Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolMcGill
ResidencyMcGill
FellowshipMcGill
9500 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44195
216-444-6601
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tomasso Falcone to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
He [Dr. Tamosso Falcone] is very honest and can be matter of fact. He does not sugar coat or give false hope. He also does not take away hope. Most improtantly he is very knowledgeable and using cutting edge treatments, attempting to find better ways to treat women with infertility, specifically those with Endometriosis.... Don't expect warmth and emotions. While he is very kind, he is also very straight forward and sticks very much to the facts.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Tomasso Falcone at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
I absolutely love Dr Falcone and would highly recommend him. No we didn't get the outcome we wanted so far, but he is not able to control that. He has done everything that he can do for us. He is very honest and can be matter of fact. He does not sugar coat or give false hope. He also does not take away hope. Most improtantly he is very knowledgeable and using cutting edge treatments, attempting to find better ways to treat women with infertility, specifically those with Endometriosis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tomasso Falcone at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Take something to write with. Be prepared with questions. Know what you are expecting and discuss that with him and know that reality and expectations may not align, but he will be honest and up front with you about that. Don't expect warmth and emotions. While he is very kind, he is also very straight forward and sticks very much to the facts.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tomasso Falcone at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center?
Everyone was nice and went out of their way to accommodate. They are very caring and empathetic.
Describe the protocols Tomasso Falcone used in your cycles at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Excision surgery, Clomid, IUI, recommended IVF, but we could. Or afford it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Susan and Mary)
I have worked a lot with 2 nurses, Susan and Mary. They are both kind, compassionate, and quick to respond. They have often called back well after normal business hours in order to answer questions or provide test results. Every staff member at Dr Falcone's office was friendly and treated us with highest regards.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Strengths: Efficiency, respectful, kind, compassionate, clean, honest, great communication (email and phone calls answered either that day or next business day). Weaknesses: Some days/ times are quite busy in the lobby. Can take some time to get registered/ signed in (arrive early).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tomasso Falcone at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Total with surgery was over $50000
Describe Tomasso Falcone's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
We were told if we did IVF that they would transfer multiple embryos. We were definitely on board with that.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
He [Dr. Tomasso Falcone] was very nice and listened to all of my questions and concerns. He was willing to try other more conservative methods before IVF. He answered my emails promptly. He allowed me to use eastern medicinal practice along with treatment...Have a list of questions and concerns when going to appointments, do research to know what is the best course of action for you I cling what you and your partner are ready and willing to try (i.e.: clomid vs IUI vs IVF). Always ask questions and for him to explain everything so you can understand.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
He was very nice and listened to all of my questions and concerns. He was willing to try other more conservative methods before IVF. He answered my emails promptly. He allowed me to use eastern medicinal practice along with treatment.
He took time to listen to my list of questions and explain everything to me.
Femara after I changed around my diet and vitamins based on my own research. After a miscarriage (first under his care) he suggested IVF with a freeze-all cycle and PGS testing. He felt that the miscarriages weren't by chance and was hopeful that the additional testing would give us answers and the best/healthiest embryos for transfer. He wanted to do a freeze-all cycle due to PCOS and to allow my body a break before transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was wonderful! They went above and beyond to make everything easier for me. The nurses explained everything to me during ultrasounds, bloodwork, etc.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
All retrievals and transfers are done at the Beachwood location. The doctors/nurses meet as a team and divide your case together each day to ensure that you are receiving the best course for your treatment. They contact you after every ultrasound, bloodwork to tell you the updated treatment plan including when to start/stop meds, etc.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Monitoring appointments were always scheduled in the morning so that all results were in by the lunch meeting that all doctors/nurses would discuss each case and determine course of action. I would always get a call in the afternoon with updates and information.
Medicine, procedures, freezing embryos, monitoring embryo growth, PGS testing, transfer, monitoring, bloodwork
He suggested eSET due to my ease at becoming pregnant with the use of Clomid or Femara. He was hopeful that I would become pregnant and stay pregnant with one vs. multiple embryos. He also explained to me the risks associated with multiple embryos.
Cleveland
[Dr. Tomasso Falcone] Always gave plenty of detail about treatment options and cause of infertility, being endometriosis. Waited patiently while my husband and I thought through things during appointments to answer our questions. Spoke to me directly after surgery to explain how it went and what was found. He was always prepared and seemed to know exactly what was going on with us at each visit.
Have questions prepared before appointments.
Time was taken to answer all of my questions, even follow up questions on the phone after appointments. I never felt like my appointments were being rushed.
Surgery for a septate uterus to remove septum to lower chances of miscarriage. During surgery, also performed laporoscopy and removed all endometriosis. 3 rounds of IUI with Clomid as I appear to be ovulating normally on my own, he didn't think anything stronger than clomid would be necessary.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Suzy and Mary)
Were very aware of how difficult this situation is and how hard it is to hear a diagnosis. Always compassionate. Talked on the phone often and always responded to my emails. Very patient and answered any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
Large hospital campus so it makes it a little hard to find parking and the correct building. I was always called early for my appointments and never had to wait more than 10 minutes. Doctor and nurses came into the room quickly.
One cycle of IUI was $495.00 includes procedure and sperm washing.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Tomasso Falcone] described everything clearly and let me know what to expect over the next few months. When I described my symptoms, he listened to each one. He gave me a few months and told me realistically what my chances were for each one. He even showed me previous results and % numbers.... I had a laparoscopy surgery to check for endometriosis.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He described everything clearly and let me know what to expect over the next few months. When I described my symptoms, he listened to each one. He gave me a few months and told me realistically what my chances were for each one. He even showed me previous results and % numbers.
Bring questions and ask away!
I was able to describe my situation and problems. He remembered them when we talked again.
I had a laparoscopy surgery to check for endometriosis.
She called a few days later to make sure I was healing good. Also, she described my before and after care very clearly.
Describe your experience with Cleveland Clinic Fertility Center.
The clinic is in a big, crowded area. Parking is in a garage and it's tight in there. Inside, it's very modern and wait times are small. Everyone is friendly and respectful of your privacy. The hospital is clean and well-staffed.
Covered by insurance for the most part.