Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolKansas City U.
ResidencyOregon Health & Science
FellowshipAlbert Einstein
9555 SW Barnes Road
Portland, OR 97225
503.274.4994
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Thomas Fisher to a friend?
9.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend ORM Fertility to a friend?
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
[Dr. Thomas Fisher] has been with us on a very long journey to finally arrive at our first IVF cycle. I had three surgeries between the time we met with him for our consultation until we started our IVF cycle. He checked in on us often and we have formed a great relationship with him. We feel like he is truly invested in helping us reach our goal...He has always been very open, honest and up front with us about our fertility and the hurdles we have with my diagnosis of endometriosis and adenomyosis. Though we have had many difficult and tear-filled conversations, we know that he has our best interest in mind, he understands that we are willing to do any and everything we need to do in order to make it to the phase when we do have an embryo to freeze, and he is supporting us along the way. He has been willing to have phone consultations with us since we live six hours from the clinic, which has been extremely helpful.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Fisher has been very supportive through all of the ups and downs in my health and getting us through our first IVF cycle. Even though our first egg retrieval didnt result in any successful embryos, Dr. Fisher has been in contact with us personally to discuss options for the future, to lend his condolences to us, and to check in our physical, emotional and mental well being after a failed cycle. He has always been very open, honest and up front with us about our fertility and the hurdles we have with my diagnosis of endometriosis and adenomyosis. Though we have had many difficult and tear-filled conversations, we know that he has our best interest in mind, he understands that we are willing to do any and everything we need to do in order to make it to the phase when we do have an embryo to freeze, and he is supporting us along the way. He has been willing to have phone consultations with us since we live six hours from the clinic, which has been extremely helpful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
If you are open, up front and honest with him, and voice your opinions and concerns, he will return the favor to you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Fisher has been with us on a very long journey to finally arrive at our first IVF cycle. I had three surgeries between the time we met with him for our consultation until we started our IVF cycle. He checked in on us often and we have formed a great relationship with him. We feel like he is truly invested in helping us reach our goal.
Describe the protocols Thomas Fisher used in your cycles at ORM Fertility and their degree of success.
We had an AM regimen of Lupron and Menopur, and a PM regimen of Lupron and Follistim, followed by a baby aspirin and a pre-natal vitamin. Because i have a low AMH and endometriosis and have had many pelvic surgeries, we knew that my total eggs retrieved would be low. We were pleasantly surprised when we retrieved 7 eggs, 5 mature and 3 fertilized however none made it to the day six blastocyst stage unexpectedly. If we move forward with a second round, we are taking 3 mg of melatonin along with 600 mg of CoQ10 to see if this helps with my egg quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
Heidi was extremely helpful to us and all of our questions we had both in person and over the phone during this entire process. There were a few documents that the nursing staff had us fill out twice because they lost the first copy we had signed, so that was frustrating in the sense that where did our paperwork end up if they didnt have it? Some of the nursing staff that we talked to on the phone tried to put us off with some of our questions, or they tried to give their own opinion on care questions, such as, can I use a heating pad during STIMS? The nursing staff I spoke to gave me the blanket answer to this question, but when i saw Dr. Fisher the next day, he told me his answer to the question and said that we have to tailor procedures to each of our patients and their individual needs and side effects. I wish that the nursing staff would communicate with the doctors better to help the patients get the correct answer tailored to our specific situation. i know they probably receive lots of questions or concerns during a day, but I don't think its too much to ask to get the help or advice we need, especially if we are in pain. I also wish they would just call us back with an answer rather than sending everything through their patient portal. A phone call gets the job done faster and more effectively.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Strengths: clean, good locations, always offered bottled water to us, private settings, great doctors, somewhat helpful nursing staff when we finally got the go ahead to start IVF. Weaknesses: fairly poor communication methods - if I called in with a question and asked for a return phone call, I didn't like getting a message in the Patient Portal, sometimes I had follow up questions or just wanted to reaffirm what was told to me previously. Overall it was a good experience, even though our cycle failed.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ORM Fertility.
We went in at our scheduled appointment time and the office ran like a well oiled machine: blood draw, ultrasound, schedule the following appointment, they would call later in the day to let us know our blood test results and if we needed to change any of our dosing instructions. it went very well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility.
STIM medications were roughly $5,000; IVF cycle part 1 for the ultrasounds, bloodwork, egg retrieval, embryology and then storing of any embryos was almost $16,000; anesthesia for the egg retrieval was roughly $600. If we would have had any embryos, there would have been additional fees for testing of the embryos, testing of my uterus before transfer, and then everything involved with transfer as well and other medications to prepare for transfer as well.
Describe Thomas Fisher's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ORM Fertility.
We didn't make it to this step in the process, so I don't have an answer for this question.
What specific things went wrong at ORM Fertility?
Portland Westside

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility.

