Medical SchoolUSC
Oakbrook Terrace
2 Trans Am Plaza
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
630-545-3766
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tarun Jain to a friend?

4.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Northwestern Medicine to a friend?
2018 - 2020
PCOS, Other
When we have had follow ups with him or phone calls I can tell he [Dr. Jain] remembers us and he remembers details from my different cycles. He has personally reached out and called me/us to answer my questions and talk through my symptoms during cycles. ... Especially, when we met with him following my miscarriage. At that appointment I had a long list of questions and he sat with us and answered every single one before we left. He has always had a great level of compassion towards us and why we are there to see him.
The office [Northwestern Med] has a lot of patients and it is difficult to get consultation appointments with the RE's. The clinic has great clerical staff. They learn your names, they greet you with friendly hellos even at 6:30 am and they always wish me good luck whenever i have scheduled an IUI. The clinic is very efficient during morning monitoring times. Unless, there is a significant amount of people (i.e. after a holiday weekend) I am almost always in and out of there in 30 minutes
2018 - 2020
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Medicine?
He has always been supportive of my interest in trying supplementary treatment outside of just the RE world (i.e. supplements, Naturopath, acupuncture). He has been very flexible with doing things on our timeline and not his or the clinics. He has given us his honest medical opinion for treatment based on our clinical presentation. I have never felt like he was forcing us into doing certain treatments (i.e. going right to IVF after my miscarriage). He has been clear and direct with us and explained all the medical language he was using. One issue I had was when I was 3 days after my D&C when I was in significant pain due to additional clots passing. Another doctor in the clinic performed my surgery so she was the one who I saw when I went into the clinic to figure out what was going on. After, it all subsided and i passed all the tissue I heard from my nurse who I work with but I did not hear from Dr. Jain himself about the issues after my surgery.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tarun Jain at Northwestern Medicine?
Come in with questions. If you do your research before you will be able to get even more out of your appointment than you have to begin with.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Medicine?
Dr. Jain has very personable with my husband and I since our first appointment. When we have had follow ups with him or phone calls I can tell he remembers us and he remembers details from my different cycles. He has personally reached out and called me/us to answer my questions and talk through my symptoms during cycles. He has been very kind and compassionate since the first time we met him. I never felt like he was rushing us through our appointments with him. He was very patient with us. Especially, when we met with him following my miscarriage. At that appointment I had a long list of questions and he sat with us and answered every single one before we left. He has always had a great level of compassion towards us and why we are there to see him. I have felt like he completely understands this is more than just a typical medical issue that you would see your primary doctor for. He understands that infertility is more than just physical issue in the body and it is almost highly emotional and mental.
Describe the protocols Tarun Jain used in your cycles at Northwestern Medicine and their degree of success.
I have done 6 IUI's up to this date. Dr. Jain's rationale for performing IUI's was because my main issue with irregular cycles due to mild PCOS. I had no other abnormal test results that indicated a more severe treatment was needed (i.e. IVF). He also had me immediately start taking 25 mcg of Synthroid to balance out my thyroid. For the IUI's, I took 5 mg of letrozole and then used the ovidrel trigger shot for each cycle. On the second IUI, my uterine lining wasn't thickening as it should have been so they put me on 10 mg of Estradiol. This was the cycle I got pregnant! I had an early miscarriage for unknown cause (genetic test showed the baby was chromosomal normal). For the following 3 IUI's, Dr. Jain had me taking 20 mg progesterone suppositories following the IUI to help assist with implantation. Throughout this process I have had to increase my Synthroid dose. After my 5th IUI (4th failed), we decided to take a break from treatments and see a Naturopath doctor. After a few months of diet change and additional testing/treatments suggested by the Naturopath we returned to Dr. Jain to discuss next treatment options. He went talked us through what IVF would look like and the pros and cons for our situation. He also talked about the pros and cons of continuing with IUI's. He was very supportive and willing to continue with IUI's because we had success. After that appointment, we decided to try more IUI's. We had our 6th IUI in March 2020 with the same treatment protocol listed above. We had set a plan with Dr. Jain for what we would do different if I got a positive pregnancy test. This included taking blood thinners to help maintain the pregnancy. Unfortunately, I did not get pregnant from that cycle. We are currently in a holding pattern right now due to COVID-19 and have not been able to start another IUI. Our plan is to try two more IUI's and see if either is successful before discussing other options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joyce Kane)
My nurse Joyce has been amazing. She has been an amazing communicator since the first day I met her. She will quickly return my messages through the online chart or phone call. When I was in significant pain following my D&C she was the one who got in me into the clinic to see the doctor who performed my surgery. She has been so kind and compassionate with me as well. She is the one who called me to tell me the results of the genetic test of my baby following my miscarriage. She was the one who told me the baby I lost was a boy. I could hear the sadness in her voice as she told me all this. I did not feel like she was just making another call with results to the patients. I would also like to state that all the nurses who performed my IUI's have been amazing during the procedures. They have been completely understanding of what is going on with us. They are extremely knowledgeable. When I first decided to do IUI's I thought it would be the doctor doing them. But when I found out it was the nurses I was a little hesitant because I didn't know what the norm was in a large clinic. After my first experience with the nurse performing my IUI I no longer was unsure. They have been so professional and competent and great cheerleaders every time.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Medicine.
