Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish)

Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolSackler U. Tel Aviv
ResidencyLenox Hill Hosp
FellowshipCornell
300 Community Dr.
Manhasset, NY 11030
110 East 59th Street, Suite 10D
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tomer Singer to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish) to a friend?
IVF, Embryo Freezing
I feel doctor singer is very kind and professional. I think he knows what he is talking about and very educated in all things IvF. He is direct and to the point and views the process as common. Although I like Dr. Singer I feel his bedside manner is lacking. I think he could be more compassionate and make a point to see a patient more than just at scheduled procedures. I met him at my first consultations and then not again until he was needed for my procedure.
IVF, Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Be prepared to wait for ALL appointments. The scheduling is not very organized and all staff from doctors to billing to reception are overworked.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
I felt the nurses, andrologist, and sono technician were caring but over worked so the care was quick and frantic at times. They also seem to be last minute. I feel the front staff was unorganized and at times rude.
Describe the protocols Tomer Singer used in your cycles at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
I am currently in my first cycle so I am unable to provide results. We will be using my husbands sperm which was retrieved through tese surgery and frozen. I will be taking FSH injections 150 and 150 of HMG. We will then do an egg retrieval and hopefully do a fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Melissa was amazing. She herself went through Ivf so was very understanding and easy to talk to. She was sympathetic and good at communicating next steps. Unfortunately she was over worked and overloaded with patients so the care would have been even better if this were not the case. Regardless she was caring and I really like her.
Describe your experience with Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish).
The strengths of this clinic are the many locations. They have offices, 1 in manhattan, 1 in garden city, and 1 in manhasset. The nurses, andrologist, and sono technicians were all very kind caring and helpful. The nyc clinic is understaffed which makes for very long wait times. Each appointment I’ve waited atleast an hour to be seen. The front desk reception girls are over worked and thus can come off as rude. They are also not fully educated on the procedures and timelines. As a whole the office can feel frantic due to the under staffing which leads to less personal care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish).
We were partially covered under Aetna insurance. We paid a portion of blood work, sonograms, egg retrieval, and fresh transfer costs. Sperm freezing and unfreezing, sperm storage, and embryo storage were all out of pocket costs which ran us just over $5,000
Describe Tomer Singer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish).
My doctor was open to both but did not properly educate me on the reasonings.
What specific things went wrong at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Tomer suggested the use of Clomid to increase egg/ follicle size during my IUI cycles. Although he suggested IVF, he supported our decision to try IUI first. He provided what information he had it turns of financial information for IVF but still respected our decision to try IUI...Dr. Tomer Singer was extremely warm and friendly. Although he was very honest and realistic with his expectations and possible outcomes, it was done with empathy and compassion..
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Singer was very candid when meeting with my husband and i . However, he was sympathetic and kind when addressing our situation and gave us all of our options even if success rates were low. As a man, he was able to support and reassure my husband who was reluctant to receive treatment for our infertility or even attend an appointment. He consistently reassured us and gave us support during our failed cycles.
Continue to practice with care, love and compassion.
Dr. Tomer Singer was extremely warm and friendly. Although he was very honest and realistic with his expectations and possible outcomes, it was done with empathy and compassion. His office is very inviting and welcoming.
Dr. Tomer suggested the use of Clomid to increase egg/ follicle size during my IUI cycles. Although he suggested IVF, he supported our decision to try IUI first. He provided what information he had it turns of financial information for IVF but still respected our decision to try IUI. I came in and did blood work and then used the trigger shot to ovulate. Insemination was done about 36 hours post trigger shot the first cycle and about 26 hours post trigger shot the second cycle (my recollection of the timing may be off). Unfortunately both cycles did not result in pregnancy.
Nursing staff greeted you by name during visits and responded to questions or concerns in a timely fashion. They are very friendly and made you feel comfortable when asking questions or when i called to inform of failed IUI cycle.
Location and hours are extremely accessible and convenient. I was even able to reach someone during holiday hours, Christmas eve.
All IUI procedural costs were covered by my insurance except for co pays. Nursing staff assisted in locating trigger shot at a lower price since the shot was not covered by insurance.
Lenox Hill
Dr Singer was very kind and compassionate. He seemed very overworked and we would wait a long time in the waiting room to see him. But once it was our turn he spent a lot of time with us ...Rather than adjusting my protocol, he blamed the ivf not working on the fact my embryos are abnormal. He pushed for PGS but we never got enough embryos on day 5 for it to make sense finacially. It was very frustrating to go through 3 ivf cycles at 31-32 years old and be told over and over all my embryos are abnormal.
Dr Singer is a wonderful person who seems to really care about his patients. However, he thought Id be an easy case and I was far from. Rather than adjusting my protocol, he blamed the ivf not working on the fact my embryos are abnormal. He pushed for PGS but we never got enough embryos on day 5 for it to make sense finacially. It was very frustrating to go through 3 ivf cycles at 31-32 years old and be told over and over all my embryos are abnormal. When I did switch clinics, I did do PGS for the first time and 7/10 of my embryos were normal. I do not think Dr Singer was willing to look for another answer so leaving his clinic was the right choice for us.
