5.5

Susan Treiser works at

81 Veronica Avenue
Somerset, NJ 08873
732-220-9060

I didn’t see her [Dr. Susan Treiser] much, but she answered all my questions and went over treatment protocol thoroughly. She called me to personally deliver good and bad news. I didn’t mind having egg retrievals done by other doctors, but I liked that she was the one who did my embryo transfer...She will answer everything and always call you back if it’s something your nurse can’t answer.
Morning monitoring can be busy [at RMA of NJ - Somerset] so make sure you have the time to wait...They’re very organized and clean. Every doctor and nurse I came into contact with was great...[nurse was] Organized, communicative, responsive, compassionate, always kept me in the loop. Fantastic experience
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
I didn’t see her much, but she answered all my questions and went over treatment protocol thoroughly. She called me to personally deliver good and bad news. I didn’t mind having egg retrievals done by other doctors, but I liked that she was the one who did my embryo transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
She could be brief at times so if you have additional questions or want more clarification, don’t hesitate to ask. She will answer everything and always call you back if it’s something your nurse can’t answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
She called me personally with both good and bad news
Describe the protocols Susan Treiser used in your cycles at RMA of New Jersey and their degree of success.
1 microdose Lupron and added in Follistim and menopur. 3 cycles beginning with clomid and added in Follistim and Menopur. All resulted in around 11-12 eggs retrieved, most would fertilize, but I was having trouble reaching blastocyst stage and then getting chromosomally normal blasts. The last cycle all 5 blasts came back normal and first transfer was successful. Clomid seemed to help boost the follicles and maybe the coq10 I was taking kicked in by the end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Patrice Cote )
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Morning monitoring can be busy so make sure you have the time to wait. It was amazing they stayed open during Covid when a lot of places closed and canceled cycles. They’re very organized and clean. Every doctor and nurse I came into contact with was great.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New Jersey.
Sometimes busy and crowded with a long wait, but early so people can go to work on time
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey.
Insurance covered most routine care, but not procedures and cryopreservation, genetic testing. It covered some medication costs, but there were out of pocket costs for that too. I probably spent at least $10k
Describe Susan Treiser's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New Jersey.
Always recommend eSET

