7.2

Current Clinic Unknown
address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

She [Dr. Willman] seems very competent. She is very good at explaining things in detail. She is thorough. She is very focused on genetic testing. I felt like she is slightly overly cautious. I tested as a carrier for a very rare genetic condition and I didn't want to pay to have my sperm donor tested for it because I was comfortable with the very small risk; she was a bit heavy handed in trying to talk me into doing further genetic testing.
The office [Repro Science Ctr] environment is great, clean and well decorated. Everyone on the staff is very nice. They are mostly pretty well organized, although they could improve at that sometimes. For example, one time, one of the nurses gave me a blood test, and then the other one called me later and recommended that I get the same blood test, not realizing that I'd already had it done that morning at the clinic. But for the most part, they are on top of things.
How was your experience with Susan Willman at Reproductive Science Center?
She seems very competent. She is very good at explaining things in detail. She is thorough. She is very focused on genetic testing. I felt like she is slightly overly cautious. I tested as a carrier for a very rare genetic condition and I didn't want to pay to have my sperm donor tested for it because I was comfortable with the very small risk; she was a bit heavy handed in trying to talk me into doing further genetic testing. Similarly, she wanted to do an HSG test for blocked tubes right out of the gate, whereas other fertility doctors with which I consulted suggested doing 3 rounds of IUI before jumping to HSG. So, she likes tests. I think she knows what she is doing. Her bedside manner is mostly matter of fact, but she is not cold. She is nice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Willman at Reproductive Science Center?
Let her know if you don't want all of the tests she is recommending. For example, I told her I wanted to try 3 rounds of IUI before getting an HSG test, and she was okay with that plan. I just had to be assertive about it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Leticia)
My nurse is great. Very warm, likeable, and communicative.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The office environment is great, clean and well decorated. Everyone on the staff is very nice. They are mostly pretty well organized, although they could improve at that sometimes. For example, one time, one of the nurses gave me a blood test, and then the other one called me later and recommended that I get the same blood test, not realizing that I'd already had it done that morning at the clinic. But for the most part, they are on top of things.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Willman at Reproductive Science Center.
IUI $880 per cycle (including untra-sound monitoring)
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Science Center.
I described it in the last answer.
Orinda

Dr. Willman is very knowledgeable and personable. She answers questions thoroughly and cites relevant research. I wish she was more available though.... When we met face-to-face her attention was very focused, she took her time to answer questions, and responded well to the emotional aspects of the process. Accessing her outside of appointments was near impossible though.... Appointment times get bumped and phone calls get pushed back. But when you get her attention, she is very good.
RSC is well known and has a good reputation. As already noted, they are very busy and it is hard to get as much personal attention from your physician as one might like. Many of the details of your care will be handled by nurse case managers.... I was scheduled for a procedure that ended up being unnecessary. It was a minor procedure so it was not that big of a deal, but the mix up in communication was frustrating.
How was your experience with Susan Willman at Reproductive Science Center?
Dr. Willman is very knowledgeable and personable. She answers questions thoroughly and cites relevant research. I wish she was more available though. She is hard to have contact with outside of appointments and her schedule is very busy. Appointment times get bumped and phone calls get pushed back. But when you get her attention, she is very good.
Make a list of questions to ask at your appointment and cover everything you want to cover, because getting a hold of her between appointments is not possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Willman at Reproductive Science Center?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Paula & Valerie)
Responsive, available, resourceful, knowledgeable. Always willing to answer my tons of questions. One of the best things about my experience at RSC.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
RSC is well known and has a good reputation. As already noted, they are very busy and it is hard to get as much personal attention from your physician as one might like. Many of the details of your care will be handled by nurse case managers. I think the quality of the case managers varies, I happened to get excellent care from mine, but I have heard from other patients who have had very different experiences.
~$15K for IVF egg retrieval plus ~$4K per frozen embryo transfer
Describe Susan Willman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Science Center.
She is very knowledgeable about preimplantation genetic screening (PGS) and will suggest adding this to the protocol. She prefers to use this to transfer single embryos.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Science Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Science Center.
I was scheduled for a procedure that ended up being unnecessary. It was a minor procedure so it was not that big of a deal, but the mix up in communication was frustrating. More frustrating, is that the procedure ended up being with a doctor other than Dr. Willman. This other doctor did not have as much experience as Dr. Willman and it was unpleasant.
Orinda

The doctor [Dr. Willman] was very friendly and nice. However, they [Reproductive Science Center] have a standard day for when to come in for an ultrasound before IUI. They didn't take into account that my cycle is short and I ovulate early. As such, I think we missed the day I ovulated. ... I don't think she adequately prepared for our appointment, though. ... she looked at my genetic testing results and said a had a "very common" genetic disorder. There are actually two forms of the disorder and the one I carry is the uncommon one.
The clinic setting is nice [Reproductive Science Center]. The nurses are very good. The administration is sometimes not as organized as it could be. They don't always pay close enough attention. ... Leti [nurse] was wonderful. She was very responsive and organized. She kept me informed. She always responded promptly to emails. She was very friendly and compassionate. ... I did one unmedicated IUI
How was your experience with Susan Willman at Reproductive Science Center?
She is very knowledgable. She is a likeable person. I don't think she adequately prepared for our appointment, though. For example, she looked at my genetic testing results and said a had a "very common" genetic disorder. There are actually two forms of the disorder and the one I carry is the uncommon one.
The doctor was very friendly and nice. However, they have a standard day for when to come in for an ultrasound before IUI. They didn't take into account that my cycle is short and I ovulate early. As such, I think we missed the day I ovulated.
Describe the protocols Susan Willman used in your cycles at Reproductive Science Center and their degree of success.
I did one unmedicated IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Science Center. (Assigned nurse: Leti)
Leti was wonderful. She was very responsive and organized. She kept me informed. She always responded promptly to emails. She was very friendly and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Science Center.
The clinic setting is nice. The nurses are very good. The administration is sometimes not as organized as it could be. They don't always pay close enough attention. For example, I generally ovulate early. They have a protocol to come in on day 12 for an ultrasound, but when I came in, I probably had already ovulated. They should have had me come in earlier in my cycle.
IUI $880 including ultrasounds