Medical SchoolTopiwala National
757-446-7100
2075 Glenn Mitchell Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
757-446-7100
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tarita Pakrashi to a friend?

6.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
2018 - 2020
Male Factor, Other
We started fertility treatments with Dr. Pakrashi about 7 years after my husband froze sperm due to a second diagnosis of testicular cancer with a second orchiectomy that would leave him sterile. ... This changed a bit when she left the clinic. She did not reach out to let us know, so we were completely blindsided right before starting medication for our FET. We found out through my acupuncturist. It was very disheartening as infertility is already challenging enough to be thrown another setback that could’ve been handled better was completely frustrating.
I feel that the clinic [Jones Institute For Repro Med] is run very effectively and that the staff is kind and helpful. My biggest concern is feeling like there is always more information about my case and general infertility that I don’t know and feel should be offered to us without asking. I wish we were provided more details and reports etc. While the staff is kind and helpful and ask us to reach out with any concerns I find it difficult to get direct contact with those I’m trying to speak with.
2018 - 2020
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Tarita Pakrashi at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
We started fertility treatments with Dr. Pakrashi about 7 years after my husband froze sperm due to a second diagnosis of testicular cancer with a second orchiectomy that would leave him sterile. Reviewing my health and cycle regularity it looked like we would have a pretty simple IVF case. Her positivity lead us to choose a single cycle with ICSI and PGS. Stimmming went well, 12 eggs were retrieved, 5 made it to day 5. 2 were abnormal, 2 normal, and 1 with no results. Our first FET failed, which seemed unlikely, so we moved forward with an ERA test that found I was prereceptive. I loved that Dr. Pakrashi suggested this sooner rather than waiting for multiple failed transfers. Our second FET also failed to implant. She was very helpful and supportive in deciding to move forward with another FET with the embryo that had no results. Unfortunately the cycle was postponed due to COVID19. Overall, we’ve had a positive experience, but I wish we were provided more details and information without having to ask first. We often feel like they (the clinic as a whole) keep reports simple and if we didn’t ask questions we’d be more lost and confused. We don’t always feel confident in our knowledge, but we’re comforted by Dr. Pakrashi’s openness and willingness to talk us through anything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tarita Pakrashi at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions. You are your own best advocate. Read before you go to appointments and clarify anything that leaves you unsure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tarita Pakrashi at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Pakrashi is kind and helpful. She knows more about us then just our medical file, which makes us feel like she is invested. She’s quick to respond and always wants us to know she has not ‘forgotten’ us. This changed a bit when she left the clinic. She did not reach out to let us know, so we were completely blindsided right before starting medication for our FET. We found out through my acupuncturist. It was very disheartening as infertility is already challenging enough to be thrown another setback that could’ve been handled better was completely frustrating.
Describe the protocols Tarita Pakrashi used in your cycles at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
For stimming we used menopur and gonal f. I reacted perfectly to the meds and the clinic was very happy with the 12 eggs retrieved. For the FET cycles I’ve had the protocol has remained the same using estradiol patches, intravginal estradiol pills, and PIO injections. After my first failed FET Dr. Pakrashi suggested an ERA that found me prereceptive; therefore my second FET was adjusted slightly for me to be on PIO injections for 6 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Olena Smagliy )
The nursing staff is kind and efficient. They’re helpful when we have additional needs and concerns.
Describe your experience with Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I feel that the clinic is run very effectively and that the staff is kind and helpful. My biggest concern is feeling like there is always more information about my case and general infertility that I don’t know and feel should be offered to us without asking. I wish we were provided more details and reports etc. While the staff is kind and helpful and ask us to reach out with any concerns I find it difficult to get direct contact with those I’m trying to speak with.
Describe Tarita Pakrashi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Pakrashi strongly suggested single embryo transfers.
What specific things went wrong at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Out of all our appointments only one ultrasound and blood draw was not put on the schedule. The staff still saw me and took care of all my needs. There was also a bit of confusion about my husbands sperm bank, but the staff was very helpful in getting the correct answers for us.
