Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolWest Virginia U.
ResidencyU. of Louisville
FellowshipU. of Louisville
Asheville
123 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, SC 28803
(828)-210-8284
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Travis McCoy to a friend?

5.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group to a friend?
Dr. McCoy was very responsive to my questions and needs. He was understanding of the restrictions of my job and worked with me to make my appointments and cycles work (ie phone visits when I could not make office visits). He is very honest about the difficulties we face and is willing to discuss the details of treatments so that I and my husband fully understand...Be sure and ask questions about how your treatment plan s tailored to you. Dr. McCoy is great at explaining this!
How was your experience with Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He is understanding, compassionate and honest about the difficulties we face with conceiving. He is easy to get a hold of when needed and responsive to all questions/concerns. He is understanding of the restrictions of my job and works with me to make my cycles possible while continuing to work.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Describe the protocols Travis McCoy used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
IVF cycle: I have low ovarian reserve so my injection dosages where adjusted to try and stimulate as many follicles as possible. My husband unfortunately does not produce sperm so when he underwent testicular exploration to look for sperm, Dr. McCoy advised us to have a backup donor for my IVF cycle. I was closely monitored throughout the cycle with ultrasounds and my retrieval date was moved forward based on my progress. Unfortunately, our single fertilized egg arrested so I could not undergo embryo transfer. IUI: I was placed on high dose and prolonged course of letrozole in conjunction with Gonal F injection x3. Once again this was for my low ovarian reserve and trying to stimulate follicles. My first IUI was unsuccessful and I just completed my second insemination.
Very accessible and responsive to questions. Extremely understanding and supportive of me and my husband. I usually see the same nurses at each visit which is great for putting me at ease.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Welcoming and kind staff. They are very responsive to questions and promptly return any calls. The clinic itself is very calming and quiet. I have had visits at both the Columbia ad Greenville clinic and think both are great! My advice to a new patient would be to be on time to appointments as they are very prompt. Oftentimes, you are called back for lab draws, nurses visits, etc within 5-10 minutes of arrival. This is great for scheduling your day and keeping your life on time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
My insurance covers much of my fertility treatment costs. Office visit copays are usually less than $50. My IVF cycle was ~$4K upfront and IVF medications were ~$6K. I pay nearly nothing for the IUI cycles.
Describe Travis McCoy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Columbia

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
Dr McCoy was extremely knowledgeable about endometriosis and my chances of conception. He was very kind and not at all condescending while explaining what was happening to me hormonally. He reassured me with a plan of action that he wrote down for me to follow, including hormonal medications and drawings of what my uterus was going through vs where we want it to be. He gently informed me I’ll eventually need more surgery and explained that he doesn’t take my insurance but that it might pay to just buy a plan for 1 month to make it at least somewhat affordable, since no other surgeon in this area is quite as specialized as him when it comes to good endometriosis removal results. I walked out of the room feeling well informed, cared for, and in control.
European, Middle Eastern, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
Bring a notebook!
Dr McCoy was extremely thorough & answered all my questions in an informative, concise, yet gentle manner. He was very sensitive as is the subject at hand, which I felt was very appropriate. It was nice to be treated in a considerate kind way while also having all my concerns addressed.
He said I don’t need to come back until the moment we are ready to start trying
They are generally wonderful. But I did have an issue with one of the nurses not looking at my chart thoroughly before speaking with me, and made many assumptions about my situation which turned out to not be the case. She told me that my AMH levels were very low, so we “shouldn’t wait a year” to start trying. She said the doctor would explain it more once I came in for an ultrasound on the second day of my period. So I called back on the first day of my period to schedule something, and after speaking with the doctor, another nurse informed me that my endometriosis surgery scarring and the endometriosis itself was most likely the culprit for my AMH results, and that I didn’t need an ultrasound at all. The woman had just assumed I was already trying when we haven’t even gotten started yet. I was planning on finishing my last year of graduate school for social work, since I’m physically limited due to multiple extensive spinal fusions and chronic pain, i won’t have the energy time or capacity to finish it once a child arrives. But based on what the first nurse told me, I decided to pull out of the program until we sort out what’s going on. So it turns out I delayed for no reason, which is extremely frustrating.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The office is very organized and the staff is very kind. The waiting area is lovely and clean, and the wait isn’t long at all. The paperwork isn’t bad either. They also have plenty of magazines, so it’s sort of kid-friendly as well.
