Available by cell phone
FellowshipU. of North Carolina
2614 E. 7th Street, Suite C
Charlotte, NC 28204
980.256.2233
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tolga Mesen to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Carolinas Fertility Institute to a friend?
He [Dr. Mesen] prescribed my husband a male fertility vitamin as his semen analysis was not great and on the low side of normal...I really was not expecting Dr Mesen to be the one to do all of my ultrasounds or treatments but he was there every time and answered all my many questions. It was comforting to know I would see the same doctor every time...I had never had an interuteran ultrasound before so he said that’s the first thing I needed and then proceeded to walk me to the room to have it done right then. I did appreciate the urgency though after trying naturally for 2 years. During my follow ups he did soften his demeanor and after my first IUI answered the list of questions I had before he left the room and told us he wanted to hear good news in two weeks which I appreciated. He really does want us to be successful. After the first two IUI’s failed, he agreed that a change in medication would hopefully help for the third IUI so he does listen to his patients and take into consideration their thoughts on the process.
[The nurses at Carolinas Fertility Institute that] I’ve interacted with have been very delightful! My time has always been valued and they want me to be as comfortable as possible...they pulled up a chair right next to me for my husband to sit in during the IUI procedures so he could hold my hand...I had to have blood draw to check estrodiol levels and was told I would get a call back by 4pm. I had to call them and then wait for the results to be reviewed. Granted I needed to pick up my tigger shot based on those results so it was time sensitive.
How was your experience with Tolga Mesen at Carolinas Fertility Institute?
At the initial consulation I found Dr Mesen to be a little too direct and to the point. It was all very medically explained. I had never had an interuteran ultrasound before so he said that’s the first thing I needed and then proceeded to walk me to the room to have it done right then. I did appreciate the urgency though after trying naturally for 2 years. During my follow ups he did soften his demeanor and after my first IUI answered the list of questions I had before he left the room and told us he wanted to hear good news in two weeks which I appreciated. He really does want us to be successful. After the first two IUI’s failed, he agreed that a change in medication would hopefully help for the third IUI so he does listen to his patients and take into consideration their thoughts on the process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tolga Mesen at Carolinas Fertility Institute?
If you have questions for Dr Mesen, come prepared with them at time of ultrasound/treatment. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or have him clarify things. Sometimes he not very detailed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tolga Mesen at Carolinas Fertility Institute?
Describe the protocols Tolga Mesen used in your cycles at Carolinas Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
At the initial consult, Dr. Mesen recommended starting with 3 IUI’s and then reassessing if needed. I kept taking all of the vitamins I was currently taking. He prescribed my husband a male fertility vitamin as his semen analysis was not great and on the low side of normal. IUI 1 and 2 Femara 5mg cycle days 3-7. He told us he thought I would respond better to Femara than Clomid. IUI 3 (in progress) Clomid 100mg cycle days 3-7. Since I only had one mature follicle for the last two treatments, I wanted to increase the dosage and he agreed I would do better with Clomid. That is yet to be determined as of this review.
All of the ladies I’ve interacted with have been very delightful! My time has always been valued and they want me to be as comfortable as possible. They put down extra padding on the procedure chair when I had my period and they pulled up a chair right next to me for my husband to sit in during the IUI procedures so he could hold my hand.
Describe your experience with Carolinas Fertility Institute.
Strengths- small clinic, one on one approach, personalized care, see the same Dr every time, convenient location, will call back same day if you have to leave them a message. Can get appointments on the days Dr. Mesen wants to see you back. Weaknesses- since there is one doctor in the office, the appointment times on the days you need to come in are very limited. I’ve learned that the time they give you is the only time they have. Their insurance team is great. They went though all the steps to see if treatment was covered even though we knew going in it wouldn’t be.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tolga Mesen at Carolinas Fertility Institute.
$1000 per IUI- included all ultrasounds and the procedure. Trigger shot- $112- by pharmacy Dr Mesen referred me to for lower cost Clomid- $25- from neighborhood pharmacy.
