4.4

Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
630-545-3766

1 patient review filtered by:

2020, Unknown Success
The very first time I met him [Dr. Jain]...He was confident that I would not need IVF and with 4 IUI (3 being negative and 1 being a chemical pregnancy). After our 2nd telemed meeting we are now doing IVF...He does take the time to listen to you...he basically told me to go on a Plant based diet, lose weight, cut sugar out, and stop eating meat because its bad food....
I just felt everytime I walked into the office [at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] I was just another $ instead of a person...Strengths: Fast and sufficient. Answer your questions in a timely manner. Multiple sites your able to go to. Weakness: Only downtown location is open on the weekends, appointments are far out so you have to take what you can get, if you normally go to a specific site be aware if its booked you have to go to another site, getting your period on the weekend is the worst because monday is there busiest days.
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
I've only met Dr. Jain twice never in person only telemed because of Covid. The very first time I met him to my partner and I he seemed cocky he basically told me to go on a Plant based diet, lose weight, cut sugar out, and stop eating meat because its bad food. He was confident that I would not need IVF and with 4 IUI (3 being negative and 1 being a chemical pregnancy). After our 2nd telemed meeting we are now doing IVF. Which is not only time consuming but is very expensive. I will say I cut dairy out of my diet and did lose 28 pounds. Never had natural periods until I lost all that weight the last 5 months my periods have been coming by themselfs and timid. He does take the time to listen to you and it is very overstimulating the amount of information that is received and what your body really goes through! You are mentally and physically drained.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tarun Jain at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared- this experience is very long and becomes overwhelming for you and your partner. It consumes your life from the blood draws, semen samples, ultrasounds, and appointments. You pretty much work around their availability and I've personally have missed a lot of work just to attend these appointments. *Do your researches make notes and DO NOT be afraid to ask Questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
I just felt everytime I walked into the office I was just another $ instead of a person. My first time doing an IUI/ ultrasound nobody explained to me I needed to undress and I stayed in the room unsure what to do and nervous. Finally, when the tech came in she was unhappy that I was not on the table ready to go. I had a chemical pregnancy and I just feel like my world just shattered they didn't offer services/ therapy anything to get me through my worst nightmare just an apology.
Describe the protocols Tarun Jain used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
My partner and I decided to do 2 timid intercourses and 2 IUI. But, the protocols were similar. Timid intercourse: Notify the clinic of day 1 of period. Day 3 of period schedule you for bloodwork and ultrasound. Based on your bloodwork and ultrasound they send you a message letting you know to start taking Letrozole 5mg once a day for 5 days. Return for bloodwork and ultrasound and based on your results the nursing staff will tell you when to give the trigger shot usually 24 hrs last between 9pm-10pm. The nursing staff gave specific instructions for the timid intercourse usually the next three days. Wait 2 weeks and take a pregnancy test. The IUI:Notify the clinic of day 1 of period. Day 3 of period schedule you for bloodwork and ultrasound. Based on your bloodwork and ultrasound they send you a message letting you know to start taking Letrozole 5mg once a day for 5 days. Return for bloodwork and ultrasound and based on your results the nursing staff will tell you when to give the trigger shot usually 24 hrs last between 9pm-10pm. The nursing staff reaches out to scheduling to set you a time for your partner and yourself to go in the IUI procedure (Usually 2-3 days after trigger shot).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: For the most they were in great communication with me letting me know the next steps if I had any questions they were quick to respond. Weakness: I do not like how many people have access to my information I felt like I was getting different answerings which made it confusing.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Make sure you try to have the best deductible because the cost quickly add up. The trigger shot is through Northwestern Speciality Pharmacy and you have to special order that shot and it was $20.00. The ultrasounds and bloodwork after I met my deductible were free essentially but prior the blood work was roughly $10-$30 and ultrasound was $30-$50
Describe Tarun Jain's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
No comments this process was explained thoroughly to me and I understood why he is transferring one embryo instead of multiples.
Tarun Jain