He said I can’t afford his endometriosis surgery with my insurance that he doesn’t take, and suggested I buy some if I want to see him for the surgery. He has the best results in the area and I don’t want to have to travel out of state.
Greenville

We only met with Dr. McCoy once because we're just beginning infertility treatment. He identified and conducted a surgery that helped with our unique situation (my wife has two ovaries) and we'd have no complaints about the results.... Looking at all our factors, age, endometriosis, two ovaries, etc. Dr. McCoy looked at all options outside of IVF to give us a chance and was very helpful at giving us percentages. Based on our previous experiences, he made helpful recommendations and the pros and cons of whether to move forward with IVF or not. I appreciate his open mind.
We only met with Dr. McCoy once because we're just beginning infertility treatment. He identified and conducted a surgery that helped with our unique situation (my wife has two ovaries) and we'd have no complaints about the results. However we're just about to begin IVF so not sure what the future holds for us!
Ask questions! Leave with a plan in place.
He took the time to document all the factors to our situation, things we can do to help those factors and how reasonable it was to do them. He answered all of my prying questions :)
The system for billing as pre-payment and dealing with insurance has been a difficult process. One of our visits wasn't billed to insurance and we had to correct that.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I would recommend that you make sure you have already thought through your questions and have an idea of what you're wanting. It's good to have an open mind, but have a conversation about how far you're willing to go (IVF, egg donor, etc.) and have some questions written down so that you have a direction to take when meeting with the doctor.
We've just begun the process. It does seem like the charges are high for some appointments, but obviously they factor in that insurance will reduce it.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Travis McCoy] was very knowledgeable in my medical concerns and gave his honest opinion of what treatment he thinks will work best. He wasn’t pushy with his recommendation and wasn’t irritated or annoyed with my notebook full of questions.... We then started with letrozole once it was determined I was t ovulating due to irregular periods. An HSG was preformed to ensure my fallopian gives weren’t blocked and it was confirmed they were open and my uterus appeared in good shape. I took letrozole for four cycles with timed intercourse. A trigger shot was administered on the third cycle. We took a break this month and will try again in December.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
He was very knowledgeable in my medical concerns and gave his honest opinion of what treatment he thinks will work best. He wasn’t pushy with his recommendation and wasn’t irritated or annoyed with my notebook full of questions.
To be open minded and positive. Infertility is a sensitive issue. Trust his judgement but also listen to your gut. You know your body better than anyone else.
I don’t feel rushed during our appointments and he is very thorough with his explanations
When we first met we had to test out my hug from my ectopic. We then started with letrozole once it was determined I was t ovulating due to irregular periods. An HSG was preformed to ensure my fallopian gives weren’t blocked and it was confirmed they were open and my uterus appeared in good shape. I took letrozole for four cycles with timed intercourse. A trigger shot was administered on the third cycle. We took a break this month and will try again in December. We have not fallen pregnant yet but we are extremely hopeful
They are very helpful and friendly. They greet me with a smile and always ask how they can assist me. They are a great support for the doctors
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are friendly and provide great customer service. They are sensitive to the issues and make you feel comfortable and like a person and not a number. The way their phone system is set up can be annoying. You have to leave a message for the nurses line anytime you need something. They listen to the voicemails and call you back in the order of which the call was received. Sometimes however it can take a few hours for them to get back with you which can be extremely frustrating
We are currently $2000 or so in and have more treatments since we are not yet pregnant

Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. McCoy met with me individually, with my partner, explained and wrote things out. He spoke to us with care and concern, expressing his feelings about what could or could not happen. He was very direct and open, which is something I prefer. I appreciated knowing every little detail...He also used paper to draw things out to clarify even more, to be sure my partner and I understood everything in front of us.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. McCoy was very detailed, showed his experience in his field, explained in detail about the process and what to expect, good or bad. He also used paper to draw things out to clarify even more, to be sure my partner and I understood everything in front of us.
Lay it all out for him. Tell him EXACTLY what you want.
I do not remember the exact protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Megan was AMAZING!! After meeting me for the first time, she instantly built a great rapport with me and made me feel so comfortable. I suffer with anxiety, so she made me feel so calm and at ease. Megan cared for me each time I had an appointment. She would even come out into the lobby to talk to me until I was called back, then go to meet me in back. We have a phenomenal relationship and I hope to get an opportunity to try again just to see Megan!
