Northwestern Medicine

Chicago
259 E. Erie Street
Chicago, IL 60611
312-695-7269
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tarun Jain to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Northwestern Medicine to a friend?
I have been doing iui with injectables. Each time depending on my response he [Dr. Tarun Jain] has adjusted the dosage when necessary. I have only one functioning tube, we make sure that is the side with the follicles be fore proceeding with the iui. He also has me begin progesterone a few days following my treatment...is patient and kind. He is willing to take the time to answer all of your questions and explain the treatment plan in detail.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr. Jain is compassionate. He is willing to explain things in detail and genuinely cares. He is not in a rush to push things that he knows will be financially difficult for his patients. He takes your thoughts and feelings into consideration with his recommendations for your treatment plan. I truly feel that he is invested in the process of doing what is best to achieve a baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Come with any questions or concerns you have and he will address them all and answer to the best of his ability.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr. Jain is patient and kind. He is willing to take the time to answer all of your questions and explain the treatment plan in detail.
Describe the protocols Tarun Jain used in your cycles at Chicago IVF and their degree of success.
I have been doing iui with injectables. Each time depending on my response he has adjusted the dosage when necessary. I have only one functioning tube, we make sure that is the side with the follicles be fore proceeding with the iui. He also has me begin progesterone a few days following my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Angela)
Angela is wonderful. I could not say enough good things about her. She is patient, accommodating, and truly cares for all of her patients. She is a huge support and I could not have gotten this far without her.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Courtney at the front desk is awesome and a friendly face to walk in to. She is so helpful with anything you need! She makes paperwork and making appointments not so stressful. Her and Angela make a wonderful team. I know that I am well taken care of when I walk in to the clinic. They go above and before anything I’ve ever encountered before from other clinics. They treat you like a person not a number.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF.
The ultra sounds and blood work range depending on the type. The iui cost for self pay was $350. All medications range in price.
Munster
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
So far my experience with Dr. Jain has been positive. I feel that he is innovative and willing to listen to all of my concerns and answer all of my questions. He has compassion for not only me but also my partner. He was willing to go above and beyond in my treatments so far to address all problems....I went to Dr. Jain for a second opinion. He performed a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy and resolved some issues of mine that other doctors could not. I have done 3 IUI's with injectables under his care.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
So far my experience with Dr. Jain has been positive. I feel that he is innovative and willing to listen to all of my concerns and answer all of my questions. He has compassion for not only me but also my partner. He was willing to go above and beyond in my treatments so far to address all problems. I am very happy having him as my doctor.
He is very open and honest. He is a doctor you can ask anything to without feeling intimidated or like he is rushing you out. Come with all of your questions and concerns. He will address them all with honesty.
Dr Jain is extremely patient and kind. I always felt he gave me time during appointments with him to answer all of my questions and ease my anxieties.
I went to Dr. Jain for a second opinion. He performed a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy and resolved some issues of mine that other doctors could not. I have done 3 IUI's with injectables under his care. Unfortunately none have been successful yet. He has adjusted my dosage each time and wants to do one more aggressive IUI with injectables before moving to IVF. He is understanding of the fact that I am self pay. He wants to exhaust all of the lower cost treatments before moving onto the larger one which is wonderful. We are hoping our last IUI will work, but if not will continue to save for IVF with him.
Angela is the nurse in Valpo and I could not say enough good things about her. She is hardworking and so accommodating. She is the most patient and kind nurse I have ever had. She takes the time to listen and help with any issue you are having. Above all she is one of my biggest cheerleaders and so compassionate. I would not have made it through all of this without her. I also want to mention Courtney who works the front desk. She is a wonderful, friendly face when you enter and so very helpful. One other person that has been wonderful is the nurse practitioner Tammy. She is so kind, patient, and understanding. She will be an ear to listen and has lots of great information. I am so thankful for all three of those ladies. They have made this much easier to go through. Knowing my husband and I have support from them means more than I can explain.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
It is a smaller clinic, but I love it because they make you feel like a person not a number. I have been to other clinics and I will tell you they are the best. I am comfortable there and highly recommend it.
Munster
2013 - 2017
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Jain really took the time to sit with us and review anything we needed....We had a fabulous experience with Dr. Jain. I felt completely confident in his expertise, his insight into my particular case, and his execution...After a couple failed cycles, Dr. Jain was willing to give a final effort, increasing my meds accordingly. Finally, he advised that donor eggs would be the best route for us.... During my actual transfer, it went so smoothly, and I honestly hardly felt a thing.
