Medical SchoolWashington U of St. Louis
FellowshipWashington U of St. Louis
2401 S. 31st St.
Temple, TX 76508
254-724-2150
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Thomas Wincek to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Scott & White to a friend?
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Scott & White?
From ththe first time we met with Dr. Wincek we knew he was a perfect fit for us. We told him from the beginning of our treatment what we expected and what not. After our first round of meds we conceived but it resulted in a miscarriage. When we went in to the appointment to diagnose as miscarriage he was so sweet and gentle but didn’t sugar coat our questions which from the beginning we told him not to sugar coat stuff for us. A year after our first appointment we had a failed mini ivf cycl and I think he was more disappointed than anyon that it was a failed cycle. All in all we love D. Wincek and trust him 100% and reccomend him to all of our friends!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Wincek at Scott & White?
Let Dr. Wincek do his thing and set back and relax as much as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Wincek at Scott & White?
He treats us like he would treat his family. He is always there for you it doesn’t matter if it’s for the emotional struggles of infertility or medical.
Describe the protocols Thomas Wincek used in your cycles at Scott & White and their degree of success.
January 2017 HSG showed open tubes. March 2017 100mg clomid,7.5 femara and orvidril. Positive pregnancy test miscarriage at 6 weeks. June 2017 started clomid,femara and orvidril again 4 follicles. Repeated the same protocol till Dec 2017 with no result. Jan 2018 started Mini ICSI Cycle 3 20+ follicles on cd 12 triggered cr 12 retrieval cd 14 only one egg out of 3 follicles and it never progressed past day 2. Waiting for April period to start another Mini cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Scott & White. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly )
She is amazing and goes above and beyond for all of Dr.Winceks patients.
Describe your experience with Scott & White.
The clinic is and amazing fit for us and I wouldn’t change anything. The ease for making appointments is great, the entire staff from when you walk off the elevator to when you leave is so friendly and caring. I wouldn’t change anything.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Wincek at Scott & White.
Insurance covered most of the testing and ultrasound well anything not coded fertility treatment. We paid 3500 for the mini Icsi cycle then the medicated with timed intercourse cycles we paid out of pocket for the medicine which was about 200 a month.
Describe Thomas Wincek's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Scott & White.
Dr. Wincek plans to transfer 2 embryos if I have 2 make it to day 5 blast on our next cycle.
2012 - 2018
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
He [Dr. Wincek] is a very caring doctor and is willing to go out of his way to figure everything! I wanted to give up hope but he made my change the way I thought about it.... with both female and male factor dr wincek thought iui would be best. At that time we did clomid femera and bravelle and it was a successful pregnancy. My son will be 5 in September. We have been trying since him and had failed iuis and that’s when he mentioned ivf / Mini IVF.
2012 - 2018
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Scott & White?
He is a very caring doctor and is willing to go out of his way to figure everything! I wanted to give up hope but he made my change the way I thought about it. He truely is a god sent! I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else!
Ask as many questions as you need and don’t think they are going to judge you. He is very understanding doctor!
We had tried for 2 1/2 years and was referred to see him and with both female and male factor dr wincek thought iui would be best. At that time we did clomid femera and bravelle and it was a successful pregnancy. My son will be 5 in September. We have been trying since him and had failed iuis and that’s when he mentioned ivf / Mini IVF. We did a mock round with clomid femera follistim and just tried at home since we didn’t have the money to pay for it but wanted to see how my body would respond. Then this time around same meds just did clomid a shorter time due to thin lining and follistim longer. And add progesterone shots as well bc of my lining.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Scott & White. (Assigned nurse: Kimberly)
Kimberly is a very caring and helpful nurse. Never once did I feel like I was asking too many questions on mychart. She always answered my questions quick!!
Describe your experience with Scott & White.
Dr winceks office is a very organized clinic. Very clean and welcoming as well. I’ve never had an issue in waiting for the doctor to come in to my room. He is very thorough! The check in desk is always very friendly as well.
I believe iuis were around $800-$1000 Mini IVF is $3,500. Ivf is 9,000. They are increasing prices very soon they said.
I didn’t know how many to do but I was thinking two just bc I know I have a lining issue plus scar tissue from surgeries due to my endometriosis. He honestly suggested two no more than that in my case. But everyone is different so just depends on your situation.
Temple
I only wish that [Dr. Thomas Wincek] would have listen to what I wanted...We were undergoing a Mini IVF cycle. I had requested to start on injectable after the first ultrasound showed my follicles weren’t growing fast, he declined and said to continue on my oral meds. After 2 more ultrasounds he finally said to do injectables, but it was too late. We had to cancel the cycle completely due to poor response. I felt like it could have been avoided if we started on injecatbles sooner.
Be assertative!
He was caring and compassionate, however we always had to wait much longer than our appointment time to actually be seen.
I stunned with clomid and genera From cd 3-7. On CD14 he started me on gonal F to see if we could get the 7 follicles to grow any bigger than the 12mm they were at. On cd16 the cycle was cancelled due to no growth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Scott & White. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
She responded fast to me any time I sent a message. She also took time to show me the injections once we got them.
Describe your experience with Scott & White.
The clinic was great. Fast appointment times and welcoming attitudes from all. I would recommend the clinic to anyone. The prices are affordable as well. For my case, I only wish that the doctor would have listen to what I wanted. I feel like I would be saying good bye to infertility and would have had a successful cycle.
3500 for the mini IVF. Plus 1000 for injections. We only got to the ultrasounds, which we were charged for. All in all we paid 3500 and didn’t even get to the retrieval.
Temple
I did mini ivf [with Dr. Wincek], so not a lot of medicine. Clomid and femara combined with a trigger shot before retrieval! Since it was mini, not a lot of eggs produced but great quality. We got a call everyday after Retrieval to let us know where our embryos stood. On day 5 transferred 2 and froze 2...He cares about you as a person and takes into account feelings...He is caring and straightforward. He always answers messages and calls. I never had one bad experience with him.
How was your experience with Thomas Wincek at Scott & White?
Dr wincek has treated a number of people I know and all have resulted in pregnancy. He is caring and straightforward. He always answers messages and calls. I never had one bad experience with him. He has a great team with him.
Just let him Know what you are wanting and he will listen
He cares about you as a person and takes into account feelings
I did mini ivf, so not a lot of medicine. Clomid and femara combined with a trigger shot before retrieval! Since it was mini, not a lot of eggs produced but great quality. We got a call everyday after Retrieval to let us know where our embryos stood. On day 5 transferred 2 and froze 2.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Scott & White. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Kimberly )
Excellent nursing team, very compassionate and they are there for you.
Describe your experience with Scott & White.
It’s a small team of fertility doctors in this clinic but they strive to help you achieve your hopes and wishes. Even though it is a small clinic, you are able to get in when you need to. Communication is great.
$3500