Sy Le

Irving, TX 75063
972.506.9986

1 patient review filtered by:

Review of
He [Dr. Le] made us feel like we were going to be parents with no issues at all. He answered every question we had with lots of detail. However, once we got further into treatment that wasn't working, we would ask to switch protocol and he would dismiss it. We felt like our treatment was feeling impersonal and communication between staff was insufficient. When I needed to see another doctor in the practice, none of them were aware of any prior treatment I've had with Dr. Le and vice versa. After a few failed IUIs, Dr. Le made it seem like we were wasting our time and I should have never begun that way. This was very confusing as he was so hopeful and positive in the beginning.
I was told conflicting information several times regarding the storage fees of donor sperm [at IVFMD]. After I thought I had it worked out, the fees were still outstanding with no notes in my chart to reflect otherwise. I was also uninformed that my specimen would be completely unavailable to take our of storage during COVID-19. I was scheduled for IVF at another clinic and had to buy more donor sperm as IVFMD would not ship my vial.
How was your experience with Sy Le at IVFMD?
Dr. Le is an uplifting doctor at first. He made us feel like we were going to be parents with no issues at all. He answered every question we had with lots of detail. However, once we got further into treatment that wasn't working, we would ask to switch protocol and he would dismiss it. We felt like our treatment was feeling impersonal and communication between staff was insufficient. When I needed to see another doctor in the practice, none of them were aware of any prior treatment I've had with Dr. Le and vice versa. After a few failed IUIs, Dr. Le made it seem like we were wasting our time and I should have never begun that way. This was very confusing as he was so hopeful and positive in the beginning.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sy Le at IVFMD?
Make sure you advocate for yourself. Always restate things you think are important and "brief" him on your previous visit.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sy Le at IVFMD?
The first few visits with Dr. Le were exciting. At every visit he explained things to us very thoroughly. However, after a few visits, he was explaining the same things to us as if we never heard them before. He would sometimes ask where I got certain testing done such as my HSG forgetting I've have all my testing done with him particularly. It started to feel very impersonal.
Describe the protocols Sy Le used in your cycles at IVFMD and their degree of success.
I started with 50mg of clomid and a trigger my first round of IUI. My lining suffered minimally with clomid (which I didn't find out until months later) Each time after that I was on Femara 2.5 then 7.5. I was also put on Gonal F for my 3rd round with no different reaction. My lining only suffered after I had my Hysteroscopy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVFMD.
All nursing staff has been extremely kind and answered all of my questions. When you want to get a hold of them, you have to leave a message, but they always call back the same day.
Describe your experience with IVFMD.
The Irving clinic has the typical "clinical feel". It's very clean a decent size with the lab attached to it. The Grapevine clinic run by Dr. Reed is much smaller with a much more comforting vibe. Each room is a different color with a cute little chaise, silk robe, in-scents, and a pillow.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sy Le at IVFMD.
I have no insurance coverage for fertility treatments. I paid $150 for each sono. I had to pay just my co pay for all meds except Gonal F which cost $400. I paid around $350 for my HSG, $300 for vial storage, and I had to pay completely out of pocket for my Hysteropscopy.
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVFMD.
I was told conflicting information several times regarding the storage fees of donor sperm. After I thought I had it worked out, the fees were still outstanding with no notes in my chart to reflect otherwise. I was also uninformed that my specimen would be completely unavailable to take our of storage during COVID-19. I was scheduled for IVF at another clinic and had to buy more donor sperm as IVFMD would not ship my vial.
Sy Le