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
This clinic is very clean, spacious, neat, plenty of parenting items to read, pictures of past patients & their babies; which is such a joy to see. I love the atmosphere there. Front desk staff are very nice and genuine, being sure to take care of you as soon as you walk in. The bathrooms are always clean, something we all want at a doctor's office. The rooms are always very neat, clean, and prepared for the patient. Last but not least, check out is a breeze. Everyone smiles, they know you by first name, and it's always a pleasure to visit.
The cost for the IUI was expensive for me, but I TRULY want to be a mother so I used my savings to pay for it out of pocket because my insurance doesn't cover it. Also, the donor sperm is much more expensive. I have 2 best friends that I have been previously sexually active with years ago, that agreed to be my sperm donor, but I'm not very clear on what happened with that. It would have been more cost efficient for me.

2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I liked Dr. McCoy as a person and a doctor, but I didn't feel he was super aggressive about treating my infertility, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. He allowed my husband and I to steer the course through our fertility treatments, but a little more guidance may have been helpful at times... At 75% of my appointments/procedures I saw a different doctor or a nurse, but I was never told before I came that he wouldn't be present.
2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, Unexplained
If you want to actually see Dr. McCoy at a visit, make sure to request that. At 75% of my appointments/procedures I saw a different doctor or a nurse, but I was never told before I came that he wouldn't be present.
I felt like he was very present during our appointments, but he didn't necessarily remember me or the specifics of my case from one appointment to the next.
We used Femara on its own for several cycles. My previous doctor had only used Clomid, so he wanted to see how I responded to Femara. We did four cycles of IUI with the injectables, but no Femara, as he said the Femara would not make a difference. All cycles failed.
I saw several different nurses during my years of treatment at PREG, and they ranged quite a bit. All were nice and professional, but some seemed much more "equipped" for dealing with infertility issues that others. I had two instances where a nurse performed the IUI instead of a doctor, and neither went very well. The first took almost 25 minutes to complete, because of my weird anatomy, and was very painful during and for a long time after. The last IUI I got at PREG was performed by a nurse, who actually couldn't complete it and had to get a doctor to finish the procedure. That one also took about 30 minutes, but while it was uncomfortable, it wasn't as painful as the first.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I feel like the doctors are a strength, but it's hard to know when you'll see your doctor, so most of the time you'll be dealing with the staff. The front desk staff doesn't seem to be trained in compassion for infertility issues. Also, their "financial counselors" are a joke. I made an appointment to find out my cost for an IVF, brought all of my insurance information. She couldn't tell me any exact costs on anything, and the range of costs to us was so broad that I might as well have just googled "how much does an IVF cost". I can't make a financial decision without any real information, so I decided not to move forward with the treatment with this clinic. The doctors do frequent seminars about infertility and treatments, and if you attend they give you a $250 gift certificate, but I was never able to use mine because they don't accept it toward most of the costs not covered by my insurance, and it expired before it was applicable toward any of my bills, and they absolutely would not extend the expiration date.
The costs I incurred were reasonable for the treatments received.
Columbia

Dr McCoy was always personable and eager to answer all of our questions. He was super knowledgeable - especially about male fertility and sperm retrieval processes (which we had to utilize due to my husbands nerve damage). He was very caring and spoke to use using lay-terms, not medical terms we didn't understand.... Dr McCoy and his staff were very welcoming and understanding of our fertility situation. He gave us hope of having a family of our own. They took the time to learn about our history and what we wanted.
Don't be afraid to ask questions - this was all new to us and he was very patient with us and our million questions!
My husband had to have a sperm retrieval procedure. Then I was put on a series of hormone injections to produce a usable number of eggs (I have PCOS, so my number of eggs was never a problem). The eggs were removed and embryo's were developed. Due to my increased level of hormones still in my system, the viable embryos (3) were frozen until my next menstrual cycle. I was then implanted with the 2 most viable embryo's - both of which were successful! I successfully carried 2 girls until the week 20 - when I went into labor. Both girls were born vaginally, but neither survived.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: I can't remember - but she was amazing!)
The entire staff at PREG was amazing. They were all compassionate and understanding. When the egg monitoring ultrasounds were painful (I had an ovary that liked to hide) - the nurse held my hand. With all of the blood draws, the monitoring, the planning sessions - we were there a lot. And everyone knew our names and our situation.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The team is very knowledgeable and very, very compassionate. They take the time to know their patients and cultivate relationships. As your planning your family - they feel like an extension of your family.
Total cost was about $15,000 for sperm removal procedure, egg retrieval, embryo development and embryo transfer - and ALL medications for both me and my husband.
