Strongly recommend: 100%9.6

430 Albee Square
Brooklyn, NY 11242
718-532-8700

2021 - 2022, Successful
Every question I had she [Dr. Jackson-Bey] answered openly and honestly. As a women of color, it was important to me and my partner to find a doctor whom had familiarity of health concerns that arrises for my demographic...I felt as though I was Dr. Jackson Bey only patient when I knew I wasn't. I would say to also be patient with how fast she responds back to your email. Other than that, in my experience I had a wonderful with Dr. Jackson-Bey...
Nicole [nurse at RMA of New York] was amazing. She answered all my questions regardless of how many times I asked her. I never had to wait long when I had appointments and I was still able to make it to work on time...Strengths: Well organized, clean, respectful staff and nurses. No long waits. Weakness: You may not always see your Dr. Not ever time I has an early morning appointment that I was able to see my doctor...
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
When I first met Dr. Jackson-Bey I was open and honest about my bad experience from the previous fertility clinic. Going through fertility issues is alot emotionally and mentally. I expressed to Dr. Jackson-Bey my desires to have a child of my own. She went over my previous cycle as well as expressed why the cycle option she selected for me would be beneficial. From my first visit, I immediately experienced positive variations from my first clinic. She gave me 3D sonogram because I had some fibrous. She also was able to explain in detail what additional test as well as prenatal vitamins to help support me with my cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Be positive. I struggled a-lot with not being empathetic. I felt as though I was Dr. Jackson Bey only patient when I knew I wasn't. I would say to also be patient with how fast she responds back to your email. Other than that, in my experience I had a wonderful with Dr. Jackson-Bey and her amazing staff at RMANY
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Dr. Bey- Jackson was amazing. From our first consultation to my current situation she has been great. Every question I had she answered openly and honestly. As a women of color, it was important to me and my partner to find a doctor whom had familiarity of health concerns that arrises for my demographic. Dr. Bey- Jackson is the type of doctor that families having issues with infertility need.
Describe the protocols Tia Jackson-Bey used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
My first cycle that wasn't conducted at RMANY, I did a natural cycle. My first cycle didn't result in a pregnancy. After going over my results, it was discovered I had endometriosis and needed further treatment before going through another cycle. I also have PCOS and low thyroid issues. Dr. Jackson Bey suggested for this cycle I try a medicated cycle. I first started with injections to help me produce quality eggs. On the day of my egg retrieval, I could bailey walk and I didn't know why until my retrieval was over. Dr Jackson Bey was able to retrieve 40 eggs. From the 40, 30 eggs fertilized and 26 turned into embryos. At my previous clinic, my doctor was only able to retrieve 12 eggs and 7 fertilized and 4 turned into embryos . Me and my partner decided to do PGT testing to eliminate not having a successful cycle. We only tested 4 embryos and out of the 4, 1 came back abnormal. PGT wasn't covered by my insurance so it cost us about $2,400 and to have each embryo tested was $150 per embryo. Once we got the results back, we completed our Transfer in May and in 2 weeks we got the positive news that our prays have been answered and Dr. Jackson Bey confirmed that we were pregnant. I still cant believe it. Dr Jackson Bey was able to look at my medical history and determine the best cycle option for me and my partner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Nicole Weitzel)
Nicole was amazing. She answered all my questions regardless of how many times I asked her. I never had to wait long when I had appointments and I was still able to make it to work on time.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: Well organized, clean, respectful staff and nurses. No long waits. Weakness: You may not always see your Dr. Not ever time I has an early morning appointment that I was able to see my doctor. However, the Dr was just as experience and professional as my Dr.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Most appointments were in the am.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York.
My medical insurance covered my cycle. My out of pocket cost were co-pays, cost of medication (varies by cycle), PGT testing ($2400) and embryo testing ($150 per embryo)
Describe Tia Jackson-Bey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Dr. Jackson Bey suggested one embryo transfer due to my age as well as the risk factors that come with multiple pregnancy. Me and my partner did desire to have twins but we understood and respected her expertise.

