5.5

Susan Treiser works at

81 Veronica Avenue
Somerset, NJ 08873
732-220-9060

I like how she [Dr. Treiser] was honest. We already had our diagnosis going into consultation. We saw her as a second opinion and ending up choosing her for treatment. Both doctors recommended the same course of treatment. However, I felt she had more experience and preferred this clinic to the other one....Started out on 225 IU Follistim & 75 IU Menopur every night. Follicles are not growing very fast. Depending on bloodwork she may increase my medication dosage tonight (Day 6) will find out this afternoon.
Pros- Great statistics, know what they're doing. They [RMA of New Jersey] also have experience with my husbands diagnosis (retrograde ejaculation) which is pretty rare. Our previous clinic did not seem to know as much. Con- They are very large. Some call it a baby factory. However I find comfort in knowing they see a lot of different cases and can react appropriately.... My nurse is very blunt. I would prefer her to be a little more positive, but I guess she is trying to stay realistic.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
I like how she was honest. We already had our diagnosis going into consultation. We saw her as a second opinion and ending up choosing her for treatment. Both doctors recommended the same course of treatment. However, I felt she had more experience and preferred this clinic to the other one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Be aware that there is a lot of waiting involved in the process. Not like in the waiting room, but to make appointment, get a schedule, etc. if pursuing IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
It's definitely a larger clinic, so I cannot say every time I went in for monitoring I felt like a human. However, during every one-on-one with doctor (and even when I saw my doctor for monitoring) I felt better informed and treated as a person.
Describe the protocols Susan Treiser used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Cathy Ovacz)
My nurse is very blunt. I would prefer her to be a little more positive, but I guess she is trying to stay realistic. The other doctors/nurses seem a bit more positive though. She is thorough with information. I wish she would have showed me in person re: the injections instead of sending me videos.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Pros- Great statistics, know what they're doing. They also have experience with my husbands diagnosis (retrograde ejaculation) which is pretty rare. Our previous clinic did not seem to know as much. Con- They are very large. Some call it a baby factory. However I find comfort in knowing they see a lot of different cases and can react appropriately.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey.
About 15,000 for egg retrieval, and a FET is approximately 4,500
Describe Susan Treiser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
She has a strong preference of single embryo transfer. She will only do multiples in rare cases.
Somerset