Dr. Fisher listened closely to our fertility story and provided great explanations of the steps to evaluate infertility causes as well as treatment options of IUI and IVF catered to my situation. We never felt rushed and he answered our questions thoroughly.... The fertility testing for IVF is thorough and all parts are standard for all patients at this clinic. It includes lab testing for ovarian reserve including clomiphene challenge, sonohystogram, TVUS, transfer trial, and male blood tests for infections as well as semen analysis and function testing.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Fisher is a great reproductive endocrinologist, knowledgeable and friendly. Communicating with his staff on next steps was a little vague and I felt like in person visits were the best way to get information from the rude coordinator and financial staff.
Make sure you stay the second half of the initial consult visit to meet with the financial coordinator which takes a half hour. We could only stay the first hour and felt like we were pretty lost not having finished the appointment knowing what next steps are.
Dr. Fisher listened closely to our fertility story and provided great explanations of the steps to evaluate infertility causes as well as treatment options of IUI and IVF catered to my situation. We never felt rushed and he answered our questions thoroughly. He is knowledgeable and their in house lab also has great success rates.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Each RE has their own nurse. It is easy to communicate questions through their online portal by sending messages which are promptly answered.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The clinic is well run. Hours open are from 8 am to 3 pm and closed from noon to 1 pm. Weekend hours are from 7:30 to 9:30 at the downtown office. Ultrasounds are only scheduled for Monday through Fridays. Hey try to accommodate your work schedule.
Precycle services range from $2500 to $6000. Medications cost $5000 to $8000. IVF with own egg costs $15400 and PGS testing costs $4800. Anesthesia for implantation costs $600. Acupuncture on-site is $280. Early pregnancy monitoring costs $1300+.
The clinic only offers eSET and most patients in this clinic pursue PGS testing which adds another $4800.

Anovulation, Male Factor
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Fisher was great at communicating from our initial consultation, to explanations of procedures and future treatment options. He explained the science (which was important to me) and the practical steps (which were important to my husband) without hesitation. He always answered our questions and made sure that we left every appointment feeling like we knew what to expect moving forward. I was especially impressed with Dr. Fisher's compassion toward both of us. He would personally call with test results and check in on us when things didn't go exactly as planned. He is kind and genuine in his approach. I think that his personal experience with infertility makes him especially understanding of what his patients go through.
Don't hesitate to ask questions, and don't be afraid to express your thoughts/concerns. You will feel better having all of your questions answered!
Dr. Fisher was very compassionate with his care, he shared his personal experiences with infertility and helped my husband and I feel comfortable and confident with treatments. We didn't feel like we got the "standard" treatment, but that our protocol was tailored to our needs and desires as patients. For example, it was initially recommended that we have a freeze-all cycle, but it was very important to me that we were able to do a fresh transfer. Dr. Fisher made sure to monitor me closely throughout the stimulation process so that we could safely move forward with a fresh transfer. I appreciated the fact that I was being heard, and that we were able to make decisions about our care. Dr. Fisher and his team answered all of our questions every step of the way, and we are so thankful to have worked with him.
We started treatment with medicated cycles and IUI, after 3 unsuccessful attempts we asked to move on to IVF. We moved forward with IVF + ICSI and a fresh embryo transfer. The first transfer, unfortunately, resulted in miscarriage. We are currently pregnant with our miracle baby from our second transfer.
Heidi was amazing to work with! She was always quick to respond to portal messages and return calls. I appreciated how thorough she was and felt like I was always in good hands working with her. Heidi simplified the IVF process so much for me. She highlighted my calendar with important things and coordinated all of my medications with the pharmacy directly.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Beautiful clinics- I went to both the Westside and Downtown offices for treatment. Everyone I worked with was incredibly helpful, kind and patient. I was able to get in for a consultation within a couple weeks of calling for a new patient appointment.
The costs differed depending on the treatment. The clinic bills for the IVF cycle which covers ultrasounds, egg retrieval and embryology. There is an additional cost for anesthesia during the egg retrieval, and medications are purchased directly from the pharmacy.
My experience was that Dr. Fisher tends to be conservative and in our situation pushed toward single embryo transfer. Safety of both mother and baby are extremely important to him, and I respect him for urging us to only transfer one embryo. That being said, had we chosen to transfer 2 embryos I know that he would have supported us in that decision.
Portland Westside