Greensboro
+ Read more- Read less

I felt this MD [Dr. Mesen] has a "cookie cutter" approach to fertility. I was given instructions that literally didn't even apply to me...I felt this MD was treating me based on my insurance. during our first consultation, he literally insulted my insurance in front of me! Called them "such a pain". I don't think he was invested in me as a patient because my insurance was not the VA...Infertility is heartbreaking enough without having to deal with MD's worried about insurance compensations determining level of treatment.
weakness [at Carolinas Fertility Institute]: treating patients based on their insurance status...strengths: nurses were very nice, compassionate. MD could spend more time learning about the patient and their infertility issues BEFORE prescribing a method...the nurse that drew my blood was absolutely awesome. At the end of my last visit, I was so upset and unsatisfied. She talked to me while drawing blood and I didn't even notice the needle or the draw. Anytime I had a questions, the nurses called me back promptly.
How was your experience with Tolga Mesen at Carolinas Fertility Institute?
I felt this MD was treating me based on my insurance. during our first consultation, he literally insulted my insurance in front of me! Called them "such a pain". I don't think he was invested in me as a patient because my insurance was not the VA. To all Veterans, when the VA recommends this office first, please ask for their second. If he doesn't think he can treat veterans fairly or want to deal with the VA, he should have himself removed from their list. Infertility is heartbreaking enough without having to deal with MD's worried about insurance compensations determining level of treatment.
Veterans, when the VA recommends this MD to you. Please ask for second on their list. To him, dealing with the VA is a pain. So who wants a MD that sees you as "a pain" to them. Also, you will be in a billing battle. They put me down as self pay and I have received all the bills for outside facilities (labs and ultrasounds). Ironically, his office visit bills made their way to the VA for processing and not to me and collections.
I felt this MD has a "cookie cutter" approach to fertility. I was given instructions that literally didn't even apply to me. When that didn't work, I asked him were we still on that paper, he nonchalantly said, "oh, we're way off that." I felt like he was backtracking and treating me after his first solution didn't work. When my condition and unique situation could have been talked about and treated properly the first time.
Describe your experience with Carolinas Fertility Institute.
weakness: treating patients based on their insurance status. Simply stated: VETERANS AVOID THIS CLINIC. its not worth the added headache. strengths: nurses were very nice, compassionate. MD could spend more time learning about the patient and their infertility issues BEFORE prescribing a method.
I am in collections because of this office. This MD cost me my first experience with a fertility specialist. I'll never get it back.
+ Read more- Read less

Every single appointment I get to see Dr. Mesen (rather than just a nurse) and while he is not particularly warm he always makes me feel like he has all the time in the world to discuss my concerns. I have never felt rushed during appointments with him. I ask a lot of questions and like to really understand my treatment options and he has always discussed them thoroughly with me and never talked down to me or made me think my questions were stupid.
The clinic [Carolinas Fertility Institute] is very individual, small, personable staff, top notch lab. Appointments generally run on time with the exception of the initial new patient appointment. No weaknesses yet that I have seen.... There was one result they forgot to call me about and I had to call in when I realized I still hadn't received the information. It would not have changed the course of treatment however.
How was your experience with Tolga Mesen at Carolinas Fertility Institute?
Strengths: articulate, descriptive, considers preferences of patient rather than just what he professionally thinks, quick to answer questions via phone or email, available at each appointment, realistic Weaknesses: not particularly warm, hasn't shown much compassion, doesn't have a bad bedside manner but also doesn't have the greatest, sometimes have to ask specific questions to get the information you want
He will give you as much information as you ask for but isn't always forthcoming so be prepared with questions.
IUI- Letrozole- 3 pills of 2.5 mg each 1x/day for days 3-7, ultrasound on day 11 or 12 of cycle, trigger shot based on ultrasound and then IUI (done by him). IVF- agonist protocol I believe, Estrogen patch after ovulation of prior cycle until day 2 of current cycle, ultrasound day 2 or 3 for baseline, menopur mixed with gonal F 262 units for 2 days then 225 for 1 day then ultrasound, then 225 one day and then reduced to 187 the next day with followup ultrasound the day after. That's as far as I've gotten but I know at some point Cetrotide will be added and then HCG will be used as trigger prior to egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolinas Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Mandy)
Very thorough, friendly and compassionate, communicated quickly via phone or email even on the weekends, gave me her cellphone number over a holiday, very clearly and thoroughly explained medications
Describe your experience with Carolinas Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very individual, small, personable staff, top notch lab. Appointments generally run on time with the exception of the initial new patient appointment. No weaknesses yet that I have seen.
1,000 per IUI, 13,095 for IVF, and then other fees associated with procedures like a hysteroscopy and bloodwork which I can't remember the totals for
Describe Tolga Mesen's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carolinas Fertility Institute.
