U. of Pittsburgh

Terri Lynn Woodard works at

6651 Main Street
Houston, TX 77030
832-826-7500

Dr. Woodard, always walked in the door up-to-date and genuinely excited about the next step in my treatment. She cared about personal details and about how I felt about each step in the process...She has been nothing but supportive of my decision to be a Single Mother by Choice...She will go into detail if you ask, but not necessarily volunteer unneeded information
[at Baylor / Texas Childrens] Aesthetics are a little cold, but that is literally the only thing I don’t like about this clinic. The staff is extremely helpful and compassionate. The lab is one of the best in Texas, complete with the latest technology. This is a teaching hospital, so there is always an extra doctor in the room... which I loved because the younger (still learning) doctors often explain things in greater detail.
How was your experience with Terri Lynn Woodard at Baylor / Texas Childrens?
I came to Dr Woodard from another clinic for Baylor to perform ICSI and her to get me ready for FET. She was welcoming from the start, personable and always enthusiastic about the process. She has been nothing but supportive of my decision to be a Single Mother by Choice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Terri Lynn Woodard at Baylor / Texas Childrens?
Ask lots of questions. She will go into detail if you ask, but not necessarily volunteer unneeded information. I am a need-to-know patient, so I asked everything I could think of even down to the science.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Terri Lynn Woodard at Baylor / Texas Childrens?
Describe the protocols Terri Lynn Woodard used in your cycles at Baylor / Texas Childrens and their degree of success.
I have no known fertility issues, so Dr Woodard prescribed basic protocols for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Baylor / Texas Childrens. (Assigned nurse: Ginger)
I asked about timelines, checklists, etc. and knew exactly what was coming up when. I am glad that I did; the team doesn’t babysit you like some clinics do. Do your homework, stay organized, and ask lots of questions.
Describe your experience with Baylor / Texas Childrens.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Terri Lynn Woodard at Baylor / Texas Childrens.
Initially this ICSI to FET was going to cost about the same as an all-inclusive clinic. (Then my insurance changed and more costs were covered.)
Describe Terri Lynn Woodard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Baylor / Texas Childrens.
Because I am choosing to be a single mother, she strongly recommended transferring only one embryo. I completely agreed with her recommendation.

Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Woodard will hold your hand, give you a hug, laugh with you and I genuinely feel that she knows my pain. (That which I have had both emotionally and physically.) Treatment isn't for the weak, I learned how strong I could be and I feel she plays a big part in that...As things continue to not go as planned per se we are starting to get more aggressive...Dr. Woodard as well as her fellows always knew what was going on with me. They made my wife and I feel comfortable from day one!
There has never been a long wait to see the doctor [at Baylor/Texas Childrens] . They are very organized, Anna is great on the finance end. She has been a great help when trying to get a referral from my PCP. Scheduling and ivf, well you kinda have to work around your body, so when they call and say I have an appointment I take it. There isn't much wiggle room in appointments but that's understandable!
How was your experience with Terri Lynn Woodard at Baylor / Texas Childrens?
I might not be the best patient... lol. Dr. Woodard will hold your hand, give you a hug, laugh with you and I genuinely feel that she knows my pain. (That which I have had both emotionally and physically.) Treatment isn't for the weak, I learned how strong I could be and I feel she plays a big part in that.
I feel that the clinic as a whole has a "conservative" approach. I would give this information in talking with others at the same clinic as well as others. As things continue to not go as planned per se we are starting to get more aggressive.
I had a fairly standard ivf cycle, gonal-Menopur-centrotide.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Baylor / Texas Childrens. (Assigned nurse: Ashton)
Ashton is great, we have been seeing her as well as Dr. Woodard for about two years. She's quick to respond to emails and phone calls! I never feel bad having to ask something more than once or get more clarification if we do not understand.
Describe your experience with Baylor / Texas Childrens.
There has never been a long wait to see the doctor. They are very organized, Anna is great on the finance end. She has been a great help when trying to get a referral from my PCP. Scheduling and ivf, well you kinda have to work around your body, so when they call and say I have an appointment I take it. There isn't much wiggle room in appointments but that's understandable!
Ivf cycle was 13,500$... but of course all the other "things" add up, and quick!
After two failed transfers and just completing an ERA, we are going to transfer two.