We requested both viable embryo's be transferred due to our age - we wanted a better chance of implantation.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
When we first started at PREG with Dr McCoy we left feeling very positive however every visit thereafter I feel like they were less than thrilled to see us, never remembered us by name and sometimes we had appointments two or three times a week. My medication pretty much remained the same every cycle with no success cycle after cycle, when asked about moving to the next step of IUI was told it was not much different than doing what we were already doing, but if we wanted we could give it a try. I had to ask for labs to be drawn for my AMH and FSH levels and base line labs. Unfortunately after 10 failed cycles and real no explanation as to why, we decided to seek treatment elsewhere.
Ask every question you can possibly think of, be an advocate of your infertility.
When we had our first meeting with Dr McCoy it was a positive experience however from there on out, he never remembered our situation or mine or my husbands names. He had to pull up and review our chart every time he saw us.
I was started on femara only then after a few cycles of no success the trigger shot ovidrel was added then after a few cycles of no success prednisone was added. Unfortunately none of my cycles ended with success. He diagnosed me with PCOS, tubal blockage and anoovulation. The femara was to due to anoovulation the prednisone was for the PCOS and the ovidrel was to make me ovulate.
Every time I was seen it was mostly by a different nurse or NP, they would ask the same questions multiple times during my appointments which made me question if they were even listening to what I was saying.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Scheduling is very easy and they work with you on appointment times. The billing office/financial office is very difficult to deal with and can get very rude when questioned as to why your bill is the amount it is. Holly at the Columbia office is very un compassionate and rude.
Follicle scan was $182 consultation was $150 all my medications were bought at my local pharmacy or through freedom fertility pharmacy

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other
He [Dr. Travis McCoy] always takes time with me to explain things well and help me weigh my options !... He discovered something in my uterus and a hysteroscopy was performed in October to remove it. He also did blood work that very day to diagnose me with low ovarian function and Antiphospholipid syndrome which is a blood clotting disorder...After experiencing a fee more negatives he had my husband's sample tested. After it was discovered my husband was fine- he is advising me to have a consultation on IVF due to suspicion that I may have low egg quality due to my miscarriage history and the fact that while the medicine produces multiple follicles -i have still be unable to get pregnant. I still owe all the diagnosis that I have received to him.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other
My doctor has been forthcoming with me about everything I am up against and has dotted every "I" and crossed every "t." So far I have had surgery under him, he has diagnosed me with several issues that allow him to know how to treat me, and he has explained very well my next steps that are leading me toward IVF.
He is a wonderful doctor!
He always takes time with me to explain things well and help me weigh my options !
Upon my first appointment in September of 2016, after having had a second miscarriage (and my regular OB didn't even check to make sure everything was cleared)...After just fifteen min of talking to me he knew something wasn't right and did a vaginal ultrasound that very day. He discovered something in my uterus and a hysteroscopy was performed in October to remove it. He also did blood work that very day to diagnose me with low ovarian function and Antiphospholipid syndrome which is a blood clotting disorder. Once I was cleared from my hysteroscopy...I started letrozol rounds in November . I did produce follicles ....But in January after two negative rounds he added injections of Ovedrel to my regimin. After experiencing a fee more negatives he had my husband's sample tested. After it was discovered my husband was fine- he is advising me to have a consultation on IVF due to suspicion that I may have low egg quality due to my miscarriage history and the fact that while the medicine produces multiple follicles -i have still be unable to get pregnant. I still owe all the diagnosis that I have received to him. My regular OB told me I was fine and that I would have to go through another miscarriage before they would even test me via bloodwork ! I am glad I know what I am up against now !!
I honestly haven't seen any weaknesses .They are kind , understanding , they always return my calls and stay on the phone with me until I understand fully.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
This clinic is great about doing contests and offering discounts. The staff is always nice and knowledgeable.
