ORM Fertility

Doctor available by direct line
Medical SchoolKansas City U.
ResidencyOregon Health & Science
FellowshipAlbert Einstein
9555 SW Barnes Road
Portland, OR 97225
503.274.4994
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Thomas Fisher to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend ORM Fertility to a friend?
Anovulation, Male Factor
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Fisher was great at communicating from our initial consultation, to explanations of procedures and future treatment options. He explained the science (which was important to me) and the practical steps (which were important to my husband) without hesitation. He always answered our questions and made sure that we left every appointment feeling like we knew what to expect moving forward. I was especially impressed with Dr. Fisher's compassion toward both of us. He would personally call with test results and check in on us when things didn't go exactly as planned. He is kind and genuine in his approach. I think that his personal experience with infertility makes him especially understanding of what his patients go through.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
Don't hesitate to ask questions, and don't be afraid to express your thoughts/concerns. You will feel better having all of your questions answered!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
Dr. Fisher was very compassionate with his care, he shared his personal experiences with infertility and helped my husband and I feel comfortable and confident with treatments. We didn't feel like we got the "standard" treatment, but that our protocol was tailored to our needs and desires as patients. For example, it was initially recommended that we have a freeze-all cycle, but it was very important to me that we were able to do a fresh transfer. Dr. Fisher made sure to monitor me closely throughout the stimulation process so that we could safely move forward with a fresh transfer. I appreciated the fact that I was being heard, and that we were able to make decisions about our care. Dr. Fisher and his team answered all of our questions every step of the way, and we are so thankful to have worked with him.
Describe the protocols Thomas Fisher used in your cycles at ORM Fertility and their degree of success.
We started treatment with medicated cycles and IUI, after 3 unsuccessful attempts we asked to move on to IVF. We moved forward with IVF + ICSI and a fresh embryo transfer. The first transfer, unfortunately, resulted in miscarriage. We are currently pregnant with our miracle baby from our second transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
Heidi was amazing to work with! She was always quick to respond to portal messages and return calls. I appreciated how thorough she was and felt like I was always in good hands working with her. Heidi simplified the IVF process so much for me. She highlighted my calendar with important things and coordinated all of my medications with the pharmacy directly.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
Beautiful clinics- I went to both the Westside and Downtown offices for treatment. Everyone I worked with was incredibly helpful, kind and patient. I was able to get in for a consultation within a couple weeks of calling for a new patient appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility.
The costs differed depending on the treatment. The clinic bills for the IVF cycle which covers ultrasounds, egg retrieval and embryology. There is an additional cost for anesthesia during the egg retrieval, and medications are purchased directly from the pharmacy.
Describe Thomas Fisher's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ORM Fertility.
My experience was that Dr. Fisher tends to be conservative and in our situation pushed toward single embryo transfer. Safety of both mother and baby are extremely important to him, and I respect him for urging us to only transfer one embryo. That being said, had we chosen to transfer 2 embryos I know that he would have supported us in that decision.
Portland Westside

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility.

Dr. Fisher is great. He explains things so we can understand them and talks to us about risks vs rewards. He seems to really understand what we’re going through and seems to provide his honest opinion on best steps to take moving forward.... Dr. Fisher is very smart and is good at explaining but don’t hesitate to ask questions or have him explain something in a different way. He likes to draw pictures to help show what he’s talking about
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
Be open about feelings, questions, concerns etc. Dr. Fisher is very smart and is good at explaining but don’t hesitate to ask questions or have him explain something in a different way. He likes to draw pictures to help show what he’s talking about
He talked to me and my husband about our experience so far, what our hopes and goals were as well as what our fears and uncertainty are. He also shared his personal experience with infertility.
So far, we have done 4 rounds of IUI with Clomid. I developed cysts on the first two rounds and we switched medicine (I can’t remeber the name of he second medicine) and I didn not develop cysts again. When none of those cycles were effective he told us that the chances of another one working are very low. Because of our age and health he suggested taking a few months to try naturally again before considering IVF which we agreed with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility.
Each nurse interacted with was kind, patient and a good communicator. They did not make me feel rushed or insecure in any way and made a very uncomfortable situation feel normal.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
So far, I have not found any weaknesses with the clinic. They always get me in right away when I need an ultrasound (even on the weekends) and are always respectful and professional. I had an iui scheduled around Christmas time and was told that even if my period started Christmas morning to call them and they would get me in. I love the flexibility and support they provide.
I do not remember exactly but my iui was around $500 per treatment after insurance
Portland Lovejoy (Closed)

Dr. Fisher explains things really well. He is relatable, he shares experiences that him and his wife dealt with.... I did 2 rounds of clomid combined with IUI. I did 1 round to femera with an IUI. Then I did a "good responder" protocol with IVF egg retrieval including menopur, follistim, and Gonal-F... He has a great best side manner, he is humorous. His office makes sure I feel prepared and know the next steps. He is patient with questions.
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
I felt the experience could not be any better. We are still waiting to move forward with a frozen embryo transfer. But when I hear stories from other clinics and doctors, I am quite pleased with my experience with Dr. Fisher. He has a great best side manner, he is humorous. His office makes sure I feel prepared and know the next steps. He is patient with questions.
Just be open and listen, he will try to guide you. He will work with you to get the best plan for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ORM Fertility.
The staff was caring and compassionate. They all have been so kind. I enjoy each of them. I am a difficult blood draw, and they took extra time to make it as easy as it could be.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
I love being on the west side clinic because it is way smaller then the downtown clinic. It is quieter. And by sheer volume, it more personal. You do need to go downtown for injection class, IVF retrieval, and on weekends if you need an ultrasound, but we love not having to go downtown every time.
Our IVF with PGS testing was roughly $20,000. That did not include the medications which were about $4,500
Dr. Fisher will definitely promote only single egg transfer, he was supportive to making a decision with me, but laid out thoughtfully why he felt it was best to move in that direction.
Portland Westside

Our experience as a patient has been good. Dr Fisher is nice and always has a smile on his face when he sees us. He makes light conversation during appts which is nice and can ease the tension. I sometimes wish he would just talk about fertility stuff with us instead of what we did on the weekend, but over all he is very warm and makes being a patient of his easy. ...
How was your experience with Thomas Fisher at ORM Fertility?
Ask more questions and know what comes after each treatment.
Dr. Fisher is really personable and kind. He made us feel welcomed and heard during our initial consultations. He has a light humor about him that makes him come off as being warm. I only wish that during our actual IUI procedure day he would have talked to us more, rather than just in and out in a matter of minutes.
We’ve done 5 IUIs, all resulted in negative pregnancy tests. The first 4 rounds were with a double dose of Clomid, the 5th round it was bumped up to a triple dose. First four rounds I used a trigger shot to ovulate. The 5th round I ovulated on my own.
They were all fabulous. Super nice, accommodating, and sensitive.
Describe your experience with ORM Fertility.
This clinic is excellent at organization and scheduling. They are on top of everything. My only suggestion is more clarity with the billing department and insurance support. We missed having 3 rounds covered by insurance because they didn’t follow through in time.
For 5 rounds of iui with some partially covered by insurance, we have spent around $4,000.