2020 - 2021, Unknown Success
Dr. Jackson-Bey was extremely sensitive, thoughtful and personable. I was very sensitive and anxious and she took the time to listen to me and help me think through challenging decisions...She was understanding of my feelings and accomodated my wish for this other path even though she did make it clear that she thought IVF was the best path forward...she was always quick to respond to emails. She took the time to call me when I got disappointing results...
The nurse - Lucy - was fantastic [at RMA of New York]. So professional, organized, kind and responsive. I felt very taken care of. The care coordinator changed several times and none of them were particularly helpful. We had a lot of issues navigating insurance, pre-authorizations for meds, scheduling, etc. There was a separate finance team and the person I was assigned to was also not very helpful...
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
Dr. Jackson-Bey was very compassionate and responsive. I had tons of random questions in between appointments and she was always quick to respond to emails. She took the time to call me when I got disappointing results (i.e. negative pregnancy test from an IUI). She really cares about her patients and about her work. She is active in advocacy around infertility issues and getting more people access to infertility care.
Be as specific as possible in asking questions. Make sure to be clear on your communication style - i.e. if you're someone who likes blunt direct communication, be upfront about that.
Dr. Jackson-Bey was extremely sensitive, thoughtful and personable. I was very sensitive and anxious and she took the time to listen to me and help me think through challenging decisions. She has a great personality and really cares about her patients.
Dr. Jackson-Bey initially recommended IVF from the outset because of my history of anovulation and DOR. I was very resistant to IVF and so we agreed to try medicated IUIs first. She was understanding of my feelings and accomodated my wish for this other path even though she did make it clear that she thought IVF was the best path forward. I ended up doing 6 IUIs because I responded well to them and there was no obvious reason that an IUI wouldn't have worked for me. Eventually I felt very ready to try IVF and so we made the switch. My first protocol was one designed for women with DOR or poor responders. I didn't get many eggs but the results of blasts was very strong. We decided to do another cycle to bank embryos because of our desire to have two kids. The second cycle we used a different protocol that I did not respond as well to and we also had a male-factor issue so we ended up freezing eggs only. After that we took a break as we were pretty shaken up from that experience and decided to switch doctors within the practice purely for a psychological "reset." We are soon preparing to transfer the euploid embryos that we got from that first IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lucy)
The nurse - Lucy - was fantastic. So professional, organized, kind and responsive. I felt very taken care of. The care coordinator changed several times and none of them were particularly helpful. We had a lot of issues navigating insurance, pre-authorizations for meds, scheduling, etc. There was a separate finance team and the person I was assigned to was also not very helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We chose the clinic because of it's strong reputation, location, and because they take our insurance - GHI. The doctors and nurses have been amazing and the location in downtown Brooklyn is ideal. We've also had great experiences with all of our procedures - IUIs, egg retrievals - at the Madison Ave location. We did one IUI in Soho that was also great. On the other hand, for routine matters, the coordinating staff and finance staff are lacking. It might be also a factor of our insurance being shitty but we've had a terrible time coordinating pre-authorizations. My husband and I end up spending hours on the phone with the pharmacy, insurance for the first few days of each cycle. It was extremely stressful for both of us and probably impacted the results of our cycles.
The major procedures were covered 100% by insurance (unlimited IUIs and up to 3 IVF cycles) but we decided to pay for ICSI ($2,000) and PGT testing ($2,500).
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
We had some issues with nurses giving us the wrong protocol over the phone. I had received the protocol via email from the nurse so I double-checked it and had to call back to confirm. This happened twice. We also had a lot of issues getting the medication delivered on time. We ended up doing a lot of three-way calling among the clinic, pharmacy and insurance. It became a second full-time job at certain points.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Jackson-Bey is both a wonderful doctor and person. She never made me and my husband feel rushed and took the time to answer questions and speak to us, even after hours. Her bedside manner is exactly what I want in a doctor, she keeps it real yet hopeful, is confident and kind...I always felt like I was her only patient even though I know that's not the case
All in around $30k but we used WIN Fertility to pay...I like and recommend RMA. I appreciate the flexibility in monitoring hours and locations and I liked that I got a chance to meet most of the doctors there since you never know who you'll get on procedure days. Most doctors have great bedside manner and a few seem too busy for questions but I don't blame them, monitoring mornings get busy.
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
I have nothing but good things to say. In fact my husband and I wish she could be our GP. She is really good at explaining what's happening, makes time for questions and is responsive. I never felt rushed, pressured, or like I wasn't receiving the best advice. I always felt like I was her only patient even though I know that's not the case. Truly a gifted physician and gem of a person.
Bring a notebook and be prepared to take lots of notes. There's no such thing as a bad question.
Egg retrieval 1: antagonist protocol. I was a slow responder and stimmed for 14 days. I have slightly low amh and only had 5 eggs retrieved. one made it to blast and came back low mosaic. We changed my protocol for the second retrieval and did the microflare protocol with estrogen priming. I ended up with 6 eggs and 4 blasts. Three came back PGT normal. in between retrievals I had to have a laproscopic hysteroscopy to remove uterine adhesions and fix additional scarring/issues at the fundus. I had my FET two months after my second retrieval and three months after surgery. It was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lucy Arnerich-Hatch)
So sweet and so responsive. Lucy is great!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
All in around $30k but we used WIN Fertility to pay. Most of our IVF was paid for out of pocket.
Will only transfer one embryo at a time. She outlined her reasons and we were on board.

2021, Consult
Dr. Jackson-Bey felt transparent and patient. She spoke to me with respect and did not automatically assume I understood the medical terminology and treatments she was describing. I walked away feeling a sense of trust in her guidance...She is clearly trained in LGBTQ+ family building support and approached my relationship and family-building goals with compassion...
This clinic [RMA of New York] claims to be highly LGBTQ+ competent but the front desk staff misgendered my partner multiple times. To the clinic's credit, when I sent feedback about these encounters to one of the Patient Liaisons they were very thoughtful in their response. An additional weakness was their lack of transparency around their BMI protocols...after my consultation and monitoring, I found out the clinic would *not* actually freeze my eggs due to their anesthesia policies related to BMI...
How was your experience with Tia Jackson-Bey at RMA of New York?
To me, Dr. Jackson-Bey felt transparent and patient. She spoke to me with respect and did not automatically assume I understood the medical terminology and treatments she was describing. I walked away feeling a sense of trust in her guidance.
Dr. Jackson-Bey was kind and patient with my questions! She even drew me a diagram to help visualize the concepts she was describing. She is clearly trained in LGBTQ+ family building support and approached my relationship and family-building goals with compassion.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This clinic claims to be highly LGBTQ+ competent but the front desk staff misgendered my partner multiple times. To the clinic's credit, when I sent feedback about these encounters to one of the Patient Liaisons they were very thoughtful in their response. An additional weakness was their lack of transparency around their BMI protocols. I asked upfront and was told there was no restriction or cut-off on care based on BMI. Then, after my consultation and monitoring, I found out the clinic would *not* actually freeze my eggs due to their anesthesia policies related to BMI. That was the worst part of my experience with RMA.
Approximately $2,000 for initial consultation and diagnostics.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?