Tony Tsai

Flushing
42-31 Colden Street
Flushing, NY 11355
718-460-1203
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tony Tsai to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%6

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend New York Fertility Center to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%6
When he [Dr. Tsai] read the results of the semen analysis to my husband, my husband was devastated. Dr. Tsai noticed, but instead of just saying ok have a good day, he proceeded to make my husband feel better and that we still had a chance. On the day of my egg retrieval, he started off by being really positive saying, "Today is the big day, everything looks good, and we are hoping for the best!" Even after the treatment was over and unsuccessful, he showed genuine concern as to why it didn't work and went over options including recommending a grant.
How was your experience with Tony Tsai at New York Fertility Center?
Dr. Tony Tsai was very knowledgeable. He's been in practice for a long time and seems to be up on the latest news of infertility. When he read the results of the semen analysis to my husband, my husband was devastated. Dr. Tsai noticed, but instead of just saying ok have a good day, he proceeded to make my husband feel better and that we still had a chance. On the day of my egg retrieval, he started off by being really positive saying, "Today is the big day, everything looks good, and we are hoping for the best!" Even after the treatment was over and unsuccessful, he showed genuine concern as to why it didn't work and went over options including recommending a grant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tony Tsai at New York Fertility Center?
He speaks very fast so pay attention. No matter how busy he is if there is something you don't understand, ask. Also, expect long wait times.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tony Tsai at New York Fertility Center?
Some of the appointments felt rushed because of the number of patients waiting, but for the short amount of time you had to talk with the doctor, he gave his full attention.
Describe the protocols Tony Tsai used in your cycles at New York Fertility Center and their degree of success.
He started me on a short cycle, so I had no injections/medicine prior to my day 3 appointment. He started me on a low dosage of Gonal-F, but when my follicles weren't showing growth he upped the dosage and changed the injection site from sub-cutaneous to intra-muscular. The number of follicles tripled, but growth was still slow so then he added menopur. My follicles finally started to grow, but he was afraid I would ovulate before the treatment so he added ganirelix to keep me regulated. They also gave me a strict list of foods/drinks to stay away from, as well as a pill/vitamin regiment. After retrieval the only injection was progesterone.
He has quite a large staff, but the nurses I saw the most were Noel at his Flushing location. The other nurse at his Manhattan office is also very nice and very good at returning calls, but I can't remember her name. I saw Noel as much as the doctor himself. He's very quiet, calm, and direct. The sono tech (I think her name was Joanne) had an awesome personality and Jenny was also great (she did my bloodwork, assisted the doctor in procedures, and many other roles).
Describe your experience with New York Fertility Center.
The waiting room is quite small so if they are busy expect to stand. Sometimes the front desk area seems chaotic because they are running around trying to get everything done. My biggest issues were the wait times, not only in the waiting room but also how late my procedures took place after the original appointment time. Dr. Tsai is the only RE so I believe that's what causes the wait to be so much worse than a practice that involves a team of MD's.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tony Tsai at New York Fertility Center.
Dr. Tsai has package plans available if you are paying out-of-pocket and loan options through a third-party financial co. We paid out-of-pocket because our insurance didn't cover IVF and we didn't want to pay a loan with interest. Our fresh transfer cycle was $14,000. This included all monitoring, injectable meds, egg retrieval, and transfer, anesthesia, and ICSI. Basically, it covered everything but the vitamins and the prescription pills for in-between monitoring appointments.
Describe Tony Tsai's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New York Fertility Center.
Dr. Tsai didn't recommend an eSET. I also didn't have a choice in the matter as I only had one viable embryo. He makes the decision based on the case.
Tony Tsai
New York Fertility Center

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Tony Tsai at New York Fertility Center.