6.3

Allentown
5018 Medical Center Circle, Suite 210
Allentown, PA 18106
484-640-5367

I feel that Tara [Dr. Budinetz] was "real" and not just giving me doctor language and saying things I didn't understand. She actually explained things in a way that made sense and felt my frustration with things that haven't worked. She was compassionate and honest with me.... She gave me a realistic timeline for how long we should try each step before moving on to the next step.... I started on Clomid and my body went crazy. My uterine lining was a 2 and my egg count was 6-8.
I was referred by a friend to Abington Fertility and would refer others....One strength is that they are flexible with scheduling which was a huge thing for me since I am a teacher and really can really only have early morning appointments and at an office close to me. The staff has been great to work with, informative and caring.... When you call for a nurse you always have to leave a message and then need to wait for someone to call back which used to be always when I couldn't take a call.
How was your experience with Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
I feel that Tara was "real" and not just giving me doctor language and saying things I didn't understand. She actually explained things in a way that made sense and felt my frustration with things that haven't worked. She was compassionate and honest with me. She could feel my frustration and expressed her frustration for me and gave me hug and encouragement. She gave me a realistic timeline for how long we should try each step before moving on to the next step. The only frustrating piece of the process is that I have seen multiple doctors at Abington so sometimes I'm not exactly sure who my point person is, but I ask for Dr. Budinetz when possible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. You will get an honest answer and Dr. Budinetz has no problem explaining something multiple times until you get it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
The doctors at Abington Fertility have been informative and have answered my questions. When I've asked them to help me evaluate options I felt they really took in what my thought was and also gave me an honest answer on their thoughts. A lot of the nurses that I've seen have remembered personal things about me that I've talked about (my job, my husband being away for work, etc.) which made me feel like they were actually taking an interest in me.
Describe the protocols Tara Budinetz used in your cycles at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine) and their degree of success.
I started on Clomid and my body went crazy. My uterine lining was a 2 and my egg count was 6-8. The doctors would not let us try that cycle due to the dangers the cycle could cause me or a baby/babies. My 2nd and 3rd cycle was letrozle (50mg) and 1 IUI each time. My uterine lining and ovaries reacted well, but I didn't get pregnant. My 4th cycle was with Follistim injections (started at 75 units dropped to 50 units) and 1 IUI each time. Again my uterine lining and ovaries responded, but we didn't have any success getting pregnant. My 5th cycle was Follistim injections (50 units) and 2 IUIs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Anu & Sue)
I've seen Sue and Anu at the Abington office and they have been wonderful. They answered a lot of the questions I had and continue to have. They have been supportive through this process which can be overwhelming. They provided me with my blood results after every appointment and informed me of my uterine lining and egg/follicle count through every ultra sound. They also explain to me what the numbers actually mean. They had all my instructions written out for me for every cycle and provided me with YouTube links to review how to give injections when I had to start injectable cycles.
Describe your experience with Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
I was referred by a friend to Abington Fertility and would refer others. Unfortunately things haven't happened as quickly as I hoped they would, but I do feel that the clinic is doing what they can. One strength is that they are flexible with scheduling which was a huge thing for me since I am a teacher and really can really only have early morning appointments and at an office close to me. The staff has been great to work with, informative and caring. I haven't had anyone yet that I didn't like and I feel like I've seen a lot of nurses/doctors. I feel like they are organized and do a good job at knowing what's going on with you when they come in to the room and can quickly see your history so that you don't have to explain your previous cycles every time you have a new person with you. When you call for a nurse you always have to leave a message and then need to wait for someone to call back which used to be always when I couldn't take a call. I've now started leaving times to call me back which has definitely helped that problem and they return calls within that day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tara Budinetz at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
We have already spent $7,000 (testing, 4 cycle fees, 5 IUIs, medications) and that does not include any IVF costs.
Describe Tara Budinetz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Dr. Lee at Abington is who I met with for the IVF consultation and she said they would transfer 1 embryo
Lansdale
I honestly do not believe Dr. Budinetz has a weakness. She is thoughtful and kind. She is very thorough and honest. Whenever my husband and I feel negatively about our situation, she will sit and talk us through everything, weighing all of our options. We don't ever feel as though we are bothering her. I really could not ask for a better fertility specialist.... Dr. Budinetz did a couple of procedures checking my tubes, uterine lining, etc. Everything came out normal. My uterine lining does seem to have trouble becoming thick, so she has me take a baby aspirin, daily. Our last round of iui, instead of using clomid, she had me take a different hormone
As soon as you walk in, it is just a very welcoming atmosphere. You feel like you are their top priority. They [Abington Reproductive Med] answer any and all questions. You never feel rushed and they always return phone calls and emails, promptly. I honestly do not have a negative thing to say.... Dr. Budinetz and her staff are absolutely amazing! I feel as though they are my best friends, because of the strong shoulder they always offer us, to lean on.
