Medical SchoolPhiladelphia Col
Wilkes Barre
150 Mundy Street MAC Building, 2nd floor
Wilkes Barre, PA 18702
215-887-2010
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tara Budinetz to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Abington Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
I feel that Tara [Dr. Budinetz] was "real" and not just giving me doctor language and saying things I didn't understand. She actually explained things in a way that made sense and felt my frustration with things that haven't worked. She was compassionate and honest with me.... She gave me a realistic timeline for how long we should try each step before moving on to the next step.... I started on Clomid and my body went crazy. My uterine lining was a 2 and my egg count was 6-8.
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
I feel that Tara was "real" and not just giving me doctor language and saying things I didn't understand. She actually explained things in a way that made sense and felt my frustration with things that haven't worked. She was compassionate and honest with me. She could feel my frustration and expressed her frustration for me and gave me hug and encouragement. She gave me a realistic timeline for how long we should try each step before moving on to the next step. The only frustrating piece of the process is that I have seen multiple doctors at Abington so sometimes I'm not exactly sure who my point person is, but I ask for Dr. Budinetz when possible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. You will get an honest answer and Dr. Budinetz has no problem explaining something multiple times until you get it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
The doctors at Abington Fertility have been informative and have answered my questions. When I've asked them to help me evaluate options I felt they really took in what my thought was and also gave me an honest answer on their thoughts. A lot of the nurses that I've seen have remembered personal things about me that I've talked about (my job, my husband being away for work, etc.) which made me feel like they were actually taking an interest in me.
Describe the protocols Tara Budinetz used in your cycles at Abington Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I started on Clomid and my body went crazy. My uterine lining was a 2 and my egg count was 6-8. The doctors would not let us try that cycle due to the dangers the cycle could cause me or a baby/babies. My 2nd and 3rd cycle was letrozle (50mg) and 1 IUI each time. My uterine lining and ovaries reacted well, but I didn't get pregnant. My 4th cycle was with Follistim injections (started at 75 units dropped to 50 units) and 1 IUI each time. Again my uterine lining and ovaries responded, but we didn't have any success getting pregnant. My 5th cycle was Follistim injections (50 units) and 2 IUIs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Anu & Sue)
I've seen Sue and Anu at the Abington office and they have been wonderful. They answered a lot of the questions I had and continue to have. They have been supportive through this process which can be overwhelming. They provided me with my blood results after every appointment and informed me of my uterine lining and egg/follicle count through every ultra sound. They also explain to me what the numbers actually mean. They had all my instructions written out for me for every cycle and provided me with YouTube links to review how to give injections when I had to start injectable cycles.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
I was referred by a friend to Abington Fertility and would refer others. Unfortunately things haven't happened as quickly as I hoped they would, but I do feel that the clinic is doing what they can. One strength is that they are flexible with scheduling which was a huge thing for me since I am a teacher and really can really only have early morning appointments and at an office close to me. The staff has been great to work with, informative and caring. I haven't had anyone yet that I didn't like and I feel like I've seen a lot of nurses/doctors. I feel like they are organized and do a good job at knowing what's going on with you when they come in to the room and can quickly see your history so that you don't have to explain your previous cycles every time you have a new person with you. When you call for a nurse you always have to leave a message and then need to wait for someone to call back which used to be always when I couldn't take a call. I've now started leaving times to call me back which has definitely helped that problem and they return calls within that day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
We have already spent $7,000 (testing, 4 cycle fees, 5 IUIs, medications) and that does not include any IVF costs.
Describe Tara Budinetz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Lee at Abington is who I met with for the IVF consultation and she said they would transfer 1 embryo
Lansdale
I honestly do not believe Dr. Budinetz has a weakness. She is thoughtful and kind. She is very thorough and honest. Whenever my husband and I feel negatively about our situation, she will sit and talk us through everything, weighing all of our options. We don't ever feel as though we are bothering her. I really could not ask for a better fertility specialist.... Dr. Budinetz did a couple of procedures checking my tubes, uterine lining, etc. Everything came out normal. My uterine lining does seem to have trouble becoming thick, so she has me take a baby aspirin, daily. Our last round of iui, instead of using clomid, she had me take a different hormone
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
She is very honest, but lovable. She will not force you to have expensive, unnecessary testing.