He highly recommends 1 embryo for my age (31) and health but says in the end the decision is ours to make.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Tolga Mesen at Carolinas Fertility Institute.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Mesen] was caring and took time with every single patient (I understand I may need to wait a little longer because he is taking time with another patient, I appreciate it when he does that with me). He is completely on-board with moving as slowly or quickly we want to move with treatments and isn't afraid to take an aggressive approach, but seems to try to be as realistic as he can along the way.
Strengths are that it [Carolinas Fertility Institute] is a small clinic and you see the same doctor and nurses every visit, they remember you by name and seem to truly care and are invested in your well-being and success. They are very competent and intelligent about what treatments to take and aren't afraid to take the "difficult" cases.... Weaknesses are that they can be unorganized at times and not completely clear with medications, your plan and instructions.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Tolga Mesen at Carolinas Fertility Institute?
He was caring and took time with every single patient (I understand I may need to wait a little longer because he is taking time with another patient, I appreciate it when he does that with me). He is completely on-board with moving as slowly or quickly we want to move with treatments and isn't afraid to take an aggressive approach, but seems to try to be as realistic as he can along the way. I also appreciate that he was available off hours if there was an emergency, I didn't have to go through a nurse to speak to him.
Don't forget to do your own research as well and be your own advocate (I would give this advice for any doctor), but there is only so much he can remember with how many patients he is seeing and it is up to you do ask questions and advocate for yourself.
He cared as much about our well-being as he did with the treatments, it wasn't just about the science. Every visit he takes time to ask how we are doing.
I'm not sure what protocol, but seemed standard. He preferred to go off of my natural cycle instead of starting me on birth control. My IVF meds were gonal-f, cetrotide, and menopur for retrieval, I also started my cycle using estrogen patches and estradiol pills. For FET I started on the patches and pills and started PIO shots 5 days before transfer.
I think I'm hard to please when it comes to nursing staffs. No matter what clinic I'm at, I find that they are unorganized and don't always communicate the best and can forget to pass information on. At CFI I would say there were slightly above average.
Describe your experience with Carolinas Fertility Institute.
Strengths are that it is a small clinic and you see the same doctor and nurses every visit, they remember you by name and seem to truly care and are invested in your well-being and success. They are very competent and intelligent about what treatments to take and aren't afraid to take the "difficult" cases. They also have advanced technology and amazing embryologists, which is incredibly important. Weaknesses are that they can be unorganized at times and not completely clear with medications, your plan and instructions. It would be incredibly helpful if they would print out information sheets with instructions on what you need to do and other helpful tips and information. The clinic is also growing in popularity which means more patients and longer waits. i don't feel like my care is being compromised, but I feel there will be a tipping point where they have more patients than they can handle.
It was around $14,000 for the IVF cycle (with ICSI), that included 1 FET. Each FET after that was $2900. PGS testing was around $4000 for 8 embryos, but I might be off on that amount though, but it was around that.
He didn't have a preference, answered our questions about it, but left it completely up to us, which I appreciated.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
He [Dr. Mesen] sat us down in his office to have one on one talk with us, he had my chart open in front of him constantly taking notes. I also get to see him and speak to him directly at every monitoring visit.... Don’t take his quietness for rudeness., also be ready to got for whatever treatment, he wastes no time....I am on 7.5 mg of femara because clomid doesn’t work as well in patients with PCOS. I also do an ovidrel trigger shot when my follicles are mature enough
I love that the clinic [Carolinas Fertility Institute] is so small, it definitely helps you feel like a human and not a number. But the smallness is kind of an issue also, it was hard to get in for a new patient appointment but it’s so worth it.... Self pay ultrasounds are $165 you’re not required to have blood work done as part of your monitoring. I know IUI self pay package is $1000.... There is one nurse that is kind of stand off ish. But she gets better, other than that they are all wonderful and will answer any questions you have.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
How was your experience with Tolga Mesen at Carolinas Fertility Institute?
Dr. Mesen is great. His bedside manner can use some work, but I think it’s because he’s just somewhat of an awkward person. The more times I’ve got to see him and talk to him he has warmed up a lot. He’s very straightforward, and he gives you the facts and tells you exactly what is best. He try’s to also explain to you why something might work better than something else. I felt relief when I walked out of his office in the consultation, I felt like I was taken seriously and that if anyone could get me pregnant it would be him. You just have to give him a little time to warm up to you.