A weakness of my clinic is the size. The office has a lot of patients and it is difficult to get consultation appointments with the RE's. The clinic has great clerical staff. They learn your names, they greet you with friendly hellos even at 6:30 am and they always wish me good luck whenever i have scheduled an IUI. The clinic is very efficient during morning monitoring times. Unless, there is a significant amount of people (i.e. after a holiday weekend) I am almost always in and out of there in 30 minutes.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Northwestern Medicine.
Our insurance did not cover any procedures. It is $709 per IUI. My Ovidrel injections cost $92. We paid co-pays per our insurance for all other appointments.
Describe Tarun Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwestern Medicine.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Medicine.

Dr. Jain listened to our concerns from our previous two IVF cycles and adjusted our protocol to help achieve our desired results (i.e. no OHSS) for our third cycle.... After my second retrieval, in which they harvested 29 eggs, my husband and I told Dr. Jain that we didn’t want to go that route again. Dr. Jain said that more eggs out better but felt for us and did what he could so that I wouldn’t produce an over abundance of eggs.
I would definitely recommend the Northwestern Fertility Clinic. Given that they’re part of the Northwestern network of hospitals, it gives me faith that I am working with top notch care givers in a top notch institution. The appointments are usually very well run and efficient. The only drawback is that since they’re such a large clinic, there is little room for flexibility. If you are unable to make it to a monitoring appointment betweem the ascribed times, you will have to wait until the next day.
Investor
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Medicine?
We were initially introduced to Dr. Jain during our third embryo transfer. He was kind and careful during that procedure. I ended up becoming pregnant but lost the baby nine weeks later. As an aside, it turns out that the baby had a severe case of down syndrome. In between the embryo transfer and our miscarriage, our doctor had retired and it was recommended that we meet with Dr. Jain for our follow-up appointment. Despite being a large clinic, Dr. Jain remembered performing our embryo transfer and gave his condolences several times given that we lost the baby from that transfer. We decided to move forward with Dr. Jain for our third, and hopefully last, IVF cycle. We just had our egg retrieval two day’s ago, but so far Dr. Jain has been extremely sympathetic to our situation, needs and wishes and has done whatever was in his ability to set us up for a good outcome. Most importantly, he listens to what we have to say.
I would tell a perspective patient that they most likely won’t see Dr. Jain often but know that he is working behind the scenes and will monitor your case and implement your wishes however he can. So please speak up. Dr. Jain is there to listen and craft a plan with your assistance.
I am prone to OHSS. After my second retrieval, in which they harvested 29 eggs, my husband and I told Dr. Jain that we didn’t want to go that route again. Dr. Jain said that more eggs out better but felt for us and did what he could so that I wouldn’t produce an over abundance of eggs. He put me on 75 units of Menopur and 125 units of Follistim. After five days, he reduced my Follistim dose to 100 units and we discontinued my stims after 8 days. The doctor who performed my egg retrieval, Dr. Boots, ended up getting 16 eggs of which 11 fertilized. We are much happier with this modest amount.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Dana M. Sullivan, RN)
My primary nurse, Dana Sullivan, RN, could not be a better caregiver. I have work with three different REs (the first two retired) and she has been my one constant. Dana is kind and companionate and the one that I’ve talked to when I had a positive beta and a negative beta. She also sought me out at the clinic after my miscarriage to give her condolences. She is great at what she does.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Medicine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northwestern Medicine.
The clinic down monitoring within a two hour window each morning during the early hours (6:45 to 7:45, I believe). While this doesn’t always jive with our schedule, especially with a little one at home that needs to be dropped off at daycare, once we get to the clinic, monitoring appointments usually run very smoothly. I am usually in and out within twenty minutes.
We are lucky in that our insurance covers the procedures related to IVF. We only have to pay for medications and genetic testing. That being said, we asked Dr. Jain to send in the request for medications in December even though we weren’t doing IVF until February because we had already spent our deductible in 2018 and the medications would be free (we’ll take our small wins where we can). Dr. Jain complied but failed to order enough Follistim to cover a minimum of 8 days. What we had only covered 7 days. We had to purchase more Follistim in February because we were 75 units short and it cost us $1.5k. We will also have to pay for genetic testing, which will likely cost around $5k.
The fertility clinic as a whole has a very strict one embryo transfer policy. I’m not sure what circumstances would make the doctors change this protocol. Perhaps if the patient is over 40 and did not test their embryos they would be more willing to transfer more than one.

IUI, 1 IVF
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I do think when I came to him [Dr. Jain] expressing my own instinctual fear that my egg quality might be an issue, and that we are going out of pocket for this he didn't quite hear me. He was looking at odds, numbers, labs and my fear was with 3 miscarriages at 40 years old using my own eggs would be an issue. I even asked him about embryo adoption and he didn't seem that we were there yet. So on one hand I loved that he believed we'd have a FEW healthy embryos come out of this but I was gutted when we had zero.
I just wish I understood more about how these day 6 embryos with good "grades" widdled down to ZERO healthy ones? ... They [nurses at Northwestern Medicine] were really helpful and sweet, showed me how to do the injections and were patient with all of my questions. If I emailed them, they would get back within a couple of hours and same with when I would call with a question. I also have to say I never waited very long in the waiting room which was nice. Waiting always gives me extra anxiety especially working full time and not wanting to be late to calls or miss any work related things.