I think this goes for any clinic and any doctor, but my advice is know when to move on. Doctor Singer was the first doctor I saw and was convinced if he did not get me pregnant, then no one could. After 3 fresh ivf cylces and 4 transfers I finally went somewhere else and did end up having a child after two ivf cycles there.
Dr Singer was very kind and compassionate. He seemed very overworked and we would wait a long time in the waiting room to see him. But once it was our turn he spent a lot of time with us and was very kind and compassionate. When I had a miscarriage he seemed upset and gave me a hug.
I was on very high doses of meds for my age. 300 gonal f, 300 menapur. I have no idea why that was my dose or rational behind it. I got 10 eggs, 13 eggs and 15 eggs during my 3 cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Gina and Amy)
The nurses were fine. No complaints. They were nice, seemed frazzled most of the time and overwhemed.
I have to think their lab is not as good as the top in the city. I believe their lab director left during my time there. Dr Singers office in NYC is small and crowded. It’s annoying to drive to Long Island for weekend monitoring and all ivf proceedures.
I did the Attain IVF money back program. That was a flat cost for 3 cycles. Money back if no success.
I transferred two embryos every time because my embryos were always poor quality. We never discusses a single transfer due to my situation.
6 Eggs Frozen
Ask a lot of questions as he [Dr. Singer] is extremely knowledgeable but initially just goes over the more general “summary”...He explained everything patiently and thoroughly. I texted him over a weekend with a question to which he responded instantly. He is very smart and has exceptional bedside manner...is always smiling and enthusiastic but also realistic about the whole process.
6 Eggs Frozen
He explained everything patiently and thoroughly. I texted him over a weekend with a question to which he responded instantly. He is very smart and has exceptional bedside manner. Dr Singer is always smiling and enthusiastic but also realistic about the whole process.
Ask a lot of questions as he is extremely knowledgeable but initially just goes over the more general “summary”
All the nurses and staff were kind, compassionate and helpful.
225 follistin, 150 menapur. Follistin was increased to 300 after 5 days. Ganarelix for 4 nights. Then the trigger of Pregnyl. Every other day for blood/sonogram the first 6 days then daily after that.
All were thorough though some felt a little inexperienced. I never felt they weren’t completely in control but they all seemed fairly young.
Strengths: I felt looked after and cared for and they were all smart and kind. Plus the procedure went well. Weakness: it’s very difficult to get a hold of people in the office if not physically there.
9,000 per cycle plus egg storage and not including medication
Manhasset
[Dr. Singer is] a nice guy, but not sure if I trust him enough to go through a cycle with him. He sounds like a car salesman more so than a doctor when he described the procedures....I waited 3 hours to see Dr. Singer. My appointment was at 10 a.m. but I didn't see him until close to 2 p.m. So NOT considerate to patients...I was very disappointed after seeing him and spoke to him during consultation.
He's a nice guy, but not sure if I trust him enough to go through a cycle with him. He sounds like a car salesman more so than a doctor when he described the procedures. He seemed to be more interested in getting more patients which equals more profit than his success rates per each patients. I was very disappointed after seeing him and spoke to him during consultation.
Don't go there!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: RaChel)
RaChel who I had spoken with during consultation was nice, but when I called to get some bloodwork results some other nurses who answered the phone was not very nice.
The wait time was way too long! I feel like they don't value patient's time. If they valued their patients time, I wouldn't have had to wait 3 hours to see Dr. Singer for a consultation on my first visit. Not to mention their front desk, no one ever answers to make an appointment or to change appointments. How frustrating!!
They were not up front about co-insurances and co-pays for genetic testing and radiological imaging tests.
Lenox Hill
Dr. Singer is very personable and warm. Always smiling and very patient. His nurse practioner Molly was also great - they treated me more like a human and not just another patient.... Dr. singer was great the couple of times I met him. He performed one of my IUIs and it was the quickest and easiest one. I do wish he would have seen me more instead of the nurse practioner but I understand he is on a super busy schedule....
Get an appt first thing in the morning or risk long wait times.
A couple of rounds of clomid but after that didn't work, we did 4 rounds of IUIs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Molly)
Molly was really friendly and patient. I really liked her. She explained things very well.
Long wait times were annoying, but staff were otherwise very friendly.
My insurance doesn't cover fertility treatments so I had to pay out of pocket what is charged.
Lenox Hill
He [Dr. Tomer Singer] is great and very detailed, but sometimes I did feel his practice was getting so big and there were too many patients for him. But when I had complications he was amazing and called to check in on the weekends and at night.... The front desk staff is great and the techs are amazing! The really treat you as a individual. Morning Apts always are on time and quick but the afternoon Apts always ran late
He is great and very detailed, but sometimes I did feel his practice was getting so big and there were too many patients for him. But when I had complications he was amazing and called to check in on the weekends and at night.
Ask a lot of questions
it is a great experience because it is such a small office and you really get to know the staff
Clomid for the iui to make me ovulate since I have pcos and then low dose of the injections for the retrieval because I was at high risk of ohss
The RNs were friendly and always available to speak. They were helpful with the injections teaching as well
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northwell Health (formerly North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Very efficient
My insurance covered 80%of each round but the drugs were expensive one round of IVF was around $6000 out of pocket
He would rather transfer one at a time but was not opposed to two