Dr. Fisher is great. He explains things so we can understand them and talks to us about risks vs rewards. He seems to really understand what we’re going through and seems to provide his honest opinion on best steps to take moving forward.... Dr. Fisher is very smart and is good at explaining but don’t hesitate to ask questions or have him explain something in a different way. He likes to draw pictures to help show what he’s talking about
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
Be open about feelings, questions, concerns etc. Dr. Fisher is very smart and is good at explaining but don’t hesitate to ask questions or have him explain something in a different way. He likes to draw pictures to help show what he’s talking about
He talked to me and my husband about our experience so far, what our hopes and goals were as well as what our fears and uncertainty are. He also shared his personal experience with infertility.
So far, we have done 4 rounds of IUI with Clomid. I developed cysts on the first two rounds and we switched medicine (I can’t remeber the name of he second medicine) and I didn not develop cysts again. When none of those cycles were effective he told us that the chances of another one working are very low. Because of our age and health he suggested taking a few months to try naturally again before considering IVF which we agreed with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility.
Each nurse interacted with was kind, patient and a good communicator. They did not make me feel rushed or insecure in any way and made a very uncomfortable situation feel normal.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
So far, I have not found any weaknesses with the clinic. They always get me in right away when I need an ultrasound (even on the weekends) and are always respectful and professional. I had an iui scheduled around Christmas time and was told that even if my period started Christmas morning to call them and they would get me in. I love the flexibility and support they provide.
I do not remember exactly but my iui was around $500 per treatment after insurance
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)

Dr. Fisher explains things really well. He is relatable, he shares experiences that him and his wife dealt with.... I did 2 rounds of clomid combined with IUI. I did 1 round to femera with an IUI. Then I did a "good responder" protocol with IVF egg retrieval including menopur, follistim, and Gonal-F... He has a great best side manner, he is humorous. His office makes sure I feel prepared and know the next steps. He is patient with questions.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
I felt the experience could not be any better. We are still waiting to move forward with a frozen embryo transfer. But when I hear stories from other clinics and doctors, I am quite pleased with my experience with Dr. Fisher. He has a great best side manner, he is humorous. His office makes sure I feel prepared and know the next steps. He is patient with questions.
Just be open and listen, he will try to guide you. He will work with you to get the best plan for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility.
The staff was caring and compassionate. They all have been so kind. I enjoy each of them. I am a difficult blood draw, and they took extra time to make it as easy as it could be.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
I love being on the west side clinic because it is way smaller then the downtown clinic. It is quieter. And by sheer volume, it more personal. You do need to go downtown for injection class, IVF retrieval, and on weekends if you need an ultrasound, but we love not having to go downtown every time.
Our IVF with PGS testing was roughly $20,000. That did not include the medications which were about $4,500
Dr. Fisher will definitely promote only single egg transfer, he was supportive to making a decision with me, but laid out thoughtfully why he felt it was best to move in that direction.
Portland Westside

Our experience as a patient has been good. Dr Fisher is nice and always has a smile on his face when he sees us. He makes light conversation during appts which is nice and can ease the tension. I sometimes wish he would just talk about fertility stuff with us instead of what we did on the weekend, but over all he is very warm and makes being a patient of his easy. ...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
Ask more questions and know what comes after each treatment.
Dr. Fisher is really personable and kind. He made us feel welcomed and heard during our initial consultations. He has a light humor about him that makes him come off as being warm. I only wish that during our actual IUI procedure day he would have talked to us more, rather than just in and out in a matter of minutes.
We’ve done 5 IUIs, all resulted in negative pregnancy tests. The first 4 rounds were with a double dose of Clomid, the 5th round it was bumped up to a triple dose. First four rounds I used a trigger shot to ovulate. The 5th round I ovulated on my own.
They were all fabulous. Super nice, accommodating, and sensitive.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
This clinic is excellent at organization and scheduling. They are on top of everything. My only suggestion is more clarity with the billing department and insurance support. We missed having 3 rounds covered by insurance because they didn’t follow through in time.
For 5 rounds of iui with some partially covered by insurance, we have spent around $4,000.
Portland Westside