Norfolk

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Tarita Pakrashi at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

2019 - 2020
I really loved Dr. Pakrashi. She has since left the clinic and I cried when she told me she was leaving. I loved that she included Eastern medicine and practices in with the IVF treatment plan. Whenever I had a question or questioned anything, she always took it seriously and answered me. I felt like she was our personal cheerleader, like we were her only patients. She really takes time to get to know you and be there for you.
Strengths: They [Jones Institute] have been doing this for a long time (one of the first IVF clinics in the US) and the doctors are all incredible. Weaknesses: Communication from Front Desk, Billing, and Nurses can be hit or miss. I would recommend getting emails from everyone and I wish they would just give them right off the bat as I found communicating this way was much more easy and effective.
2019 - 2020
Trust her but do not be afraid to voice any questions or fears.
She cared about us as people. She took interest in our lives outside of infertility. She was warm and compassionate and full of passion to help us. I always felt like she gave me the advice she would give herself.
I am 36 with an AMH of .299 with male factor (morphology). Pre-retrieval daily supplement, etc: 88 mg Thyroid pill 75 mg DHEA 600 mg ubiquinol Vit D supplements Plus prenatal and fish oil 1x weekly acupuncture (started two months before retrieval) 1-2x weekly yoga No strenuous workouts one month prior Recommended no coffee or alcohol (I abstained for 2+ months prior to retrieval). I did not eat gluten and dairy for one month prior to my start date. Stim protocol (day three start): 5 days of clomid 150 of menopur 150 of gonal F 4 syringes of ganarelix Pregnyl Trigger They counted 7 follicles and retrieved 6 eggs. 5 fertilized and 2 embryos made it to blast. We have a 4AA and 4CB graded embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lena)
My IVF coordinator was really great when I was able to talk with her. The stress came from being able to get a hold of her. Sometimes it was difficult as she was super busy. I get it, but when you are starting something so scary and new, you want to feel taken care of and sometimes I felt I had to reach out multiple times to get an answer.
Describe your experience with Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: They have been doing this for a long time (one of the first IVF clinics in the US) and the doctors are all incredible. Weaknesses: Communication from Front Desk, Billing, and Nurses can be hit or miss. I would recommend getting emails from everyone and I wish they would just give them right off the bat as I found communicating this way was much more easy and effective.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarita Pakrashi at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We have a high deductible plan so once we hit our deductible, all costs have been covered thus far except for anesthesia.
Norfolk

Dr. Pakrashi is one of the warmest souls you'll meet in one of the toughest situations you'll find yourself in. She enters every room with a smile, repeats your name often in dialogue, which reassures me she's constantly active in your case. She talks about helping families conceive with passion, empathy and compassion.... My experience trying to conceive is from a multi-disciplinary approach, as I have several specialists working together to ensure a safe future pregnancy due to health conditions I live with. She is willing to compromise with other doctors and cater to their concerns as they arise, and the best part is that I have reassurance that none of these small hurdles will interfere with fertility treatments.
Everyone at the clinic [Jones Institute], from the front desk to the doctors are so warm and friendly. I don't see any weaknesses from this practice, even if I haven't received the results I wanted... yet. They give me the confidence and strength that I need each month to keep on....Ultrasounds (if not paid for by insurance) are $190...luckily mine are covered. IUI(self-pay) is $255. I pay $55 for them to wash my husband's frozen sperm along with that. He gave a sample and is storing it in the cryo lab. He gave enough for 6 vials to be stored. For a year of storage, we paid $450. Everything requires payment up front. I was told only with IVF do they offer payment plans.
My experience trying to conceive is from a multi-disciplinary approach, as I have several specialists working together to ensure a safe future pregnancy due to health conditions I live with. She is willing to compromise with other doctors and cater to their concerns as they arise, and the best part is that I have reassurance that none of these small hurdles will interfere with fertility treatments. She puts the patient's health above all and wants the patient to live a fully normal life, unlike many other reproductive endocrinologists who set limit upon limit during the course of your cycle.