European, Other
IUI, 1 IVF
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Medicine?
I do think when I came to him expressing my own instinctual fear that my egg quality might be an issue, and that we are going out of pocket for this he didn't quite hear me. He was looking at odds, numbers, labs and my fear was with 3 miscarriages at 40 years old using my own eggs would be an issue. I even asked him about embryo adoption and he didn't seem that we were there yet. So on one hand I loved that he believed we'd have a FEW healthy embryos come out of this but I was gutted when we had zero.
Maybe get a second opinion before going with him if you have any concerns like I did.
I felt like a human because Dr. Jain was really empathetic when hearing I had experienced a stillbirth at 39 weeks when I was 37 years old, as well that surrounding that stillbirth both before and after I had experienced miscarriages. This said, he gave me a lot of hope that my own eggs at 40 were still healthy and that we'd be successful and we left totally gutted when 2 of our embryos were sent off to genetic testing and neither were healthy. He called and I could feel he was actually sad for us, and wanted to help. He asked if we wanted to try again and at that point since insurance didn't cover any of what I did, our credit cards were maxed and we left drained.
stimulation medication,(Gonal -F or Follistim) 225 units & Menopur 75 units tand every night within approximately one hour of your chosen time. Ganirelix/Cetrotide was weaved in at somepoint.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Dana and Alexandra )
They were really helpful and sweet, showed me how to do the injections and were patient with all of my questions. If I emailed them, they would get back within a couple of hours and same with when I would call with a question. I also have to say I never waited very long in the waiting room which was nice. Waiting always gives me extra anxiety especially working full time and not wanting to be late to calls or miss any work related things.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Medicine.
The strengths are communication, I was never in the dark about my test results, my follicle count, my numbers, etc. I think they were very communicative. That said I wish because I was honest that we were going out of pocket and we've been through 4 heartbreaks already they would have fast tracked me to egg donor or embryo adoption. It made me think they wanted me to be there for a couple of rounds and tries and we just couldnt because we didnt have the money.
$10,000 down payment for 1 cycle this was not including meds, and certain labs like the genetic labs for my husband and myself and then the genetic testing on the embryos was also separate. All in we spent $20,000
+ Read more- Read less

I did not see Dr Jain too often, just twice. Once for initial fertility consult when be advised us his plan for IUI before IVF. We met again for an IVF consultation.i thought he was quite thorough and provided hope for our case ... We started with provera to induce a period as I have anonvary (spelling?) Cycles. ... I have not started IVF yet but Dr Jain informed me of the risk of OHSS
Good online portal [at Northwestern Medicine] for payment and communication. It would be nice if we could have me,my partner on the same communication threads but it is only set up for one patient and the nurse or doctor. It is quite popular so there could be a wait. Getting an appt can take a while. Parking rates add up when you have to go to the clinic several times a month
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Medicine?
Most likely will be interacting with the nurses more
The receptionist, nurses, and Dr Jain knew my name and were friendly. They took their time to answer all my questions
We started with provera to induce a period as I have anonvary (spelling?) Cycles. Once my cycle started I would come in for a baseline ultrasound to check if there were any cysts or abnormalities. If all was cleared, I would take clomid for 5 days and come back for a mid cycle ultrasound to get blood work done. If estrogen levels and follicle size were mature, I would be instructed to do an ovidrel shot before coming into doing an IUI cycle. I have not started IVF yet but Dr Jain informed me of the risk of OHSS
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Medicine. (Assigned nurse: alexa)
I saw multiple nurses for baseline ultrasound, mid cycle ultrasound, blood draws, and IUI procedures, however, nurse Alexa was the main communicator. I did not encounter anyone I felt uncomfortable with.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Medicine.
Good online portal for payment and communication. It would be nice if we could have me,my partner on the same communication threads but it is only set up for one patient and the nurse or doctor. It is quite popular so there could be a wait. Getting an appt can take a while. Parking rates add up when you have to go to the clinic several times a month.
With insurance, each IUI cycle was about $600. Ovidrel injection is $92 each x 5 attempts. IVF meds were $2,000 after insurance. The IVF procedure would cost about $5,000.
None
+ Read more- Read less

I sought RE treatment as I am trying to become pregnant without the involvement of a male partner, by using donor sperm. ... Dr. Jain is very personable. I felt comfortable meeting him and enjoyed our discussions. He seemed to understand my goals and was very open to helping me as a single mother by choice. ... He is open to trying different medications if you have concerns about any he recommends.
My only real complaint is that they [Northwestern Medicine] continue to send my prescription to the wrong pharmacy, even though I have asked for them to update their records 3 times. Other than that, the check in staff, lab staff, and financial coordinators are all very friendly. ... All 3 of my IUIs have been performed by the nursing staff. They have handled them professionally and with my comfort in mind.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Medicine?
Dr. Jain is very personable. I felt comfortable meeting him and enjoyed our discussions. He seemed to understand my goals and was very open to helping me as a single mother by choice. I was a bit disappointed that he did not seem to review the very lengthy intake paperwork I had to complete before my first appointment. Not sure why patients are made to complete it if it will not be reviewed by their doctor.
Make sure you know your goals and what you would like your treatment to look like. He is open to trying different medications if you have concerns about any he recommends. Be prepared with questions as he does not volunteer much information unless you bring it up.
