lol!
Somerset
Dr. Treiser took the time to actually sit and talk with me, and explained the process. She answered every question I had and was not intimidating to approach. She was very candid and honest. She was always willing to listen...Dr. Treiser is a great physician. She is extremely knowledgeable. At first she may seem a bit cold, but she really isn't. She is kind and compassionate and cares deeply about her patients. You can tell that she has a passion for her job and loves what she does. She is very candid and honest.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Other
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Make an appointment with her. She's terrific!
Dr. Treiser took the time to actually sit and talk with me, and explained the process. She answered every question I had and was not intimidating to approach. She was very candid and honest. She was always willing to listen. Infertility is a challenging diagnosis with a lot of emotions. Dr. Treiser was sad with me when things didn't go as planned and shared in my joy when I was pregnant finally. Initially, I was having twins, but lost one around 8 weeks. She was comforting and gentle and definitely went above and beyond to support me.
we did 3 IUI's and 2 rounds of IVF. Initially, I was on clomid, but I got visual effects, so I was switched to Femara. We had a sperm issue, so the iui didnt work. The first IVF yielded 2 good embryos (I have pcos, so even w a lot of eggs, they weren't all mature). We did a fresh transfer, but it didn't work. She changed the protocol to a feeeze all and added in HGH. I ended up with 4 embryos. Two were transferred and two were kept frozen (one was a 6 day embryo). The changes to the protocol (HGH and stimming for longer) yielded me more embryos. I did get some mild OHSS, but that was expected, hence we planned for a freeze all.
Some of the nurses were better than others. One nurse in particular made a huge difference for me. Her name was Susan L. And she was a blessing. IVFNJ is now merged with RMA, so the nursing staff is completely different now.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It is completely different from when I went, so this question doesn't pertain any longer.
If you went in early and beat the rush you got done fast. Certain people were better than others with the monitoring.
My insurance covered most things. I did have some bigger costs with meds, but overall it wasn't bad. When they merged with RMA, costs drastically went up. My storage fee when from $400 a year to $1,200 a year! Also, costs for every visit went up. RMA charges a co-pay for literally everything.
We transferred 2 each time. My first transfer did not implant, and I'm not sure why. With the second transfer, it was a frozen cycle and I also added in Accupuncture. Initially, I was pregnant with twins, but we lost one at 8 weeks. I would have been very happy with twins, but I do have a healthy almost 20 month old.
IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
In a 7 month span we saw Dr Treiser 3 times. This process isn’t personable it’s all about staying on task and doing what they suggest even if it cost thousands of dollars... She is knowledgeable but very absent in the process. She did not perform my retrieval, polyp removal or any other appt but was there for the transfer. Just more interaction with Dr Treiser and occasional phone call would have fostered a better connection.
IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Her frontline involvement in your process is minimal. Not to say she isn’t working behind the scene but you will not get a personal connection with her.
Retrieval follistim, and menopur 150 II for egg stimulation every night for 8 days and Pregnyl 10,000 USA for trigger. Blood work and UA every other day. 8 eggs retrieved 4 to blastocyst and 1 genetically normal and frozen for reciprocal ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Susan welgos)
Susan was straight forward and very good at keeping us on track. She would rush through instructions causing us to call back for clarification. We never both received the information so a lot of times things would get lost in translation
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Very organized...the process is well thought out to keep you on track...ivf is a very emotional process and no except the social worker (1 visit)plugged into the emotional aspect of it. They are well located in many areas of New Jersey they are convenient.
A lot of money!!!!! Total paid to RMA was approximately 16000 with insurance coverage for certain medical procedures
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
5 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
She was blunt, but caring at the same time... Dr. Treiser was the primary doctor behind my treatment plan, however I did not see her for monitoring appointments.
5 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Treiser was the primary doctor behind my treatment plan, however I did not see her for monitoring appointments. She did perform my transfer. As it is a large clinic, many doctors were seen throughout my treatment. I was assigned a coordinator, who acted as the go between between myself and Dr. Treiser.
She is not the most warm and fuzzy person, but she knows what she is doing!
Dr. Treiser is very professional, but clearly wants the best for her patients. She was blunt, but caring at the same time. This is clearly her field of expertise, but she still tried to connect with us on a personal level during our visits. Since the birth of my children, she has personally reached out to me to check in.
I don't recall specifics. The egg donor cycle was successful, but my previous estrogen priming protocol had resulted in embryos that did not make it to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Domenica Abramo)
Domenica held my hand throughout the entire donor egg process. She calmed me down when I was a nervous wreck and she celebrated the milestones with me. Domenica promptly responded to all of my requests (Even emailed me back on New Year's Eve)! She was compassionate and reassuring throughout the entire process.
Monitoring appointments in Hamilton were during a window of time, but patients were typically moved in and out fairly quickly.
Fortunately, I had great health insurance. I was responsible for the fee for the donor, medications and copays.
Hamilton
2013
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
She [Dr. Treiser] is very direct and gives quality information. She came in herself to do my second embryo transfer (after first failed) and we were successful on that second try. She seemed to care about results. Always answered by questions. I did a lot of research about immunosuppressive therapies and while she admitted she didn't necessarily agree with what another doctor told me, she listened and gave her opinion and didn't make me feel crazy...
