5.5

Susan Treiser works at

81 Veronica Avenue
Somerset, NJ 08873
732-220-9060

We did ivf [with Dr. Treiser] because of low morphology. I was on Gonal-F amongst other injections for egg retrieval. We used ICSI and did pgs testing recommended by the doctor because of my husbands genes...I only saw her twice during my treatment she was nice. She gave me hope but things didn't turn out how she thought they would. I was given no explanation as to why most of my embryos didn't make it. Just simply that they didn't.
I started the journey [at RMA of New Jersey] assigned to one nurse a month or so into the process when I tried calling her I was told by the front office staff that she no longer worked there. My new nurse seemed to come in and throw a bunch of things at me that the other one never mentioned. I could never get her on the phone when I called but she would always return my voicemails. Sometimes she would give me all my numbers from bloodwork and sometimes she wouldn't.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Do your research ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
I was treated good but felt like they could have explained things better as the process went along.
Describe the protocols Susan Treiser used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
We did ivf because of low morphology. I was on Gonal-F amongst other injections for egg retrieval. We used ICSI and did pgs testing recommended by the doctor because of my husbands genes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
I started the journey assigned to one nurse a month or so into the process when I tried calling her I was told by the front office staff that she no longer worked there. My new nurse seemed to come in and throw a bunch of things at me that the other one never mentioned. I could never get her on the phone when I called but she would always return my voicemails. Sometimes she would give me all my numbers from bloodwork and sometimes she wouldn't.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
They are supposedly one of the highest rated clinics with the most pregnancies and highest babies born. My one and only surviving embryo didn't make it to transfer. So I can't comment on that. The monitoring hours were from 6am to 8am to accommodate working schedules. I start at 6:50am so sometimes it was a little tight for me but they were always pretty fast first thing in the morning.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
It worked out for me because I tried to be one of the first ones there when it opened so it always went pretty quick. I went one time maybe an hour or so later and there were a lot of people there but even so didn't have to wait in the waiting room for too long.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey.
Our insurance covered $15,000 but on top of that we paid $15,300 out of pocket including medicines (over $8,000 one time and the rest was split up) up front before we could continue.
Describe Susan Treiser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
I was told they only transfer one embryo at a time because its safer and less risks.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
My nurse was away for a week so another nurse called me with blood levels. She told me my estrogen was a certain number when my nurse came back she told me a much lower number. When I asked about it I found out the other nurse told me the wrong number. Also, my first nurse said my initial bloodwork came back good but when the second nurse came in she saw something else that required further testing.
Somerset

In a 7 month span we saw Dr Treiser 3 times. This process isn’t personable it’s all about staying on task and doing what they suggest even if it cost thousands of dollars... She is knowledgeable but very absent in the process. She did not perform my retrieval, polyp removal or any other appt but was there for the transfer. Just more interaction with Dr Treiser and occasional phone call would have fostered a better connection.
[RMA of NJ is] Very organized...the process is well thought out to keep you on track...ivf is a very emotional process and no except the social worker (1 visit)plugged into the emotional aspect of it. They are well located in many areas of New Jersey they are convenient.... Susan [nurse] was straight forward and very good at keeping us on track. She would rush through instructions causing us to call back for clarification. We never both received the information so a lot of times things would get lost in translation
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Her frontline involvement in your process is minimal. Not to say she isn’t working behind the scene but you will not get a personal connection with her.
Retrieval follistim, and menopur 150 II for egg stimulation every night for 8 days and Pregnyl 10,000 USA for trigger. Blood work and UA every other day. 8 eggs retrieved 4 to blastocyst and 1 genetically normal and frozen for reciprocal ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Susan welgos)
Susan was straight forward and very good at keeping us on track. She would rush through instructions causing us to call back for clarification. We never both received the information so a lot of times things would get lost in translation
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
A lot of money!!!!! Total paid to RMA was approximately 16000 with insurance coverage for certain medical procedures
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
Waiting for meds at the pharmacy after being told by my nurse they were called in. Having to call on call doctor which resulted in a 2 hr wait to get the meds that night to start treatment
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Treisser called me a handful of times to personally provide lab results and discuss further plans. She was available when I had unexpected problems. She failed to see if I knew my blood type and had me go to the emergency room for bleeding.... After a chemical pregnancy of two embryos, an ERA was performed which provided helpful data about the protocol. Double embryo transfer was done twice resulting in one healthy baby.
Clinic [RMA of New Jersey] seems thorough and professional. They can take awhile to return messages and getting through to someone can take time too. Overall, my experience was ok but they were not helpful in finding me a local monitoring clinic.... My nurse often called to provide information, results, and instructions but I preferred the information emailed to me. She did not usually provide specific numbers but told me things looked good.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Review your records for accuracy.
She called me numerous times to discuss concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Carolyn Collins)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Clinic seems thorough and professional. They can take awhile to return messages and getting through to someone can take time too. Overall, my experience was ok but they were not helpful in finding me a local monitoring clinic.
My doctor was fairly adamant about transferring two embryos to increase the chances of a baby for the parents. She did not really discuss the risks with me, but the risks were in my records.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
I knew my blood type was positive but the doctor ordered a rho-gan shot for me because my chart said it was negative.
Basking Ridge

Dr. Treiser is a very caring, involved doctor...My experience as her patient was positive, aside from the fact that the treatment hasn't worked so far, though I was apprised of this in advance. I have always felt that she cares very much, was involved in the treatment and was trying to get the best results...ask as many questions as you have and don't be afraid to do so...The nursing staff [at RMA] is overall good and professional. I have no complaints.
My biggest critique [at RMA] would be the on call answering service. Whenever I call, I am always asked if I am pregnant, which I find absurd and hurtful. One of the on call doctors is also pretty terse/short, which is unnerving mid cycle...The nursing staff is overall good and professional. I have no complaints...some days it got backed up and there was something of a wait...There were monitoring visit costs, doc visit costs, and costs for each treatment.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
My advice is not specific to her, just in general, ask as many questions as you have and don't be afraid to do so.
Dr. Treiser is a very caring, involved doctor.
I don't remember specifics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Christine Helbo)
The nursing staff is overall good and professional. I have no complaints.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
My biggest critique would be the on call answering service. Whenever I call, I am always asked if I am pregnant, which I find absurd and hurtful. One of the on call doctors is also pretty terse/short, which is unnerving mid cycle.
It was fine, but some days it got backed up and there was something of a wait. I would imagine that could happen anywhere, though.