She is very honest, but lovable. She will not force you to have expensive, unnecessary testing.
Dr. Budinetz and her staff are absolutely amazing! I feel as though they are my best friends, because of the strong shoulder they always offer us, to lean on. They answer questions, always so promptly and will talk with you all day, until you are absolutely sure, you understand. Dr. Budinetz always gives me a hug and let's me cry it out, if needed. When recommending them to others, I always say, "If and when we get pregnant, I will miss Dr. Budinetz and her staff". How could I not? You immediately feel welcomed, once you walk into the office.
Dr. Budinetz did a couple of procedures checking my tubes, uterine lining, etc. Everything came out normal. My uterine lining does seem to have trouble becoming thick, so she has me take a baby aspirin, daily. Our last round of iui, instead of using clomid, she had me take a different hormone (which I cannot remember for the life of me, the name of it) to also help thicken my uterine lining. Both this hormone and the baby aspirin have helped.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
Just like Dr. Budinetz, the nursing staff is extremely warm and welcoming. They show compassion and are just wonderful at what they do. One of them actually was emailing with me, back and forth, on a Friday evening, because I was nervous about my trigger shot. I couldn't ask for anything more, from them.
As soon as you walk in, it is just a very welcoming atmosphere. You feel like you are their top priority. They answer any and all questions. You never feel rushed and they always return phone calls and emails, promptly. I honestly do not have a negative thing to say.
I really cannot remember.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Budinetz] is very down to earth and makes you feel like she cares. Almost like you are her only patient. She wants to see me happy...She is quite thorough and and understanding of my feelings. She's very positive and a sort of cheerleader which we can all use during this challenging time...
Very understanding to the sensitive nature of their business [at Abington Repro - Toll - Beth]. The only thing I find a little frustrating is you cannot call the office directly. You must call one central number and always be transferred to voicemails. No one ever answers the phone...My insurance doesn't cover much. The billing is very confusing. Since they are so thorough you will be seen several times a week during a cycle the cost is high. 3 IUI's cost out of pocket approximately $2,700 plus I purchased vials of sperm 3 times @ 1,000 a piece...
She will make you feel important
She is very down to earth and makes you feel like she cares. Almost like you are her only patient. She wants to see me happy.
She checked my tunes were open by flushing with saline and a small biopsy of my uterus. Found inflammation so she gave me a strong antibiotic to take for a day. Also suggested low dose aspirin to help thin my blood since I my blood work showed to clot a little too much. I had 3 IUI's with her. First had a test clomid cycle which I responded well to 50mg but I also never had a problem ovulating. First IUI no success but had many follicles. More aggressive 2nd IUI was with injectables (I believe due to my age of 41 at the time) gonal f 75mg, many follicles again but no success. 3rd IUI the same injectables but with different sperm donor and no success. Years prior I had a laparoscopic surgery for endo. She stated she didn't feel that to be a concern. At this point she stated she felt it most likely was my egg quality. Even though I have many the only way to know would be ivf and she knows how costly that is so she suggested embryo adoption to be my best chance at conceiving. I cannot afford ivf which my insurance does not cover so I am currently on a waiting list for up to a year waiting to be called.
Very caring and paid attention to detail
Very understanding to the sensitive nature of their business. The only thing I find a little frustrating is you cannot call the office directly. You must call one central number and always be transferred to voicemails. No one ever answers the phone
Bethlehem

I think Dr. Budinetz is the best doctor at Abington Reproductive Medicine. The other doctors are great as well, but she was different and so down to earth. Ask all of your questions because she was eager to answer them and explain in detail...She was straight forward and honest from the beginning. She did not mess around with my time. If something wasn't working we would move on to a more aggressive treatment. Luckily we didn't have to move to IVF. She gave me probability of success from the beginning, so I knew what to expect. She talked to me like a friend and treated me like an intelligent human being. I absolutely loved her from the minute we met. AND she got me pregnant in only seven months of treatment!
I think Dr. Budinetz is the best doctor at Abington Reproductive Medicine. The other doctors are great as well, but she was different and so down to earth. Ask all of your questions because she was eager to answer them and explain in detail...They were always quick to respond to phone calls and emails. I only had to call once because they were late calling me with beta results and the nurse was very apologetic. They always called the same day for beta results and within hours for other questions. Some nurses had awesome bedside manner and others were just okay.
My doctor always called me to keep me updated on next steps and progress. Sometimes even before the results of my pregnancy test. I loved knowing what could be coming because I like to be prepared.
