Medical SchoolU. of Albany
San Diego, CA 92108
Temecula
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Susanna Park to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend San Diego Fertility Center to a friend?
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. Park is very reassuring. She's also pretty straight forward which we appreciate. I always leave the office feeling like we have a plan or a next step. I needed a surgery and she went to much trouble to get it scheduled for us.... We started with a consult and TV US. Dr. Park immediately noticed something and suspected that I may have had a septate uterus, and that could have been the cause of a previous miscarriage. She was the first Dr. to mention anything of the sort.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Take notes! Don't feel bad about asking for further information or more direction if you are having trouble making a decision about your treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is helpful, informative and has always been very positive with us. We definitely went into our first consultation very nervous and came out feeling reassured that we will end up with a happy healthy baby.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We started with a consult and TV US. Dr. Park immediately noticed something and suspected that I may have had a septate uterus, and that could have been the cause of a previous miscarriage. She was the first Dr. to mention anything of the sort. We moved onto blood tests and a SA - all came back good, slightly low-normal morph for my husband. An HSG and MRI was scheduled to confirm the septum. I was then scheduled for a HSC to resect the septum, and an SIS post surgery. Within 1 month of the surgery, we were able to start our first medicated IUI cycle. She is pretty understanding of our needs and wants - she can appreciate that we are older (35 and 38) and are very ready for a healthy pregnancy so she recommended we start with the IUI cycles, even though with my now "normal" uterus we could just continue trying naturally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Renteria / Hanna Mulloy)
Everyone has been very friendly and helpful. I appreciate that they respond to all the emails I send asking questions without it seeming like I am bugging them!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strength - multiple locations. It's extremely helpful that they have multiple locations - allows some visits to be scheduled quickly. The staff and offices are warm and inviting. Everyone is friendly. Weakness - this could be an issue that you run into at many clinics but you'll need to deal with different admins to book different things. That can cause some confusion - and can be frustrating to not have a direct line to the doctor sometimes.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
SD - Carmel Valley
Dr. Park has always been kind and positive during my appointments with her.... She made me comfortable about the entire process. I have been going to the clinic for over two years. My husband and I first started with IUIs. Those weren’t successful, but Dr. Park kept a positive attitude towards us going on with IVF with my own eggs (at age 43).... I was first on birth control and the on Menopur and Gonal F and Cetrotide. I got 13 eggs, 8 were mature and fertilized....
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is a positive person. She made me comfortable about the entire process. I have been going to the clinic for over two years. My husband and I first started with IUIs. Those weren’t successful, but Dr. Park kept a positive attitude towards us going on with IVF with my own eggs (at age 43).
Keep in mind you won’t see her at every visit. However, the nurses are really nice.
Dr. Park has always been kind and positive during my appointments with her. After deciding that my husband and I were going to try IVF, I called several other clinics. Dr. Park was the most positive of the doctors I spoke with.
For IUIs, I used Femara and a trigger shot. One IUI was canceled due to ovulating to soon while on Femara, and I did get pregnant that cycle. Unfortunately, the pregnancy didn’t stick. My IvF experience, which was my last cycle, I was first on birth control and the on Menopur and Gonal F and Cetrotide. I got 13 eggs, 8 were mature and fertilized. None of them made it to Day 5.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
All of the staff members at San Diego Fertility are great. I have been working with Dr. Park off and on for a couple years. Even between treatments, I could email her nurse, Janette, and get an answer back within 24 hours. I feel the communication between nurses and me, the patient, has been excellent. Another plus is that many of the nurses and the coordinators have been here for years. The staff seems very happy working for this clinic.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Center’s strengths: doctors work together every day to discuss patients’ protocols. Nurses and coordinators know what they are doing and communicate well. They have a few clinics around San Diego County, making everything more accessible. The clinics have been moved/upgraded in the past year. You feel like you are getting what you paid for. Staff seem happy to work there. Open to doing IVF patients at an older age. Weaknesses: not as affordable as other clinics. Website could use more information on it. If you want a boutique clinic, this one isn’t for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Center gives you all the costs up front. Each IUI was $700, plus meds. For my IVF, I did the Success Guarantee Program. I had to qualify for it. It is $22,000 for egg Retrieval’s and any FETs after from the frozen embryos from that cycle. Being over 40, when it failed, I get 60% of that money back. I paid about $6,000 for my IVF meds. A cycle of IVF is about $12,000.
