Tibor Polcz

Boynton Beach
9868 S State Road 7
Boynton Beach, FL 33472
561.736.6006
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tibor Polcz to a friend?

Excellent

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Polcz Fertility Center to a friend?
Dr. Polcz always knew exactly what was going on with my cycle even without looking at my chart. He extensively answered every question that I had. ... Any procedure that needs to be done on a weekend he is always available. ... He would explain every step he was going to take during my cycle and could backup all his decisions with the most up to date medical evidence. ... Dr Polcz recommended transferring 2 embryos for the best chance of success
How was your experience with Tibor Polcz at Polcz Fertility Center?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr Polcz. His bedside manner is amazing. You can tell how much he cares for his patients and will work to get the best outcomes for each patient. Any procedure that needs to be done on a weekend he is always available. I can call the office for any questions I have and he will always get an answer back to me promptly. He would explain every step he was going to take during my cycle and could backup all his decisions with the most up to date medical evidence. I fully trust his medical expertise, decision making, and how much he cares for his patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tibor Polcz at Polcz Fertility Center?
He typically doesn’t openly address issues that “could” happen but have not. He doesn’t like to unnecessarily stress his patients out over complications that have not happened. But if you have any questions about what could possibly happen just ask and he will fully answer every single one.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tibor Polcz at Polcz Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Tibor Polcz used in your cycles at Polcz Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We started with birth control which my body did not respond to. I still produced follicles and ovulated. Next we tried lupron but I still grew follicles. When we started the stimulation meds he typically (in my situation) uses lupron prior to egg retrieval but switched protocols to one that used Ganirelix instead since I previously did not respond well to the lupron. The Ganirelix worked as intended. We retrieved 8 eggs. One was overmature. Out of the 7 left all 7 were fertilized naturally but one was discarded after being fertilized by 2 sperm. Out of the 6 remaining all 6 made it to day 5 and we transferred the 2 best embryos. The other 4 all arrested on day 6 before they could be frozen. I am currently 30 weeks pregnant with a healthy single baby resulting from the 5 day transfer.
He had 2 IVF nurses but both were new to the office only being newly employed when I started my IVF cycle so they were still learning how the office and Dr Polcz functioned. They were both knowledgeable and caring just a little unorganized. There was an ultrasound tech who did a lot of my ultrasounds named Janet who was absolutely amazing! She knew all the ins and outs of they office.
Describe your experience with Polcz Fertility Center.
The office overall is unorganized. I don’t believe he has an office manager but would greatly benefit from one. Dr Polcz is such an amazing doctor that I would still 100% refer anyone to him regardless of the disorganization of the office. I strongly believe any patient will get the best care and outcomes by seeing Dr Polcz for any fertility needs.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tibor Polcz at Polcz Fertility Center.
My insurance only covered $2,000 of fertility coverage. I don’t remember specifics but it was between $1,000-$2,000 for each round of IUI. Global fee for IVF treatment was a little over $9,000. That included all exams, ultrasounds, and procedures. I paid for IVF meds separately averaging around $6,000. I paid $500 to the anestiologist that did the egg retrieval. All pregnancy tests were billed to my insurance. Office visits after my positive pregnancy test until released to my OB were billed to my insurance.
Describe Tibor Polcz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Polcz Fertility Center.
Dr Polcz recommended transferring 2 embryos for the best chance of success after he extensively spoke with us about the chances of a multiple pregnancy and we decided we would be happy if we had multiple babies.
What specific things went wrong at Polcz Fertility Center?
Tibor Polcz