Medical SchoolWashington U of St. Louis
FellowshipWashington U of St. Louis
2401 S 31st St
Temple, TX 76508
254-724-2150
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Thomas Wincek to a friend?

9.9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Baylor Scott & White to a friend?
Dr. Wincek is amazing. He cares about what is happening to me. When I get bad news, he seems just as upset as I do. Which lets me know he genuinely cares. And when I stress out about what’s to come, he finds a way to talk to me and make me feel like everything is going to be ok.... Dr. Wincek is just as invested in my journey as I am. I can send messages at any time and get a response. I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else.
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
Be prepared to meet a kind soul. And have your questions ready! He will take as much time needed to answer anything you have for him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
Describe the protocols Thomas Wincek used in your cycles at Baylor Scott & White and their degree of success.
Round 1- Femara and Clomid 50mg. I only had 2 follicles. Did a trigger shot and we had sex. Did not work. I didn’t feel many side effects except night sweats on meds. Round 2 - Femara and Clomid 100mg. 5 follicles, trigger shot and then IUI #1. On meds, more night sweats, and a rollercoaster of emotions. Round 3- Femara and Clomid 100mg. 4 follicles. Trigger shot and IUI #2. Lots of crying with meds and headaches. Waiting for results. 9 more days. If no go, we will be doing IVF.
They are very sweet and kind. I most commonly communicate with one named Kim. I do not know her last name, but she seems very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Baylor Scott & White.
The clinics strengths are they are very nice, routinely on time and will answer any questions I have. The only weakness I see... the waiting room is the same waiting area for all pregnant women and newborns. On particularly bad days, it seems like a sick joke. That is what I want so terribly bad.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White.
Every visit is $500. Each IUI is $700. Trigger shot is $150. Next rounds IVF with no anesthesia, will be $3900, not including medications. Insurance covers nothing. No payments. All is due the day before appointment.
Describe Thomas Wincek's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Baylor Scott & White.
We are doing this next round.
Temple

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White.

How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
From ththe first time we met with Dr. Wincek we knew he was a perfect fit for us. We told him from the beginning of our treatment what we expected and what not. After our first round of meds we conceived but it resulted in a miscarriage. When we went in to the appointment to diagnose as miscarriage he was so sweet and gentle but didn’t sugar coat our questions which from the beginning we told him not to sugar coat stuff for us. A year after our first appointment we had a failed mini ivf cycl and I think he was more disappointed than anyon that it was a failed cycle. All in all we love D. Wincek and trust him 100% and reccomend him to all of our friends!
Let Dr. Wincek do his thing and set back and relax as much as possible.
He treats us like he would treat his family. He is always there for you it doesn’t matter if it’s for the emotional struggles of infertility or medical.
January 2017 HSG showed open tubes. March 2017 100mg clomid,7.5 femara and orvidril. Positive pregnancy test miscarriage at 6 weeks. June 2017 started clomid,femara and orvidril again 4 follicles. Repeated the same protocol till Dec 2017 with no result. Jan 2018 started Mini ICSI Cycle 3 20+ follicles on cd 12 triggered cr 12 retrieval cd 14 only one egg out of 3 follicles and it never progressed past day 2. Waiting for April period to start another Mini cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Baylor Scott & White. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly )
She is amazing and goes above and beyond for all of Dr.Winceks patients.
Describe your experience with Baylor Scott & White.
The clinic is and amazing fit for us and I wouldn’t change anything. The ease for making appointments is great, the entire staff from when you walk off the elevator to when you leave is so friendly and caring. I wouldn’t change anything.
Insurance covered most of the testing and ultrasound well anything not coded fertility treatment. We paid 3500 for the mini Icsi cycle then the medicated with timed intercourse cycles we paid out of pocket for the medicine which was about 200 a month.
Dr. Wincek plans to transfer 2 embryos if I have 2 make it to day 5 blast on our next cycle.
Temple

