Todd Deutch

Nurse available by emailAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolTulane U
ResidencyU of Chicago
FellowshipJones Institute of Reproductive Medicine
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Todd Deutch to a friend?
1 IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
We did reciprocal IVF [with Dr. Deutch] so Mr wife underwent stimulation and retrieval and the resulting embryo was transferred to me...At retrieval she had 23 eggs. 16 were mature and 13 fertilized normally. We ended up with 5 very high quality embryos. One was transferred and four were frozen. We did a five day transfer to me and are currently 16 weeks pregnant with our son after the first try.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Todd Deutch at Advanced Reproductive Care?
Dr. Deutch is extremely knowledgeable in the area of reproductive medicine. He treats his patients like people and takes his time to explain everything. His own children were conceived by IVF so he is very understanding and compassionate. If we paged him with a question even on a weekend he returned our call immediately and was very patient and kind. We could not have had a better experience and have recommended him to a close family member.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Todd Deutch at Advanced Reproductive Care?
If you live in the area, go see him! Even if you don’t! We drove an hour and a half to see him and would do it again.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Todd Deutch at Advanced Reproductive Care?
Doctor Deutch personally called us himself when the clinic learned our insurance denied coverage because he knew we would be disappointed. We did reciprocal IVF so an embryo created with my wife’s egg and donor sperm would be transferred to me. My insurance called me a surrogate and he made it clear to us that he strongly disagreed and that I am the child’s mother as much as my wife is. It was very clear he cared about us.
Describe the protocols Todd Deutch used in your cycles at Advanced Reproductive Care and their degree of success.
We did reciprocal IVF so Mr wife underwent stimulation and retrieval and the resulting embryo was transferred to me. We started on birth control to sync our cycles. I then did lupron injections for about a month before my wife started her stims. I eventually added estrance tablets and then progesterone in oil injections. I triggered with a pregnyl trigger. My wife was monitored very closely for ohss because she had many follicles to start with. She started with follistim and eventually added menopur and cetrotide. She had very frequent monitoring. She only had to stim for 8 days and triggered with lupron. At retrieval she had 23 eggs. 16 were mature and 13 fertilized normally. We ended up with 5 very high quality embryos. One was transferred and four were frozen. We did a five day transfer to me and are currently 16 weeks pregnant with our son after the first try. I continued with estrace and progesterone in oil injections until 12 weeks. We tapered the dosage from ten weeks on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Advanced Reproductive Care. (Assigned nurse: Gayle Driscoll)
She was very caring and compassionate. Always pleasant to work with. I sometimes felt that because I am a nurse in a somewhat related field (labor and delivery) that I received abbreviated explainations. To be fair, this is often true with any medical care when the staff knows you are a nurse. That being said she always answered my questions when asked.
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Care.
This is a smaller practice. Dr. Deutch is the only physician. For us that was a plus. We knew he would be doing all of our procedures. They have two locations. Rockford and Arlington Heights. Dr. Deutch does his surgical procedures on the Edwards Hospital campus in Naperville. Advanced Reproductive Center went out of their way to try to make our appointments as convenient for us as possible. Dr. Deutch even offered to come in early a couple of times so we could have our appointment at the office closer to our home! The nurses were so kind and fun. We missed them once we graduated to our obstetrician!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Todd Deutch at Advanced Reproductive Care.
Egg retrieval with monitoring cost us $12,500. Fresh embryo transfer with monitoring was $3,500. Our medications cost about $6,000
Describe Todd Deutch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Advanced Reproductive Care.
Our doctor would only transfer one embryo to me because I have chronic hypertension. He was very clear that his goal was not just to get us pregnant but to give us the most healthy pregnancy he could. He did say that if we had a couple of unsuccessful attempts that he would transfer two embryos. It did not seem like he was against transferring multiple embryos in general but did not feel it was the best plan for us.
Advanced Reproductive Care
Rockford
How was your experience with Todd Deutch at Advanced Reproductive Care?
From our very first consult, Dr. Deutch listened to our concerns and answered every question that we had. He never rushed us or made us feel as if we were wasting his time. He was caring and knowledgeable and made us feel welcome and comfortable in his office. He made us feel optimistic while at the same time being realistic about the outcomes. The only reason we didn't pursue further treatments till pregnancy was achieved was because of financial reasons. We will absolutely be going back to Dr. Deutch though should we decide to pursue IVF! I would recommend him to anyone!
You won't be disappointed! There isn't anything I can think of "to warn" someone of under his care.
He truly cares about his patients! His entire staff really showed compassion during our visits and phone calls. He takes the time to explain your entire situation with you and no question is ever dumb to him. His thoroughness through out our treatment was greatly appreciated!
Dr. Deutch started me on Clomid with IUI's, but the medication wasn't giving us the desired effect. It wasn't producing the eggs needed and was causing me to ovulate early. After 3 failed cycles, he switched me to Letrozole and that was working! We did 7 cycles of that medicine with 5 IUI's. Unfortunately, I suffered two chemical pregnancies. Our diagnosis of unexplained infertility was frustrating but Dr. Deutch was optimistic that one round of IVF would be successful for us. Once we are able to, we plan on pursuing that form of treatment.
From start to finish, the nurses were caring and compassionate to our situation. They always greeted us with a smile whether it be on the phone or in person. They had a lot of the same characteristics as Dr. Deutch. We let him know as much too!
Describe your experience with Advanced Reproductive Care.
It is in a convenient location of town. It was clean and always in proper order when we visited. No complaints! It was spacious but not too big. Dr. Deutch's office in particular was warm and inviting. The procedure rooms were always tidy as well. One thing that was nice, is that they wouldn't schedule a lot of patients at once. I think I only ever saw two other women while visiting. Discretion was important to them!
Our insurance covered 80% of our IUI's, so that was extremely helpful! We had to pay out of pocket for my medication, but it was never very much money. The most expensive thing was the trigger shots, but even those were $100 a piece, which in the grand scheme of things, is not that bad.
This is not applicable to our situation.
Advanced Reproductive Care