I don't want to list costs ....But in my state infertility treatments (ivf, etc) are not covered by insurance. The best thing is that when I have an appointment I pay my co pay and that covers whatever my doctor does that visit whether it is an ultrasound or bloodwork. There are no extra fees and I like that . The office is great about doing discounts too
Asheville

IUI, 1 IVF
I appreciated that he [Dr. Travis McCoy] didn't automatically start us off with just timed intercourse. He acknowledged that we'd been trying for a while on Clomid which had been prescribed by my OBGYN. He first prescribed a different fertility drug (which I can't remember the name of now... I think it started with an F.) Both my husband and I underwent testing (I did a procedure to check for blockages in my tubes and my husband had his sperm examined) to make sure nothing was immediately clear as a problem. When we checked out as all good, he was very compassionate about our frustration on not knowing why we weren't getting pregnant. When the fertility drug didn't yield results he recommended we move on to IUI. He was very realistic about our chances and maximizing "bang for our bucks." I think we did 4 or 5 rounds of IUI before we moved on to IVF. We did fertility drugs (I can't remember the names) to increase my egg production. Lots of monitoring to make sure things were progressing properly. Egg retrieval yielded about 8-10 viable eggs, I think. We ended up only transferring 1 egg and that resulted in a to-term pregnancy. I also had the follow-up drugs of progesterone, starting with the injections. When those proved to be too painful for me to function, Dr. McCoy recommended Crinone which although much more expensive proved effective.
IUI, 1 IVF
From the first consultation with Dr. McCoy, he listened and was very realistic. I remember him drawing diagrams to help us better understand what may be happening and what to expect. Due to my schedule and his in office schedule, I didn't see him as often as I saw the other doctors in the practice but I was always happy when it worked out that our schedules aligned. One of the best memories I have is after we had our daughter, I was able to bring her to meet him in the office. I wondered if we'd be just another brick in the wall, so to speak, but he was so genuinely happy to meet and hold my daughter. It was such a proud moment for me to be able to show him our hard work paid off.
Be vulnerable. He will be compassionate and help you with gentleness and discretion.
Dr. McCoy was very compassionate and took the time to make sure my husband and I understood what we were up against. He explained things thoroughly.
It's been a while so I don't remember exact dosages but I appreciated that he didn't automatically start us off with just timed intercourse. He acknowledged that we'd been trying for a while on Clomid which had been prescribed by my OBGYN. He first prescribed a different fertility drug (which I can't remember the name of now... I think it started with an F.) Both my husband and I underwent testing (I did a procedure to check for blockages in my tubes and my husband had his sperm examined) to make sure nothing was immediately clear as a problem. When we checked out as all good, he was very compassionate about our frustration on not knowing why we weren't getting pregnant. When the fertility drug didn't yield results he recommended we move on to IUI. He was very realistic about our chances and maximizing "bang for our bucks." I think we did 4 or 5 rounds of IUI before we moved on to IVF. We did fertility drugs (I can't remember the names) to increase my egg production. Lots of monitoring to make sure things were progressing properly. Egg retrieval yielded about 8-10 viable eggs, I think. We ended up only transferring 1 egg and that resulted in a to-term pregnancy. I also had the follow-up drugs of progesterone, starting with the injections. When those proved to be too painful for me to function, Dr. McCoy recommended Crinone which although much more expensive proved effective.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
I love the doctors at PREG but I ADORED THE NURSES. They were beyond caring, helpful, and kind. They were so thorough and responsive. Whenever I had a question that I thought was silly, they made me feel comfortable asking, and validated me at every step on the way.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I had a really positive experience with PREG and would definitely recommend them to a friend. In fact, I have recommended them to some very dear friends who in turn also have a baby due to this group's intervention. They ended up not needing the same extent of treatment as we did but I believe they had a positive experience as well.
I don't remember exact numbers but it was probably something like $10,000.
Dr. McCoy was not the physician who did the transfer but his take on single embryo transfer for our situation aligned with our wishes and I was glad we all agreed.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Travis McCoy] was so caring but at the same time realistic. When he felt it was no longer a good option for our goal of becoming pregnant he would tell us. He would still give us the option to continue what we were doing or to move to the next step. I would never question if he was wanting us to change due to he could make more money.... e was was there a doctor,as well as, a support person. When I would leave crying after any further complications or bad news he was there to help me through what ever was going on at the time. When we decided it was time to step away from infertility treatments for a while he supported us and promised he would do anything to help us when we were ready to return. I would recommend him to anyone and have recommended him to many people since, who have all felt the same.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I went to him because I had heard nothing but great reviews. I worked as a high risk obstetric nurse and my patients spoke the world of him. When my husband and I decided to see a fertility specialist I did not want to see anyone else. He was everything my patients told me about him and more. He was so caring but at the same time realistic. When he felt it was no longer a good option for our goal of becoming pregnant he would tell us. He would still give us the option to continue what we were doing or to move to the next step. I would never question if he was wanting us to change due to he could make more money. My heart knew he felt this was the best choices for us. He was was there a doctor,as well as, a support person. When I would leave crying after any further complications or bad news he was there to help me through what ever was going on at the time. When we decided it was time to step away from infertility treatments for a while he supported us and promised he would do anything to help us when we were ready to return. I would recommend him to anyone and have recommended him to many people since, who have all felt the same.