Dr Wincek is very knowledgeable and supremely kind. He was the first Dr I’ve seen for infertility and I was very new to the whole process. He took his time with me and made me feel like o was his only patient. I could tell that he would do everything possible to help my husband and I. He made even the most uncomfortable texting better because of his bedside manner. He was very caring about our course of treatment and very matter of fact. I think it’s importsnt as a new fertility patient to feel peace. I felt that at every visit.
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
The advice I would give is to listen to his advice and ask as many questions as you want. He will answer all of them and will take as much time as you need.
He was so caring, right from the get go. I felt like I was talking to a friend. He remembered everything we talked about every single visit and he walked me through each step and explained them, making sure I understood.
We did all of my female testing and the results came back very positive. We tested my husband and found out about the male factor. He prescribed clomid. We discussed that IVF May be our best option in our case. We ended up getting out of the military and moving away so unfortunately, we didn’t continue further with him, but we would have if we could have stayed there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Baylor Scott & White.
All of Dr Wincheks staff was incredible. They always remembered me. They were funny, kind and made me feel at home.
Describe your experience with Baylor Scott & White.
This clinic was amazing! I honestly never had a bad moment there. I felt that I was in the best care possible at all times. It was always clean, organized and I never had to wait. They were busy, but I never felt like I was being rushed or that I was just a number. I’m so appreciative of the experience.
My husband and I were totally covered by TriCare

2012 - 2019
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr wincek is a very caring doctor. He always makes sure you understand and is always trying his best to help us build a family! ... When it was time for us to go from iui to ivf he let us know right away instead of us wasting our money on an iui that he knew wasn’t a good chance of working. He always worked with me to help me try to figure out meds that would work but still not be as expensive.
2012 - 2019
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
I’ve had many people recommend us to dr wincek. They all told me he is a very knowledgeable doctor and it’s very true. He knows what he’s doing! When it was time for us to go from iui to ivf he let us know right away instead of us wasting our money on an iui that he knew wasn’t a good chance of working. He always worked with me to help me try to figure out meds that would work but still not be as expensive. He understands it’s not cheap and doesn’t treat us as a number. He always showed good bedside manners and is a very honest dr and that’s what you need when it comes down to trying to build a family. I’ve never once had a bad experience with him.
have faith in him. He knows what he’s doing
We did clomid femera and follistim for mini ivf. I ended up having to do a shot of cetrotide because I had an egg much bigger than the others that he didn’t want me to ovulate yet.
Very friendly and quick to respond on mychart
Describe your experience with Baylor Scott & White.
Overall they are a very amazing doctors office. Anytime you have a question the nursing staff was very quick to respond to the mychart messages and if they couldn’t answer something they forward it to the dr. Making an appt was always easy and always could get an appt when needed.
Expensive but one of the cheapest in Texas

PCOS, Unexplained
my experience [with Dr. Thomas Wincek] has been good although it hasn't resulted in pregnancy yet. He has a great bedside manner and always is encouraging, he answers my questions, tells me what to expect next and is very quick to message back when i use the online portal...we started with Femara, it didn't work for me, we then added clomid, it took a few cycles to find what dosage my body responded to. we upped the dose as needed and would use a trigger shot to ovulate if i had any eggs, the next step since we've done this for 6 months would be the daily hormone injections
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
my experience has been good although it hasn't resulted in pregnancy yet. He has a great bedside manner and always is encouraging, he answers my questions, tells me what to expect next and is very quick to message back when i use the online portal
none he's been great but ask lots of questions, this is a complex process
he has a great bedside manner i don't feel like just another patient
Describe your experience with your nurse at Baylor Scott & White. (Assigned nurse: Jessica I think is her name, red hair very nice and welcoming )
nurses are always very nice, jessica i think is her name is who my favorite is, i havent seen her in a few visits but shes so good with making me comfortable and doing small talk
Describe your experience with Baylor Scott & White.
great clinic would highly recommend. This is a complex process so they've been really good about keeping me up to date on what's going on and if it doesn't work then developing a plan of action moving forward
we have tricare insurance, i think its a $30 co pay each visit they bill us for after the fact, the shots if i get them myself are $27 once a month if we have an egg and the fertility rounds with the meds i can normally get them both for under $10
Temple