We started off with typical testing (clomid resistance test, HSG, SHS). Then we moved to Femara and timed intercourse because there was no indication that I was not ovulating on my own. After one failed cycle with timed intercourse we moved to IUI. For all three of my IUI cycles we did Femara, Ovidrel, and double IUI. I was also on Metformin even though I do not have insulin resistance. I only started Metformin during my last two cycles. I also took Ovasitol and ubiquinol. During my treatment I had two separate ovarian cysts that delayed a couple of cycles. I took birth control to resolve them. The cycle I became pregnant was one of the cycles right after taking birth control for two weeks to resolve a cyst.
They do everything for you regarding scheduling. Directions for each cycle were always very clear and someone was always available for questions. I feel like my every need was catered to.
My insurance covers fertility treatments. 70% after my deductible
What specific things went wrong at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
My prescription wasn't called in one time. Not a big deal, although it was stressful. I wasn't called before closing with beta results, but the nurse eventually called me back and was very apologetic.
Lansdale

She [Dr. Budinetz] decides single versus multiple based on your personal case and situation but ultimately leaves the final decision to the patient...Her bedside manner was amazing. She crossed every t and dotted every i to make sure we had the best possible results. I can't describe any weaknesses with her because she was a great dr. Although we didn't have a positive pregnancy test she remains invested in our case and helping us become parents
Molly [nurse at Abington Reproductive Medicine] was a great communicator and had a great personality...It [monitoring] was well oiled machine. You'd get called back for bloodwork and then back to the monitoring room. They'd be in within minutes...$11,000 for ivf cycle plus $4000 for meds...Returned my calls and answered questions within hours of my call if I called during business hours. Any calls after hours were returned early afternoon. If I had a question they couldn't answer while I was on the phone with them they would refer to the dr and then call me back with an answer
Be open and honest with her about your situation and your expectations
Our treatment before, during and after the cycle was outstanding. Dr. B and her staff were always willing to answer our questions and showed that they genuinely cared
Lupron downflow, follistim, hcg low, hcg trigger shot, pio. Post transfer, pio every other day, progesterone suppository nightly, estrogen. Negative pregnancy test due to egg quality
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Molly and Kristen)
Molly was a great communicator and had a great personality Kristen not so much, nice, but Molly was better
Always willing to help and communicate. Returned my calls and answered questions within hours of my call if I called during business hours. Any calls after hours were returned early afternoon. If I had a question they couldn't answer while I was on the phone with them they would refer to the dr and then call me back with an answer
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine).
It was well oiled machine. You'd get called back for bloodwork and then back to the monitoring room. They'd be in within minutes
$11,000 for ivf cycle plus $4000 for meds
She decides single versus multiple based on your personal case and situation but ultimately leaves the final decision to the patient
Bethlehem

[Dr. Budinetz is] very understanding and provides answers to all questions. She also recognizes that environmental factors can play a role in infertility and refers patients to acupuncture during treatment...I was able to be seen within a week of calling and was told almost immediately what she thought was going on. After all testing was complete it was confirmed that I have diminished reserve. She’s been honest that I can get pregnant, but may have low quality eggs given my high levels.
[The nursing staff at Abington Reproductive Medicine is] Amazing and very sweet...IUI runs roughly $1,500 a cycle...The overall practice is great, appointment setting can be stressful. Sometimes appointments are set without talking to you and you are forced to work your schedule around availability. This also is an attempt to get you seen quickly, so likely not an issue if you don’t need to move quickly...I had a full blood panel, HSG and saline sono. After these were complete I used letrozole for 5 days during my cycle. This proved the best as I had two large follicles. We actually have round 1 of IUI tomorrow and letrozle once again produces two quality eggs.
The doctor is fantastic, they do have a small staff so appointments are made from their main office in Abington, which can lead to undesired appointment times. I was able to be seen within a week of calling and was told almost immediately what she thought was going on. After all testing was complete it was confirmed that I have diminished reserve. She’s been honest that I can get pregnant, but may have low quality eggs given my high levels.
You need an understanding job as appointments are scattered.
She’s very understanding and provides answers to all questions. She also recognizes that environmental factors can play a role in infertility and refers patients to acupuncture during treatment.
Amazing and very sweet.
My insurance covers all testing, but zero treatment. IUI runs roughly $1,500 a cycle.

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr. B [Budinetz] is so patient and kind, you never feel rushed when in her office. She puts everything out on the table for you in the most gentle of ways. She is easy to get an appointment with & always so warm and welcoming. I can’t say enough good things about her. 3 years ago she correctly diagnosed me with endometriosis.. after months of fertility pills and 2 years of trying to get pregnant I finally got my miracle baby. We have been TTC
Easy to get an appt which I know is not typical of fertility offices. The front desk staff [Abington Reproductive Med] are pleasant. You get your results back in a timely manner from the nurses most times which helps alleviate some of the anxiety of TTC. No negatives.... Molly [nurse] was also great! She was available when Dr. B wasn’t and did some of my tests as well.... Dr. B [Budinetz] is so warm, friendly, accommodating knowledgeable (the list could go on & on!)
