Kaiser Permanente SoCal

Doctor available by emailNurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolMichigan State U
ResidencyGood Samaritan Regional Medical Center
Fellowship Stanford U Medical Center
Fontana
9961 Sierra Ave ,
Fontana, CA 92335
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Tracey Telles to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kaiser Permanente SoCal to a friend?
Dr. Telles is so sympathetic of your situation and she really makes you feel like this could work. She changes up the protocol appropriately and likes to try new things before giving up.... I was feeling defeated after 5 failed IUI's and she said she still thought it could work and that IVF is not the only answer. It was reassuring and made me feel better. She is easy to talk to.... One IUI cycle the donor sperm count was low but she still made me feel good about that cycle.
How was your experience with Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Dr. Telles is excellent. She doesn't work many hours though because she has 2 young kids at home, so as a patient at Kaiser - San Ramon you don't see her that often. She is very sympathetic though and changes the course of action for a successful outcome. I was feeling defeated after 5 failed IUI's and she said she still thought it could work and that IVF is not the only answer. It was reassuring and made me feel better. She is easy to talk to.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
I would suggest they don't get too attached to her because they'll end up seeing other doctors at this clinic. But that she is excellent and follow her advice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Describe the protocols Tracey Telles used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente NorCal and their degree of success.
Tracy performed two of my IUI's. One IUI cycle the donor sperm count was low but she still made me feel good about that cycle. It did not work. She suggested for the next cycle doing two injections of gonal-f again, but tapering down to one injection after 3 days so that I don't produce too many follicles. We will be using her protocol on my next IUI.
The nursing staff is excellent! They're on top of their stuff and very organized. They've never made a mistake with my paperwork or results.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
Kaiser - San Ramon is a good clinic. I think they could use a few more doctor's because the doctor's seem a bit overworked but all in all I would highly recommend it. It's in a convenient location and the hours work well for people's schedules. I would suggest they open on Sunday's so patient's IUI's aren't limited to only Monday-Saturday.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
I pay a $10 deductive for IUI's, ultrasounds, HSG, Saline ultrasound's, etc. I only pay $25 for injectables medications, and my blood work is free. My infertility coverage is great until I move onto IVF, and then everything is out of pocket.
Describe Tracey Telles's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
She believes in eSET. Kaiser does not suggest multiple embryo transfers.
Kaiser Permanente NorCal
Fremont
Tracy Telles is very compassionate through all visits. She cares about your emotions during this process... She also tries different combinations of meds if the current ones are not working. She is open to switching them every cycle if it is needed, hoping that one combo will finally be the right one...She also administers IUI procedures with minimal pain. I’ve had other doctors perform my IUI and they have hurt me, but Telles is very gentle and quick.
How was your experience with Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Tracy Telles is very nice and compassionate. She cares about your emotions throughout this stressful and sometimes heartbreaking process. She also administers IUI procedures with minimal pain. I’ve had other doctors perform my IUI and they have hurt me, but Telles is very gentle and quick. She also tries different combinations of meds if the current ones are not working. She is open to switching them every cycle if it is needed, hoping that one combo will finally be the right one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Ask her all of the questions that are on your mind. She’s very open to answering all of them to make sure you’re not left wondering anything.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the protocols Tracey Telles used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
She initially prescribed me clomid and an ovidrel shot to use before an IUI procedure. I have late ovulation and therefore a short luteal cycle which the ovidrel was supposed to help with. After developing cysts from the meds, she switched me to femara and the ovidrel shot before IUI. Next, since nothing has worked so far, she put me on femara with menpur shots daily for three days and then the ovidrel shot before IUI. Waiting to see what will happen next.
They’re very friendly and always try to say positive things to keep me hopeful.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Kaiser is not open on weekends so sometimes I worry that the procedures are not working because they try to do them too soon or too late for what my body really needs. It’s also hard to schedule appointments since they only have one person taking calls and scheduling and they are only open from 8:30-4:30. It’s difficult to schedule with work hours being the same.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I have health coverage through work so it’s around $30 copay for each visit (around 3-4 each month) and then around $200 for meds and shots.
Kaiser Permanente SoCal
Fontana
Although Dr. Telles was very compassionate, she gave me false hope. With my initial consult, she suggested just doing an IUI and practically guaranteed that would work. A year and a couple months later and I’m still not pregnant. After asking a second doctor to look over my lab results, I found out I have a mild form of PCOS. I should have gone straight to IVF without wasting time, money, or heartbreak on IUI.... She had me try both clinics and femara for different cycles with an ovidrel shot and IUI.
How was your experience with Tracey Telles at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Get a second opinion if you’re not pregnant within three cycles.
Dr. Telles was very nice and compassionate, acknowledging this as a very emotional journey.
Very friendly and always try to give the patients hope.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente NorCal.
Strength is really only for if your insurance is through then specifically and covers some of the meds by them. That’s why I went to them. I didn’t have coverage for any other facility. Weakness is that they are a corporation and don’t seem like they really care about getting you pregnant. They just follow standard protocols without really looking into you as an individual or your specific needs.
My insurance covered most of the meds and the appointments. It was a $30 copay for any visit for the ultrasounds and procedure for iui. Meds were about $200-300 a cycle.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente NorCal?
Kaiser Permanente NorCal