Voice your concerns. She is always willing to listen and help out, so there's no need to hide your insecurities, frustrations or concerns.
Dr. Pakrashi is one of the warmest souls you'll meet in one of the toughest situations you'll find yourself in. She enters every room with a smile, repeats your name often in dialogue, which reassures me she's constantly active in your case. She talks about helping families conceive with passion, empathy and compassion. There's nothing more I could ask for in a doctor in this scenario.
On cycle day(CD) 1, I call the office to schedule an ultrasound. On CDs 3-7, I take 5 mg of letrozole. Around CD 12-13, I go in for an ultrasound. Usually it's CD 11-12 for others, but I tend to ovulate later. Based on the ultrasound, I may have to come back if the follicles and lining are not the right size. Otherwise, I will be instructed on taking ovidrel. Twenty four to 36 hours or so later, I will go in for IUI. Two days later, I will start progesterone. Fourteen days after that, I will test at home. If negative, I stop progesterone and call on day 1 to repeat cycle. If positive, I go in for a blood pregnancy test. I'm not sure what happens after that. Letrozole has done wonders for my ovulation ability. I used to not ovulate, but now I'm producing one or two mature follicles, which makes me feel confident I'm going in the right direction.
I've most most, if not all of the nurses and they are all very friendly. Heather responds within a day or two if I send a message through the portal, which is what I look for in any doctor.
Describe your experience with Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone at the clinic, from the front desk to the doctors are so warm and friendly. I don't see any weaknesses from this practice, even if I haven't received the results I wanted... yet. They give me the confidence and strength that I need each month to keep on.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
[Dr. Pakrashi] is so caring. She genuinely wants you to get pregnant and listens to you. As women, we understand our bodies and she listens to all your concerns and adjusts treatment based on response and your input.... We changed protocol completely based on my previous responses. I was worried that I might be resistant to clomid so she suggested a trial run with timed intercourse to see my response before we moved forward.
Always caring and compassionate. They [Jones Institute for Reproductive Med] are rooting for you!... Weaknesses: nurses station could do better with call backs and reading notes. Really the only negative thing I can say. Strengths: nurses have great bed side manner when you are present. Work hard to get you in and out in a timely manner. They do well in relaying messages to the doctors.... IUI $600 IVF range $6500-8000
Endometriosis, Male Factor
There are no weaknesses I can report on. My first doctor, I felt like a number. He didn't deter from treatment protocol based on my response of first IVF to our 2nd. I had seen Dr Pak a few times during the course of my treatments and knew I wanted her to head my 3rd IVF transfer. We changed protocol completely based on my previous responses. I was worried that I might be resistant to clomid so she suggested a trial run with timed intercourse to see my response before we moved forward. She is a great listener. She is compassionate and truly wants what is best for you. She allows you to be an advocate for yourself. She will discuss research and new studies with you. Etc. She encourages you to do your own research and will talk to you about your findings. She is top notch and I am hopeful for this next round.
If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask. If there is something you want to try, don't be afraid to ask. She is warm and inviting.
Dr Pak is so caring. She genuinely wants you to get pregnant and listens to you. As women, we understand our bodies and she listens to all your concerns and adjusts treatment based on response and your input.
We have not started our cycle but did do a clomid test trial and I responded beautifully. I am considered a poor responder and my last 2 IVF I was on max dose. She suggested a clomid/menopur min stimulation. I responded beautifully in our clomid test run, better than my IVFs. We are looking forward to our new protocol and hopeful we will get pregnant.
Always caring and compassionate. They are rooting for you!
IUI $600 IVF range $6500-8000
She lets you decide. But the clinic won't transfer more than 2.

2015 - 2019
Dr. Pakrashi has a wonderful bedside manner and seems to truly care about her patients. She welcomes questions and always answers them in great detail...I bombard her with questions every visit and she is also so patient in answering them no matter how trivial they may seem. I do feel like there could have possibly been tweaks to my treatment plans as we seemed to keep repeating what resulted in negative test after negative test.
