Not available by email
ResidencyUCLA
FellowshipUCSF
5190 E. Farness Drive
Tucson, AZ 85712
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Timothy Gelety to a friend?

7.1

Good

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility to a friend?
Dr Gelety isn't the hand holding, sugar coating type but he knows who I am. He is quick but thorough... The initial appointment was long and not rushed. We covered everything. He set very real expectations and steps knowing that we could adjust the course along the way if necessary. I see him at EVERY single appointment whether its just a check in, an ultrasound or an actual procedure. While each appointment is not very long, I feel like everything is covered. I would call him "efficient"
How was your experience with Timothy Gelety at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility?
Dr Gelety is thorough and knowledgeable. The initial appointment was long and not rushed. We covered everything. He set very real expectations and steps knowing that we could adjust the course along the way if necessary. I see him at EVERY single appointment whether its just a check in, an ultrasound or an actual procedure. While each appointment is not very long, I feel like everything is covered. I would call him "efficient"
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Timothy Gelety at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility?
If you're looking for someone to hold your hand and sugar coat anything then he is not the one for you. He is straightforward and to the point. He is friendly but in a professional doctor way not in a friend or acquaintance way. Also, know that you will see him at every appointment. For me, that builds a lot of confidence and reassurance in the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Timothy Gelety at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility?
Dr Gelety isn't the hand holding, sugar coating type but he knows who I am. He is quick but thorough. The staff is very friendly. They also remember everyone that comes in.
Describe the protocols Timothy Gelety used in your cycles at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and their degree of success.
Before starting IVF we did a lap where discovered that i had stage 2 endometriosis. It was shocking that this had never been discovered before after my recurrent miscarriages and fibroids. Once we started IVF we did a cycle of lupron, 9 days of menopur and Novarel as the trigger.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. (Assigned nurse: There's only 1 main nurse)
There is one main nurse there. She is very friendly and caring. She knows our names and is knowledgeable on our case. She follows through quickly and consistently. She takes the time to answer all of our questions and often consults with the doctor to ensure we get the best information. She has been through fertility treatments so I relate and trust what she tells us. It also keeps me more confident through the process.
Describe your experience with Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
Strengths: They are efficient. Its a small office so they know every patient and every case. The prices are the lowest anywhere but without sacrificing integrity or taking shortcuts. The staff is friendly and will always follow through on what they say. Little to no wait time. I was able to get into my initial appointment quickly. They answer the phone immediately. Weaknesses: They do not bill directly to insurance for anything other than office visits. So we have to pay out of pocket for blood work and procedures. But the billing coordinator did say they provide everything to make it easy to submit to insurance for reimbursement.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
Monitoring appointments were scheduled like any other appointments. They don't have specific windows for only certain procedures. So we could schedule ultrasound appointments for any day of the week or time. This is because they are all handled by the doctor himself. We traveled 2 hours to see the doctor and found them very flexible to accommodate our schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Timothy Gelety at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
A round of IVF is about $7k not including medications. We pay $35 for each bloodworm that is done since they do it in office.
Describe Timothy Gelety's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
We haven't done an embryo transfer yet but he is for a multiple embryo transfer especially due to my age.
Tucson

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Timothy Gelety at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.

Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Gelety is well-respected in Tucson and I initially liked him, but as time went on, he became very dismissive to some of my basic questions....Come to find out, Gelety never even did the basic tests to rule out things like thyroid issues, low ovarian reserves, etc. He was pushing IVF hard (which I was fine with and was willing to do), but why should I spend all that money without ensuring any underlying issues have been diagnosed/addressed?
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Gelety is well-respected in Tucson and I initially liked him, but as time went on, he became very dismissive to some of my basic questions. I was dealing with a cyst that wouldn't go away and his answer was to do another Lap (which I recently had done already). There are other ways to get rid of cysts, none of which were even mentioned to me as options. Instead of suggesting birth control, he immediately suggested I have a Lap procedure. He went from 0 to 60 with no in between options which made me realize I should leave him and get a second opinion elsewhere. I have heard from friends that he pushes Laps which I initially didn't believe, but in the end I witnessed it first-hand.
Make sure Dr. Gelety performs the basic tests in the beginning to rule out things like Thyroid issues, phase defects, etc. Once these are done, make sure he reviews them with you in great detail before he suggests treatment options.
Everyone I encountered at Gelety's office were incredibly friendly and welcoming. However, as my appointments went on, I felt like I was getting my questions answered and was looked at as just another patient. Any time I'd ask Dr. Gelety a question, he'd respond with "yeah, yeah...we'll look into that later." Come to find out, Gelety never even did the basic tests to rule out things like thyroid issues, low ovarian reserves, etc. He was pushing IVF hard (which I was fine with and was willing to do), but why should I spend all that money without ensuring any underlying issues have been diagnosed/addressed?
The nurses are all great!
The building itself is great - clean and has recently been updated. His prices are cheaper than at least one other RE in Tucson. Gelety isn't so great when it comes to being patient and answering your questions. If your treatment is going to be pretty straight-forward, then you should be fine seeing him. If you have a lot of issues and want someone to hold your hand the whole time and spends hours with you, Gelety isn't for you.
I always paid my $40 copay at each appointment which, if it was done, would cover the ultrasound and appointment with the doctor. Blood work was never covered (even though my health insurance covers blood work 100%) and cost $60. His prices for IUI and IVF are extremely reasonable and are much cheaper than at least one other RE in Tucson. Gelety and his staff are pretty firm on not working with your insurance so if you are one of the few who has fertility treatments covered by your health insurance, you will probably have to do all the leg work to get it paid for.
What specific things went wrong at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility?
Tucson