Dr. Treiser understood that I have an anxiety disorder, so she would be very frank with me and give me numbers, percentages, etc when she could, because that made me feel more in control/like I knew what to expect. When we had bad news, she would call me herself rather than letting the nurse call me. ... I felt Dr. Treiser was very candid and forthcoming, and worked with me to find the best way to treat both my infertility and manage my anxiety about the process. I trusted her and felt she absolutely knew what she was doing.
They [RMA] are a large practice so you do see a lot of doctors, but all of the doctors at the Somerset office and the ones I met at Basking Ridge were all great. I especially loved Dr. Leo Doherty. He was kind and compassionate and has hands down the best bedside manner of any doctor I’ve ever met in my 29 years of life. The office staff is incredible, the nurses are all kind, and I LOVED the phlebotomist Richmond at Somerset. I was really sad to graduate. My OBGYN is great but the experience doesnt hold a candle to the one I had at RMA. I would recommend them over and over to anyone (and I do!)
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
I felt Dr. Treiser was very candid and forthcoming, and worked with me to find the best way to treat both my infertility and manage my anxiety about the process. I trusted her and felt she absolutely knew what she was doing. I was very happy with her, although she was not my favorite doctor at the Somerset office.
She isn’t the warmest doctor at RMA but she does care, and she is extremely knowledgeable. Be honest about what you need from her and she will do her best to meet those needs and make your process easier.
Dr. Treiser understood that I have an anxiety disorder, so she would be very frank with me and give me numbers, percentages, etc when she could, because that made me feel more in control/like I knew what to expect. When we had bad news, she would call me herself rather than letting the nurse call me. She also was the one to call us when we had good news as well. After my retrievals and transfer (done by Dr. Leo Doherty because of how the schedule fell), she called to check on me and see how I was doing. Also, after I was no longer a patient, I reached out to her about results on my first trimester screen to ask her opinion and she called me back the same day, and asked me to keep her updated. When I emailed her the results of my subsequent NIPT screening, she emailed me back the same day.
My first cycle was a typical antagonist protocol because I have PCOS. They expected me to overproduce so they started me on lower doses. However, my body wasn’t responding in the way they had expected. I produced 19 eggs, 16 mature, 12 fertilized with ICSI, and only 2 survived to 6-day blast. Luckily both were PGS normal but Dr. Treiser encouraged us to let her try another cycle to see if we could get better results and bank more, higher quality embryos since we do want more than one child. Our insurance covers IVF and allows banking so we decided to do a second cycle. We did a Lupron down-regulation protocol the second time. Dr. Treiser felt she had learned about my body in the first cycle and that with the Lupron cycle, she could have more control over how my body would react. We retrieved 24 eggs, 21 mature, 19 fertilized, and 14 made it to day 6 blast. 11/14 were PGS normal. We were so happy we trusted her to do a second cycle. I am currently 18w5d pregnant with my first transfer of our best quality female.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Patrice Cote)
Patrice is actually a PA, not a nurse. I felt she was very responsive to my concerns, extremely patient with me (my anxiety got the best of me during this process and she would spend a long time on the phone with me answering my giant lists of questions). She was compassionate and intelligent and I trusted her as much as I trusted the doctors.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA is great. I actually have sent a friend there since I graduated, and I know several people who have successfully had babies at RMA, some after years of infertility with no success at other clinics. They are a large practice so you do see a lot of doctors, but all of the doctors at the Somerset office and the ones I met at Basking Ridge were all great. I especially loved Dr. Leo Doherty. He was kind and compassionate and has hands down the best bedside manner of any doctor I’ve ever met in my 29 years of life. The office staff is incredible, the nurses are all kind, and I LOVED the phlebotomist Richmond at Somerset. I was really sad to graduate. My OBGYN is great but the experience doesnt hold a candle to the one I had at RMA. I would recommend them over and over to anyone (and I do!)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
Some days were busier than others with monitoring (Mondays and Fridays were busiest) but I learned the best times to go to avoid the rush, and I still felt like I was given enough time with the doctors. On weekends, we had to go a little further to the basking Ridge office because the Somerset office was closed, but the monitoring hours were longer on weekends at BR and I still felt like the wait wasn’t too bad.
My insurance covered IVF luckily, but PGS was out of pocket. We paid $2500 for up to 10 embryos, and then $125 per additional embryo (total $3250). We also had co-pays for visits and meds.
RMA strongly prefers eSET, frozen. Especially if you PGS test. I wasn’t given an option to transfer multiples, especially given my age and the fact that I have no miscarriage history. I’m happy with that decision as I am not sure I could handle twins.