Some of the nurses [at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine] are absolutely amazing. Others make you feel as though you are a burden and an inconvenience...We have had issues with billing. We paid off our IVF cycle and a month later received a bill for over $20,000 with multiple procedures we did not receive. Also, I pay out of pocket due to not having insurance, yet they also tried to bill my insurance company on multiple occasions.
2015 - 2019
If you want a caring compassionate doctor, Dr. Pakrashi is a must. She is warm and welcoming in a world that seem cold and isolating. I bombard her with questions every visit and she is also so patient in answering them no matter how trivial they may seem. I do feel like there could have possibly been tweaks to my treatment plans as we seemed to keep repeating what resulted in negative test after negative test.
As amazing as she is, you won’t always see her and you may be disappointed with some of the nurses and doctors in the practice.
1) Timed intercourse with Letrozole. 2) IUI with Gonal F and Ovidrel (3 cycles) 3) IVF - gonal f, menepour, progesterone, trigger shot
Some of the nurses are absolutely amazing. Others make you feel as though you are a burden and an inconvenience.
Describe your experience with Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: multiple locations, compassionate doctors. Weakness: You are not guaranteed to see a specific dr during your treatment and during my IVF cycle I only saw my dr once. Some of the nursing staff can be abrupt. Lack of communication between the business and medical side.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring appointments were always scheduled in the morning and wait time was on average 30 min - 60 min.
Our IVF cycle was approximately $19,000 including medications (not bought through clinic).

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr. Pakrashi convinced me I could have everything I want, despite my diminished ovarian reserve. She would stop on the hallway and spend time checking on my progress even if I was only there for a nursing appointment...would make jokes and eased my mind when I felt discouraged. When she realized the first IUI did not work (timing of my body went against her schedule), she was sure to change the process and do the second insemination personally. It worked! I still can't believe I have a daughter. Thank you x a million!! She is perfect just like you said she would be.
All of the nurses [at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine] took their time with me and were very friendly. I still remember their faces. They were knowledgeable especially with understanding fertility calendars...I am a veteran, so the VA paid for my procedures due to my fertility issues stemming from a deployment. I did have to pay for donor viles and my medications and shots. Altogether I spent about $600 per try...Sometimes it is hard to reach the office. I was very persistent and would drive 30 minutes and show up for a face to face conversation. Fortunately, though the phone lines are very busy, they are very friendly, reassuring, and happy to help. Dr. Tarita Pakrashi is the best doctor for the job if you want to make a baby. She knows exactly what she is doing and she is so kind. She would refer to my baby as my baby before she was even conceived. I believed in the process because of her but she was also very honest about the statistics and set goals with me. I was pregnant before the first goal time. I started seeing her in July, finished the testing and choosing my frozen donor processes by September, my first try was unsuccessful in October, and the 2nd IUI was successful with a positive test on Thanksgiving. I was very lucky. The goal was to be pregnant by December.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr. PAKRASHI would make jokes and eased my mind when I felt discouraged. When she realized the first IUI did not work (timing of my body went against her schedule), she was sure to change the process and do the second insemination personally. It worked! I still can't believe I have a daughter. Thank you x a million!! She is perfect just like you said she would be.
Just tell her your issues, ask questions. And follow directions to the T. She knows what she's doing. At first I thought she was too nice and the things she said were too good to be true...but when she says don't worry so much and tells you what to do, DO IT.
The 1st cycle was clomid and she measured my eggs, then I took the shot in my belly the day before the IUI. I remember the first try being very painful and done by a doctor I didn't know. I went back and told Dr. Pakrashi on the next cycle and she said it should not have been that way and she would personally do my second try. We changed to Femara and she did the next procedure.
All of the nurses took their time with me and were very friendly. I still remember their faces. They were knowledgeable especially with understanding fertility calendars.