Dr. Budinetz and her staff are absolutely amazing! I feel as though they are my best friends, because of the strong shoulder they always offer us, to lean on. They answer questions, always so promptly and will talk with you all day, until you are absolutely sure, you understand. Dr. Budinetz always gives me a hug and let's me cry it out, if needed. When recommending them to others, I always say, "If and when we get pregnant, I will miss Dr. Budinetz and her staff". How could I not? You immediately feel welcomed, once you walk into the office.
Dr. Budinetz did a couple of procedures checking my tubes, uterine lining, etc. Everything came out normal. My uterine lining does seem to have trouble becoming thick, so she has me take a baby aspirin, daily. Our last round of iui, instead of using clomid, she had me take a different hormone (which I cannot remember for the life of me, the name of it) to also help thicken my uterine lining. Both this hormone and the baby aspirin have helped.
Just like Dr. Budinetz, the nursing staff is extremely warm and welcoming. They show compassion and are just wonderful at what they do. One of them actually was emailing with me, back and forth, on a Friday evening, because I was nervous about my trigger shot. I couldn't ask for anything more, from them.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
As soon as you walk in, it is just a very welcoming atmosphere. You feel like you are their top priority. They answer any and all questions. You never feel rushed and they always return phone calls and emails, promptly. I honestly do not have a negative thing to say.
I really cannot remember.
Bethlehem
Dr. Budinetz was sympathetic (and it felt genuine) towards our infertility and miscarriage. She spoke to me like a doctor, yet friend, in terms and with explainations I could understand. She took time to answer all my questions and when calling me with negative results gave her heart felt sympathy....she was compassionate, remembered little things about me that made me feel less of a number and had good bedside manner.
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Overall while I didn’t get the results I hoped for, she knew what she was doing and was able to put me at ease by answering questions. She was hopeful, however I wonder if it was almost too much for our situation. I wish she,the clinic and the other doctors really took into account the financial hardship and what it means.... sometimes having to go into debt or giving up on everything you hoped for and dreamed of. Sometimes having too much hope makes you fall harder when things fail, if that makes sense. I rate her well because in my heart of hearts I think she did the best she could. I was nervous at first because she seems young and therefore maybe doesn’t have as much experience, however I don’t think that’s the case. Last she was compassionate, remembered little things about me that made me feel less of a number and had good bedside manner.
Even though she seems young, give her your confidence.
Dr. Budinetz was sympathetic (and it felt genuine) towards our infertility and miscarriage. She spoke to me like a doctor, yet friend, in terms and with explainations I could understand. She took time to answer all my questions and when calling me with negative results gave her heart felt sympathy. She heard my concerns when I had them and provided solutions and answers. Last she had a warm smile and gave eye contact.
I don’t know what the cycle was called but we did IVF for poor responders. I used testosterone for awhile, followed my estrace and norethrindone. Once that stopped I started injectables twice a day, I think of low dose hcg, gonal F and microlupron. It worked and we got a lot more eggs (the first cycle was canceled prior). Both retrievals we got about 9 good eggs each. For being in my late 30s, this was good.
There was some miscommunications regarding what medication I needed for a repeat cycle. As it turned out I didn’t need what I thought they said and wasted about $200. Minus that for the most part they answered my questions and were fairly compassionate. They explained things adequately. On a few rare occasions I didn’t get calls returned.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Their billing department is a nightmare. They messed up a few times and wouldn’t return calls. It took months to straighten out. Last I wish everyone there would be more understanding and helpful regarding financial hardships and time commitment this takes. The secretaries/ admin could be more compassionate at times. The knowledge of their doctors is their strength. I never felt as if they didn’t have a handle on things.
While we had insurance I had copays and medications costs. I want to say we paid about 1/4-1/3 the price of a cycle out of pocket due to insurance.
She recommended doesn’t not more than 1, due to my age and previous history of embryos arresting (suggesting they weren’t normal or quality). They don’t recommend more than 3
Lansdale
I think Dr. Budinetz is the best doctor at Abington Reproductive Medicine. The other doctors are great as well, but she was different and so down to earth. Ask all of your questions because she was eager to answer them and explain in detail...She was straight forward and honest from the beginning. She did not mess around with my time. If something wasn't working we would move on to a more aggressive treatment. Luckily we didn't have to move to IVF. She gave me probability of success from the beginning, so I knew what to expect. She talked to me like a friend and treated me like an intelligent human being. I absolutely loved her from the minute we met. AND she got me pregnant in only seven months of treatment!
