4.6

Oakbrook Terrace
2 Trans Am Plaza
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181

2021 - 2022, 18 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Jain gave good explanations and helped me decide to do the egg retrieval. I honestly didn't interact with him much but when I did it was good. I don't have much else to say - he wasn't a big part of my experience with the egg retrieval...every time I interacted with him he treated me with respect and care. My critique of the experience is that I had very little interaction with people who could give me a sense of how the cycles were going - the clinic staff was unbelievably efficient, but the only people I spoke to were receptionists, phlebotomists, and ultrasonographers...
The nurses [at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] were incredibly organized. My critique is that I had very few qualitative descriptions of how things were going. Once I got a message that said "it's still early in your cycle so we expect more follicles in the coming days." Otherwise it was always a form message - a very clear and useful form message - but nothing personalized...ask the nurses for more input if you want to know what's going on...
How was your experience with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tarun Jain at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
Find a way to ask the nurses for more input if you want to know what's going on
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tarun Jain at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine?
During the consultation I had a very good conversation with Dr. Jain. Overall every time I interacted with him he treated me with respect and care. My critique of the experience is that I had very little interaction with people who could give me a sense of how the cycles were going - the clinic staff was unbelievably efficient, but the only people I spoke to were receptionists, phlebotomists, and ultrasonographers - no one who could tell me "things are going well - I'd guess you have 5 more days" or "things are going pretty slowly - I think you might not get a good yield this round and I suspect you'll have to do another one" which is what happened. That's fine, but I was disappointed after my first round and I wish I'd had more of a sense earlier on that it wasn't going well.
Describe the protocols Tarun Jain used in your cycles at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Day: Date: [Ganirelix], Dose Gonal F, dose novarel/HCG 1: 10/27: 100, 0.06 (estradiol 61) 2: 10/28: 100, 0.06 3: 10/29: 100, 0.06 4: 10/30: 150, 0.06 (estradiol 153) -You have a few follicles measuring less than 10mm 5: 10/31: 150, 0.06 6: 11/1: Gonal-F 225 units, HCG 6 units (estradiol 366) -The largest follicle measuring by ultrasound is 10mm. -You also have smaller follicles measuring less than 10mm 7: 11/2: Ganirelix AM, Gonal-F 225 units, HCG 6 units 8: 11/3: Ganirelix AM, Gonal-F 300 units, HCG 6 units (estradiol 954) -The largest follicle measuring by ultrasound is 13 mm. -You also have 3 smaller follicles measuring between 12 and 13. 9: 11/4: Ganirelix AM, Gonal-F 300 units, HCG 6 units 10: 11/5: Ganirelix AM, Gonal-F 300 units, HCG 6 units 11: 11/6: Ganirelix AM, Gonal-F 300 units, HCG 6 units (estradiol 1408) -Your estrogen level is 1408. You have 5 follicles measuring between 17 mm and 27 mm. 12: 11/7 1am: leupron 13: retrieval (11 follicles, of which 6 were mature) Total meds used: -Gonal-F used: 2250 (required 3 pens) -Ganirelix: 5 doses. -HCG: Plenty of HCG leftover Round 2 Day: Date: [Ganirelix], Dose Gonal F, dose menopur 1: Mon 2/14: Gonal-F 200u, Menopur 75u. (estradiol 60) 2: Tues 2/15: Gonal-F 200u, Menopur 75u. 3: Wed 2/16: Gonal-F 200u, Menopur 75u. 4: Thur 2/17: Gonal-F 200u, Menopur 75u. (est 339) -The largest follicle measuring by ultrasound is 10 mm. -You also have 2 smaller follicles measuring 10 mm. 5: Fri 2/18: AM: Gan. Gonal-F 200u, Men 75u. 6: Sat 2/19: AM: Gan. Gonal-F 200, Men 75u. (est 749) -The largest follicle measuring by ultrasound is 14mm. -You also have 6 smaller follicles measuring between 10 and 13mm. 7: Sun 2/20: AM: Gan. Gonal-F 200, Men 75u. 8: Mon 2/21: AM Gan. Gonal-F 200, Men 75u. (est 922) -The largest follicle measuring by ultrasound is 19 mm. -You also have 12 smaller follicles measuring between 11 and 18 mm. 9: Tues 2/22: AM Gan. Gonal-F 200, Men 75u. (est 1190) -The largest follicle measuring by ultrasound is 20 mm. -You also have 12 smaller follicles measuring between 11 and 17 mm. 10: Wed 2/23: AM Gan. Gonal-F 200, Men 75u. (est 1685) -You have 10 follicles measuring between 15mm and 30mm. 11: Thurs 2/24: 12am Leurpon 80u. am labs 12: Fri 2/25: 12pm retrieval (16 follicles, of which 12 were mature) Total meds used: -Gonal F: 2000u (3 pens) -Menopur: 10 vials -Ganirelix: 6 doses
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kait)
The nurses were incredibly organized. My critique is that I had very few qualitative descriptions of how things were going. Once I got a message that said "it's still early in your cycle so we expect more follicles in the coming days." Otherwise it was always a form message - a very clear and useful form message - but nothing personalized.
Describe your experience with Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
Unbelievably efficient, quick, and professional. As I've described, lacking in personalized communication/letting patients know how they're doing. Copying and pasting from before: the clinic staff was unbelievably efficient, but the only people I spoke to were receptionists, phlebotomists, and ultrasonographers - no one who could tell me "things are going well - I'd guess you have 5 more days" or "things are going pretty slowly - I think you might not get a good yield this round and I suspect you'll have to do another one" which is what happened. That's fine, but I was disappointed after my first round and I wish I'd had more of a sense earlier on that it wasn't going well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tarun Jain at Northwestern Fertility & Reproductive Medicine.
1500 procedure, 200-300 for meds per round