Virginia Beach

Dr Pakrashi is very compassionate and obviously cares for her patients and their outcomes. She listens and is very personal. She completes follow through by personally calling me to inquire how I'm feeling and be sure I understand the next step in the IVF process. ... Dr Pakrashi listened, showed empathy and gave us hope. ... Heartbroken, but wanting to give it one last attempt to complete our family we looked into IVF with gender selection
Strengths in this clinic [Jones Institute for Repro Med] is seen in the team of doctors and their knowledge. ... We could only financially do 1 IVF cycle, unfortunately there was not a normal female embryo for FET. Dr Pakrashi and the embryologist personally called to speak with us about our results in detail. ... The portal used by the office makes it easy to reach out and ask questions with responses in a timely manner.
Dr Pakrashi is very compassionate and obviously cares for her patients and their outcomes. She listens and is very personal. She completes follow through by personally calling me to inquire how I'm feeling and be sure I understand the next step in the IVF process. Our situation is unique in that prior to IVF we had 2 pregnancy losses. After that we used clomid and had our daughter in 2013. Wanting 1 more child and a sibling for our daughter, we tried to conceive again. Sadly we went on to have three pregnancy losses over the next 3-4 years, all three males diagnosed with arthrogryposis. Test after test left us with no reasoning why the reoccurrence happened. Heartbroken, but wanting to give it one last attempt to complete our family we looked into IVF with gender selection. Through many years of genetic counseling we thought if we could choose a female embryo that we could finally complete the family we have dreamed for (and stop the gut wrenching pain of recurrent loss). Dr Pakrashi listened, showed empathy and gave us hope. We could only financially do 1 IVF cycle, unfortunately there was not a normal female embryo for FET. Dr Pakrashi and the embryologist personally called to speak with us about our results in detail.
IVF was new for us. I thought I had read everything before I went in for the consultation and would remember what to ask. I would advise a prospective patient to bring your questions written down and have a notebook to take notes.
She is kind, warm hearted, personal, and provides quick responses and follow through. She calls you personally and stays in touch.
Menopur 150 morning and night Gonal F 300 units morning and night Cetrotide 0.25 mg x2 doses Lupron 40 units x 2 doses Started day 3 of menstrual cycle 13 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 6 biopsied, 2 females, 4 males. No viable embryo for FET.
Lena was kind and on top of things. She went out of her way to make sure I understood everything. She was very personal and eager to help.
Describe your experience with Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths in this clinic is seen in the team of doctors and their knowledge. The portal used by the office makes it easy to reach out and ask questions with responses in a timely manner. I would have liked more explanations into the way they choose what medications/protocols. However, I don't know that this would have changed our outcome.
$6750- Medications $400- Anesthesia $13,600- IVF circle with FET $600- Pre IVF testing All because our insurance doesn't cover any portion of IVF.
We only wanted to electively transfer 1 single female embryo. Dr Pakrashi agreed with us.

PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Pakrashi is very supportive and knowledgable. She has an amazing bedside manner...She is friendly and thorough in making sure I receive the care I need. She is also very responsive when I contact her with questions or concerns. I know that she and I share the same goals for my fertility...She was very empathetic and highly responsive to all questions or concerns.
Strengths [at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine]: Extensive resources, Easy to communicate with via FollowMyHealth portal, large staff, good equipment Weaknesses: Occasionally long wait times to be seen, expensive, you won't always see your specific doctor, which can be good or bad depending on the situation. Sometimes it's nice to have another doctor's opinion, other times, the consistency of a dr. that knows you is better. BUT you can schedule as best as possible to always see the same dr.
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Pakrashi is very supportive and knowledgable. She has an amazing bedside manner. I have been seeing her for 2 years now and therefore understand how to best communicate with her and receive recommendations. She is friendly and thorough in making sure I receive the care I need. She is also very responsive when I contact her with questions or concerns. I know that she and I share the same goals for my fertility.
Ask as many questions as possible and do not be afraid to re-ask the same questions or have information repeated back to you.
Tarita is very understanding and listens to you as a patient very closely. She was very empathetic and highly responsive to all questions or concerns.
