6.6

Shady Grove Fertility

Manhattan
110 E 60th St
212-203-4826

I love that I see him [Dr. Singer] for every visit, he is always very positive, unless there is a reason not to be, he is kind in bad news, but also very clear. He is always very matter of fact in his advice and treatment plans and is available and responsive. ... His treatment plan is based on science and facts and tailored to our needs and our results from precious cycles with other doctors. He has thoroughly reviewed all of our history and either has a great memory or refreshes himself on our case prior to all visits/calls to discuss.
The NYC office is brand new, state of the art, and beautiful. For those who do not live in the city, like myself, parking is expensive and generally in a garage because of the area of the city it is located in. The office staff is friendly and very helpful. ... Vivian is located in the Rockville office so I only speak to her over the phone and via email or through the portal. She is very responsive, compassionate and thorough. My donor coordinator is Rachel Light, who is also very responsive and helpful. When I physically am in the office I cannot remember the name of the nurse, but I have seen her every time. She is nice and thorough but as I see Dr. Singer on every visit I have formed a much stronger relationship with hin.
How was your experience with Tomer Singer at Shady Grove Fertility?
I love that I see him for every visit, he is always very positive, unless there is a reason not to be, he is kind in bad news, but also very clear. He is always very matter of fact in his advice and treatment plans and is available and responsive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tomer Singer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Be ready to feel like part of the family, he is a wonderful man.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tomer Singer at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Singer speaks to you like a person and an intelligent human being, he started off with us very basic, but as we have been going through this for many years now he now speaks to us on our level of understanding. You can tell that he truly cares and can empathize with our challenges and is confident he can assist us. His treatment plan is based on science and facts and tailored to our needs and our results from precious cycles with other doctors. He has thoroughly reviewed all of our history and either has a great memory or refreshes himself on our case prior to all visits/calls to discuss.
Describe the protocols Tomer Singer used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
We have yet to start a treatment cycle with Dr. Singer, unfortunately as we need donor eggs and all donor cycles are on hold due to COVID-19 we are in a holding pattern. We are reviewing their frozen egg bank to see if there is a suitable donor there. He has us re-do all the testing from previous clinics with much additional to determine what protocols we should use including and ERA to determine exactly how much progesterone is needed for a transfer. None of the other doctors even suggested this test, we were planning to ask our last clinic. When discussing previous treatment protocols he is very clear about what is will and won't do based on science and his overall experience, other clinics have been very open to our suggestions which made us feel like we had to do the research and be the doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Vivian Oseni - donor coordinating nurse)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tomer Singer at Shady Grove Fertility.
We have been accepted into the Shared Risk Program with Shady Grove, but as we have not yet selected a donor we have not had to pay yet. If we do a 1:1 donor with the PGT-A testing the cost will be $77k excluding medications and that will cover up to 6 donors (and all the eggs that come from them) and all transfers until we take home a live child. If we don't or choose to give up then we get the $77k back. If we do the 2:1 then it would be $53k with the same as above except we would be splitting the eggs with another couple.
Describe Tomer Singer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
He has advised us that he would be most comfortable with eSET, but open to discussing the transfer of 2 embryos. Mostly because we would like to have two children. However, he is not strongly in favor due to the risk of the embryo and myself if a twin pregnancy does occur.
Shady Grove Fertility
Manhattan
Dr. Tomer suggested the use of Clomid to increase egg/ follicle size during my IUI cycles. Although he suggested IVF, he supported our decision to try IUI first. He provided what information he had it turns of financial information for IVF but still respected our decision to try IUI...Dr. Tomer Singer was extremely warm and friendly. Although he was very honest and realistic with his expectations and possible outcomes, it was done with empathy and compassion..
Nursing staff [at North Shore] greeted you by name during visits and responded to questions or concerns in a timely fashion. They are very friendly and made you feel comfortable when asking questions or when i called to inform of failed IUI cycle...Location and hours are extremely accessible and convenient. I was even able to reach someone during holiday hours, Christmas eve...Nursing staff assisted in locating trigger shot at a lower price since the shot was not covered by insurance.
How was your experience with Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr. Singer was very candid when meeting with my husband and i . However, he was sympathetic and kind when addressing our situation and gave us all of our options even if success rates were low. As a man, he was able to support and reassure my husband who was reluctant to receive treatment for our infertility or even attend an appointment. He consistently reassured us and gave us support during our failed cycles.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Continue to practice with care, love and compassion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish)?
Dr. Tomer Singer was extremely warm and friendly. Although he was very honest and realistic with his expectations and possible outcomes, it was done with empathy and compassion. His office is very inviting and welcoming.
Describe the protocols Tomer Singer used in your cycles at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish) and their degree of success.
Dr. Tomer suggested the use of Clomid to increase egg/ follicle size during my IUI cycles. Although he suggested IVF, he supported our decision to try IUI first. He provided what information he had it turns of financial information for IVF but still respected our decision to try IUI. I came in and did blood work and then used the trigger shot to ovulate. Insemination was done about 36 hours post trigger shot the first cycle and about 26 hours post trigger shot the second cycle (my recollection of the timing may be off). Unfortunately both cycles did not result in pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Nursing staff greeted you by name during visits and responded to questions or concerns in a timely fashion. They are very friendly and made you feel comfortable when asking questions or when i called to inform of failed IUI cycle.
Describe your experience with Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tomer Singer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
All IUI procedural costs were covered by my insurance except for co pays. Nursing staff assisted in locating trigger shot at a lower price since the shot was not covered by insurance.
Lenox Hill