2013
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
She is very direct and gives quality information. She came in herself to do my second embryo transfer (after first failed) and we were successful on that second try. She seemed to care about results. Always answered by questions. I did a lot of research about immunosuppressive therapies and while she admitted she didn't necessarily agree with what another doctor told me, she listened and gave her opinion and didn't make me feel crazy.
She may not be very warm and fuzzy, but she is smart and caring and will do everything she can to get you results.
I felt the treatment was more tailored to me as a person than just giving me the same plan that she gives to all her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jill Kerwin)
My primary nurse was the most amazing, caring person. I really felt like she cared. She answered all of my questions, no matter how many or how big or small. She was great over email and on the phone. Always got back to me very quickly. The rest of the nursing staff were also wonderful--those seen during procedures were attentive and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Smaller than some other clinics I went to prior.I felt less like a number. However, this clinic was not RMA when I went. They were still IVF-NJ. I am not sure how this clinic is operating today.
2006 - 2010
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Dr. Treiser responded to emails quickly and completely. She was caring, and wanted to make sure our expectations were met and our anxieties talked about. We were fortunate that that our one transfer was successful...It's [RMA of New Jersey] a very large practice, and it's probably possible to get lost in it if you make a wrong turn anywhere along the way. It's important to take responsibility for your care there, just in case someone drops the ball. On the flip side, because it's so large, they have access to anything you would need.
2006 - 2010
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
There are probably many great doctors at RMA NJ, so it's important to rely on your instinct when choosing one to work with.
Dr. Treiser was professional, warm, and direct. She explained everything clearly, and encouraged us to contact her for any reason. The staff at the clinic backed her up successfully.
It's been nine years, so I don't recall.
We never had an issue with the nurses. They treated our surrogate very well, even though she didn't have a single nurse she communicated with.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It's a very large practice, and it's probably possible to get lost in it if you make a wrong turn anywhere along the way. It's important to take responsibility for your care there, just in case someone drops the ball. On the flip side, because it's so large, they have access to anything you would need.
Our surrogate's health insurance covered many of the costs. But it's been too long to remember the exact amounts required.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. Treiser is a very caring, involved doctor...My experience as her patient was positive, aside from the fact that the treatment hasn't worked so far, though I was apprised of this in advance. I have always felt that she cares very much, was involved in the treatment and was trying to get the best results...ask as many questions as you have and don't be afraid to do so...The nursing staff [at RMA] is overall good and professional. I have no complaints.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
My advice is not specific to her, just in general, ask as many questions as you have and don't be afraid to do so.
Dr. Treiser is a very caring, involved doctor.
I don't remember specifics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Christine Helbo)
The nursing staff is overall good and professional. I have no complaints.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
My biggest critique would be the on call answering service. Whenever I call, I am always asked if I am pregnant, which I find absurd and hurtful. One of the on call doctors is also pretty terse/short, which is unnerving mid cycle.
It was fine, but some days it got backed up and there was something of a wait. I would imagine that could happen anywhere, though.
There were monitoring visit costs, doc visit costs, and costs for each treatment.
Somerset
We did a mock transfer and I'm so glad we did. It was difficult so she [Dr. Susan Treiser] dilated my cervix. She had me come in with no appointment needed for a second mock to make sure it worked. I truly think this helped ensure the transfer was successful. I was so tense during the mock that she recommended valium for the day of. She made sure she would have no issues for transfer day. My husband had extremely low sperm count (single digits) so we froze several vials and it was successful. We had a backup plan just in case that was not successful day of.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
We did a mock transfer and I'm so glad we did. It was difficult so she dilated my cervix. She had me come in with no appointment needed for a second mock to make sure it worked. I truly think this helped ensure the transfer was successful. I was so tense during the mock that she recommended valium for the day of. She made sure she would have no issues for transfer day. My husband had extremely low sperm count (single digits) so we froze several vials and it was successful. We had a backup plan just in case that was not successful day of.
Go with her
She was nice, to the point. Bedside manner OK. Very professional
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer )
Very responsive
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Early monitoring appointments. Many locations and doctors. Nurses emailed, very responsive . Good live birth rates. Thorough testing. Would recommend. Friendly staff. Easy to get appointments. From when I called to egg retrieval it was less than 2 months.
Efficient. Early morning
CCS testing. $4500 Sperm freeze $1000
IVF, Donor Eggs
More professional than nice, but she is really talented at what she does... Prepare & ask questions.... she will answer you but may not tell you everything.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
She was very professional and nice. More professional than nice, but she is really talented at what she does. You there to make a baby, not make a best friend....I would go to her again & would definitely recommend her to others.
Prepare & ask questions....she will answer you but may not tell you everything. I learned that being as relaxed about the process can make a difference. Meaning, on the day of your transfer, do you best & whatever it takes to keep relaxed & to not worry...a relaxed recipient helps the implantation.
when Dr Trieser owned IVFNJ the entire staff were personable and nice. You felt they were routing for you.
lovenox, POI, estrogen...