He [Dr. Thomas Fisher] was only my doctor for part of the process as he left the practice but he was always very informative about what was happening and what I needed to do to prepare myself. He never made me feel like a number and always spoke to my husband and I openly about the process.... He was very kind, never rushed through the appointment and always made sure I knew what to expext
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
He was only my doctor for part of the process as he left the practice but he was always very informative about what was happening and what I needed to do to prepare myself. He never made me feel like a number and always spoke to my husband and I openly about the process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Fisher at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Go in open minded and ask a lot of questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Fisher at Seattle Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Thomas Fisher used in your cycles at Seattle Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was on clomid for three cycles but had to switch to letrozol because of the side affects. Which he was okay with.
The staff there is out of this world! They are all so sweet and very organized. They also never rushed And genuinely happy to see their patients!
Describe your experience with Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
They communicate very well but i did notice a shift when staff would change over. Front desk seemed a little flustered. When Dr. Fisher left it felt like some of the morale went down or that people were all over the place. However it was temporary and seemed to go back to normal shortly after.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Fisher at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.
Testing and some medications were covered under insurance. We paid for injections but don’t remember the cost. Each round of iui was $200
Seattle Reproductive Medicine
Spokane Valley

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Thomas Fisher at Seattle Reproductive Medicine.

Dr. Fisher's strength is his ability to communicate all the benefits and risks of each procedure. I felt he was conservative in his approach and didn't push us to move to the next step if we weren't comfortable with it. He listened to what ideas we had and if he didn't agree, he explained why. Overall, he was very open to letting us guide the course of treatment that felt right to us with his supervision.... Dr. Fisher was excellent in taking his time with us at every visit to explain our options. We didn't feel like we had to go by a certain "algorithm" and our care was directed at our specific needs.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
We were seen frequently at clinic during the time of our treatment. The nurses did were personable and did a good job remembering us.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
The clinic was well-organized. They were prompt on their phone calls to discuss lab results, etc. We felt that they were able to make adjustments to get us in to see our doctor if the schedules would allow. Overall, I was pleased.
Portland Westside
I do know my protocol was altered [by Dr. Thomas Fisher] during the course of the treatment after he carefully reviewed the previous failed cycles completed by other physicians. His approach gave us the positive results no one else was able to achieve...He provided amazing care. I had seen previous physicians for IVF cycles where I was absolutely treated as a number, and he did not do that. He treated me as a human, altered the approach, didn't rush things, and we in result have two healthy babies!
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
Absolutely hands down recommendation. Infertility can be such a trying time, and Dr. Fisher was amazing in his care, his approach, his compassion, all things honestly. Will absolutely recommend him to anyone facing infertility.
Communicate your concerns so he can provide the best care possible and know you are in great hands!
I do know my protocol was altered during the course of the treatment after he carefully reviewed the previous failed cycles completed by other physicians. His approach gave us the positive results no one else was able to achieve.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Good clinic, great physician care. Hands down better than other clinics I had gone to for similar treatment. I chose to travel further for this care and it was absolutely worth the extra time and effort.
My insurance covered majority but process was easy and smooth on my portion
Portland Westside

He [Dr. Thomas Fisher] was friendly but not overly so. I could have used more information on the what & the why of what we were doing. I trusted he knew what he was doing but it would have been nice to get some more advice on lifestyle or more extensive testing options...Do your own research first!...Iui with clomid each time...He was kind & thorough when explaining information, he also tried to remember details of my life at each appointment
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
He was friendly but not overly so. I could have used more information on the what & the why of what we were doing. I trusted he knew what he was doing but it would have been nice to get some more advice on lifestyle or more extensive testing options
Do your own research first!
Iui with clomid each time
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: I sure )
Very kind & warm
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Beautiful office in a good location. Always clean & quiet & felt discreet. Billing was always a bit of an issue but we always worked it out. I definitely had to review every bill carefully for extra charges
$1200 per iui cycle
No knowledge of this
What specific things went wrong at ORM Fertility?