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
My doctor always called me to keep me updated on next steps and progress. Sometimes even before the results of my pregnancy test. I loved knowing what could be coming because I like to be prepared.
We started off with typical testing (clomid resistance test, HSG, SHS). Then we moved to Femara and timed intercourse because there was no indication that I was not ovulating on my own. After one failed cycle with timed intercourse we moved to IUI. For all three of my IUI cycles we did Femara, Ovidrel, and double IUI. I was also on Metformin even though I do not have insulin resistance. I only started Metformin during my last two cycles. I also took Ovasitol and ubiquinol. During my treatment I had two separate ovarian cysts that delayed a couple of cycles. I took birth control to resolve them. The cycle I became pregnant was one of the cycles right after taking birth control for two weeks to resolve a cyst.
They were always quick to respond to phone calls and emails. I only had to call once because they were late calling me with beta results and the nurse was very apologetic. They always called the same day for beta results and within hours for other questions. Some nurses had awesome bedside manner and others were just okay.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
They do everything for you regarding scheduling. Directions for each cycle were always very clear and someone was always available for questions. I feel like my every need was catered to.
My insurance covers fertility treatments. 70% after my deductible
Lansdale
She [Dr. Budinetz] is very down to earth and makes you feel like she cares. Almost like you are her only patient. She wants to see me happy...She is quite thorough and and understanding of my feelings. She's very positive and a sort of cheerleader which we can all use during this challenging time...
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
She will make you feel important
She is very down to earth and makes you feel like she cares. Almost like you are her only patient. She wants to see me happy.
She checked my tunes were open by flushing with saline and a small biopsy of my uterus. Found inflammation so she gave me a strong antibiotic to take for a day. Also suggested low dose aspirin to help thin my blood since I my blood work showed to clot a little too much. I had 3 IUI's with her. First had a test clomid cycle which I responded well to 50mg but I also never had a problem ovulating. First IUI no success but had many follicles. More aggressive 2nd IUI was with injectables (I believe due to my age of 41 at the time) gonal f 75mg, many follicles again but no success. 3rd IUI the same injectables but with different sperm donor and no success. Years prior I had a laparoscopic surgery for endo. She stated she didn't feel that to be a concern. At this point she stated she felt it most likely was my egg quality. Even though I have many the only way to know would be ivf and she knows how costly that is so she suggested embryo adoption to be my best chance at conceiving. I cannot afford ivf which my insurance does not cover so I am currently on a waiting list for up to a year waiting to be called.
Very caring and paid attention to detail
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Very understanding to the sensitive nature of their business. The only thing I find a little frustrating is you cannot call the office directly. You must call one central number and always be transferred to voicemails. No one ever answers the phone
My insurance doesn't cover much. The billing is very confusing. Since they are so thorough you will be seen several times a week during a cycle the cost is high. 3 IUI's cost out of pocket approximately $2,700 plus I purchased vials of sperm 3 times @ 1,000 a piece
Bethlehem
Dr Budinwtz was very warm and personable but also reality based which I appreciated...She was very thorough and clear with us... She was always honest with her thoughts as a docotr and prepared us well through out our journey on what to expect. She was also very helpful with managing early pregnancy symptoms and reassurance based in honesty and compassion...You will love her!
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
She was very thorough and clear with us. Warm and personable. She was always honest with her thoughts as a docotr and prepared us well through out our journey on what to expect. She was also very helpful with managing early pregnancy symptoms and reassurance based in honesty and compassion.
You will love her!
Letrizole and ovidrell trigger shot with timed intercourse
Nurses were pretty great but were messing up marking my bills for insurance . We had no coverage and paid out of pocket and they kept billing our insurance. Also took blood work for genetic testing after I had declined. They did this in conjunction with other blood work so I did not know at the time.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Be vigilant about billing processes as it is a huge hassle to fix later when you are already stressed out from the process itself. Staff are all amazing and helpful. Once I switched locations for this office I had less issues in the billing area
Cycle fee and costs of co pays for testing and medications
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Immunological, Other
Dr. Budinetz is very caring, takes time to explain every test, procedure and medications that she wants you to start.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Immunological, Other
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Business is very caring, takes time to explain every test, procedure and medications that she wants you to start. She makes sure that you understand everything and calls you back within a few hours of leaving a message for her.
Make sure you ask questions no question is silly or dumb.
Very kindly. Felt like they were treating me as an individual not a number.
Many of the nurses I had contact with were great with the exception of one.