9.7

Temecula
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

Treated 2017 - 2018
There was very little communication with Dr. Park. We mainly spoke with the nurses. ... She never once mentioned the first round would be a mini stim which means l would be on way less medication than a normal round of IVF therefore getting less eggs. ... I thought this probably should have been mentioned. Dr. Park was very friendly and informative in our initial appointment. She definitely knows her stuff!
San Diego Fertility Center runs like a machine which is probably their strength and weakness. A strength because they have everything down to a science. However, in my experience with them I felt they did not give me the personal care I would have preferred. ... The nursing staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They were quick to respond to my emails and made sure to check on me after each procedure. During both IVF procedures the nursing staff made sure I was comfortable every step of the way.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park was very friendly and informative in our initial appointment. She definitely knows her stuff! However, we do wish we were able to meet with her more often instead of the nurses. She was also compassionate to our situation because we did not get the best results.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Eventhough the initial consult might be very informative ask questions to make sure you understand completely. Also expect not to see Dr. Park that often. We spoke to her over the phone more than in person.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
There was very little communication with Dr. Park. We mainly spoke with the nurses. l had 2 IVF cycles and only actually met with her twice before having both procedures, once at our initial consult and once after l got pregnant naturally and miscarried.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Our initial appointment with Dr. Park was great. She was recommended to us by my OB after my second miscarriage. She was thorough and kind and we came up with a game plan to try one more time naturally while on progesterone before moving on to any other treatments. After we miscarried a 3rd time we met with her a second time to talk about testing. She did an ultrasound and determined l was most likely experiencing poor egg quality. After receiving our test results back she really felt it was my poor egg quality that was the issue and we should do 2 rounds of IVF. We paid for both rounds of IVF up front which is around $30,000. We next met with a coordinator to talk about the medications l would be taking during the first round of IVF. She never once mentioned the first round would be a mini stim which means l would be on way less medication than a normal round of IVF therefore getting less eggs. I questioned the nurse to make sure this is correct and she confirmed this is the protocol Dr. Park decided for me. I thought this probably should have been mentioned. During this round we retrieved 5 eggs 2 were mature and both fertilized but were very poor quality and did not make it. After this failed we had a phone call with Dr. Park where she explained the next round would be a full kitchen sink round with lots of medications including growth hormones. This round went better and we retrieved 10 eggs, 8 were mature 4 fertilized but none of our embryos made it again. So after 2 rounds of IVF we were left with nothing. I had a follow up call with Dr. Park and she was compansionate but it was clear these results were not great and we did not know exactly why. She suggested taking a step back and trying acupuncture to maybe improve my egg quality.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
San Diego Fertility Center runs like a machine which is probably their strength and weakness. A strength because they have everything down to a science. However, in my experience with them I felt they did not give me the personal care I would have preferred. When you have gone through so much already and make the difficult decision to move ahead with 2 rounds of IVF you want to feel that care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
For two rounds of IVF (Mini Stim and Kitchen Sink protocol- which there is no difference in the actual procedure) and PGS testing (which we never got to) we paid around $27,000 upfront to the clinic the same day we had our first ultrasound and blood work. Medications are not included in this number. Because we did not make it to PGS testing we were refunded for that portion.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
I wish I was explained the protocol better for my first round of IVF. I mini stim is very different from a normal protocol or a "kitchen sink protocol" and I felt I should have been better informed by my Dr.
Susanna Park
San Diego - Mission Valley

She was notoriously late to all of my appointments. When I finally did see her, her phone rang continuously and she didn't even turn it off, just ignored it while she was consulting me. ... Dr Park is a bad communicator and can't even be present when you are in her office for a meeting and consult. ... I had a total misunderstanding of our chances when we decided to proceed with IVF. We were about to start IVF and only the week before did she call me to explain these chances.
They [San Diego Fertility Center] made several clerical errors including misnformation on my insurance coverage of medication. ... They really didn't know who I was. At first they were very positive, but by the second IUI they were not. I was about to start IVF with them, but I didn't feel like they were treating me well enough to proceed. ... Nursing staff is weak and have been fairly rude to me on numerous occasions. ...
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She was notoriously late to all of my appointments. When I finally did see her, her phone rang continuously and she didn't even turn it off, just ignored it while she was consulting me. I had a total misunderstanding of our chances when we decided to proceed with IVF. We were about to start IVF and only the week before did she call me to explain these chances.
Don't go, there are several better doctors in San Diego.
They really didn't know who I was. At first they were very positive, but by the second IUI they were not. I was about to start IVF with them, but I didn't feel like they were treating me well enough to proceed. I chose another doctor eventhough they were out of network.
I did two fairly low dose clomid IUI cycles. She should have advised against these based on my numbers. Although I didnt proceed with IVF she had me on birth control pills and was planning a very high dosage of medication, nearly $10k worth.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I had a different nurse every time. I had no one I could go to with questions.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Very beautiful offices, but that doesn't make up for the fact that they showed little compassion to their patients. Nursing staff is weak and have been fairly rude to me on numerous occasions. They made several clerical errors including misnformation on my insurance coverage of medication. Dr Park is a bad communicator and can't even be present when you are in her office for a meeting and consult.
The IUI were about $400 each and the IVF cycle would have cost me nearly $20k with them being in-network. The medication would have cost $10k.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
They told me that I had a certain amount of insurance coverage but that amount changed when it came down to starting the cycle.
Susanna Park