6.6

Shady Grove Fertility

Manhattan
110 E 60th St
212-203-4826

When first met he [Dr. Singer] took the time to study all our recordes/results and stated IVF w PGS will help and once we have embryos we will see by the transfer how sevire is the ednomiosis. When we had 2 losses, he said it the edno and blood issues . Recomended Gestational carrier to not loose these hard to create pgs healthy embryos. ... Used Letrozole with a 450 gonal F and 150 menupure which made more eggs and less side effects.
[Monitoring Appointments] You signed in and based on the order people came they were seen without consideration to the appointment time ... Nice renovated clinic [Northwell Health], they try to move paitents quickly in the morning, you only see the doctor if you request if not an image technion does the ultrasound. Sometime mornings are crowded can take up to 2 hours of wait. Prosidures done in Grate neck Northwell clinic, they provide a car service.
How was your experience with Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
When first met he took the time to study all our recordes/results and stated IVF w PGS will help and once we have embryos we will see by the transfer how sevire is the ednomiosis. When we had 2 losses, he said it the edno and blood issues . Recomended Gestational carrier to not loose these hard to create pgs healthy embryos.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
For me once beta shows pregnent, the doctor was very discoriging as it was on lower side and was hard to stay positive.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
When comung to visit the team is very frendly and know your name and situation.
Describe the protocols Tomer Singer used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
Care coordinator and ultrasound technishions were really nice and good, someone from the nursing calls to let you know what to do and when come back but doesnt give more information
Describe your experience with Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Nice renovated clinic, they try to move paitents quickly in the morning, you only see the doctor if you request if not an image technion does the ultrasound. Sometime mornings are crowded can take up to 2 hours of wait. Prosidures done in Grate neck Northwell clinic, they provide a car service.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
20k for each IVF cycle, bloodwork and medication not included. If wish PGS it is 2.5K separate.
Describe Tomer Singer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
He prefered multiple at my age and we wanted single, transfer was single.
What specific things went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
There was a staff change and that resulted in getting results very late or next day and the overload caused misscomunication and emailing to get things done.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr Singer was very kind and compassionate. He seemed very overworked and we would wait a long time in the waiting room to see him. But once it was our turn he spent a lot of time with us ...Rather than adjusting my protocol, he blamed the ivf not working on the fact my embryos are abnormal. He pushed for PGS but we never got enough embryos on day 5 for it to make sense finacially. It was very frustrating to go through 3 ivf cycles at 31-32 years old and be told over and over all my embryos are abnormal.
Dr Singers office [North Shore] in NYC is small and crowded. It’s annoying to drive to Long Island for weekend monitoring and all ivf proceedures....The nurses were fine. No complaints. They were nice, seemed frazzled most of the time and overwhemed..... The clinic itself was fine...Seemed understaffed and Dr Singer was running around from patient to patient to the point where he was literally sweating. He needed more help and probably a new set of eggs on my case.
Dr Singer is a wonderful person who seems to really care about his patients. However, he thought Id be an easy case and I was far from. Rather than adjusting my protocol, he blamed the ivf not working on the fact my embryos are abnormal. He pushed for PGS but we never got enough embryos on day 5 for it to make sense finacially. It was very frustrating to go through 3 ivf cycles at 31-32 years old and be told over and over all my embryos are abnormal. When I did switch clinics, I did do PGS for the first time and 7/10 of my embryos were normal. I do not think Dr Singer was willing to look for another answer so leaving his clinic was the right choice for us.
I think this goes for any clinic and any doctor, but my advice is know when to move on. Doctor Singer was the first doctor I saw and was convinced if he did not get me pregnant, then no one could. After 3 fresh ivf cylces and 4 transfers I finally went somewhere else and did end up having a child after two ivf cycles there.
Dr Singer was very kind and compassionate. He seemed very overworked and we would wait a long time in the waiting room to see him. But once it was our turn he spent a lot of time with us and was very kind and compassionate. When I had a miscarriage he seemed upset and gave me a hug.
I was on very high doses of meds for my age. 300 gonal f, 300 menapur. I have no idea why that was my dose or rational behind it. I got 10 eggs, 13 eggs and 15 eggs during my 3 cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: Gina and Amy)
I have to think their lab is not as good as the top in the city. I believe their lab director left during my time there. Dr Singers office in NYC is small and crowded. It’s annoying to drive to Long Island for weekend monitoring and all ivf proceedures.
I did the Attain IVF money back program. That was a flat cost for 3 cycles. Money back if no success.
I transferred two embryos every time because my embryos were always poor quality. We never discusses a single transfer due to my situation.
I was mostly frustrated by the results of my ivf proceedures and I think Dr Singer was too. The clinic itself was fine. Certainly not the well oiled machine the way Cornell is. Seemed understaffed and Dr Singer was running around from patient to patient to the point where he was literally sweating. He needed more help and probably a new set of eggs on my case.
Lenox Hill

[Dr. Singer is] a nice guy, but not sure if I trust him enough to go through a cycle with him. He sounds like a car salesman more so than a doctor when he described the procedures....I waited 3 hours to see Dr. Singer. My appointment was at 10 a.m. but I didn't see him until close to 2 p.m. So NOT considerate to patients...I was very disappointed after seeing him and spoke to him during consultation.
RaChel [nurse at Northwell Health] who I had spoken with during consultation was nice, but when I called to get some bloodwork results some other nurses who answered the phone was not very nice...They were not up front about co-insurances and co-pays for genetic testing and radiological imaging tests...The wait time was way too long! I feel like they don't value patient's time. If they valued their patients time, I wouldn't have had to wait 3 hours to see Dr. Singer for a consultation on my first visit. Not to mention their front desk, no one ever answers to make an appointment or to change appointments. How frustrating!!
He's a nice guy, but not sure if I trust him enough to go through a cycle with him. He sounds like a car salesman more so than a doctor when he described the procedures. He seemed to be more interested in getting more patients which equals more profit than his success rates per each patients. I was very disappointed after seeing him and spoke to him during consultation.
Don't go there!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish). (Assigned nurse: RaChel)
RaChel who I had spoken with during consultation was nice, but when I called to get some bloodwork results some other nurses who answered the phone was not very nice.
We had the hardest time getting medical records from this clinic. It took 6 and a half weeks to get them! Also, my thyroid level was not within normal range, they didn't call me about it. I found out after looking at medical records 6 and a half weeks later.

2019, 5 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Tomer Singer] was friendly, comforting and compassionate in his interactions. I felt that he did not fully explain the treatment, and what to expect. I felt that he was negative and I don’t feel that he gave me chance to get the best possible outcome that I could have had ... Push your agenda, do your research, ask questions and look for answers. ... He was friendly and compassionate in his attitude.
The clinic [Northwell Health] is well organized overall. The staff is friendly and professional. The flow of appointments and timeliness is mostly good. I have had some recurrent problems with billing, which have certainly added stress to an already stressful time. ... The monitoring was efficient and smooth. The technician was very gently and kind, which goes a long way.
He was friendly, comforting and compassionate in his interactions. I felt that he did not fully explain the treatment, and what to expect. I felt that he was negative and I don’t feel that he gave me chance to get the best possible outcome that I could have had.
Push your agenda, do your research, ask questions and look for answers.
He was friendly and compassionate in his attitude.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
The nurses were compassionate, comforting and encouraging.
The clinic is well organized overall. The staff is friendly and professional. The flow of appointments and timeliness is mostly good. I have had some recurrent problems with billing, which have certainly added stress to an already stressful time.
Copays