2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Treiser was very warm and compassionate, listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions. She was great and so supportive throughout the whole process. I started out with another doctor (who since retired) and worked with her moving forward. I chose her specifically because she was the one who ended up doing my transfer. I loved her and her personality, and just felt like she would be the right doctor moving forward.
Joyce Maloney [a nurse at RMA-Somerset] is the most AMAZING nurse... I am SO lucky that I was assigned to her caseload. She is the best... so organized, detailed, compassionate and always followed through. She always called me in a timely fashion with my personal results and thorough directions of what to do next. I wish everyone would have the same experience with their nurse.... The Somerset office has a smaller waiting room, so sometimes it was standing room only.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Choose her! She has been doing this for so many years and has great experience!
Dr. Treiser made me feel like a human, as she was very warm, listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions. She was great and so supportive.
I don't remember any protocols specifically.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Joyce Maloney)
Joyce Maloney is the most AMAZING nurse... I am SO lucky that I was assigned to her caseload. She is the best... so organized, detailed, compassionate and always followed through. She always called me in a timely fashion with my personal results and thorough directions of what to do next. I wish everyone would have the same experience with their nurse.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
A huge strength is how organized they are. Everyone has a job to do and they do it flawlessly, following up with everyone to ensure their treatment moves forward as quickly and seamlessly as possible.
The Somerset office has a smaller waiting room, so sometimes it was standing room only. With that said, they were very good about getting people in and out, so there really wasn't much waiting around. I usually had to be there by 7:30am, which were the monitoring hours. It wasn't a problem for me because it was on my way to work, but that will be challenging next time with a toddler that has to go to daycare (in the opposite direction).
We did owe co-pays during certain visits, but I was very lucky that insurance covered most of our treatment and medicine.
Somerset
I am an older patient (over 40). She never expressed any negativity towards me like other doctors did... I'm not sure anything Dr. Treiser is doing in my situation is particularly novel...any time I have specifically wanted to directly speak with my doctor Susan Treiser, I have been pleasantly surprised with how quickly and pleasantly she calls me back and speaks at length with me about whatever I want to talk to her about
RMA-NJ is like clockwork...I wish they would do day-3 embryo transfer, they will only transfer day 5's. That said, they have great PGS testing, it's CCS testing and provides a "normal, mosaic, or abnormal" rating... just wished they would have monitoring hours after 8am. I have to get up super early for the appointments as I live far away....[nurse] Jordanna is sweet, humorous, and always gets back to me the same da
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
I have read about other doctors at RMA-NJ trying novel treatments and I'm not sure anything Dr. Treiser is doing in my situation is particularly novel, but then again, it may be that I have not needed anything novel because I am having good success with the current treatment. Dr. Treiser is easy to talk to and easy to get ahold of and explains everything thoroughly that I ask her about so that I'm not concerned about my questions anymore.
Dr. Treiser can seem a bit quiet at times but if you ask her all your questions and concerns, she will be very kind and talk to you about everything.
RMA-NJ is very factory-like in that you just show up at any of their clinics on the days that you are to be monitored and whoever is working there that day does your monitoring. I like that they at least list the names of the doctors on the schedule so I can go to the clinics with the doctors I feel most comfortable with. Generally all communication runs through one's assigned nurse by email and by phone messages, but any time I have specifically wanted to directly speak with my doctor Susan Treiser, I have been pleasantly surprised with how quickly and pleasantly she calls me back and speaks at length with me about whatever I want to talk to her about. She has also called me, instead of having the nurse contact me, at key junctures in my treatment, and she is always the one to talk with me after retrieval and every step along the way in regards to embryo development and testing. There have been tests and medications I have read about and when I bring up a test or a medication adjustment I am wondering about, she has always had good information for me and seems to like talking with me, and has been open to my ideas and suggestions where appropriate.
I am an older patient (over 40). She never expressed any negativity towards me like other doctors did. I had good AMH, LH/FSH, and many follicles showing on initial visit. She started me on 300 Follistim/Gonal, 150 menopur, then added in Ganirelex a few days later, and then a lupron trigger with an HCG shot. We had very good results with this so it was definitely a good call I think.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jordanna)
Jordanna is sweet, humorous, and always gets back to me the same day.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
RMA-NJ is like clockwork. You feel like you've joined some sort of elite fitness club or something, because you can take your "membership" and show up at any of their offices each morning for monitoring and they know who you are and treat you like a valued participant. I wish they would do day-3 embryo transfer, they will only transfer day 5's. That said, they have great PGS testing, it's CCS testing and provides a "normal, mosaic, or abnormal" rating. They will allow transfer of normals and mosaics if you had PGS testing. They have a few different financing options for folks like me who don't have insurance. Their embryology department is amazing. I had to have ICSI done and it worked very well. Their frozen embryo statistics are stellar and are one of the reasons I choose RMA-NJ. All weekday monitoring happens between 6 and 8 in the morning, weekend they are open until 10am. I wish they had later hours.
Efficient, well-oiled machine, where you feel special and like part of an elite club of patients. I just wished they would have monitoring hours after 8am. I have to get up super early for the appointments as I live far away.
IVF with ICSI at RMA is normally roughly 20000 a cycle without insurance. I got a package with ARC (financing that RMA offers) for 3 cycles with ICSI and 6 transfers, for roughly 40000 financed. They also have an interesting setup for PGS testing where you pay to "buy in" to a package of 10 embryos tested for roughly $4000 where those 10 embryos can be all in one cycle or if not used, spills over to subsequent cycles.
Dr. Treiser and I discussed MY research on transfering embryos and what I thought was best (freeze all, multiple cycles, then transfer one at a time) and she agreed with my sense of where to go.