Dr. B is so patient and kind, you never feel rushed when in her office. She puts everything out on the table for you in the most gentle of ways. She is easy to get an appointment with & always so warm and welcoming. I can’t say enough good things about her. 3 years ago she correctly diagnosed me with endometriosis.. after months of fertility pills and 2 years of trying to get pregnant I finally got my miracle baby. We have been TTC # 2 for the last 18 months with her assistance.
She is so much better then any doctor I’ve ever seen for any issue! She truly is world class.
Dr. B is so warm, friendly, accommodating knowledgeable (the list could go on & on!)
3 50 mg rounds of clomid Laparoscopic surgery to rule out endo 2 rounds of 5 mg (pregnant on final dosage) TTC #2, 3 rounds of 5 mg femara and 1 round of 100 mg Clomid. So far no pregnancy yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Sincera Reproductive Medicine (FKA Abington Reproductive Medicine). (Assigned nurse: Molly- PA)
Molly was also great! She was available when Dr. B wasn’t and did some of my tests as well.
Easy to get an appt which I know is not typical of fertility offices. The front desk staff are pleasant. You get your results back in a timely manner from the nurses most times which helps alleviate some of the anxiety of TTC. No negatives.
Luckily my insurance covered mostly everything due to my Endometriosis being the diagnosis codes. The fertility pills were fairly cheap.
Bethlehem
She [Dr. Budinetz] was honest and treated my partner and I with respect at all times. She was fantastic. ... She explained everything simply so there were no misunderstandings. She did not hype us up either to where we expected results right away. She also did not push treatments that we did not feel comfortable with. ... She is super knowledgeable and wants the best for her patients.
They [Abington Repro] had great hours I could usually get to before work. They were easy to work with and overall just a great feel to the office at such a stressful time. I recommend this office and dr to everyone I know who suspects they may need help getting pregnant ... The whole office was amazing. From the front desk to the PA, they were all so understanding and compassionate
Have an open mind and follow everything that she tells you to do. She is super knowledgeable and wants the best for her patients.
She was honest and treated my partner and I with respect at all times. She was fantastic.
I tried clomid with my OBGYN, and then letrozole with a trigger shot. I had blood work and ultrasounds to monitor follicle growth and hormones. then I did injectable medications followed with IUI each cycle.
They had great hours I could usually get to before work. They were easy to work with and overall just a great feel to the office at such a stressful time. I recommend this office and dr to everyone I know who suspects they may need help getting pregnant
Most was covered by my insurance, we had to pay out of pocket for the medications.
Bethlehem
Dr Budinwtz was very warm and personable but also reality based which I appreciated...She was very thorough and clear with us... She was always honest with her thoughts as a docotr and prepared us well through out our journey on what to expect. She was also very helpful with managing early pregnancy symptoms and reassurance based in honesty and compassion...You will love her!
Be vigilant about billing processes [at Abington Reproductive Medicine] as it is a huge hassle to fix later when you are already stressed out from the process itself. Staff are all amazing and helpful. Once I switched locations for this office I had less issues in the billing area...Nurses were pretty great but were messing up marking my bills for insurance . We had no coverage and paid out of pocket and they kept billing our insurance. Also took blood work for genetic testing after I had declined. They did this in conjunction with other blood work so I did not know at the time.
She was very thorough and clear with us. Warm and personable. She was always honest with her thoughts as a docotr and prepared us well through out our journey on what to expect. She was also very helpful with managing early pregnancy symptoms and reassurance based in honesty and compassion.
You will love her!
Letrizole and ovidrell trigger shot with timed intercourse
Be vigilant about billing processes as it is a huge hassle to fix later when you are already stressed out from the process itself. Staff are all amazing and helpful. Once I switched locations for this office I had less issues in the billing area
Cycle fee and costs of co pays for testing and medications
Blood was drawn for genetic testing that I had previously declined.
2015, Unknown Success
Dr. Budinetz is very caring, takes time to explain every test, procedure and medications that she wants you to start.
Felt like they were treating me as an individual not a number. Many of the nurses I had contact with [at Abington Reproductive] were great with the exception of one.
Dr. Business is very caring, takes time to explain every test, procedure and medications that she wants you to start. She makes sure that you understand everything and calls you back within a few hours of leaving a message for her.
Make sure you ask questions no question is silly or dumb.
Very kindly. Felt like they were treating me as an individual not a number.
Many of the nurses I had contact with were great with the exception of one.