I only wish that [Dr. Thomas Wincek] would have listen to what I wanted...We were undergoing a Mini IVF cycle. I had requested to start on injectable after the first ultrasound showed my follicles weren’t growing fast, he declined and said to continue on my oral meds. After 2 more ultrasounds he finally said to do injectables, but it was too late. We had to cancel the cycle completely due to poor response. I felt like it could have been avoided if we started on injecatbles sooner.
Be assertative!
He was caring and compassionate, however we always had to wait much longer than our appointment time to actually be seen.
I stunned with clomid and genera From cd 3-7. On CD14 he started me on gonal F to see if we could get the 7 follicles to grow any bigger than the 12mm they were at. On cd16 the cycle was cancelled due to no growth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Baylor Scott & White. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
She responded fast to me any time I sent a message. She also took time to show me the injections once we got them.
Describe your experience with Baylor Scott & White.
The clinic was great. Fast appointment times and welcoming attitudes from all. I would recommend the clinic to anyone. The prices are affordable as well. For my case, I only wish that the doctor would have listen to what I wanted. I feel like I would be saying good bye to infertility and would have had a successful cycle.
3500 for the mini IVF. Plus 1000 for injections. We only got to the ultrasounds, which we were charged for. All in all we paid 3500 and didn’t even get to the retrieval.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Wincek has always taken his time with me at every appointment and never made me feel rushed on hurried. My current IVF cycle was tailored to my needs and according to my cycle and not clustered together with other IVF cycles.... Multiple rounds of clomid - 2 miscarriages 1 round of femara - unsuccessful Spontaneous conception- miscarriage IVF started to facilitate PGS/PGD
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
Dr. Wincek is an excellent doctor. He’s answered every question I’ve had and has been compassionate and empathetic through our journey and our losses. He candidly tells us his opinions but also lets me lead my own care. I would definitely recommend him.
Be proactive in your own care! He will do everything he can to help you but come to your appointments with your questions prepared so he can answer them for you!
I mostly interact with Dr. Wincek in the office. I email back and forth with his nurse, Kimberly. She is always prompt with returning messages.
Describe your experience with Baylor Scott & White.
No complaints with the clinic. Scheduling is easy and appointment reminders are sent via app, phone, and text. Test results are also reviewable via app which is very convienent.
All treatments except IVF was covered by insurance. IVF cost is about $10,000 total.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation
Sometimes I felt as though he [Dr. Thomas Wincek] was too busy to really remember anything about me or my treatment and I'd have to remind him about a lot...He is very sweet and you can tell he not only loves what he does, but he truly cares about his patients. Sometimes you can definitely tell when he's having an "off day" but I genuinely think it's because he takes every success AND failure to heart...he tends to be quick about his appointments.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
Make sure you write out any questions you might have for him and be direct about asking because he tends to be quick about his appointments.
Sometimes I felt as though he was too busy to really remember anything about me or my treatment and I'd have to remind him about a lot.
The nurses have always been very friendly. Kimberly, the nurse I message with regularly is such a wonderful person. She's very easy to talk to and sympathetic to all the downfalls and failures. If she doesn't know the answer then she'll find it out for you
Describe your experience with Baylor Scott & White.
It's a fairly standard OB/GYN office. Sometimes they run behind and your wait is longer but they try to get you in as soon as they can and are sincerely apologetic. Everyone is always very friendly and welcoming.
What specific things went wrong at Baylor Scott & White?
Temple

