Nurse available by email
ResidencyMagee-Womens UPMC
FellowshipMagee-Womens UPMC
836 Prudential Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32207
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Teresa Erb to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.8
9.7

6.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Erb has a quiet disposition and seems a little bit young. However, she is very thorough in her work and seems very knowledgeable. I was very thankful when she listened to my concerns about a treatment she had prescribed and was willing to go over the alternatives and found something we both felt more comfortable with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to ask questions. Take notes and don't be afraid to ask if you don't understand something. Slow her down if necessary. She is great.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
On my first consultation. Dr. Erb was very professional, yet I felt like Dr. Erb was in a hurry and spoke quickly to explain the procedures, etc. However, on my next consults she was very kind and listened to my questions, answering them as best as she could. She didn't pretend to have all the answers, but always tried her best to let us know that she would find the best treatment for us. So, I definitely felt like a human.
Describe the protocols Teresa Erb used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Erb prescribed an HSG and then a Hysteroscopy because she saw a mass that was suspicious. During the Hysteroscopy she ended up removing some polyps and also noticed that I had lesions from Endometriosis on my uterus. She then prescribed treatment with Lupron for two months to control de Endometriosis before the embryo transfer. When I voiced my concerns about Lupron, she switched to a month of Letrozole 7.5/day. I will then keep taking bcp, and after a couple of weeks will start estrace for other 2 weeks until my next consultation, at which I think I will start progesterone injections and then hopefully be ready for the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Emma Langley)
The main care coordinator, Emma, is really nice and helpful, yet it seems like she might have too much stuff going on and sometimes she gives the impression that some balls are dropped. She also seems a little bit in a hurry when I talk to her, so I need to have already written down and ready the questions I need to ask her. All her directions are given orally, nor written, which sometimes seems like it would be easier to make a mistake or miscalculate.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It seems to be a good clinic, which has lots of good reviews in the State. Their main clinic is in Jacksonville and they have a smaller clinic in Daytona. I wish I had known that the same level of care is not available in the Daytona office. Everyone is very nice and helpful at that office, but it is a lot smaller and doesn't offer all the services.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I am not done yet, but the procedure for a transfer embryo is supposed to be between 7,000 and 10,000 including consultations and ultrasounds.
Describe Teresa Erb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
My doctor did have a very strong preference to single embryo transfer in my case because of my age (45). She said it would be too risky to implant more than one embryo at a time. We believed her, but it didn't seem like that was open for discussion
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Jacksonville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

Dr. Erb was able to tailor our treatment to my specific needs. She made sure that we were confident with the course that we were taking. She was always sure to explain things without being to clinical. She made me feel like I was in control of my infertility treatment and offered us options. She was very thorough and has performed all of my ultrasounds, and my HSG...Be prepared to have a large battery of tests run first before you begin treatment. She is very thorough and does not like to start until all of your results have come in to give a clearer picture of what you are up against.
Be prepared to have a large battery of tests run first before you begin treatment. She is very thorough and does not like to start until all of your results have come in to give a clearer picture of what you are up against. She ordered a full panel of blood work, recommended a genetic screening, HSG, and full semen analysis before we began any medication or fertility treatment. This can cause the process to take longer to start but does avoid set backs while under treatment.
Dr. Erb took the time to explain things to myself and my husband. She was sure to always use my preferred name was thorough and always had a kind smile. She was encouraging and has let me sit in her office and cry on more than one occasion. She is always sure to explain things to us in ways that we can understand and answers all of our questions thoroughly and honestly.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
There are five doctors in the clinic and while you will have a primary you may see any or all of them in the course of treatment. From my experience they are all exceptional practitioners and take pride in helping have over 14,000 babies born.
The costs are actually reasonable from what I've seen other practices charge. They have several IVF options to help with most budgets. They were able to bill my insurance for most of our screening and that helped with the overall cost associated with fertility treatment.
Jacksonville

ERA [performed by Dr. Theresa Erb]. Found that I needed 12 more hours of progesterone...know my hx, treat me with kindness and compassion and truly care about the outcome of my upcoming donor embryo FET...has been very upfront and honest with me. When I had concerns about continuing with a cycle due to a medication change not related to fertility she was on board. She has been more than willing to work we my, my schedule and my rheumatologist. I couldn't be happier.
Dr. Erb has been very upfront and honest with me. When I had concerns about continuing with a cycle due to a medication change not related to fertility she was on board. She has been more than willing to work we my, my schedule and my rheumatologist. I couldn't be happier.
Be honest with her so that she can give you the best treatment plan available for your current situation.
FIRM has been a wonderful clinic to date. When I speak to the Donor Embryo Coordinator & Dr. Erb they know my hx, treat me with kindness and compassion and truly care about the outcome of my upcoming donor embryo FET.
ERA cycle: CD1 start 3 mg of estrace BID, CD 13 US and labs, CD 15 PIO injections & CD 19 ERA. Found that I needed 12 more hours of progesterone. Upcoming FET: BC until 10/3, Estrace 10/7, US 10/18, PIO 10/19 & FET scheduled for 10/25
Emma does an excellent job with answering emails & returning phone calls. If she does not know the answer she will consult w/ the Dr & get back to me.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They have a wonderful done embryo program. I am very thankful for this program. If it weren't for their program I would not be getting a chance to be pregnant and have a child. I know from a friend that they also have a wonderful IVF program and a great clinic.
$5400 for a donor embryo package