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
Dr. Park seems flexible with using 1, 2, or possibly 3.
2014 - 2018
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing (cancer), Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
She [Dr. Susanna Park] listened to our story sympathetically and worked collaboratively with us about our treatment plan. She has continued to remain interested in our family and has always been warm and welcoming when we contact her. We have never felt like we were being a nuisance...a very open, warm and knowledgable Physician who has her patients best interest at heart. She has always been available to talk with us, even when she was on maternity leave.She even sourced some of our medication free of charge! When you speak with Susanna, it is like speaking with a friend, she never tries to lord her knowledge over you.
2014 - 2018
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing (cancer), Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Susanna is a very open, warm and knowledgable Physician who has her patients best interest at heart. She has always been available to talk with us, even when she was on maternity leave.She even sourced some of our medication free of charge! When you speak with Susanna, it is like speaking with a friend, she never tries to lord her knowledge over you.
Be open and honest with her. Let her know your worries and concerns, ask her to explain anything you don't understand as she will always give you a listening ear and take on board anything you suggest. She also will always break things down to a level that you can understand.
She listened to our story sympathetically and worked collaboratively with us about our treatment plan. She has continued to remain interested in our family and has always been warm and welcoming when we contact her. We have never felt like we were being a nuisance.
in addition to the hormones, she added phospholipids, Endometrial scratch and implantation HCG. This got us pregnant first attempt with her
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center.
She was always quick to give us any updates and responded very quickly to our emails. She was a bit officious but not overbearingly so
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very modern and friendly clinic. The rooms are roomy and private and you feel that you are their only patient. The location is also great. One can have an IVF vacation as there is lots to do and see. I cannot fault it.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at San Diego Fertility Center.
As we lived far away we had our USS done local to us
Although it is one of the higher priced clinics, we felt we had value for money. We also were gifted some of our medication by the clinic which brought the costs down
She will discuss your options, the pros and cons and give you her preferred option to decide. She will leave you to make an informed choice.
SD - Carmel Valley
We opted for PGS testing, but unfortunately, it resulted in no euploid embryos. Dr. Park believes this could be an error...Communication with Dr. Park was limited and it often took 2-3 weeks to get an appointment with her. However, when you did speak with Dr. Park she was informative and compassionate...She performed one of my IUIs and my egg retrieval. We had phone conversations to discuss our fertility bloodwork and post-egg retrieval results. Whenever you meet with Dr. Park it is very comforting because she is knowledgeable and takes the time to address all of your questions. She has maintained a positive outcome about our prospects.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
We met with Dr. Park for our first consultation to start IUIs, as well as prior to starting the IVF process. She performed one of my IUIs and my egg retrieval. We had phone conversations to discuss our fertility bloodwork and post-egg retrieval results. Whenever you meet with Dr. Park it is very comforting because she is knowledgeable and takes the time to address all of your questions. She has maintained a positive outcome about our prospects.
Arrange appointments with Dr. Park when you have questions, even if it is a few weeks out.
I took Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, and the Lupron trigger for my egg retrieval. I took Clomid and Ovidrel for the IUIs. We opted for PGS testing, but unfortunately, it resulted in no euploid embryos. Dr. Park believes this could be an error.
Barbara was particularly wonderful during the egg retrieval process, always showing a positive attitude about our prospects.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic sees a lot of patients which is positive in the sense that they have a strong reputation, but it can also be a weakness because you can sometimes feel like you have to be proactive to be heard. It's important to maintain strong lines of communication, either by phone or through email. Don't be afraid to voice your concerns because the doctors and nurses are receptive.
The egg retrieval ran just over $10,000 (pre-medications); IUIs were $700, or $500 for a canceled cycle.
I did not get to this stage.
SD - Mission Valley
Dr. Park was extremely friendly and really answered all of my questions I had going through IVF for the first time. When she called and had to leave me a message it was always detailed enough so I wasn't left with more questions as to what was going to happen next....Don't expect to see the doctor at every visit, you can definitely schedule appointments around when she is in the office. All the staff is very friendly and it feels like a family.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
The staff was very friendly and it was nice to be greeted by name as you walked in for your appointments.