2012 - 2016, Successful
Dr Treiser was more than satisfactory as my RE during my time with IVF NJ. I really can't complain about the care I received then. Each time a cycle failed, she had a plan going forward. She was flexible and allowed me to participate in planning the next steps.She can come across as a bit cool at times but like I mentioned previously, I didn't need hand holding, I needed results...
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Treiser tries to be somewhat personable. Shes pleasant but sticks to the facts with little hand holding.I didn't have any complaints regarding my care until the acquisition of IVF NJ by RMA NJ. RMA was strictly all business and they herded everyone around like cattle. They were almost rude to my husband and myself because we had to bring our twins for an appointment. They should make a waiting room for parents that's as comfortable as the main waiting area. My husband and the girls had to wait in a tiny room that was claustrophobic. One time I went for an appointment and waited an hour + to be called. RMA said they didn't realize that I was waiting. Despite signing in and saying good morning to everyone. There is absolutely no privacy at RMA. You get herded around with a group. There's maybe 6-8 women getting blood work at the same time. I had to STAND in a long corridor with at least 10 other women and some of their partners while waiting for an ultrasound. And you can hear everything through the doors.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New Jersey.
When I was a patient at IVF NJ, the nurses were absolutely wonderful. I'm a nurse myself and I was really impressed with the job they did. They were professional but personable, on top of everything, and responded to an email, phone call or text within minutes. They made my two failed cycles easier to deal with and my successful one even more exciting and special. Once the clinics merged, the nurses began to leave. The nurses from RMA were ok but they weren't on top of things at all. Like I didn't realize I needed my annual mammography when I started my last cycle. They didn't even notice. IVF NJ wouldn't have allowed me to cycle. It took a long time for them to respond to email or messages. Sometimes not until the next day. Any procedure done at IVF NJ was made as pleasant as possible. The nurses, the RE's and the support staff were all really nice and your nurse would come to see you before your transfer. We even received a card after our first transfer from our nurse.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Overall the experience with RMA was not satisfactory and at times unpleasant. When my first cycle with them failed (an FET with embryos from a prior cycle at IVF NJ) the nurse implied that the embryos weren't up to RMA's standards. Ok.. I have twin girls and my baby boy from those crappy embryos. I'm considering cycling again with them next fall only because of Dr Treiser. I'm already dreading dealing with them again. (RMA) The billing department was fine. We've paid OOP for everything so the billing department was always nice to us, lol!

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Treiser] is compassionate and empathetic, but a little blunt and to the point. She was always available to me if I had any questions and was willing to hear me out and explain fully our treatment options. Great bedside manners too. ... After my miscarriage we moved into injectables with and without trigger, depending on my schedule and my cycle. We’ve also done timed intercourse with trigger shot and letrozole. Several cycles I was also put on progesterone to assist.
Strengths [of RMA of New Jersey] - definitely the staff. Super friendly and optimistic, all across the board, from the front desk to the nurses and doctors to the lab. Weaknesses - sometimes it’s a bit of a wait, but it is well worth it. ... Caring and empathetic. She thoroughly explained everything I needed to understand and was compassionate towards me and all of my questions and concerns that I had during my cycles. She also checked in when I wasn’t in cycle.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
She is compassionate and empathetic, but a little blunt and to the point. She was always available to me if I had any questions and was willing to hear me out and explain fully our treatment options. Great bedside manners too.
Ask a lot of questions and explore all of your options. She is willing to take the time out to explain every detail to you, so take advantage of that.
Dr Treiser would personally call me when I had questions/issues. She was readily available when needed.
Started with clomid, but this thinned my lining too much. Moved to Letrozole, with trigger. After my miscarriage we moved into injectables with and without trigger, depending on my schedule and my cycle. We’ve also done timed intercourse with trigger shot and letrozole. Several cycles I was also put on progesterone to assist.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Christine Pierman )
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strengths - definitely the staff. Super friendly and optimistic, all across the board, from the front desk to the nurses and doctors to the lab. Weaknesses - sometimes it’s a bit of a wait, but it is well worth it.
Insurance covered 80% of my IUIs resulting in an out of pocket cost of less than $2000.
Somerset

We did a mock transfer and I'm so glad we did. It was difficult so she [Dr. Susan Treiser] dilated my cervix. She had me come in with no appointment needed for a second mock to make sure it worked. I truly think this helped ensure the transfer was successful. I was so tense during the mock that she recommended valium for the day of. She made sure she would have no issues for transfer day. My husband had extremely low sperm count (single digits) so we froze several vials and it was successful. We had a backup plan just in case that was not successful day of.
[RMA of NJ-Somerset has] Early monitoring appointments. Many locations and doctors. Nurses emailed, very responsive . Good live birth rates. Thorough testing. Would recommend. Friendly staff. Easy to get appointments. From when I called to egg retrieval it was less than 2 months.... CCS testing. $4500 Sperm freeze $1000
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
We did a mock transfer and I'm so glad we did. It was difficult so she dilated my cervix. She had me come in with no appointment needed for a second mock to make sure it worked. I truly think this helped ensure the transfer was successful. I was so tense during the mock that she recommended valium for the day of. She made sure she would have no issues for transfer day. My husband had extremely low sperm count (single digits) so we froze several vials and it was successful. We had a backup plan just in case that was not successful day of.
Go with her
She was nice, to the point. Bedside manner OK. Very professional
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer )
Very responsive
Efficient. Early morning
CCS testing. $4500 Sperm freeze $1000
Somerset