I had two appointments with Dr. Jain, my initial consultation and a follow up to set my treatment plan based on test results. My in person meetings with Dr. Jain have been great. He is very personable. Since my 2nd visit, I have only had contact with the nursing staff and have not had any communication with Dr. Jain. I assume I could request appointments with him, but since I am paying out of pocket for my treatment and each visit with him is $400+, I am content to give a few more IUIs a try before discussing next steps.
I have no known fertility problems, other than those common for a women in her mid 30s. I sought RE treatment as I am trying to become pregnant without the involvement of a male partner, by using donor sperm. He recommended medicated IUIs (low doses of Clomid/Letrozole at same time and Ovidrel trigger shot to time the IUI better). I asked to skip the Clomid initially due to my concerns about the side effects, but we did add it back into my treatment plan for IUI #3. My first two IUIs resulted in negative pregnancy tests and I am currently in the TWW for IUI #3. I was a bit disappointed to find out he had me trigger with my first IUI when my follicle was quite small still (18mm) and my lining was very thin as it felt like we probably had the timing off for that one. Since then, I've been more proactive in my care and have pushed back when I felt the timing wasn't right.
I've worked with several different nurses on Dr. Jain's team. Some have been great, taking time to get to know the details of why I am seeking treatment and being very responsive to any questions I had (all questions are communicated through MyChart messaging system). One of the nurses was much slower to respond (it seemed like she would wait until the end of the day to review/respond to messages) or would forget to upload my labs to the patient portal unless I sent a request for the results. She also always included language about my partner in her communications, even though she would know I was seeking treatment on my own if she took the time to review my records. All 3 of my IUIs have been performed by the nursing staff. They have handled them professionally and with my comfort in mind.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Medicine.
My only real complaint is that they continue to send my prescription to the wrong pharmacy, even though I have asked for them to update their records 3 times. Other than that, the check in staff, lab staff, and financial coordinators are all very friendly. The clinic space is very nice, with views out to Lake Michigan and beverages and snacks available, if needed. They have a main waiting area and a smaller waiting area for those who are having procedures that day. The smaller waiting area can be a bit cramped and could do with some additional seating. I also think it is kind of odd that the embryology lab never shows me the donor sperm vials. I write down the number of the donor on a form when I arrive and then just have to trust that that is the vial they are thawing. I would feel more comfortable if I saw the actual vial at the time they being the thaw.
The clinic costs for each IUI were about $1,200 each cycle ($315/monitoring visit x 2 visits, $584 for each IUI). Medications were an additional $120 per visit, with the Ovidrel shot being available for $92 at the hospital pharmacy. My insurance did not cover any of the costs.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Jain is a kind and compassionate RE. ... That said, I am a poor responder and have done 6 cycles with Dr. Jain. Other than the first 2 cycles, I have suggested all protocols and potential new ideas to try. While I wish he would have been more proactive in that respect, he was completely open to my suggestions and allowed me to try everything I wanted to without hesitation.
They [Northwestern Medicine] tend to be conservative in their protocols although I know some doctors are more progressive. I’m not certain that their lab is top notch and using the most up-to-date methods. ... Dana is an absolutely wonderful nurse. She always responded quickly and thoughtfully to my messages. ... I’ve had varying experiences with these other nurses, some of which gave me incorrect instructions for medications, so always be sure to double check everything.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Medicine?
Dr. Jain is a kind and compassionate RE. He’s written a book about infertility and it’s clear he truly cares for his patients and their well-being. That said, I am a poor responder and have done 6 cycles with Dr. Jain. Other than the first 2 cycles, I have suggested all protocols and potential new ideas to try. While I wish he would have been more proactive in that respect, he was completely open to my suggestions and allowed me to try everything I wanted to without hesitation. Of my 6 retrievals, Dr. Jain only performed 1 of them. I never saw him during stims either but he was also available for a call if I requested it (and I was never charged for them). Overall, I think Dr. Jain is a great RE.
Be sure to do your own research and advocate for any protocols or medicines you think may be beneficial. Northwestern appears to be pretty conservative in their practice.
Dr. Jain is very kind. He is soft-spoken but it’s clear that he truly cares for his patients. I had a scare during one of my cycles were I was bleeding very heavily. Dr. Jain saw me right away the next morning, took my concerns seriously and acknowledged how scary the experience was even though it ended up not being a big deal.
Antagonist - first 4 cycles, mostly diagnostic but I think this is the standard protocol they use for all patients. Microdose lupron - it was my suggestion to make this change For the last 2 cycles because I knew regular antagonist was not working for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Dana)
Dana is an absolutely wonderful nurse. She always responded quickly and thoughtfully to my messages. She was compassionate and kind and did her best to alleviate my concerns. Other nurses assigned to Dr. Jain sometimes also fill in when Dana is not in. I’ve had varying experiences with these other nurses, some of which gave me incorrect instructions for medications, so always be sure to double check everything. In general, the nurses respond very quickly to all messages.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Medicine.
Northwestern is a pretty well-oiled machine at this point. It can be a bit of a cattle call for monitoring but they keep things moving and generally don’t have any issues. They tend to be conservative in their protocols although I know some doctors are more progressive. I’m not certain that their lab is top notch and using the most up-to-date methods.