2014, Successful
Dr. Treiser took the time to actually sit and talk with me, and explained the process. She answered every question I had and was not intimidating to approach. She was very candid and honest. She was always willing to listen...Dr. Treiser is a great physician. She is extremely knowledgeable. At first she may seem a bit cold, but she really isn't. She is kind and compassionate and cares deeply about her patients. You can tell that she has a passion for her job and loves what she does. She is very candid and honest.
Some of the nurses [at RMA] were better than others. One nurse in particular made a huge difference for me...If you went in early and beat the rush you got done fast. Certain people were better than others with the monitoring...When they merged...costs drastically went up. My storage fee when from $400 a year to $1,200 a year! Also, costs for every visit went up. RMA charges a co-pay for literally everything.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Make an appointment with her. She's terrific!
Dr. Treiser took the time to actually sit and talk with me, and explained the process. She answered every question I had and was not intimidating to approach. She was very candid and honest. She was always willing to listen. Infertility is a challenging diagnosis with a lot of emotions. Dr. Treiser was sad with me when things didn't go as planned and shared in my joy when I was pregnant finally. Initially, I was having twins, but lost one around 8 weeks. She was comforting and gentle and definitely went above and beyond to support me.
we did 3 IUI's and 2 rounds of IVF. Initially, I was on clomid, but I got visual effects, so I was switched to Femara. We had a sperm issue, so the iui didnt work. The first IVF yielded 2 good embryos (I have pcos, so even w a lot of eggs, they weren't all mature). We did a fresh transfer, but it didn't work. She changed the protocol to a feeeze all and added in HGH. I ended up with 4 embryos. Two were transferred and two were kept frozen (one was a 6 day embryo). The changes to the protocol (HGH and stimming for longer) yielded me more embryos. I did get some mild OHSS, but that was expected, hence we planned for a freeze all.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New Jersey.
Some of the nurses were better than others. One nurse in particular made a huge difference for me. Her name was Susan L. And she was a blessing. IVFNJ is now merged with RMA, so the nursing staff is completely different now.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
It is completely different from when I went, so this question doesn't pertain any longer.
My insurance covered most things. I did have some bigger costs with meds, but overall it wasn't bad. When they merged with RMA, costs drastically went up. My storage fee when from $400 a year to $1,200 a year! Also, costs for every visit went up. RMA charges a co-pay for literally everything.
We transferred 2 each time. My first transfer did not implant, and I'm not sure why. With the second transfer, it was a frozen cycle and I also added in Accupuncture. Initially, I was pregnant with twins, but we lost one at 8 weeks. I would have been very happy with twins, but I do have a healthy almost 20 month old.

2011 - 2012, Successful
She was blunt, but caring at the same time... Dr. Treiser was the primary doctor behind my treatment plan, however I did not see her for monitoring appointments.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Treiser was the primary doctor behind my treatment plan, however I did not see her for monitoring appointments. She did perform my transfer. As it is a large clinic, many doctors were seen throughout my treatment. I was assigned a coordinator, who acted as the go between between myself and Dr. Treiser.
She is not the most warm and fuzzy person, but she knows what she is doing!
Dr. Treiser is very professional, but clearly wants the best for her patients. She was blunt, but caring at the same time. This is clearly her field of expertise, but she still tried to connect with us on a personal level during our visits. Since the birth of my children, she has personally reached out to me to check in.
I don't recall specifics. The egg donor cycle was successful, but my previous estrogen priming protocol had resulted in embryos that did not make it to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Domenica Abramo)
Domenica held my hand throughout the entire donor egg process. She calmed me down when I was a nervous wreck and she celebrated the milestones with me. Domenica promptly responded to all of my requests (Even emailed me back on New Year's Eve)! She was compassionate and reassuring throughout the entire process.
Monitoring appointments in Hamilton were during a window of time, but patients were typically moved in and out fairly quickly.
Fortunately, I had great health insurance. I was responsible for the fee for the donor, medications and copays.
Hamilton (closed)
2013, Successful
She [Dr. Treiser] is very direct and gives quality information. She came in herself to do my second embryo transfer (after first failed) and we were successful on that second try. She seemed to care about results. Always answered by questions. I did a lot of research about immunosuppressive therapies and while she admitted she didn't necessarily agree with what another doctor told me, she listened and gave her opinion and didn't make me feel crazy...
[RMA of New Jersey - Somerset is...] Smaller than some other clinics I went to prior. I felt less like a number. However, this clinic was not RMA when I went. They were still IVF-NJ. I am not sure how this clinic is operating today...My primary nurse was the most amazing, caring person. I really felt like she cared. She answered all of my questions, no matter how many or how big or small. She was great over email and on the phone. Always got back to me very quickly. The rest of the nursing staff were also wonderful--those seen during procedures were attentive and helpful...
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
She is very direct and gives quality information. She came in herself to do my second embryo transfer (after first failed) and we were successful on that second try. She seemed to care about results. Always answered by questions. I did a lot of research about immunosuppressive therapies and while she admitted she didn't necessarily agree with what another doctor told me, she listened and gave her opinion and didn't make me feel crazy.
She may not be very warm and fuzzy, but she is smart and caring and will do everything she can to get you results.
I felt the treatment was more tailored to me as a person than just giving me the same plan that she gives to all her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jill Kerwin)
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Smaller than some other clinics I went to prior.I felt less like a number. However, this clinic was not RMA when I went. They were still IVF-NJ. I am not sure how this clinic is operating today.