I did mini ivf [with Dr. Wincek], so not a lot of medicine. Clomid and femara combined with a trigger shot before retrieval! Since it was mini, not a lot of eggs produced but great quality. We got a call everyday after Retrieval to let us know where our embryos stood. On day 5 transferred 2 and froze 2...He cares about you as a person and takes into account feelings...He is caring and straightforward. He always answers messages and calls. I never had one bad experience with him.
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
Dr wincek has treated a number of people I know and all have resulted in pregnancy. He is caring and straightforward. He always answers messages and calls. I never had one bad experience with him. He has a great team with him.
Just let him Know what you are wanting and he will listen
He cares about you as a person and takes into account feelings
I did mini ivf, so not a lot of medicine. Clomid and femara combined with a trigger shot before retrieval! Since it was mini, not a lot of eggs produced but great quality. We got a call everyday after Retrieval to let us know where our embryos stood. On day 5 transferred 2 and froze 2.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Baylor Scott & White. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Kimberly )
Excellent nursing team, very compassionate and they are there for you.
Describe your experience with Baylor Scott & White.
It’s a small team of fertility doctors in this clinic but they strive to help you achieve your hopes and wishes. Even though it is a small clinic, you are able to get in when you need to. Communication is great.
$3500
They transfer one or 2, they let you decide

2010 - 2015
He was always in a rush, we tried 8 clomid cycles, each time failed we’d up the dose. Did a total of 8 timed cycles then moved on to 3 IUI’s. Wasn’t until then Dr.Wincek realized my husband had very low sperm count. The clomid cycles wouldn’t have worked for any of our treatments. Recommended a IVF with ICSI. Money down the drain!... Get your spouses sperm checked, Dr. Wincek should had advised us of this. Too many years wasted and money gone.
2010 - 2015
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
Not much compassion always in a rush
Bravelle, clomid hcg trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at Baylor Scott & White. (Assigned nurse: No)
Just there to do their job
Describe your experience with Baylor Scott & White.
Was in a hospital, so definitely not the spa like atmosphere. Was just like a hospital check up, at least it didn’t spell like the lunchroom like we experienced at CARE in Bedford. Surgeries are performed in surgery center.
3,000 per IUI so, 9,000 for us
What specific things went wrong at Baylor Scott & White?

2017 - 2019
I don't feel like listened to me. Heard what i had to say....I feel like he [Dr. Wincek] is too busy. You don't really talk to him outside of your visits. And when you are in your visits you are in and out. This is what we are doing and he leaves. I dont think he actually listens to what i want....They [Scott and White] send you messages via Mychart and can't be bothered to actually call you in person.
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
I feel like he is too busy. You don't really talk to him outside of your visits. And when you are in your visits you are in and out. This is what we are doing and he leaves. I dont think he actually listens to what i want.
Be knowledgeable about this process before coming to see him
I don't feel like listened to me. Heard what i had to say.
Describe your experience with Baylor Scott & White.
You are just a number to this hospital. They send you messages via Mychart and can't be bothered to actually call you in person. Once in office, they are very nice. Nursing staff are awesome....................................
Temple

He [Dr. Wincek] was thorough with his explanations....He’s very warm and remembers you. He talks to you and not at you....The retrieval is not under anesthesia. I was nervous but the mix of meds, I didn’t feel a thing!... [Eset Approach] Transfers 2 normally. They do offer PGS but we declined... I felt safe and trust them completely with my IVF treatments. We are leaving the area due to a PCS move and are willing to travel back and forth from Kansas to stay under his care
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Baylor Scott & White?
His team was very informative and always answered any questions I had in a timely manner. He was thorough with his explanations. I felt safe and trust them completely with my IVF treatments. We are leaving the area due to a PCS move and are willing to travel back and forth from Kansas to stay under his care
Have your questions prepared for your consult. He will gladly answer all of them there!
He’s very warm and remembers you. He talks to you and not at you.
Birth control, Lupron, gonal f, progesterone and HCG trigger shots
Kim is fabulous!!! She will always answer your questions/emails right away
Describe your experience with Baylor Scott & White.
The retrieval is not under anesthesia. I was nervous but the mix of meds, I didn’t feel a thing! My first IVF was under anesthesia so it made me nervous but it was great! They were quick to schedule me and get me started
3900 mini IVF cycle and 1000 meds