Excellent

212-256-8200
635 Madison Ave
212-756-5777

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Nazem was always upbeat and positive...Being a large facility, I didn’t feel like just a number. I had the choice to see her for every appointment or go to whichever location best fit my schedule. Due to scheduling and my cycle, Dr. Seckon performed my egg retrieval. Dr. Nazem was the one who planned my treatment, performed my successful transfer, including my monitoring after my positive pregnancy test. I really felt cared for, and heard the entire time...
Nurses [at RMA of New York] always called back promptly if I had any additional questions or concerns. Staff was fantastic, and professional...Sometimes the clinic would be busy during monitoring appointments. Their new Brooklyn facility now accommodates more seating for patients, compared to previous one. The facilities are clean, and technology used seems to be the latest available. Sonograms looked clear on the screen...
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Dr. Nazem was always upbeat and positive. Something that I really needed, and appreciated during times of worry and fear. Being a large facility, I didn’t feel like just a number. I had the choice to see her for every appointment or go to whichever location best fit my schedule. Due to scheduling and my cycle, Dr. Seckon performed my egg retrieval. Dr. Nazem was the one who planned my treatment, performed my successful transfer, including my monitoring after my positive pregnancy test. I really felt cared for, and heard the entire time. I can’t recommend her enough.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Your relationship with your doctor is what you make of it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Warm bedside manner. My questions, concerns, and even thoughts on the process were heard. Dr. Nazem always returns emails promptly.
Describe the protocols Taraneh Nazem used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My egg retrieval was in 2020 during the summer of the pandemic. I was on Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirelix, and Pregnyl for my trigger. I was thankfully not over stimulated. Out of 15/16 follicles, 13 eggs were retrieved. 9 fertilized, and 8 made it to blasts. Transfers took place end of 2021. First transfer prep estrace 3 x day, and 5 days before transfer 1 baby aspirin/day, and 1ml of progesterone in oil. Transfer was unsuccessful. Second transfer estrace 3 x day, 5 days before transfer baby aspirin, 1ml of progesterone in oil, medrol, lovenox. Transfer was successful, and currently pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana (nurse) Cynthia (coordinator))
Nurses always called back promptly if I had any additional questions or concerns. Staff was fantastic, and professional.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York.
My insurance covered everything.
NY - Westside

2020, 10 Eggs Frozen
I chose Dr. Nazem based on her credentials and what I received was above and beyond a diverse group of women (and some men) who want the best for me and my needs. I found not only a doctor to freeze my eggs, but a facility [RMA of New York] I will go to for any fertility needs in the future. ... I went to Dr. Nazem based on research and after discussing the best plan for me (egg freezing), we went right into an exam room and put all my fears at ease.
[At RMA of New York] I was immediately appointed an IVF Coordinator, Finance Trainer and a Primary IVF Nurse to start the process. Each step was easy to understand with training videos on how to administer medications, there was personalized paperwork to help keep track of daily shots, and if all else failed a phone call or email was readily available. I never felt alone throughout the process.
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
If you aren't sure just make the appointment and put your mind at ease.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana Alicea; Shira Levie)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I am 35-years-old in a long happy relationship but both of us are not ready for children. My worries stemmed from can I even have kids to how many eggs do I have left? I went to Dr. Nazem based on research and after discussing the best plan for me (egg freezing), we went right into an exam room and put all my fears at ease. I was immediately appointed an IVF Coordinator, Finance Trainer and a Primary IVF Nurse to start the process. Each step was easy to understand with training videos on how to administer medications, there was personalized paperwork to help keep track of daily shots, and if all else failed a phone call or email was readily available. I never felt alone throughout the process. Each appointment (and there are a lot!) was early and I was in and out within 30 minutes. I spent more time in the uber on most days. Even though they were quick appointments, I always was asked about me and how I was doing. Everyone was always very friendly and considerate of what I was happening. After the procedure I was struggling a bit and the front receptionist walked me all the way to my ride (I wish I would have remembered her name, but I had a lot going on. Thank you for your consideration!). She made sure I was safely on my way home. The bad - I was confused in the beginning with the shot regimen and stressed myself out, shocking but the shots didn’t feel great, I couldn't work out for weeks the way I like to, I was bloated in my lower stomach, trips to the office got old, and I cramped for three days after the procedure (make sure you have a heating pad!) The good - I have given myself a breath to choose when I am ready to have children and to give myself a better chance to live the life I want to lead. I chose Dr. Nazem based on her credentials and what I received was above and beyond a diverse group of women (and some men) who want the best for me and my needs. I found not only a doctor to freeze my eggs, but a facility I will go to for any fertility needs in the future. Thank you to Dr. Nazem, Shira, Geraldine, Tatiana, and all the nurses!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
- $9,000 for egg freezing cycle - $750 anesthesia for egg retrieval procedure - $4,000 - $7,000 for medications

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Nazem was great. I am in my early 40s and she was very realistic about my options and odds. She was not pushy but wanted me to have all the information to make informed decisions...She will be realistic with you so it's important to do your homework/ research and be prepared to ask many questions so you feel empowered and informed...
RMA is a well oiled machine. They are professionals and know what they are doing. It does feel robotic at times and you do feel like a number in a large pool, but 1:1 interactions are great and they do take the time to answer any questions you have...Tatiana [nurse] was great. She communicated all the instructions and next steps efficiently. Cynthia Ng was my care coordinator. She was great at communicating details to me and my partner. Everyone else on the nursing staff I interacted with was great...
How was your experience with Taraneh Nazem at RMA of New York?
Dr. Nazem was great. She communicated clearly and really took the rules to get to know me, my situation and needs before recommending options. She was very realistic and not too pushy. She made me feel comfortable and well informed.
I'm in my early 40s. I first went to RMA just for egg freezing at the start of the pandemic and that went well. Froze 8 eggs. We discussed also creating embryos as a second course of treatment, but I didn't have a partner and didn't feel like going down the sperm donor route. A year later I returned with a partner and was ready to go the full IVF route. The course of treatment was the same as egg freezing. This time around, they retrieved more eggs and we are currently awaiting the development of the embryos to the blastocyst stage so we can complete PGT-A prior to embryo implantation. I had no adverse effects from either cycle of the meds and all has gone as planned or better so far
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Tatiana Alicea)
Tatiana was great. She communicated all the instructions and next steps efficiently. Cynthia Ng was my care coordinator. She was great at communicating details to me and my partner. Everyone else on the nursing staff I interacted with was great
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA is a well oiled machine. They are professionals and know what they are doing. It does feel robotic at times and you do feel like a number in a large pool, but 1:1 interactions are great and they do take the time to answer any questions you have. They had strict COVID protocols and I felt safe.
Egg freezing was not covered by my insurance so I had to pay that out of pocket. A discount is available if you use WIN Fertility. For IVF, that was covered by my insurance. I still had to pay out of pocket for the anesthesiologist and PGT-A.
Describe Taraneh Nazem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
I'm not at the embryo transfer stage yet but I have heard based on my age, a single embryo transfer might be best.. I'm okay with tha as this is my first pregnancy.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I was told last late in the process that zi needed medical clearance from my primary care physician and an EKG before I could proceed. Luckily I have a great relationship with my PCP and she was able to squeeze me in to accommodate this request but I wish I knew that in advance. It could have potentially delayed the process another month.