2021 - 2022, Successful
1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
We met in-person with Dr. Traiser on our initial fertility consultation. After that, we we’re meeting sometimes in the morning monitoring. We are quite happy from Dr. Traiser. She once scheduled a time following up consultation before we started the cycle...We were interested to transfer two embryos but according to Dr. Traiser, the RMA no longer transfer more than one...
It’s [RMA of New Jersey] so organized and excellent. Furthermore, they have a nice patient portal which gives you 100% access to your records and communication with your team. I am quite satisfied...Michelle [nurse] was an excellent communicator. She responded to almost every concern and addressed them in a professional way...according to Dr. Traiser, the RMA no longer transfer more than one [eset]...
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
We met in-person with Dr. Traiser on our initial fertility consultation. After that, we we’re meeting sometimes in the morning monitoring. We are quite happy from Dr. Traiser. She once scheduled a time following up consultation before we started the cycle. She was a good doctor with us so for.
Always make sure to follow Dr. Traiser protocol. It works if you follow accordingly.
Dr. Traiser treated us as a human. She really listened to our problems and addressed them in a nice way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Michelle B)
Michelle was an excellent communicator. She responded to almost every concern and addressed them in a professional way.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
I would highly recommend this place. It’s so organized and excellent. Furthermore, they have a nice patient portal which gives you 100% access to your records and communication with your team. I am quite satisfied.
8000$ out of pocket
Yes, We were interested to transfer two embryos but according to Dr. Traiser, the RMA no longer transfer more than one.

2006 - 2010, Successful
Dr. Treiser responded to emails quickly and completely. She was caring, and wanted to make sure our expectations were met and our anxieties talked about. We were fortunate that that our one transfer was successful...It's [RMA of New Jersey] a very large practice, and it's probably possible to get lost in it if you make a wrong turn anywhere along the way. It's important to take responsibility for your care there, just in case someone drops the ball. On the flip side, because it's so large, they have access to anything you would need.
There are probably many great doctors at RMA NJ, so it's important to rely on your instinct when choosing one to work with....We never had an issue with the nurses. They treated our surrogate very well, even though she didn't have a single nurse she communicated with...It's a very large practice, and it's probably possible to get lost in it if you make a wrong turn anywhere along the way. It's important to take responsibility for your care there, just in case someone drops the ball. On the flip side, because it's so large, they have access to anything you would need.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Treiser was professional, warm, and direct. She explained everything clearly, and encouraged us to contact her for any reason. The staff at the clinic backed her up successfully.
It's been nine years, so I don't recall.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Our surrogate's health insurance covered many of the costs. But it's been too long to remember the exact amounts required.
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr Treiser is so caring, dedicated to success and so fully attentive to the goal. She made me feel like I was her only patient. She would call me from vacation to check on me, she wanted to deliver all my results to me personally...She took every precaution, medication, test possible to give me the best chance of success.
Wonderful staff, nurses, front desk people, lab techs. Everyone made you feel important and welcome. The friendliness from everyone made early morning testing and difficult tests easier. It was a wonderful experience all the way around with the entire RMA team at all locations...[the nurse] cried and laughed with me daily. She wanted a positive result as much as I did. She made a emotional hard journey so much easier.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr Treiser is so caring, dedicated to success and so fully attentive to the goal. She made me feel like I was her only patient. She would call me from vacation to check on me, she wanted to deliver all my results to me personally. I will always be so thankful for having her as part of this journey.
Dr Treiser is outstanding. I had many failed pregnancies and was older and she wouldn’t give up on me. She took every precaution, medication, test possible to give me the best chance of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey.
Shannon became like a family member. She cried and laughed with me daily. She wanted a positive result as much as I did. She made a emotional hard journey so much easier.