Northwestern follows SART guidelines in this regard.
+ Read more- Read less

I have been doing iui with injectables. Each time depending on my response he [Dr. Tarun Jain] has adjusted the dosage when necessary. I have only one functioning tube, we make sure that is the side with the follicles be fore proceeding with the iui. He also has me begin progesterone a few days following my treatment...is patient and kind. He is willing to take the time to answer all of your questions and explain the treatment plan in detail.
The iui cost for self pay [at Chicago IVF] was $350...They treat you like a person not a number...Courtney at the front desk is awesome and a friendly face to walk in to. She is so helpful with anything you need! She makes paperwork and making appointments not so stressful. Her and Angela make a wonderful team. I know that I am well taken care of when I walk in to the clinic. They go above and before anything I’ve ever encountered before from other clinics.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr. Jain is compassionate. He is willing to explain things in detail and genuinely cares. He is not in a rush to push things that he knows will be financially difficult for his patients. He takes your thoughts and feelings into consideration with his recommendations for your treatment plan. I truly feel that he is invested in the process of doing what is best to achieve a baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Come with any questions or concerns you have and he will address them all and answer to the best of his ability.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr. Jain is patient and kind. He is willing to take the time to answer all of your questions and explain the treatment plan in detail.
Describe the protocols Tarun Jain used in your cycles at Chicago IVF and their degree of success.
I have been doing iui with injectables. Each time depending on my response he has adjusted the dosage when necessary. I have only one functioning tube, we make sure that is the side with the follicles be fore proceeding with the iui. He also has me begin progesterone a few days following my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Angela)
Angela is wonderful. I could not say enough good things about her. She is patient, accommodating, and truly cares for all of her patients. She is a huge support and I could not have gotten this far without her.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Courtney at the front desk is awesome and a friendly face to walk in to. She is so helpful with anything you need! She makes paperwork and making appointments not so stressful. Her and Angela make a wonderful team. I know that I am well taken care of when I walk in to the clinic. They go above and before anything I’ve ever encountered before from other clinics. They treat you like a person not a number.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF.
The ultra sounds and blood work range depending on the type. The iui cost for self pay was $350. All medications range in price.
Munster
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
So far my experience with Dr. Jain has been positive. I feel that he is innovative and willing to listen to all of my concerns and answer all of my questions. He has compassion for not only me but also my partner. He was willing to go above and beyond in my treatments so far to address all problems....I went to Dr. Jain for a second opinion. He performed a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy and resolved some issues of mine that other doctors could not. I have done 3 IUI's with injectables under his care.
It [CIVF - Chicago IVF- Valpo] is a smaller clinic, but I love it because they make you feel like a person not a number. I have been to other clinics and I will tell you they are the best. I am comfortable there and highly recommend it....Angela is the nurse in Valpo and I could not say enough good things about her. She is hardworking and so accommodating. She is the most patient and kind nurse I have ever had. She takes the time to listen and help with any issue you are having. Above all she is one of my biggest cheerleaders and so compassionate.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
So far my experience with Dr. Jain has been positive. I feel that he is innovative and willing to listen to all of my concerns and answer all of my questions. He has compassion for not only me but also my partner. He was willing to go above and beyond in my treatments so far to address all problems. I am very happy having him as my doctor.
He is very open and honest. He is a doctor you can ask anything to without feeling intimidated or like he is rushing you out. Come with all of your questions and concerns. He will address them all with honesty.
Dr Jain is extremely patient and kind. I always felt he gave me time during appointments with him to answer all of my questions and ease my anxieties.
I went to Dr. Jain for a second opinion. He performed a laparoscopy & hysteroscopy and resolved some issues of mine that other doctors could not. I have done 3 IUI's with injectables under his care. Unfortunately none have been successful yet. He has adjusted my dosage each time and wants to do one more aggressive IUI with injectables before moving to IVF. He is understanding of the fact that I am self pay. He wants to exhaust all of the lower cost treatments before moving onto the larger one which is wonderful. We are hoping our last IUI will work, but if not will continue to save for IVF with him.
Angela is the nurse in Valpo and I could not say enough good things about her. She is hardworking and so accommodating. She is the most patient and kind nurse I have ever had. She takes the time to listen and help with any issue you are having. Above all she is one of my biggest cheerleaders and so compassionate. I would not have made it through all of this without her. I also want to mention Courtney who works the front desk. She is a wonderful, friendly face when you enter and so very helpful. One other person that has been wonderful is the nurse practitioner Tammy. She is so kind, patient, and understanding. She will be an ear to listen and has lots of great information. I am so thankful for all three of those ladies. They have made this much easier to go through. Knowing my husband and I have support from them means more than I can explain.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
It is a smaller clinic, but I love it because they make you feel like a person not a number. I have been to other clinics and I will tell you they are the best. I am comfortable there and highly recommend it.
Munster

2013 - 2017
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Jain really took the time to sit with us and review anything we needed....We had a fabulous experience with Dr. Jain. I felt completely confident in his expertise, his insight into my particular case, and his execution...After a couple failed cycles, Dr. Jain was willing to give a final effort, increasing my meds accordingly. Finally, he advised that donor eggs would be the best route for us.... During my actual transfer, it went so smoothly, and I honestly hardly felt a thing.