The doctor [Dr. Gelety] forgot to call me to give me the results of my pregnancy test while we had been patiently waiting all day. We even called befor they closed and they said the doctor would call me later in the evening which did not happen...seemed to care about me and what treatment was best for me... worked with my own cycle and never had me take birth control to control my cycle. He was available whenever I needed him and came in during a holiday to do my retrieval. He seems to do things more old school and my treatment seemed to have a lot less medication than other people going through treatment. He does seem like he is in a hurry often.
Doctor Gelety worked with my own cycle and never had me take birth control to control my cycle. He was available whenever I needed him and came in during a holiday to do my retrieval. He seems to do things more old school and my treatment seemed to have a lot less medication than other people going through treatment. He does seem like he is in a hurry often.
Do you own homework, be sure you follow up because sometimes they forget. He allows you to get your medication in Mexico which definitely lowers cost.
The doctor seemed to care about me and what treatment was best for me.
I started off with clomid and monitoring cycle. I was able to get pregnant during the 3 round, but had a miscarriage at 18 weeks. Then clomid and IUI with Hcg trigger shot, negative pregnancy test. 1 st round iVF menopur 4 vials 8 days, then trigger shot. Transferred 3 embryos resulted in chemical pregnancy. 2 round IvF double dose of menupor, lupron for 3 days. Hcg trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Martha )
Martha is no longer at the clinic and while she was nice she often got confused and told me the wrong time to do my trigger shot. All turned out well, but could of cost me big.
The staff are friendly. The clinic does not have the most up to date quality equipment, but it gets the job done for the reasonable prices. The clinic provides you with a list of services and prices which Intought was helpful.
IUI 750 plos $50 trigger shot. IVF 7500 plus ICSI was 1,000. We got most of the medication in Mexico costing 1,200. Office visits were $50 copay, blood work $50 each time I believe.
I think that the doctor has a lot of experience, so I was comfortable with him suggestion the number of embryos to transfer. For me it was 3 each time.

2013 - 2015
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Gelety himself seemed like a confident, caring guy. He was just always so rushed I never had time to ask him all my questions, and a lot of times left frustrated and confused. He definitely knows what he is doing, the communication just isn't always there. I felt I was treated much better after I got pregnant. I did like that he gives out his personal cell number, and I called him a few times when I had urgent problems and he always called right back.
2013 - 2015
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Get all your questions out as soon as he walks through the door for your appointment. Don't let him leave the room if you still have more questions, because he will disappear to the next patient.
The office was always very busy, and I didn't see Dr Gelety himself for appointment until after my first IVF cycle. High employee turnover, long wait times. Always felt very rushed.
For fresh cycles, Dr Gelety put me on birth control for a month, then I did Lupron injections to suppress my ovaries for 2-3 weeks. Menopur was used to stimulate follicle/egg development, trigger shot before egg retrieval, and progesterone in oil injections were started around transfer time. Frozen cycles were easier. Provera for 10 days to induce a period if needed, then estradiol pills to build uterine lining for 2-3 weeks. Progesterone in oil shots started around transfer time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Marta Silva)
Marta was not very good at communicating, and I felt like she didn't always listen to my questions/concerns.
The embryologist seemed really good and nice. Also the clinic prices were very affordable comparatively speaking.
Fresh cycles were around $10-11k including medications. Frozen cycles were $1,200 and annual embryo storage fees are $200.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr Gelety isn’t overly friendly and his bed side manner could improve, but I never had a negative experience with him. He laid out multiple options for us and allowed us to choose what course of action we wanted to take. He also always gave options of where we would like to go next...He doesn’t take extra time with you unless it’s necessary, but he does care about you 100%. He’s a little socially awkward, which was a quirk I kind of liked in him.
European, East Asian
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Don’t expect warm and fuzzy from him. He doesn’t take extra time with you unless it’s necessary, but he does care about you 100%. He’s a little socially awkward, which was a quirk I kind of liked in him.
Dr Gelety specializes his care. He listened to my body and allowed us to move as fast or as slow as we would like to.
We did 2 IUIs with Femara and a trigger shot. We then did Lupron 20units followed by 5units, Menopur 4 vials for 9 days, HCG 10,000 trigger, and then progesterone in oil for our IVF cycle. We did retrieval with a fresh embryo transfer using 3 day embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Arizona Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Kayla)
The nursing staff is phenomenal. They always made me feel welcome and they were genuinely interested in our successes.
I made a family in this office. It felt warm and open every time I entered. It was genuinely a good fit for me and my husband. We had to travel for our appointments and they made sure it was easy for us to do what we could in our hometown rather than traveling.
Approximately $5,500 for IVF, $1,200 for ICSI, $475 for egg freezing.
Dr Gelety left the option up to us, letting us know that one embryo was about a 20% success rate and two was about a 50% success rate. Ultimately, he did whatever we wanted to do though.
Tucson