Cycle 1: Letrozole + progesterone since we were still at the beginning of my fertility journey. With the addition of progesterone, I got pregnant, but ultimately it ended in an ectopic pregnancy. Surgery to remove right tube. Cycle 2: Letrozole. We did not add progesterone because I was ovulating on the side where my tube had been removed. I did get pregnant, but also ended in an ectopic pregnancy with methotrexate shot to manage it. Cycle 3: Gonal-F + progesterone with timed intercourse. Levothyroxine added to treat hypothyroidism and reduce TSH levels. The goal was to produce more eggs. However in this cycle it seemed most of the egg production was on my tubeless side. No pregnancy resulted. Cycle 4: Gonal-F + progesterone = IUI. The goal was to produce more eggs again and also plant the sperm closer to the egg. In my honest opinion the IUI concept is flawed and a bit of a waste of money. Perhaps if there had been multiple IUIs done during this cycle, it might have worked, but this resulted in no pregnancy. Cycle 5: IVF using Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellix. The goal was to implant embryos. I was on a relatively low dose of Menopur and Follistim. Despite these low dosages, I was unable to have the Hcg trigger because of the risk of OHSS. Dr. Pakrashi was very attentive in making sure I did not get to sick and was very on top of my care. I used a lupron trigger for the egg retrieval and all embryos were frozen. Cycle 6: Frozen Embryo Transfer using estrogen patches and tablets and Endometrin inserts. The amount of Endomentrin inserts was increased due to not enough progesterone in my system. Cycle ongoing...
Most of the nurses here are excellent. In my first couple of cycles I had some problems with not receiving calls back to messages I would leave. However, in the past 3 cycles communication has improved significantly! Everyone is very friendly and nice.
Describe your experience with Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: Extensive resources, Easy to communicate with via FollowMyHealth portal, large staff, good equipment Weaknesses: Occasionally long wait times to be seen, expensive, you won't always see your specific doctor, which can be good or bad depending on the situation. Sometimes it's nice to have another doctor's opinion, other times, the consistency of a dr. that knows you is better. BUT you can schedule as best as possible to always see the same dr.
Most of my care was done through claims submitted to my insurance agency and out of pocket expenses. They do not take Tricare, but will submit claims on your behalf. The process is frustrating because you receive checks that then need to be mailed to EVMS.
Dr. Pakrashi sat down with me to discuss the risks and rewards with eSET vs multiple embryo transfer however she ultimately left the decision to me as the patient and I elected to for multiple embryo transfer.

2014 - 2018
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
She [Dr. Pakrashi] is thorough, intelligent and extremely compassionate. I feel 100 percent comfortable under her care. She’s always optimistic yet honest at the same time. We have been through multiple failed cycles - both negative and miscarriages- and she is one of the reasons that I have the strength to keep going.... I have PCOS and poor egg quality. Her recommendation was IVF ICSI but we still owe from our last IVF cycle and our toddler is diabetic, so we can’t spend out of pocket money on another.
Wonderful doctors! They know their stuff- they won’t treat you like a number. Nursing staff [Jones Institute] could be better. Sometimes they get things confused and don’t follow up in a timely manner— other nurses do- it just depends. At the end of the day- it’s the doctors that matter and these ones are great... Nursing staff failed to call in my prescriptions twice... Some are good, and some are just ok. It depends on who you get.
2014 - 2018
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
She is thorough, intelligent and extremely compassionate. I feel 100 percent comfortable under her care. She’s always optimistic yet honest at the same time. We have been through multiple failed cycles - both negative and miscarriages- and she is one of the reasons that I have the strength to keep going.
Be upfront and honest about your concerns or fears. She really does care and she wants to know!
She is the most compassionate doctor I have ever seen.
I have PCOS and poor egg quality. Her recommendation was IVF ICSI but we still owe from our last IVF cycle and our toddler is diabetic, so we can’t spend out of pocket money on another. Since I have bad egg quality and I am 39, the goal is to get as many eggs as possible in hopes of finding a good one- like we did with my daughter!
