Torie Plowden

FellowshipNIH
Fort Bragg
2817 Reilly Rd
Fort Bragg, NC 28307
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Torie Plowden to a friend?
Don't recommend: 100%0

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Womack Army Medical Center to a friend?
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Plowden at first wanted to know the underlying cause of things. I did get a laparoscopy, before she did warn me that I may lose both my tubes because in the HSG they both looked blocked. I woke up from surgery and I kept them both and they were both open. I felt as though she never wanted to repeat tests such as HSGs or SAs for my husband so we did unnecessary surgeries or took unnecessary prescriptions...I was put on lupron Depot for 3 months, it took 6 months for my cycle to return. She felt that it would help my endo, fibroids, and there was a question of me having adenomyosis. During that time my husband was put on clomid. We had to fight to get SAs our in for his process.
[The nurses at Womack Army Medical Center] treated us like we were a number...When I originally went in I was there for my cycles and trying to get the flow under control, I had 3 people ask me at this appt if I was here to get an IUD. Which was frustrating...We would pay out of pocket for all ART procedures, they would have us go off base to the Fayetteville Fertility Clinic for sperm washes and IVF procedures...Making appointments is overly complicated, they have a specific IVF cell phone that one person manages. They turn this phone off between IVF cycles. Strengths would be that they get their lab results faster that anyone else. Weaknesses, their communication between each other and each visit is lacking.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Torie Plowden at Womack Army Medical Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Torie Plowden at Womack Army Medical Center?
Know your body and information before seeing her. Know your questions and make sure they are answered.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Torie Plowden at Womack Army Medical Center?
With the Womack fertility clinic I feel that if you aren’t paying for IVF right now and you have other underlying factors then you are pushed aside and your treatment and focus is minimal.
Describe the protocols Torie Plowden used in your cycles at Womack Army Medical Center and their degree of success.
I was put on lupron Depot for 3 months, it took 6 months for my cycle to return. She felt that it would help my endo, fibroids, and there was a question of me having adenomyosis. During that time my husband was put on clomid. We had to fight to get SAs our in for his process. After Lupron, I had a laparoscopy because my HSG (before taking lupron) showed that my tubes were blocked. Results came back with no blockage, and fibroid was smaller. She decided to switch my husband to femara for 3 months because clomid was not reacting well with him. During that time she was MIA, I ended up making an appointment 2 months in for myself because I had been spotting for 2 weeks (which is very abnormal for me, my cycles are every 32 days and they are heavy), she did a pregnancy test and told me that sometimes it can happen. At this appt she went over my husband’s last labs with me (that he did over a month ago) and told me his count was up but motility was still 8%, his LFH was high and she recommended he stopped taking his meds. She said she would not let us do IUI with 7 being out total motal count and that was it.
They treated us like we were a number as well. When I originally went in I was there for my cycles and trying to get the flow under control, I had 3 people ask me at this appt if I was here to get an IUD. Which was frustrating.
Describe your experience with Womack Army Medical Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Torie Plowden at Womack Army Medical Center.
The prescriptions and visits were covered with insurance. We would pay out of pocket for all ART procedures, they would have us go off base to the Fayetteville Fertility Clinic for sperm washes and IVF procedures
What specific things went wrong at Womack Army Medical Center?
Torie Plowden