Medical SchoolTopiwala National
Virginia Beach
2075 Glenn Mitchell Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
757-446-7100
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tarita Pakrashi to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.4
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jones Institute For Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr. Pakrashi is very supportive and knowledgable. She has an amazing bedside manner...She is friendly and thorough in making sure I receive the care I need. She is also very responsive when I contact her with questions or concerns. I know that she and I share the same goals for my fertility...She was very empathetic and highly responsive to all questions or concerns.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
How was your experience with Tarita Pakrashi at Jones Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Pakrashi is very supportive and knowledgable. She has an amazing bedside manner. I have been seeing her for 2 years now and therefore understand how to best communicate with her and receive recommendations. She is friendly and thorough in making sure I receive the care I need. She is also very responsive when I contact her with questions or concerns. I know that she and I share the same goals for my fertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tarita Pakrashi at Jones Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Ask as many questions as possible and do not be afraid to re-ask the same questions or have information repeated back to you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tarita Pakrashi at Jones Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Tarita is very understanding and listens to you as a patient very closely. She was very empathetic and highly responsive to all questions or concerns.
Describe the protocols Tarita Pakrashi used in your cycles at Jones Institute For Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Cycle 1: Letrozole + progesterone since we were still at the beginning of my fertility journey. With the addition of progesterone, I got pregnant, but ultimately it ended in an ectopic pregnancy. Surgery to remove right tube. Cycle 2: Letrozole. We did not add progesterone because I was ovulating on the side where my tube had been removed. I did get pregnant, but also ended in an ectopic pregnancy with methotrexate shot to manage it. Cycle 3: Gonal-F + progesterone with timed intercourse. Levothyroxine added to treat hypothyroidism and reduce TSH levels. The goal was to produce more eggs. However in this cycle it seemed most of the egg production was on my tubeless side. No pregnancy resulted. Cycle 4: Gonal-F + progesterone = IUI. The goal was to produce more eggs again and also plant the sperm closer to the egg. In my honest opinion the IUI concept is flawed and a bit of a waste of money. Perhaps if there had been multiple IUIs done during this cycle, it might have worked, but this resulted in no pregnancy. Cycle 5: IVF using Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellix. The goal was to implant embryos. I was on a relatively low dose of Menopur and Follistim. Despite these low dosages, I was unable to have the Hcg trigger because of the risk of OHSS. Dr. Pakrashi was very attentive in making sure I did not get to sick and was very on top of my care. I used a lupron trigger for the egg retrieval and all embryos were frozen. Cycle 6: Frozen Embryo Transfer using estrogen patches and tablets and Endometrin inserts. The amount of Endomentrin inserts was increased due to not enough progesterone in my system. Cycle ongoing...
Most of the nurses here are excellent. In my first couple of cycles I had some problems with not receiving calls back to messages I would leave. However, in the past 3 cycles communication has improved significantly! Everyone is very friendly and nice.
Describe your experience with Jones Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: Extensive resources, Easy to communicate with via FollowMyHealth portal, large staff, good equipment Weaknesses: Occasionally long wait times to be seen, expensive, you won't always see your specific doctor, which can be good or bad depending on the situation. Sometimes it's nice to have another doctor's opinion, other times, the consistency of a dr. that knows you is better. BUT you can schedule as best as possible to always see the same dr.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarita Pakrashi at Jones Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
Most of my care was done through claims submitted to my insurance agency and out of pocket expenses. They do not take Tricare, but will submit claims on your behalf. The process is frustrating because you receive checks that then need to be mailed to EVMS.
Describe Tarita Pakrashi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Jones Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Pakrashi sat down with me to discuss the risks and rewards with eSET vs multiple embryo transfer however she ultimately left the decision to me as the patient and I elected to for multiple embryo transfer.
Virginia Beach
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Pakrashi] is thorough, intelligent and extremely compassionate. I feel 100 percent comfortable under her care. She’s always optimistic yet honest at the same time. We have been through multiple failed cycles - both negative and miscarriages- and she is one of the reasons that I have the strength to keep going.... I have PCOS and poor egg quality. Her recommendation was IVF ICSI but we still owe from our last IVF cycle and our toddler is diabetic, so we can’t spend out of pocket money on another.
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
She is thorough, intelligent and extremely compassionate. I feel 100 percent comfortable under her care. She’s always optimistic yet honest at the same time. We have been through multiple failed cycles - both negative and miscarriages- and she is one of the reasons that I have the strength to keep going.
Be upfront and honest about your concerns or fears. She really does care and she wants to know!
She is the most compassionate doctor I have ever seen.
I have PCOS and poor egg quality. Her recommendation was IVF ICSI but we still owe from our last IVF cycle and our toddler is diabetic, so we can’t spend out of pocket money on another. Since I have bad egg quality and I am 39, the goal is to get as many eggs as possible in hopes of finding a good one- like we did with my daughter!
Some are good, and some are just ok. It depends on who you get. I don’t have an assigned nurse bc we aren’t currently doing IVF
Describe your experience with Jones Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
Wonderful doctors! They know their stuff- they won’t treat you like a number. Nursing staff could be better. Sometimes they get things confused and don’t follow up in a timely manner— other nurses do- it just depends. At the end of the day- it’s the doctors that matter and these ones are great
We are 100 percent out of pocket do the cost is very high
What specific things went wrong at Jones Institute For Reproductive Medicine?
Norfolk
She [Dr. Tarita Pakrashi] was very kind and compassionate... always felt like she really cared. She gave us a lot of hope and we plan on doing IVF with her. She also explained everything very well. She took the time to answer all the questions we had...
European, Other
Dr. Pakrashi was very kind and always felt like she really cared. She gave us a lot of hope and we plan on doing IVF with her. She also explained everything very well. She took the time to answer all the questions we had.
Write down any questions you have so you remember them all to ask.
She was very kind and compassionate.
We haven’t started IVF yet.
Laughed at me when I asked a question. Acted annoyed and over worked . Also complained a lot
Describe your experience with Jones Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
The IVF was very nice and provided a lot of information over the phone and also answered all my questions. Most the nurses and office workers act annoyed like they don’t care at all. Some of the nurse are great.
After IVF would be about 20,000 So far it’s been about 4,000
Endometriosis, PCOS
She [Dr. Tarita Pakrashi] is very compassionate and wants us to have another child. I believed she genuinely felt bad when a treatment didn't work. She would call and check on us and always start planning the next treatment...
Endometriosis, PCOS
She is very compassionate and wants us to have another child. I believed she genuinely felt bad when a treatment didn't work. She would call and check on us and always start planning the next treatment.
Be patient
She showed genuine compassion
At times they seemed preoccupied
Describe your experience with Jones Institute For Reproductive Medicine.
The cost is very high, but multiple locations made it easy to make visits.
We did an IVF study that cost 4400, most other appointments were a few hundred