He sat us down in his office to have one on one talk with us, he had my chart open in front of him constantly taking notes. I also get to see him and speak to him directly at every monitoring visit.
I am on 7.5 mg of femara because clomid doesn’t work as well in patients with PCOS. I also do an ovidrel trigger shot when my follicles are mature enough, then 4 days after I take the shot I start with progesterone. Because I’ve had two miscarriages. This is only my second cycle on this protocol and I haven’t got to test to see if I’m pregnant yet, fingers crossed.
Describe your experience with Carolinas Fertility Institute.
I love that the clinic is so small, it definitely helps you feel like a human and not a number. But the smallness is kind of an issue also, it was hard to get in for a new patient appointment but it’s so worth it.
I have not had to do IVF yet so I’m not sure.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Dr. Mesen is very detailed and treats each patient differently according to what their diagnosis is. He was very hands on during our treatments and made sure we understood what to expect. If there was a problem we were able to get answers in a quick and timely manner... We were able to transfer two embryos on our first transfer because we had a history of pregnancy loss. They do let most couples decide which they would like to transfer but it does depend on the history and diagnosis of the couple.
The Charlotte office of CFI is small and you are seen in a timely manner. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Everyone is knowledgable about Reproductive Endocrinology and very helpful. When you have questions they are quick to help you and get answers... They have a specific IVF nurse at CFI that deals with all of the IVF patients at each location. She is the one that communicated with me the most through email. They also have a set nurse who takes your blood and does all the labs. They always responded in a timely manner and made sure you understood the results they were giving you.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
How was your experience with Tolga Mesen at Carolinas Fertility Institute?
Expect to get started on treatment right away. At CFI they want to help you get pregnant so they will cover all bases before moving forward. They will do blood tests to rule out any issues and come up with an individualized plan to help you succeed. Dr. Mesen gives you direct and clinical answers in a way to help you understand possible reasons why you may be struggling with infertility.
When we went for each appointment I always saw Dr. Mesen. He was the one who did my ultrasounds and at each appointment discussed our protocol and what I could expect in a very detailed way.
For our IVF cycle we had a specific plan that worked with my PCOS. We stimmed with Menopur and Gonal F for about 8 days before retrieval. We did do a freeze all because of my estrogen level and then the next month we transferred two embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolinas Fertility Institute.
We did mini IVF and it was around $6,500
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Mesen is incredibly available, having given me his personal cell phone number and email. I was able to reach him nights and weekends, and he never failed to return a call. He is kind and patient, and he always explains the process and protocol.... IVF with long lupron protocol, with a fresh 5d transfer, for unexplained infertility. I responded well to the protocol. Fresh transfer resulted in a CP, so an FET was scheduled. Due to failure of the first transfer, he recommended transferring 2 embryos, but I wasn't ready yet, and we transferred just one. Upcoming FET will transfer 2 embryos. FETs are done with medicated prep (estrace and vivelle).
[Carolinas Fertility Institute is] Small size, RE conducts all ultrasounds, very communicative, have to travel for ER and ET, no early morning hours, your surgical procedures may be conducted by Dr. Y.... $15,000 for IVF, which included ICSI, ER, all ultrasounds and monitoring, fresh transfer, freezing of all embryos for 1 year, unlimited FET of all embryos retrieved until viable pregnancy. If this does not result in a pregnancy, I will be refunded $12,000, which would pay for another IVF cycle.
How was your experience with Tolga Mesen at Carolinas Fertility Institute?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Mesen. He is easy to reach, kind, patient, and ready to explain all the minute details. On the few occasions I had a misunderstanding with a nurse or other issue, he always fixed the problem personally. His work ethic is impeccable.
Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolinas Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Maureen)
The staff is excellent, though on occasion, it would take a day or 2 longer than expected to hear back from the IVF coordinator. Generally, though, they were responsive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Carolinas Fertility Institute.
We reviewed the statistics several times. He recommended a single transfer the first time due to my age, but 2 embryos for the 2nd transfer, though he allowed me to override that decision.
+ Read more- Read less

My experience with Dr. Mesen has been great. He had to perform a surgery, and he knew my insurance wouldn't cover it at his coincidentally, so he reserves time at a local hospital. He doesn't sugarcoat things, which I appreciate. While he gives his professional input, he also let's you decide your next steps!... Dr. Mesen mentioned that he does not prefer multiple embryo transfer.