I was at the beginning of my journey so she [Dr. Susan Treiser] told me the treatment was conservative and we would see how i responded...Dr. Treiser was professional and explained what I needed to know about the procedure and my condition. She was skilled in understanding how my condition would effect fertility and was detailed in giving me what I needed to know about how to proceed medically...
The front desk staff [at RMA of New Jersey- Somerset] was not polite or understanding at all. They were actually rude to a patient that I was in the waiting room with. The billing staff didn't like questions and the whole front office staff was difficult to deal with...The nursing staff was not memorable. I saw a different one each time and had very limited interaction with them...Avoid her office staff as much as possible.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Avoid her office staff as much as possible.
I was at the beginning of my journey so she told me the treatment was conservative and we would see how i responded.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New Jersey.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The front desk staff was not polite or understanding at all. They were actually rude to a patient that I was in the waiting room with. The billing staff didn't like questions and the whole front office staff was difficult to deal with.
I didn't research the costs before I went but I have great insurance so my out of pocket costs were minimal.
None
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New Jersey?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New Jersey.
General rudeness from the office staff.
Somerset
Dr. Treiser was familiar with my history and addressed my problems personally. I felt as though I was understood and being cared for.... When I went through my miscarriage she personally to apologize and give me all of the details of my next steps (D&C, naturally or pills). She checked in with me several times after my procedure as well. I do wish I would have seen her more, as we are rotated through doctors for early morning monitoring....She answered all of my questions quickly and efficiently and was very transparent.
The clinic [RMA of New Jersey] is clean and organized. The lab is quick and gentle. The doctors are all great with great bedside manners. They take the time to speak with you, answer questions, and show empathy and compassion. The only weakness is the office is on the smaller side and sometimes you have to travel to another office for monitoring if they aren’t open on the weekends....Everyone in the entire office is friendly, nurturing, understanding and they clearly communicate with you every detail.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
She treated me in a personal manner and understood my history. She was very caring and has great bedside manner. When I went through my miscarriage she personally to apologize and give me all of the details of my next steps (D&C, naturally or pills). She checked in with me several times after my procedure as well. I do wish I would have seen her more, as we are rotated through doctors for early morning monitoring. She answered all of my questions quickly and efficiently and was very transparent. Even her office was quick to respond. She is respectful and friendly, and clearly always has our best interest at heart. Wonderful doctor all around!
Don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions. Ask for clarity, email and call, because they will take the time you need to answer all of your questions and to ensure you understand fully.
We started with clomid, and IUI. It unfortunately did not work so we moved on to another hormone medication. She wanted me to do medicated IUIs because of my husband’s sperm quality. My fourth IUI worked, but unfortunately I miscarried several weeks later. They had me in every 2-3 days for ultrasounds to monitor the baby. From then we have had a few more medicated IUIs but none have worked, with my last cycle being an injectable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
Everyone in the entire office is friendly, nurturing, understanding and they clearly communicate with you every detail. The follow up to my million emails and questions have been outstanding.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
The clinic is clean and organized. The lab is quick and gentle. The doctors are all great with great bedside manners. They take the time to speak with you, answer questions, and show empathy and compassion. The only weakness is the office is on the smaller side and sometimes you have to travel to another office for monitoring if they aren’t open on the weekends.
Most of my care was covered through my insurance by 80%.