2011 - 2012, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
More professional than nice, but she is really talented at what she does... Prepare & ask questions.... she will answer you but may not tell you everything.
When Dr Trieser owned IVFNJ the entire staff were personable and nice. You felt they were routing for you.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
She was very professional and nice. More professional than nice, but she is really talented at what she does. You there to make a baby, not make a best friend....I would go to her again & would definitely recommend her to others.
Prepare & ask questions....she will answer you but may not tell you everything. I learned that being as relaxed about the process can make a difference. Meaning, on the day of your transfer, do you best & whatever it takes to keep relaxed & to not worry...a relaxed recipient helps the implantation.
when Dr Trieser owned IVFNJ the entire staff were personable and nice. You felt they were routing for you.
lovenox, POI, estrogen...
They were nice & comforting
35,000 for one cycle 17,000 for another, but shared cycle

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Treiser is a thorough, no nonsense type of doctor that will not have you waste your time. From the moment I met her, she told me exactly what was needed for results. I went straight to IVF and appreciated that precious time was not wasted...Dr. Treiser and Jordanna [nurse] were excellent to work with. They called and emailed to provide updates and were honest about best case or worst case scenarios....
RMANJ had several monitoring sites to choose from. The hours of operation offered great hours. The locations were clean and efficient. I appreciated the RMA app to see which RE would be at a particular site. The check-in process is smooth...Jordanna [nurse] is so thorough, knowledgeable, patient, just a great person...Dr. Treiser and Jordanna were excellent to work with. They called and emailed to provide updates and were honest about best case or worst case scenarios.
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
Dr. Treiser is a thorough, no nonsense type of doctor that will not have you waste your time. From the moment I met her, she told me exactly what was needed for results. I went straight to IVF and appreciated that precious time was not wasted. Time is of the essence especially if you are a woman of a certain age.
Dr. Treiser is very direct, realistic and honest about your diagnosis, age, expectations. You have to come in with an understanding that IVF may not work.
Back to Back egg retrievals, straight to IVF due to age, started process at 41. (1st Egg Retrieval stim start date 2/14/2021 (10 stim days); 2nd egg retrieval stim start date 3/11/2021 (15 stim days), Gonal-F 300, Menopur 2 vials, Cetrotide or Ganirelex, Dual Trigger with Lupron 40 Units PM, 40 units AM and HCG 10,000 units PM; 2nd Egg retrieval estrace for 3 days prior to stims, slow responder but even follicle growth); several supplements started about 8 weeks prior to 1st egg retrieval (please consult with RE and/or PCP because these were high doses): VESIsorb Ubiquinol-QH Coenzyme Q10- 2 capsules, Acai Berry 1000mg, B-Complex 100mg, Vitamin C 1600mg, Vitamin D 10000 IU, Melatonin 5mg, Triple Strength Omega-3 Fish Oil, Theranatal Preconception with both egg retrievals plus Metformin 1000mg per day (for egg quality); Total euploid embroyos = 5 from both egg retrievals
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jordanna )
Jordanna is so thorough, knowledgeable, patient, just a great person!
2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr Treiser always explained everything to me as easily as possible. She made it relatable...trusting and to the point. We had a plan of action and she guided me through it She was easy to talk to especially with such an emotional topic...I had low amh and my husband had 1 issue with sperm. Dr treiser explained we could keep trying naturally (we had previous miscarriage) but if we wanted to increase our odds IVF with PGA testing would be the route to go...
Michelle [nurse at RMA of New Jersey] was amazing she went above and beyond...Monitoring was always a breeze for me. I would always be on the early side of the window to ensure my wait time was minimal...From the beginning testing to the financials to the medication. I always was well informed and knew what to expect next. Weakness i would say it’s a little bit of a factory but the positive more than outweigh this one weakness...
How was your experience with Susan Treiser at RMA of New Jersey?
dR treiser was trusting and to the point. We had a plan of action and she guided me through it She was easy to talk to especially with such an emotional topic. I appreciate everything dr treiser did.
Expect action quickly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Benedetto )
Michelle was amazing she went above and beyond. I truly could not have done this without Michelle.
Describe your experience with RMA of New Jersey.
Strength is not organization and efficiency. From the beginning testing to the financials to the medication. I always was well informed and knew what to expect next. Weakness i would say it’s a little bit of a factory but the positive more than outweigh this one weakness
Out of pocket around $12k