The clinic atmosphere [at Carolinas Fertility Institute] is very welcoming, which is important when you go to appointments that can be very nerve-wracking. The office personnel are professional and kind, and will always return your call if you have any questions. Dr. Mesen is very professional, yet, was able to make small talk, and crack jokes with my spouse, which was very comforting. So far, with this clinic being the second clinic I've attended, I feel confident in my choice to switch.
How was your experience with Tolga Mesen at Carolinas Fertility Institute?
I would suggest to get your preliminary paperwork in quickly, so that you will be put on a wait-list, otherwise, your initial appointment could take months.
Dr. Mesen took his time to review my charts from another clinic, and explain what makes CFI different than my previous clinic. During the consultation he took the time to perform a procedure, and I didn't at all feel rushed! While perhaps the next scheduled client was delayed, I feel like it is worth it to feel like someone is there to help while you're already there, vs. stay so strictly to his schedule.
The nursing staff were helpful, yet quiet.
Describe your experience with Carolinas Fertility Institute.
The clinic atmosphere is very welcoming, which is important when you go to appointments that can be very nerve-wracking. The office personnel are professional and kind, and will always return your call if you have any questions. Dr. Mesen is very professional, yet, was able to make small talk, and crack jokes with my spouse, which was very comforting. So far, with this clinic being the second clinic I've attended, I feel confident in my choice to switch.
Dr. Mesen mentioned that he does not prefer multiple embryo transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Mesen] is very optimistic. He takes the time to thoroughly explain procedures and you can tell he genuinely cares about his profession...We were told that IVF was our only option. He gave us hope that IUI could be attempted. He was realistic about our chances, but still remained optimistic. I always felt at ease going to see him. I loved how he took the time to explain everything to us. I never felt as though I was being rushed out the door.
The clinic [Carolinas Fertility Institute] is very busy, but scheduling is easy once you have had a consultation. I scheduled an appointment in the Winston-Salem office to avoid the 4 month wait in Charlotte. Once you have received a consult, you can be seen in any office...They [nurses] are very caring. One showed me how to use the Ovidrel shot since it was my first time. They are very friendly and will always answer questions and take time to explain things.
He’s absolutely fantastic!
Dr. Messen is very optimistic. He takes the time to thoroughly explain procedures and you can tell he genuinely cares about his profession.
I took 5 days of Clomid and went in for follicle measurements. Our first IUI was done naturally instead of using a trigger shot of Ovidrel due to a positive OPK the day before insemination. This one resulted in a negative pregnancy test. The second one we did with 5 days of Clomid and a trigger shot. Due to my ovulation from the first cycle, they adjusted the days of my ultrasounds to a day or two earlier. I got pregnant off my second round with only 4 mil sperm post wash.
They are very caring. One showed me how to use the Ovidrel shot since it was my first time. They are very friendly and will always answer questions and take time to explain things.
Describe your experience with Carolinas Fertility Institute.
The clinic is very busy, but scheduling is easy once you have had a consultation. I scheduled an appointment in the Winston-Salem office to avoid the 4 month wait in Charlotte. Once you have received a consult, you can be seen in any office.
I paid $200 for genetic testing on myself. Each IUI cost $1,000.
+ Read more- Read less
I would speak with him [Dr. Tolga Messen] about the iui's not working and it's like he was asking me obvious questions about myself. It felt like he didn't care because I didn't even matter enough for him to have my chart up when I came in for an appointment. I think a doctor should know the basics about his patients; not saying it should be memorized, but at least read up a few moments before they walk in to the appointment.
The clinic [Carolinas Fertility Institute- Charlotte] itself is very clean. Appointments can run a little behind sometimes, but overall I like it. Sometimes I would see 1 particular nurse with braids touch the "vaginal instruments " without gloves so be careful with that. I wish I would have spoke up when she did that because after she put her hands all on it they used it for my ultrasound. She was putting the condom like rubber thing over it barehanded not sanitary at all
How was your experience with Tolga Mesen at Carolinas Fertility Institute?
He just didn't seem too interested and nonchalant, but he is polite. I never felt rushed when asking a question. He made the procedure quick and I was comfortable throughout both intrauterine inseminations.
I would not go to him for iui's
I would speak with him about the iui's not working and it's like he was asking me obvious questions about myself. It felt like he didn't care because I didn't even matter enough for him to have my chart up when I came in for an appointment. I think a doctor should know the basics about his patients; not saying it should be memorized, but at least read up a few moments before they walk in to the appointment.