I loved the entire doctor/nurse staff and CIVF! The front desk girls are great, as well! When I first started seeing CIVF in 2013, we did have to put down some large administrative fees - one for 7k was for genetic testing. We were never able to harvest my eggs, so never ended up going through with the genetic testing. 5k of that 7k was a non refundable “admin fee”, which was unfortunate. I would say aside from various admin fees, I loved everything about CIVF.
2013 - 2017
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
We had a fabulous experience with Dr. Jain. I felt completely confident in his expertise, his insight into my particular case, and his execution. During my actual transfer, it went so smoothly, and I honestly hardly felt a thing. (He is not the only fertility doctor I’ve seen, so I know this is not always the case!)
You’re in good hands!
Dr. Jain really took the time to sit with us and review anything we needed. He remembered my daughter (my successful IVF transfer in 2014) when I came back from out of state to try another cycle.
We tried a few times to harvest my own eggs. After a couple failed cycles, Dr. Jain was willing to give a final effort, increasing my meds accordingly. Finally, he advised that donor eggs would be the best route for us. We now have a beautiful baby girl and are so thankful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary Anne)
All of the nurses I’ve had have been fabulous. Although my second cycle was not successful, Mary Anne (my main nurse) was absolutely fabulous. I had previously lived in Chicago when I started seeing CIVF, and had a successful pregnancy. I had since moved out of state, but wanted to continue treatment with CIVF. Mary Anne worked closely with labs in TN to make the entire process as seamless as possible and was a fabulous communicator.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF.
Our insurance coverage was fabulous at CIVF. There were some admin fees, specifically the ones I recall were associated with genetic testing (which we didn’t end up being able to use) and donor egg coordinating (a fee for receiving the eggs).
Describe Tarun Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Chicago IVF.
Dr. Jain recommended transferring two embryos for each of my cycles.
Orland Park

1 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Jain] has a wonderful and calm personality, and put me to ease. He was also very sensitive to my issue of having poor egg number and quality at an earlier than expected age. Unlike my previous doctors, he did not make me feel bad about it. Ultimately, I ended up using frozen donor eggs and it worked the first time!! ...He is the kindest and most honest doctor I have ever seen...He was positive yet realistic. He did not sugar-coat anything...Dr Jain is intelligent, kind, honest, and has an amazing bedside manner...I can't thank Dr Jain and his staff enough for their support!
The nursing team at Chicago IVF in general is outstanding. I cant say enough about them. They went out of their way to help me. They even delivered some medications to my home personally, when I realized I was missing something! Just amazing dedication. They were also always available -- I had their cell phone numbers at all times....Very friendly -- the front desk staff always knew my name and had a friendly greeting. Nice and modern office. Felt at ease.
European, South Asian
1 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr Jain is intelligent, kind, honest, and has an amazing bedside manner. He was positive yet realistic. He did not sugar-coat anything. I really appreciated that. He also gave me a free copy of his new book -- The Infertility Journey! It really helped me.
Drop what you are doing, and go see him now!! You will not be disappointed, I assure you. We need more doctors like Dr Jain. He is a breath of fresh air.
Dr Tarun Jain is simply amazing. He is the kindest and most honest doctor I have ever seen. He has a wonderful and calm personality, and put me to ease. He was also very sensitive to my issue of having poor egg number and quality at an earlier than expected age. Unlike my previous doctors, he did not make me feel bad about it. He also allowed me to try using my own eggs first. Ultimately, I ended up using frozen donor eggs and it worked the first time!! I can't thank Dr Jain and his staff enough for their support!
Dr Jain and his staff made it very easy. I had detailed written instructions for everything. I could use vaginal progesterone (Crinone) instead of those horrible progesterone in oil shots that my previous doctor insisted upon. He also had me stop unnecessary things like baby aspirin, prednisone, and blood thinners. I did not need any of them. I also used ganarelix instead of lupron -- ultimately needed much fewer shots.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF.
My insurance covered most of the costs, except for using donor eggs. I got an accurate financial estimate well in advance so I knew what to expect. There were no surprises.
Dr Jain recommended I try a single day 5 embryo first, since it was from a donor egg.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
So far he [Dr. Jain] is very nice and very gentle. He explains this well and although I am in the field he still explained everything. Sometimes he can be a little awkward but I believe he knows his specialty. I’ve never had a problem with him, I’d just like him to be more visible...I didn’t like that he wasn’t the one who performed the actual transfer or retrieval. How do I know he was even managing the medications during a cycle?...Iui x3 with letrozole and ovidrel trigger...1 ivf cycle with gonal f and menopur. 7 follicules, 4 mature, 1 fertilized. 1 bfn...
all options should be available at all locations [of Northwestern Medicine]. I had absolutely no idea that the actual ivf procedure was not done In Oak brook at all. Everything is based downtown, weekend monitoring... downtown. Ivf downtown...Everyone’s hands are in the chart. With the primary location being downtown, I feel like the dictate the plan. I had nurses communicating with me that I have never met nor spoken to. All communication is computer chart based.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Medicine?
So far he is very nice and very gentle. He explains this well and although I am in the field he still explained everything. Sometimes he can be a little awkward but I believe he knows his specialty. I’ve never had a problem with him, I’d just like him to be more visible.