2013 - 2017
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
We had a fabulous experience with Dr. Jain. I felt completely confident in his expertise, his insight into my particular case, and his execution. During my actual transfer, it went so smoothly, and I honestly hardly felt a thing. (He is not the only fertility doctor I’ve seen, so I know this is not always the case!)
You’re in good hands!
Dr. Jain really took the time to sit with us and review anything we needed. He remembered my daughter (my successful IVF transfer in 2014) when I came back from out of state to try another cycle.
We tried a few times to harvest my own eggs. After a couple failed cycles, Dr. Jain was willing to give a final effort, increasing my meds accordingly. Finally, he advised that donor eggs would be the best route for us. We now have a beautiful baby girl and are so thankful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary Anne)
All of the nurses I’ve had have been fabulous. Although my second cycle was not successful, Mary Anne (my main nurse) was absolutely fabulous. I had previously lived in Chicago when I started seeing CIVF, and had a successful pregnancy. I had since moved out of state, but wanted to continue treatment with CIVF. Mary Anne worked closely with labs in TN to make the entire process as seamless as possible and was a fabulous communicator.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
I loved the entire doctor/nurse staff and CIVF! The front desk girls are great, as well! When I first started seeing CIVF in 2013, we did have to put down some large administrative fees - one for 7k was for genetic testing. We were never able to harvest my eggs, so never ended up going through with the genetic testing. 5k of that 7k was a non refundable “admin fee”, which was unfortunate. I would say aside from various admin fees, I loved everything about CIVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF.
Our insurance coverage was fabulous at CIVF. There were some admin fees, specifically the ones I recall were associated with genetic testing (which we didn’t end up being able to use) and donor egg coordinating (a fee for receiving the eggs).
Describe Tarun Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Chicago IVF.
Dr. Jain recommended transferring two embryos for each of my cycles.
Orland Park
1 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Jain] has a wonderful and calm personality, and put me to ease. He was also very sensitive to my issue of having poor egg number and quality at an earlier than expected age. Unlike my previous doctors, he did not make me feel bad about it. Ultimately, I ended up using frozen donor eggs and it worked the first time!! ...He is the kindest and most honest doctor I have ever seen...He was positive yet realistic. He did not sugar-coat anything...Dr Jain is intelligent, kind, honest, and has an amazing bedside manner...I can't thank Dr Jain and his staff enough for their support!
European, South Asian
1 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr Jain is intelligent, kind, honest, and has an amazing bedside manner. He was positive yet realistic. He did not sugar-coat anything. I really appreciated that. He also gave me a free copy of his new book -- The Infertility Journey! It really helped me.
Drop what you are doing, and go see him now!! You will not be disappointed, I assure you. We need more doctors like Dr Jain. He is a breath of fresh air.
Dr Tarun Jain is simply amazing. He is the kindest and most honest doctor I have ever seen. He has a wonderful and calm personality, and put me to ease. He was also very sensitive to my issue of having poor egg number and quality at an earlier than expected age. Unlike my previous doctors, he did not make me feel bad about it. He also allowed me to try using my own eggs first. Ultimately, I ended up using frozen donor eggs and it worked the first time!! I can't thank Dr Jain and his staff enough for their support!
Dr Jain and his staff made it very easy. I had detailed written instructions for everything. I could use vaginal progesterone (Crinone) instead of those horrible progesterone in oil shots that my previous doctor insisted upon. He also had me stop unnecessary things like baby aspirin, prednisone, and blood thinners. I did not need any of them. I also used ganarelix instead of lupron -- ultimately needed much fewer shots.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF.
The nursing team at Chicago IVF in general is outstanding. I cant say enough about them. They went out of their way to help me. They even delivered some medications to my home personally, when I realized I was missing something! Just amazing dedication. They were also always available -- I had their cell phone numbers at all times.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Very friendly -- the front desk staff always knew my name and had a friendly greeting. Nice and modern office. Felt at ease.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF.
My insurance covered most of the costs, except for using donor eggs. I got an accurate financial estimate well in advance so I knew what to expect. There were no surprises.
