Kaiser Permanente NorCal

Doctor available by emailNurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Miami
ResidencySt. Joseph's
7300 N Fresno Street
Fresno, CA 93720
559-448-4555
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Thomas Kulterman to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kaiser Permanente NorCal to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr Thomas Kulterman] was always very conscious of the fact that I did not have coverage for fertility treatments. He would go out of his way to keep costs down as much as possible.He was very open with me about the medical issues standing in my way, as well as what needed to be done. He performed my laparascopy and diagnosed me with Stage 3 Endo. Because of my low ovarian reserve and egg quality he suggested only doing 3 IUI's before moving onto IVF (which his clinic does not offer), and was great with referring me to an IVF clinic when those 3 did not take.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Thomas Kulterman at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Kulterman at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
He has your best interest at heart, please take his advice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Kulterman at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
He was always very conscious of the fact that I did not have coverage for fertility treatments. He would go out of his way to keep costs down as much as possible.
Describe the protocols Thomas Kulterman used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente NorCal and their degree of success.
I had 4 attempted IUI cycles with him, all 4 I was on Letrozole only - no ijnectibles due to cost/coverage. The first was cancelled due to my lining being too thin, but the other three were completed. After the first cycle he upped my Letrozole dose. For each cycle I only had 2-3 follicles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente NorCal. (Assigned nurse: Carly)
Carly always knew what information to tell me and was great on getting me into their tight schedule.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
They are very knowledgeable and get to know their patients very well. They do not offer IVF, so IUI is about as far as you can go.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Kulterman at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
About $800 per IUI cycle.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
he [Dr. Thomas Kulterman] was straight to the point. He was very quiet but explained everything very good. He knew what he was doing. He liked to review the information before telling you the results or outcomes...Don’t get discouraged by his nuetral affect. He’s good at what he does...The cycle that I got pregnant. We did Letrozole for 4 days, then menopur, trigger shot, then IUI. Then I took progesterone tabs vaginally starting on 7th day.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Thomas Kulterman at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
He has since retired. But he was straight to the point. He was very quiet but explained everything very good. He knew what he was doing. He liked to review the information before telling you the results or outcomes.
Don’t get discouraged by his nuetral affect. He’s good at what he does.
We tried Clomid for a 3 cycles. Nothing happened. Then we changed to Letrozole. Then letrozole wirh IUI’s. Nothing happens. The cycle that I got pregnant. We did Letrozole for 4 days, then menopur, trigger shot, then IUI. Then I took progesterone tabs vaginally starting on 7th day.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
I had a great experience and I got my bundle of joy. I would recommend them and hope they provide other families with their a child. I had no problems with scheduling or anything. They were always able to accommodate me.
My insurance paid for 50% of all test and procedure.