Be prepared to not see a MD during your IUI. I was completely caught off guard. Be prepared to travel down town for monitoring and procedures, I was under the impression everything could be done in Oakbrook.
Dr Jain made me feel good, he explained things. However I didn’t like that he wasn’t the one who performed the actual transfer or retrieval. How do I know he was even managing the medications during a cycle?
Iui x3 with letrozole and ovidrel trigger. Letrozole works better with those with a history of PCOS. 1 ivf cycle with gonal f and menopur. 7 follicules, 4 mature, 1 fertilized. 1 bfn.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Joyce)
Describe your experience with Northwestern Medicine.
If you’re going to promote numerous locations... all options should be available at all locations. I had absolutely no idea that the actual ivf procedure was not done In Oak brook at all. Everything is based downtown, weekend monitoring... downtown. Ivf downtown.
Last I have heard... my insurance covers 5 IUI’s and 4 IVF procedures.
1-2 with a 3 day. 1 with a 5 day.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Jain] was great he draws pictures to make sure you understand, he send you MyChart messages, 24 hour turnaround time for questions most times it was within hours, he listened to concerns, he’s opened for discussion...I didn’t have a baseline, so he started me off with gonal f 300, then I wasn’t moving like he wanted so he increased my med to 450, I was only able to produce 3 follicles, after a couple of days with those 3 he told me to start ganirelix the follicles grew but not big enough so I decided to end the cycle and start another one... I feel confident this time because Dr have a baseline to work with
The clinic [Northwestern Med] was nice open early each and every time, nice friendly faces and staff showed concerns as well they knew your name, they always was willing to help out with questions or concerns anything they would go out there way, they have a coffee and tea area as well...It felt very personal, like family...[Nursing staff] Great experience took there time with me very understanding and showed concerns, answered questions quickly all around just nice...he [Dr. Jain] send you MyChart messages, 24 hour turnaround time for questions most times it was within hours, he listened to concerns, he’s opened for discussion. Just all around nice practice
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Medicine?
He was great he draws pictures to make sure you understand, he send you MyChart messages, 24 hour turnaround time for questions most times it was within hours, he listened to concerns, he’s opened for discussion. Just all around nice practice
This is a long process and you have to be mentally prepared
It felt very personal, like family
I didn’t have a baseline, so he started me off with gonal f 300, then I wasn’t moving like he wanted so he increased my med to 450, I was only able to produce 3 follicles, after a couple of days with those 3 he told me to start ganirelix the follicles grew but not big enough so I decided to end the cycle and start another one, I feel confident this time because Dr have a baseline to work with
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Medicine.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Medicine.
The clinic was nice open early each and every time, nice friendly faces and staff showed concerns as well they knew your name, they always was willing to help out with questions or concerns anything they would go out there way, they have a coffee and tea area as well
My insurance covered everything OOP less then 5k

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
If you don’t understand ask he [Dr. Tarun Jain] is very patient and understands that it can be very overwhelming...recommended 2 embryos to have more of a chance of successful transfer...He treated me as if I was his only patient very caring and extremely warm...was a really great doctor. He was kind and patient. Never was in a rush to get you in and out. Dr Jain made me feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. I would recommend dr Jain to anyone not because I was sucessful with IVF but because it was the overall experience I had with him.
They [nurses at Chicago IVF] were extremely nice. They are the ones that made my experience even better. Very kind and patient and I loved how organized it was...Doctor Jain was a really great doctor. He was kind and patient. Never was in a rush to get you in and out. Dr Jain made me feel comfortable in an uncomfortable situation. I would recommend dr Jain to anyone not because I was sucessful with IVF but because it was the overall experience I had with him.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
If you don’t understand ask he is very patient and understands that it can be very overwhelming.
He treated me as if I was his only patient very caring and extremely warm. Loved Chicago IVF nurses and doctors
They were extremely nice. They are the ones that made my experience even better. Very kind and patient and I loved how organized it was and how there was never an extremely lon wait.
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Be sure to make sure you understand your insurance and billing. It can get really confusing. I you could end up having a out of pocket expense. Just know that IVF is not cheap and if you want additional testing it’s even more expensive. So when you have a sit down with the billing person ask her everything g even if you think it’s a stupid question.
Dr Jain recommended 2 embryos to have more of a chance of successful transfer
Orland Park
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Jain was fine. I'm an introvert so I was never overly emotional and wouldn't expect nor need much emotion from my doctor; however, he did celebrate my victories with me. He explained things clearly and was willing to repeat as necessary and without bias, allowing me to make my own decisions. The day of the surgery I decided to change our course of action. He explained the implications without forcing me to do anything.... I never felt rush while with Dr. Jain.
The clinic [Advanced Fertility] didn't offer specific about the insurance coverage. They would say "your insurance covers it" but I found out that meant only 60% two days before my surgery....The NP was a bit disingenuous. I would rather she not try to smile and be overly nice than to allow her façade to crack, which she did a number of times. The nursing stuff was always rushed though no one else was waiting. I felt like more of a number to them than the doctor.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tarun Jain at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Don't expect to be best friends.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tarun Jain at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
I was typically the only patient in the office. I never felt rush while with Dr. Jain.
Describe the protocols Tarun Jain used in your cycles at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago and their degree of success.