I would take femara 2.5mg twice a day cycle days 3-7 and ovidrel trigger around cycle day 14.
Priscilla is amazing!! Very empathetic and goes above and beyond. I wish she could be my doctor.
Describe your experience with Carolinas Fertility Institute.
The clinic itself is very clean. Appointments can run a little behind sometimes, but overall I like it. Sometimes I would see 1 particular nurse with braids touch the "vaginal instruments " without gloves so be careful with that. I wish I would have spoke up when she did that because after she put her hands all on it they used it for my ultrasound. She was putting the condom like rubber thing over it barehanded not sanitary at all

2 IUI, IVF
Dr. Mesen is very practical and not very talkative, but will take the time to answer any questions you have and is very caring towards his patients.... Very candid and straightforward, which I appreciated. Felt comfortable with him and he took the time to answer any questions or concerns each visit and would also check in on my emotional health. Felt like there wasn't enough of an explanation the first visit that we would start with IUI before completing any testing (HSG, semen analysis, etc).
Great clinic [Carolinas Fertility Institute] with very straightforward approach. I loved that it was small and everyone was very helpful and made you feel like a person and not just a number....Dr and staff were very kind and took the time to answer all questions...Dr. Mesen is very practical and not very talkative, but will take the time to answer any questions you have and is very caring towards his patients.
2 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Tolga Mesen at Carolinas Fertility Institute?
Ask any questions you have and make sure you fully understand what will happen when you leave.
Dr and staff were very kind and took the time to answer all questions
50 mg of Clomid and IUI 36 hrs after trigger. Performed twice as both times I had a good response to Clomid with 2-3 follicles and sperm count was high. Third IUI was scheduled, but I opted to move on to IVF instead.
Nursing staff was wonderful, very kind and attentive.
Describe your experience with Carolinas Fertility Institute.
Great clinic with very straightforward approach. I loved that it was small and everyone was very helpful and made you feel like a person and not just a number. Dr. Mesen is very practical and not very talkative, but will take the time to answer any questions you have and is very caring towards his patients.
$1100 per IUI, including meds
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr. Tolga Mesen] was very nice and informative. Although he was not into giving me follicle numbers. I realized going through this that I should have never stressed out about follicle numbers. He always went the right course of action. Even thought there were setbacks he also wanted this to work as bad as I did.... I was on gonal-f 375 units, menopur 75 units a night and cetrotide starting day 6 of stims. Did this for 9 days and then trigger on day 10.
[Carolinas Fertility Institute- Winston Salem was] Very clean and organize. If something changed in the schedule they will tell you right away! Nice that they have a tv and you are not bored waiting for your turn. The staff is very knowledgeable and know whats going on with their patients..... [the nursing staff were] Very compassionate and nice to talk to... I was on gonal-f 375 units, menopur 75 units a night and cetrotide starting day 6 of stims. Did this for 9 days and then trigger on day 10.
How was your experience with Tolga Mesen at Carolinas Fertility Institute?
He was very nice and informative. Although he was not into giving me follicle numbers. I realized going through this that I should have never stressed out about follicle numbers. He always went the right course of action. Even thought there were setbacks he also wanted this to work as bad as I did.
Do not care about follicle numbers and try not to get stress to overcome you.
I felt like a person that needed help. Him and his team were all very helpful and got back to you right way. He was reassuring and he kept saying I would get pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolinas Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Mandy Smith)
Very compassionate and nice to talk to
13000$

2012 - 2013
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Because I never saw the same doctor twice, I received conflicting advice on going forward with procedures.
2012 - 2013
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Tolga Mesen at UNC Fertility?
Dr. Mesen used what he described as the "standard" treatment for my diagnosis. When it didn't work, and when I had concerns about the timing (which proved to be valid) he dismissed them and declared I was too fat to get pregnant and needed bariatric surgery. Not only did he defeat my dreams of childbearing, he put a substantial dent in my self-esteem.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tolga Mesen at UNC Fertility?
Listen to your gut when you know something doesn't feel right. Advocate for yourself no matter what.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tolga Mesen at UNC Fertility?
I only saw Dr. Mesen on my first and last visit to the clinic. He never called when I had a concern. I would only receive a brief email assuring me that I was getting the highest quality care. Furthermore, I never, ever saw the same doctor twice for monitoring or procedures.
Honestly, I never got to know the nurses over the curse of more than a year under the care of the clinic.
What specific things went wrong at UNC Fertility?
UNC Fertility