Some are good, and some are just ok. It depends on who you get. I don’t have an assigned nurse bc we aren’t currently doing IVF
Describe your experience with Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Wonderful doctors! They know their stuff- they won’t treat you like a number. Nursing staff could be better. Sometimes they get things confused and don’t follow up in a timely manner— other nurses do- it just depends. At the end of the day- it’s the doctors that matter and these ones are great
We are 100 percent out of pocket do the cost is very high
What specific things went wrong at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Nursing staff failed to call in my prescriptions twice

IVF, Donor Eggs
[Dr. Tarita Pakrashi] was very nice and thoughtful throughout the entire process! She always made sure we understood everything. She also realized that going through infertility is an emotional process, and she made it so much better!...She listens to everything that you say with empathy and compassion...The treatment was specific to me, and the protocol that was used was specific to my body...She knew my history and knew what would work best for my situation.
Everything there was amazing at EVMS [Jones Institute]! Each person was thoughtful in their approach to us, and it made the process easier. I felt like every person - from the receptionist to the doctor - was thoughtful when you contacted them for any reason...Everyone on staff was on the same page with the treatment...She [nurse] worked through everything with us, and it was wonderful...The billing area was very helpful, and because it is EVMS, I was able to make a payment arrangement.
Black or African-American, Other
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Pakrashi was amazing because she was patient, and always took into consideration that this is an emotional time. I wish my experience had been like that from the beginning with others. She made me believe, and now, we have a beautiful daughter!
Be open and honest because she is there to help you through the process! She listens to everything that you say with empathy and compassion.
Dr. Pakrashi was very nice and thoughtful throughout the entire process! She always made sure we understood everything. She also realized that going through infertility is an emotional process, and she made it so much better!
The treatment was specific to me, and the protocol that was used was specific to my body. Everyone on staff was on the same page with the treatment. She knew my history and knew what would work best for my situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Wendy Harrington)
She worked through everything with us, and it was wonderful.
Describe your experience with Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everything there was amazing at EVMS! Each person was thoughtful in their approach to us, and it made the process easier. I felt like every person - from the receptionist to the doctor - was thoughtful when you contacted them for any reason.
For us, it was a matter of what was fertilized and the decision was made on what would give us the best viability for pregnancy. Everything was very measured on giving us the best outcome.
Norfolk

She [Dr. Tarita Pakrashi] was very kind and compassionate... always felt like she really cared. She gave us a lot of hope and we plan on doing IVF with her. She also explained everything very well. She took the time to answer all the questions we had...
[The nurse at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine] Laughed at me when I asked a question. Acted annoyed and over worked . Also complained a lot...[The clinic] provided a lot of information over the phone and also answered all my questions. Most the nurses and office workers act annoyed like they don’t care at all. Some of the nurse are great...Dr. Pakrashi was very kind and always felt like she really cared. She gave us a lot of hope and we plan on doing IVF with her. She also explained everything very well. She took the time to answer all the questions we had.
European, Other
Write down any questions you have so you remember them all to ask.
She was very kind and compassionate.
We haven’t started IVF yet.
Describe your experience with Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The IVF was very nice and provided a lot of information over the phone and also answered all my questions. Most the nurses and office workers act annoyed like they don’t care at all. Some of the nurse are great.
After IVF would be about 20,000 So far it’s been about 4,000

Endometriosis, PCOS
She [Dr. Tarita Pakrashi] is very compassionate and wants us to have another child. I believed she genuinely felt bad when a treatment didn't work. She would call and check on us and always start planning the next treatment...
At times they [The nursing staff at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine] seemed preoccupied...We did an IVF study that cost 4400, most other appointments were a few hundred...multiple locations made it easy to make visits...She [Dr. Tarita Pakrashi] is very compassionate and wants us to have another child. I believed she genuinely felt bad when a treatment didn't work. She would call and check on us and always start planning the next treatment.
Endometriosis, PCOS
She is very compassionate and wants us to have another child. I believed she genuinely felt bad when a treatment didn't work. She would call and check on us and always start planning the next treatment.
Be patient
She showed genuine compassion
At times they seemed preoccupied
Describe your experience with Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The cost is very high, but multiple locations made it easy to make visits.
We did an IVF study that cost 4400, most other appointments were a few hundred