The first shot at IVF I was on 150iu of Gonal-F for 13 days, I was only able to get 4 mature eggs so we converted that cycle to an IUI (#5). It resulted in a BFN so we decided to up my dosage of Gonal-F for the next IVF. I had never taken injectable medication before so we didn't know how I would respond. I did 300iu for 10 days and it resulted in 25 follicles retrieved during my egg retrieval. We are currently waiting for our FET (scheduled date is 3/23).
The nursing staff has been an awesome support group. I always have lots of questions after my ultrasound and they are always right there to help answer any questions.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The whole process is nerve-wracking but the staff is always so friendly and happy to help you that it makes you feel at home. I did have to wait over 45 minutes for my initial consultation which was a little off putting but all my other appointments have gone smoothly and quickly.
Roughly $25,000 and that is included all the meds.
SD - Carmel Valley
Dr. Susanna Park is an extraordinary example of someone who is an expert in their field, but also always shows compassion and understanding.... After going through basic blood testing and an HSG. Dr. Park met with me again to go over my results. Based on my overall age Dr. Park recommended Femara and Clomid on each cycle and suggested we start with 3 cycles of IUI to begin with and then reassess.
European, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Susanna Park is an extraordinary example of someone who is an expert in their field, but also always shows compassion and understanding. As a patient at the Mission Valley clinic you always have access to top care and unlimited access to Dr. Park if you should have any additional follow up questions about next steps or any concerns.
Dr. Park is an excellent listener and is never in a rush, make sure you come prepared with questions and she will stay with you until every last question is answered.
The staff at the Mission Valley office was always very pleasant and willing to step in and help no matter the situation. They were reliable and always available for additional questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Renteria)
Janette is an excellent addition to the team. She was always quick to provide a phone call back or a simple answer over email. She made sure I was well coordinated every step of the way.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic goes out of it's way to make sure they can find a timeslot that works with your schedule and is always ready with a friendly face to answer any questions you may have. The strengths of this clinic are it's strong staff of doctors and nurses and clinic coordinators.
SD - Mission Valley
For my next transfer cycle, Dr. Park suggested an aggressive course of treatment including a double embryo transfer, endometrial scratch, antibiotics, and intralipid infusion...Dr. Park has an excellent bedside manner and is good at taking time to answer your questions. It is difficult, however, to get an appointment to speak with her - for example, following the egg retrieval I had to wait three weeks to speak with her about the results.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is knowledgeable and easy to work with - always clearly breaking down each step of the process. I will say that I wish I had more contact with her throughout the IUI and IVF process. She is very receptive to LGBT patients.
As there are many patients that go to SDFC it is important that you at times advocate and speak up for yourself. If you have a concern, don't be afraid to schedule an appointment to speak with Dr. Park about your concerns.
The nursing staff at SDFC always answer questions that I had and were kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
If I had to label SDFC's strengths it would be their reputation and the personability of their staff. Their weaknesses would be accessibility to the doctor and ability to work with the patient's work schedule.
IUS were $700, and a canceled cycle was $500. IVF retrieval & first transfer was around $14,000 before medication. Each additional transfer was around $4000.
Dr. Park suggested that I do an double embryo transfer at my age (37).
SD - Mission Valley
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Immunological
Dr Park was very nice and accommodating. She thought out of the box for me and listened to my concerns. I did my own research and brought it to her and she ordered tests or treatments I requested. The only drawback was she didn’t fully know about MTHFR or believe that it could play a big role, but I think that I helped her to learn more about it and she’s slightly adjusted since.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Be your own advocate- she will listen.
Dr Park was always very nice, she would listen to my concerns. She came to a hospital to do a fibroid removal for me since the hospital was covered by insurance and the clinic was not. She gave me treatments I asked for that I had researched.
She likes crinone best for progesterone. My final cycle that had success we used lovenox and intralipids.
Mostly very nice. Could have better awareness of if someone is there for miscarriage follow up or chemical pregnancy etc so they can act accordingly.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Nice team, beautiful facility. Records can take a long time to get transferred but overall great clinic. Dr Park was great, very honest and ethical and compassionate. Her team was very nice also and responsive via email.
$11,000 IVF cycle plus meds $4500 FET $8000 PGS
She is very comfortable with transferring 2 and I had twins!
SD - Mission Valley
Dr. Park was so warm and would explain these intimate and highly scientific procedures in an understandable way. She gave me realistic confidence about our prospects and the course of action that needed to be employed...Dr. Park is so knowledgeable, but she made sure to make sure I was not overwhelmed with information. Dr. Park had a great demeanor that makes a very stressful situation seem routine. Dr. Park was empathetic when necessary, but always remained professional and positive.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Stay the course and never hold back with a questions - she will answer them all.