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Both my husband and I enjoyed working with Dr. Erb [at Reproductive Health Specialists]. She was present at all of my embryo transfers and always called immediately to follow-up after each procedure. We did not end up getting pregnant at RHS, but I did feel that Dr. Erb was a knowledgeable and trustworthy physician to work with. We ultimately did decide to move onto a larger out-of-state clinic that had more treatment options.
European, East Asian
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Teresa Erb at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Both my husband and I enjoyed working with Dr. Erb. She was present at all of my embryo transfers and always called immediately to follow-up after each procedure. We did not end up getting pregnant at RHS, but I did feel that Dr. Erb was a knowledgeable and trustworthy physician to work with. We ultimately did decide to move onto a larger out-of-state clinic that had more treatment options.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Teresa Erb at Reproductive Health Specialists?
Dr. Erb was incredibility kind, patient, and understanding of our needs to conceive a baby. She did not make us feel rushed during patient visits and took her time to thoughtfully answer all of our questions.
Describe the protocols Teresa Erb used in your cycles at Reproductive Health Specialists and their degree of success.
Clomid cycles, IVF with ICSI- Freeze All, and Frozen Embryo Transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Health Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Denise)
Our nurse coordinator was very friendly and was provided prompt responses. She was easier to work than our originally assigned IVF coordinator.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Health Specialists.
I enjoyed the convenience of the online patient portal, so I could see all of my test results reported within hours of testing, available prescriptions, and procedure instructions. It was helpful to be able to email through the portal, while at I was at work. The front desk admin could stand to be more warm and friendly since she always acted like it was an inconvenience whenever I spoke to her over the phone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Teresa Erb at Reproductive Health Specialists.
My treatment was covered by my insurance, so I cannot really give exact costs.
Reproductive Health Specialists
Pittsburgh

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Teresa Erb at Reproductive Health Specialists.

Dr. Erb is very compassionate and has spent a lot of time with me reviewing my options and treatments. I feel she is someone Ican go to if there is an issue. She is friendly and warm while being very professional...is very trustworthy and competent....She is educated and up to date with the newest data. I trust her to have my best interests in mind and would highly recommend her!
I think that Dr. Erb is very trustworthy and competent. She is compassionate but professional. She is educated and up to date with the newest data. I trust her to have my best interests in mind and would highly recommend her!
Ask questions if you don’t understand!
I don’t remember exact protocol but it was on the more aggressive end.
So far everyone has been helpful and kind. This is a very stressful and confusing journey and they’re always happy to assist me witb questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s a little overwhelming when you first begin here but everyone is so helpful and accommodating. I have a severe needle phobia and they are one of the few doctor’s offices that actually worked with me and made me comfortable.
Most of our costs have been covered by insurance.
My doctor told me she would only transfer one embryo. I agree with her on this and understand her reasoning as more than one could put me at high risk.

3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Erb will transfer two embryos if the circumstances would call for it, but prefers to transfer single embryos...spent time talking with my husband and I, heard our concerns and adjusted accordingly...We really like Dr. Erb. She’s always very nice and happy and seems knowledgeable and up to date. She spent time explaining our risks while giving us the space to make our own decisions. I would say her only downfall is maybe that she is a quick talker and tends to explain things from a very technical standpoint which can sometimes be confusing for someone without a medical degree.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and share your concerns
Dr. Erb spent time talking with my husband and I, heard our concerns and adjusted accordingly.
We did a FET with donor embryos. 2 or so weeks BCP, Estrace protocol followed by PIO and then transfer. Currently in TWW.
They were extremely caring and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We’ve really enjoyed our experience so far. Good communication, financially reasonable, caring staff. The only negative at the moment was a relatively limited amount of donated embryos to choose from.
$6,000 for FET

1 IUI, IVF
Dr. Erb speaks in a manner that is easy to understand, yet professional. She truly cares and wants to see success...She always takes time to explain things in an easily understandable manner, yet she also outlines the potential risks. Along with risk, she also includes what she will do to change the course of treatment if this occurs...Do not be afraid to ask questions; she will not mind. She is so helpful!
1 IUI, IVF
Dr. Erb is exceptional. She always takes time to explain things in an easily understandable manner, yet she also outlines the potential risks. Along with risk, she also includes what she will do to change the course of treatment if this occurs.
Do not be afraid to ask questions; she will not mind. She is so helpful!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Always so very nice. I have no negative comments at all! Exceptional staff! Everytime that I call, someone is always willing to help. You can even hear the kindness in their voice. No matter what I am going for, I always feel at ease with each member of the staff.
Ivf treatment, genetica testing, bloodwork