Dr Jain recommended I try a single day 5 embryo first, since it was from a donor egg.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
If you don’t understand ask he [Dr. Tarun Jain] is very patient and understands that it can be very overwhelming...recommended 2 embryos to have more of a chance of successful transfer...He treated me as if I was his only patient very caring and extremely warm...was a really great doctor. He was kind and patient. Never was in a rush to get you in and out. Dr Jain made me feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. I would recommend dr Jain to anyone not because I was sucessful with IVF but because it was the overall experience I had with him.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Doctor Jain was a really great doctor. He was kind and patient. Never was in a rush to get you in and out. Dr Jain made me feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. I would recommend dr Jain to anyone not because I was sucessful with IVF but because it was the overall experience I had with him.
If you don’t understand ask he is very patient and understands that it can be very overwhelming.
He treated me as if I was his only patient very caring and extremely warm. Loved Chicago IVF nurses and doctors
They were extremely nice. They are the ones that made my experience even better. Very kind and patient and I loved how organized it was and how there was never an extremely lon wait.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Be sure to make sure you understand your insurance and billing. It can get really confusing. I you could end up having a out of pocket expense. Just know that IVF is not cheap and if you want additional testing it’s even more expensive. So when you have a sit down with the billing person ask her everything g even if you think it’s a stupid question.
Dr Jain recommended 2 embryos to have more of a chance of successful transfer
Orland Park
Dr. Jain was fine. I'm an introvert so I was never overly emotional and wouldn't expect nor need much emotion from my doctor; however, he did celebrate my victories with me. He explained things clearly and was willing to repeat as necessary and without bias, allowing me to make my own decisions. The day of the surgery I decided to change our course of action. He explained the implications without forcing me to do anything.... I never felt rush while with Dr. Jain.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tarun Jain at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Don't expect to be best friends.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tarun Jain at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
I was typically the only patient in the office. I never felt rush while with Dr. Jain.
Describe the protocols Tarun Jain used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago and their degree of success.
After the hysterosalpingogram showed blocked tubes we scheduled a laproscopy and a hysteroscopy. If the tubes were hydrosalpinx he would clamp them to better the chances for a successful IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
The NP was a bit disingenuous. I would rather she not try to smile and be overly nice than to allow her façade to crack, which she did a number of times. The nursing stuff was always rushed though no one else was waiting. I felt like more of a number to them than the doctor.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
It's difficult to compare because I've only been to this one. However, I am going to look at others and this clinic will be the mid bar. Also, the clinics are really far from Chicago.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Insurance covered 60%
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago
Chicago
Dr. Jain is one of the best doctors I've ever had. I would easily recommend him to anyone seeking fertility treatment. He was honest and treated me like a person rather than a statistic....He cared about my needs. He answered every question. And he respected my need and ability to research things on my own. He recognized also that my biology is mine alone and not representative of everyone else's...
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr. Jain is one of the best doctors I've ever had. I would easily recommend him to anyone seeking fertility treatment. He was honest and treated me like a person rather than a statistic. When I'm ready, I plan to go back and he will help me have a baby.
Don't be afraid to ask him the tough questions. He is more than willing to answer anything and everything.
I don't remember all the specifics of my treatment but we went very aggressive.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
The main weakness is that the location for the retrieval and transfer is more than an hour and a half away from my home. Otherwise, everything was pretty wonderful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF.
My insurance was really good. So once I hit my maximum out-of-pocket I didn't pay anything. Also, I had overpaid my out-of-pocket, and they kept a running tally for me beyond when I had to do things that was not covered by
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I was very happy with his [Dr Jain's] knowledge and cycle protocols....The staff is warm and caring. he nursing staff at C-IVF is absolutely amazing. They answer all my questions and are caring....At some times I have felt rushed during appointments though.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
I was very happy with his knowledge and cycle protocols.
Always ask questions and do your own research. I would give anyone that advice for any doctor.
The staff is warm and caring. At some times I have felt rushed during appointments though.
I remember that we used Ganirelix and no lupron for our IVF cycle. He gave me the option to use Crinone instead of progesterone in oil, even for a frozen embryo transfer. Cycles are synced with birth control pills.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Catherine & Yusuko)
The nursing staff at C-IVF is absolutely amazing. They answer all my questions and are caring.
2010 - 2011
2010 - 2011
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr. Jain was very informative and sensitive at the same time. He laid out our options in a tiered manner from least aggressive and least expensive to most. His staff was really helpful and even accommodated my early work ours for blood work.
Don't hesitate to ask questions or ask for clarification. The nurses are very encouraging and most are knowledgeable.
The team was awesome. I had the same nurse do my blood work almost every time. The receptionist was very sensitive to each person because she had also been through a fertility struggle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF.
They were flexible, easy to talk to, and understanding.