After the hysterosalpingogram showed blocked tubes we scheduled a laproscopy and a hysteroscopy. If the tubes were hydrosalpinx he would clamp them to better the chances for a successful IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Describe your experience with Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
It's difficult to compare because I've only been to this one. However, I am going to look at others and this clinic will be the mid bar. Also, the clinics are really far from Chicago.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.
Insurance covered 60%
What specific things went wrong at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago?
Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Tarun Jain at Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I was very happy with his [Dr Jain's] knowledge and cycle protocols....The staff is warm and caring. he nursing staff at C-IVF is absolutely amazing. They answer all my questions and are caring....At some times I have felt rushed during appointments though.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
I was very happy with his knowledge and cycle protocols.
Always ask questions and do your own research. I would give anyone that advice for any doctor.
The staff is warm and caring. At some times I have felt rushed during appointments though.
I remember that we used Ganirelix and no lupron for our IVF cycle. He gave me the option to use Crinone instead of progesterone in oil, even for a frozen embryo transfer. Cycles are synced with birth control pills.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF. (Assigned nurse: Catherine & Yusuko)
The nursing staff at C-IVF is absolutely amazing. They answer all my questions and are caring.

2010 - 2011
The team was awesome. I had the same nurse do my blood work almost every time. The receptionist was very sensitive to each person because she had also been through a fertility struggle.
2010 - 2011
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Dr. Jain was very informative and sensitive at the same time. He laid out our options in a tiered manner from least aggressive and least expensive to most. His staff was really helpful and even accommodated my early work ours for blood work.
Don't hesitate to ask questions or ask for clarification. The nurses are very encouraging and most are knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Chicago IVF.
They were flexible, easy to talk to, and understanding.
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr. Jain] conducted a thorough examination and provided clear instructions and recommendations for our game plan. We only met him once at our initial consultation back in January but he came highly recommend by my gynecologist. ... Since we had already been trying to conceive for a year, had 5 months of clomid and one failed IUI without a positive pregnancy test he laid out a game plan to switch to letrozole for three months before discussing IVF.
This clinic [Northwestern Medicine] operates as a well oiled machine. It’s startling to see so many women at the office on the same journey they they all seem well taken care of. They have flexible house for monitoring appointments for blood draws and ultrasounds. Makes it easy to fit appointments into my schedule. I also love that they primarily communicate through MyChart app. No missed phone calls and it’s easy to review their written instructions and be reminded of appointments.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Medicine?
He conducted a thorough examination and provided clear instructions and recommendations for our game plan. We only met him once at our initial consultation back in January but he came highly recommend by my gynecologist. We also have an IVF consultation scheduled for next month if needed.
Personable staff and pleasant communication
Describe your experience with Northwestern Medicine.
This clinic operates as a well oiled machine. It’s startling to see so many women at the office on the same journey they they all seem well taken care of. They have flexible house for monitoring appointments for blood draws and ultrasounds. Makes it easy to fit appointments into my schedule. I also love that they primarily communicate through MyChart app. No missed phone calls and it’s easy to review their written instructions and be reminded of appointments.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Jain listen to me and respected everything I needed to know as a nerdy researcher....Dr. Jaim puts his patients needs as a high priority, even writing a book on the perspective of patients to help folks on the Journey of infertility. When I'm ready to try again, he's the only fertility doctor I will see. Even though he has moved to Northwestern in Chicago....Don't be afraid to ask questions and offer your Insight. He will listen....They work to help creation of families. while it didn't work for me, yet, they treated me with compassion and dignity every step of the way, even with my eccentric personality. My failed success had more to do with my body failing me than the doctor and his team.
They [CIVF-Chicago IVF - Warrenville] work to help creation of families. while it didn't work for me, yet, they treated me with compassion and dignity every step of the way, even with my eccentric personality. My failed success had more to do with my body failing me than the doctor and his team....I have some pretty big allergies and only one person forgot about that with regard to prenatals that I ended up not needing after all anyway...Dr. Jain listen to me and respected everything I needed to know as a nerdy researcher....It was predominantly covered under insurance. Other than copay. Now I don't have insurance so I'd have to pay I don't remember the exact cost
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Don't be afraid to ask questions and offer your Insight. He will listen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF.
What specific things went wrong at Chicago IVF?

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Ask tons of questions he [Dr. Tarun Jain] is great and always answers...He was absolutely amazing we were with him for 2.5 years and I never thought to go to another dr or get a second opinion. I would 100% recommend him. He has an amazing bedside manner and always was compassionate and kind. He has also written a book which was amazing to read and learn how invested he is in the infertility world.
Dana [at Chicago IVF] was amazing, I'm sad I don't still see her and talk with her. She was always wiling to listen and answer any questions always had an answer for us or if she didn't know she would check and promptly return phone call. She has an amazing bedside manner. Also the untraound techs were very friendly and explained everything in great detail...Ask tons of questions he [Dr. Tarun Jain] is great and always answers..
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Chicago IVF?
Ask tons of questions he is great and always answers
Describe your experience with Chicago IVF.
Dana was amazing, I'm sad I don't still see her and talk with her. She was always wiling to listen and answer any questions always had an answer for us or if she didn't know she would check and promptly return phone call. She has an amazing bedside manner. Also the untraound techs were very friendly and explained everything in great detail
He allowed us to choose how many and discussed options and risks