9.7

Temecula
44274 George Cushman Court
Temecula, CA 92592

Treated 2019 - 2020
So far I have completed one egg retrieval using known donor sperm for insemination [with Dr. Park]. I was on what seemed to be a standard medication protocol (all of my labs were WNL & good AFC). Dr. Park was able to retrieve 15 eggs at the time of my retrieval. 10 were mature and 9 fertilized. All of the fertilized eggs grew to Day 3 embryos. However, they all arrested after Day 3...has excellent bedside manner and was very personable. She does seem to be very busy and it was difficult to schedule an appointment to speak with her directly. Most communication was done through her medical assistant or the NPs and PAs at the clinic.
Much of the communication throughout the egg retrieval process [at San Diego Fertility Center] was between myself and Dr. Park’s medical assistant or NPs/PAs that performed monitoring. I did feel that there were some misunderstandings related to my medication regimen early on in the process and regretted funneling my questions through these other providers Instead of asking to speak with Dr. Park directly...15, 740.00 for one egg retrieval and one embryo transfer
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
We chose to work with Dr. Park after attending a seminar at San Diego Fertility Center. We appreciated her warm demeanor and the wealth of information that she provided to us. She was very responsive to questions and thoroughly explained all options and procedures. When we did not have the result that we were hoping for with our egg retrieval, Dr. Park made time to meet with us ASAP and discuss potential causes and next steps.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Advocate to speak directly to Dr Park if you have questions or concerns. Much of the communication throughout the egg retrieval process was between myself and Dr. Park’s medical assistant or NPs/PAs that performed monitoring. I did feel that there were some misunderstandings related to my medication regimen early on in the process and regretted funneling my questions through these other providers Instead of asking to speak with Dr. Park directly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park has excellent bedside manner and was very personable. She does seem to be very busy and it was difficult to schedule an appointment to speak with her directly. Most communication was done through her medical assistant or the NPs and PAs at the clinic.
Describe the protocols Susanna Park used in your cycles at San Diego Fertility Center and their degree of success.
So far I have completed one egg retrieval using known donor sperm for insemination. I was on what seemed to be a standard medication protocol (all of my labs were WNL & good AFC). Dr. Park was able to retrieve 15 eggs at the time of my retrieval. 10 were mature and 9 fertilized. All of the fertilized eggs grew to Day 3 embryos. However, they all arrested after Day 3.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I bounced back and forth between the Mission Valley and Carmel Valley offices (one is closer to my work and one is closer to my home) so I saw multiple RNs, NPs and PAs during my monitoring appointments. They were nice and efficient.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Prices were reasonable compared to other clinics. I appreciated that the initial consult was free when attending an information session. I was provided with accurate information about costs up front. I have not experienced fertility treatments at another clinic, but I have heard that at other clinics you may have more access to your doctor. At San Diego Fertility Center all monitoring appointments were with NPs/PAs and most communication was through a medical assistant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center.
15, 740.00 for one egg retrieval and one embryo transfer
Describe Susanna Park's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at San Diego Fertility Center.
We had multiple conversations with Dr. Park about whether to transfer multiple embryos. She provided us with information related to success rates for both at my age and also risk for multiples.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
San Diego - Mission Valley
Dr. Park is very reassuring. She's also pretty straight forward which we appreciate. I always leave the office feeling like we have a plan or a next step. I needed a surgery and she went to much trouble to get it scheduled for us.... We started with a consult and TV US. Dr. Park immediately noticed something and suspected that I may have had a septate uterus, and that could have been the cause of a previous miscarriage. She was the first Dr. to mention anything of the sort.
Strength - multiple locations. It's extremely helpful that they have multiple locations - allows some visits to be scheduled quickly. The staff [San Diego Fertility Center] and offices are warm and inviting. Everyone is friendly. Weakness - this could be an issue that you run into at many clinics but you'll need to deal with different admins to book different things. That can cause some confusion - and can be frustrating to not have a direct line to the doctor sometimes.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Take notes! Don't feel bad about asking for further information or more direction if you are having trouble making a decision about your treatment.
Dr. Park is helpful, informative and has always been very positive with us. We definitely went into our first consultation very nervous and came out feeling reassured that we will end up with a happy healthy baby.
We started with a consult and TV US. Dr. Park immediately noticed something and suspected that I may have had a septate uterus, and that could have been the cause of a previous miscarriage. She was the first Dr. to mention anything of the sort. We moved onto blood tests and a SA - all came back good, slightly low-normal morph for my husband. An HSG and MRI was scheduled to confirm the septum. I was then scheduled for a HSC to resect the septum, and an SIS post surgery. Within 1 month of the surgery, we were able to start our first medicated IUI cycle. She is pretty understanding of our needs and wants - she can appreciate that we are older (35 and 38) and are very ready for a healthy pregnancy so she recommended we start with the IUI cycles, even though with my now "normal" uterus we could just continue trying naturally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at San Diego Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Janette Renteria / Hanna Mulloy)
Everyone has been very friendly and helpful. I appreciate that they respond to all the emails I send asking questions without it seeming like I am bugging them!
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Strength - multiple locations. It's extremely helpful that they have multiple locations - allows some visits to be scheduled quickly. The staff and offices are warm and inviting. Everyone is friendly. Weakness - this could be an issue that you run into at many clinics but you'll need to deal with different admins to book different things. That can cause some confusion - and can be frustrating to not have a direct line to the doctor sometimes.
What specific things went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at San Diego Fertility Center.
We had some issues scheduling a hsyteroscopy - mainly I had questions about the cycle day the surgery was going to fall on - and was relying on the scheduler to confirm details with the doctor. I was informed all was well, but on the day of the surgery, my doctor had not been informed of my concerns. Thankfully, all turned out well.