Tomer Singer is knowledgeable and extremely caring. I always felt like I was in good hands. He gave great advise and was sensitive to all of our concerns. He had incredible bedside manner. Could not recommend him enough!... [Eset Approach] Singer explained all the pros and cons of both. We transferred two for the first transfer and had a miscarriage. The second round we only did one transfer and it worked!
The nurses [Northwell Health] and Dr. Singer were great. I had a lot of confidence in their advise, knowledge, etc. The facility had open hours in the mornings before work and weekends out in Long Island. The provided car service to Long Island for procedures. The front of the office staff was a little flustered and disorganized.... Dr. Singer and his team were so careful and sensitive with the stresses of infertility and their treatment. They were also all very patient. I never felt like a number.
Book far in advance. Know how aggressive you want to be with treatment. I would fully understand the pros and cons of each procedure before proceeding.
We started with hormone injectables, went thru IUI's and then progressed to IVF. IVF was successful after the 2nd time around.
Compassionate and knowledgeable. Many of the nurses were familiar with IVF from personal experience.
The nurses and Dr. Singer were great. I had a lot of confidence in their advise, knowledge, etc. The facility had open hours in the mornings before work and weekends out in Long Island. The provided car service to Long Island for procedures. The front of the office staff was a little flustered and disorganized.
We had to pay all costs - $25 - $30K
Describe Tomer Singer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Tomer Singer] is great and very detailed, but sometimes I did feel his practice was getting so big and there were too many patients for him. But when I had complications he was amazing and called to check in on the weekends and at night.... The front desk staff is great and the techs are amazing! The really treat you as a individual. Morning Apts always are on time and quick but the afternoon Apts always ran late
He [Dr. Tomer Singer] is great and very detailed, but sometimes I did feel his practice was getting so big and there were too many patients for him. But when I had complications he was amazing and called to check in on the weekends and at night.... The front desk staff [at North Shore Long Island Jewish] is great and the techs are amazing! The really treat you as a individual. Morning Apts always are on time and quick but the afternoon Apts always ran late
He is great and very detailed, but sometimes I did feel his practice was getting so big and there were too many patients for him. But when I had complications he was amazing and called to check in on the weekends and at night.
Ask a lot of questions
it is a great experience because it is such a small office and you really get to know the staff
Clomid for the iui to make me ovulate since I have pcos and then low dose of the injections for the retrieval because I was at high risk of ohss
The RNs were friendly and always available to speak. They were helpful with the injections teaching as well
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Northwell Health (FKA North Shore Long Island Jewish).
Very efficient
My insurance covered 80%of each round but the drugs were expensive one round of IVF was around $6000 out of pocket
He would rather transfer one at a time but was not opposed to two