We chose multiple embryo transfer because he [Dr. Gelety] suggested that with my age it was recommended...took the time to sit with my wife and I and explain all options, he provided us with literature to read up on. He followed up after hours with us to check on me. He took genuine interest in helping us...We traveled 5 hours to see him and he was worth it. He was very patient and explained everything to us. I had 9 embryos and on my last chance he advised us to wait an extra month because my cycle didn't seem right. We waited and then went in the following month anf got pregnant with our daughter.
Dr. Gelety was awesome. We traveled 5 hours to see him and he was worth it. He was very patient and explained everything to us. I had 9 embryos and on my last chance he advised us to wait an extra month because my cycle didn't seem right. We waited and then went in the following month anf got pregnant with our daughter.
Write down all your questions before you go in for the consultation so you don't forget.
Dr. Gelety took the time to sit with my wife and I and explain all options, he provided us with literature to read up on. He followed up after hours with us to check on me. He took genuine interest in helping us.
Dr. Gelety had me start on menopur injections 2x a day after my cycle ended. I went to check progress on my follicles and on day 12 they retrieved 9 eggs and performed ICSI with donor sperm and all 9 developed into embryos. We did1 fresh cycle and 2 frozen.
All of the nurses were very friendly and knowledgeable on what was going on. They took the time to explain things. They followed up with us often because we were from out of town.
The clinic was very nice, clean, and run in an organized manner. The only thing I didn't like was that when it came time to pay they informed me they did ICSI and it was going to be an additional $1,250. Which was fine if it needed to be done but we weren't expecting that until we got to thr counter to pay.
The entire process cost about $12,800 for mediciations and treatment
We chose multiple embryo transfer because he suggested that with my age it was recommended.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS
As a patient that has been through multiple cycles he [Dr. Timothy Gelety] was very knowledgable and presented us with all of our options ahead of time. He was thorough and if we had any questions he answered them. Unfortunately, our cycle ended in a miscarriage, but he was prompt in the situation and living over five hours away he called me and comforted me over the phone and fit me in immediately as soon as I could get to the clinic.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, PCOS
As a patient that has been through multiple cycles he was very knowledgable and presented us with all of our options ahead of time. He was thorough and if we had any questions he answered them. Unfortunately, our cycle ended in a miscarriage, but he was prompt in the situation and living over five hours away he called me and comforted me over the phone and fit me in immediately as soon as I could get to the clinic.
Write any questions down before your visit. He is knowledgable and will explain and go over all options specific to you.
Dr. Gelety was compassionate with our history and while we did get pregnant our cycle did end with a miscarriage. He was prompt in the situation and wanted take steps immediately to continue our care.
The nursing staff was also fantastic and compassionate with our situation and were always prompt in returning calls and answering questions.
The clinic was organized and prompt with calls back regarding any questions we had. The nursing team and receptionist helped us coordinate shipping our frozen embryos from another facility out of state and kept us up to date throughout the process.
$2,500 - FET

3 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
I’m young so we started out with clomid then femera then iui and now we are working on ivf [with Dr. Gelety]...I feel like he doesn’t have the best bed side manner but he has the same goals as I do. He try’s to be very thorough and make sure you know your plan but he moves quickly so sometimes I’m still left with questions . My labs had gotten mixed up and now I don’t trust him as much...Make him take the time to explain everything to you .
3 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Make him take the time to explain everything to you .
They were very kind , explained everything well, remembered my name and my condition .
I love the nurses they are so supportive and caring . Sometimes they can not help answer my questions though
The clinic is small and a little outdated but the lab and the rooms are clean and organized . Typically they are really quick at moving you into the rooms so the waiting room is typically empty . The front desk staff welcome you .
Cost is very affordable , most things are very cheap compared to other centers .
He is more set on just transferring one even though he says there is a higher chance with two