Treated 2017
We opted for PGS testing, but unfortunately, it resulted in no euploid embryos. Dr. Park believes this could be an error...Communication with Dr. Park was limited and it often took 2-3 weeks to get an appointment with her. However, when you did speak with Dr. Park she was informative and compassionate...She performed one of my IUIs and my egg retrieval. We had phone conversations to discuss our fertility bloodwork and post-egg retrieval results. Whenever you meet with Dr. Park it is very comforting because she is knowledgeable and takes the time to address all of your questions. She has maintained a positive outcome about our prospects.
This clinic [San Diego Fertility Center] sees a lot of patients which is positive in the sense that they have a strong reputation, but it can also be a weakness because you can sometimes feel like you have to be proactive to be heard. It's important to maintain strong lines of communication, either by phone or through email. Don't be afraid to voice your concerns because the doctors and nurses are receptive.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
We met with Dr. Park for our first consultation to start IUIs, as well as prior to starting the IVF process. She performed one of my IUIs and my egg retrieval. We had phone conversations to discuss our fertility bloodwork and post-egg retrieval results. Whenever you meet with Dr. Park it is very comforting because she is knowledgeable and takes the time to address all of your questions. She has maintained a positive outcome about our prospects.
Arrange appointments with Dr. Park when you have questions, even if it is a few weeks out.
I took Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, and the Lupron trigger for my egg retrieval. I took Clomid and Ovidrel for the IUIs. We opted for PGS testing, but unfortunately, it resulted in no euploid embryos. Dr. Park believes this could be an error.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
Barbara was particularly wonderful during the egg retrieval process, always showing a positive attitude about our prospects.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
This clinic sees a lot of patients which is positive in the sense that they have a strong reputation, but it can also be a weakness because you can sometimes feel like you have to be proactive to be heard. It's important to maintain strong lines of communication, either by phone or through email. Don't be afraid to voice your concerns because the doctors and nurses are receptive.
The egg retrieval ran just over $10,000 (pre-medications); IUIs were $700, or $500 for a canceled cycle.
I did not get to this stage.
Treated 2016
Dr. Park was extremely friendly and really answered all of my questions I had going through IVF for the first time. When she called and had to leave me a message it was always detailed enough so I wasn't left with more questions as to what was going to happen next....Don't expect to see the doctor at every visit, you can definitely schedule appointments around when she is in the office. All the staff is very friendly and it feels like a family.
The whole process is nerve-wracking but the staff is always so friendly and happy to help you that it makes you feel at home. I did have to wait over 45 minutes for my initial consultation which was a little off putting but all my other appointments have gone smoothly and quickly.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
The staff was very friendly and it was nice to be greeted by name as you walked in for your appointments.
The first shot at IVF I was on 150iu of Gonal-F for 13 days, I was only able to get 4 mature eggs so we converted that cycle to an IUI (#5). It resulted in a BFN so we decided to up my dosage of Gonal-F for the next IVF. I had never taken injectable medication before so we didn't know how I would respond. I did 300iu for 10 days and it resulted in 25 follicles retrieved during my egg retrieval. We are currently waiting for our FET (scheduled date is 3/23).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
The nursing staff has been an awesome support group. I always have lots of questions after my ultrasound and they are always right there to help answer any questions.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
Roughly $25,000 and that is included all the meds.
Treated 2017 - 2018
For my next transfer cycle, Dr. Park suggested an aggressive course of treatment including a double embryo transfer, endometrial scratch, antibiotics, and intralipid infusion...Dr. Park has an excellent bedside manner and is good at taking time to answer your questions. It is difficult, however, to get an appointment to speak with her - for example, following the egg retrieval I had to wait three weeks to speak with her about the results.
Their weaknesses [San Diego Fertility Center] would be accessibility to the doctor and ability to work with the patient's work schedule...The nursing staff at SDFC always answer questions that I had and were kind and compassionate...IUS were $700, and a canceled cycle was $500. IVF retrieval & first transfer was around $14,000 before medication. Each additional transfer was around $4000...For my next transfer cycle, Dr. Park suggested an aggressive course of treatment including a double embryo transfer, endometrial scratch, antibiotics, and intralipid infusion.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
Dr. Park is knowledgeable and easy to work with - always clearly breaking down each step of the process. I will say that I wish I had more contact with her throughout the IUI and IVF process. She is very receptive to LGBT patients.
As there are many patients that go to SDFC it is important that you at times advocate and speak up for yourself. If you have a concern, don't be afraid to schedule an appointment to speak with Dr. Park about your concerns.
Describe your experience with San Diego Fertility Center.
If I had to label SDFC's strengths it would be their reputation and the personability of their staff. Their weaknesses would be accessibility to the doctor and ability to work with the patient's work schedule.
Dr. Park suggested that I do an double embryo transfer at my age (37).

Treated 2015
I was impressed that they [the nurses] were able to get their hands on the bloodwork from the lab so quickly. They also remember little details about me that aren't necessarily in the chart.
How was your experience with Susanna Park at San Diego Fertility Center?
She's very personable while professional. I do wish she'd be more willing to get into the details with me and more willing to use proper medical terminology, diagnoses etc. I believe her bedside manner is so warm and sweet that she "dumbs down " the info a bit.
Ask questions if you like the details. But she is very warm and kind and will make you feel comfortable.
They remember me. Dr Park seems genuinely enthusiastic to have us there.
Femara cd 3-8. Ultrasound cd 10. Follow up ultrasound , ovidrel trigger shot, IUI 36 hours later. Any of this may or may not be performed by Dr Park.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at San Diego Fertility Center.
I was impressed that they were able to get their hands on the bloodwork from the lab so quickly. They also remember little details about me that aren't necessarily in the chart.
$700 IUI cycle $150 ish for meds cash