Initially, Dr. Park waived my HSG test; however, after the first unsuccessful attempt at IUI, she made me take a month off and get the HSG Test so as to insure there was no glaring issues. Further, I was given cholmid and it did not help to produce multiple follicles. On my second IUI, my cholmid dose was doubled, but it did not produce a second follicle. However, I was able to conceive a singleton through to birth.
Everybody was so helpful and warm. They were emphathic and compassionate.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic is clean and comfortable. The clinic does not make you feel like you are in a doctors office and that was very comforting. From the person who checks you in to the person who inseminated me, I was met with such graciousness and genuine concern for my journey.
It was approximately $800 per cycle for the medication and the IUI. That does not include the price of donor sperm.
SD - Mission Valley
[Dr. Susanna Park is] the perfect blend of "knows her stuff" and "I got you." I trusted her and the clinic completely and did not feel like I needed to advocate for myself - I felt like she was truly already my advocate. It was as stress free as this process can be. I was calm going into retrieval and transfer because Dr. Park had earned my trust through the whole process. She's wonderful...clear, articulate and knowledgeable while also being incredibly warm and compassionate.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is clear, articulate and knowledgeable while also being incredibly warm and compassionate. She's the perfect blend of "knows her stuff" and "I got you." I trusted her and the clinic completely and did not feel like I needed to advocate for myself - I felt like she was truly already my advocate. It was as stress free as this process can be. I was calm going into retrieval and transfer because Dr. Park had earned my trust through the whole process. She's wonderful.
See her!
Megan was amazing - answered emails in off hours and truly showed compassion at every appointment. I felt so taken care of by the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
SDFC is super efficient. They get you in and out for appointments quickly so you do not have to miss much work. They worked with our insurance too. They are organized and professional - I never felt like I had to call to ask paperwork related questions or to advocate for myself - they totally had me covered.
She would only transfer a maximum of 2 embryos.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She's very personable while professional. I do wish she'd be more willing to get into the details with me and more willing to use proper medical terminology, diagnoses etc. I believe her bedside manner is so warm and sweet that she "dumbs down " the info a bit.
Ask questions if you like the details. But she is very warm and kind and will make you feel comfortable.
They remember me. Dr Park seems genuinely enthusiastic to have us there.
Femara cd 3-8. Ultrasound cd 10. Follow up ultrasound , ovidrel trigger shot, IUI 36 hours later. Any of this may or may not be performed by Dr Park.
I was impressed that they were able to get their hands on the bloodwork from the lab so quickly. They also remember little details about me that aren't necessarily in the chart.
$700 IUI cycle $150 ish for meds cash
2013 - 2014
Iui [with Dr. Susanna Park] failed due to male factor infertility. Ivf worked the first time...She was warm and kind. I couldn’t have asked for better treatment...Dr Park was helpful and knowledable. She didn’t waste our money by moving onto things that wouldn’t work. I’m so thankful for her...She’s so smart and knows exactly what she’s doing...She was absolutely wonderful!
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was absolutely wonderful! I have 0 complaints. She’s an angel. She was kind and caring. Dr Park was helpful and knowledable. She didn’t waste our money by moving onto things that wouldn’t work. I’m so thankful for her
Listen to what she says and do it! She’s so smart and knows exactly what she’s doing
She was warm and kind. I couldn’t have asked for better treatment
Iui failed due to male factor infertility. Ivf worked the first time
The nursing staff was a bit cold at times. However they were very communicative and knowledgeable
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
The clinic was kind and successful. Would go again if needed. We are happy with the result of course and dr Park was amazing. We are thankful. Everyone helped us through this difficult time. Everything was troubleshooted as needed
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Dr. Park is very knowledgeable and explains everything perfectly. She is very good at posing questions and allowing you to ask questions as well. There was never a time, with Dr. Park, that I felt like I didn't know what was going on.
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is very knowladgeble and explains everything perfectly. She is very good at posing questions and allowing you to ask questions as well. There was never a time, with dr. Park, that I felt like I didn't know what was going on.
Dr. Park took the time to really explain the procedures and process. She also was warm and welcoming each time we saw her. Always asked if I had further questions.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?