Be open to him and let him listen to your story.
He sat down with me and truly listened. He helped answer any questions we had, even they crazy you should know this one with no judgement. He was great at answering question with enough medical detail for me as a nurse, but able to explain perfectly to my husband with no medical background. He hugged us, did not pressure us and supported us through the process and all the tears along the way.
He started out with femara. The first few cycle days then I would come for ultrasounds to measure the number of follicles and sizes. At that point he would instruct me to admister a trigger shot and would instruct us to have timed intercourse every other day based on when the shot was given. I would take a pregnancy test at the time of my period and call back with results. We repeated this several month due to I had responded well to the femara. Later we did the same thing but instead of time intercourse we did IUI which followed the same procedure.
They were there for me to answer every crazy question I had. They always told me to never worry about any question that they are there to help me. They were my support when my husband could not be there. They helped cheer me up after crying. They made you feel positive about moving forward without giving false hope. They were everything I could have hope for in a nurse.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are very patient centered which is one of their biggest strengths. They are very helpful and helped accommodate my crazy schedule. It did take a little bit to get my new patient appointment but never had any further issues getting an appointment when I needed it during my busy schedule. Their one weakness is that the doctors work in multiple offices and only work at the Columbia clinic certain days a week. This meant sometimes when I went to see the nurse he was not at that office to look at my results personally. He would either be called or another doctor would step in. However, I felt comfortable with the office and this was not a big issue but is a weakness.
I had insurance that had fertility coverage. I do not remember the exact costs with or without my insurance. It was very reasonable with my insurance.
We did not experience this due to we did not have IVF.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. McCoy was very caring and made sure all my questions were answered. When I had a setback he was responsive and did not dismiss as if I did not know my body. The pain I had prior to surgery has decreased due to surgery and pelvic floor therapy.... Dr. M was honest and upfront. He did not make promises about our ability to become or maintain a pregnancy. However, he did improve my overall quality of life by addressing the health of my uterus. He answered all my questions and did not make me feel like I was bothering him.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Go with your questions ready. Dr. McCoy did not make me feel rush and he listened to my symptoms. He explained that the pain I was having was not normal and should not have been ignored
Dr. MCCoy’s focus was to make sure my uterus was healthy and ready to become pregnant if that was Gods plan. He removed endometriosis and fibroids that were causing me extreme pain and the focus was to improve my quality of life.
The nursing staff returned phone called within timely fashion and answered questions to the best of their ability. During the exams they were friendly and engaging.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic staff are friendly and engaging. They were helpful and sought answers effectively. The space itself was neat and comfortable. Also, the waiting room was quiet. However, bring your sweater.. it can be a littl chilly.
The cost was reasonable.
Columbia

Dr McCoy was very honest about the chances of success. He was always optimistic, however slim the chances were. I was always treated with respect. He seemed to genuinely care about our success and was willing to work with us to accomplish our goals... The initial protocol we used was not successful and he made drastic changes to improve our odds with the next cycle. He seemed very knowledgeable about the various protocols and when the first one did not work, he suggested a different one that worked a lot better and his reasoning was sound.
Dr McCoy will go over all the options with you if you just ask!
Dr. McCoy went the extra mile to explain everything and address all my concerns throughout the whole process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie was very knowledgeable and worked extensively to coordinate with our insurance to make sure we got all medications needed and on time. She worked after-hours and had the unpleasant task of delivering bad news to us, which she did with compassion and timeliness.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The secretary at the Greenville office was rude and I dreaded every interaction with her. All other staff was exceptional and knowledgeable and taught me so much. I never had to wait and everyone is pleasant
Our insurance had a generous infertility benefit so I do not remember all the costs associated but I remember estimates were in the $25k range
Dr McCoy recommended we transfer the “best looking” embryos based on their grade. We agreed early on on a maximum amount per transfer.
Spartanburg

1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
[Dr. Travis McCoy is] Very compassionate about his care. With every appointment taking his time and writing down step by step the process and what to expect, and why he choose to do it that way. Always allowed time for questions and concerns . Was always confident in his work and positive about outcome but also truthful about the unexpected.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
To trust him
Took his time, explained the process in depth every step of the way
Beginning of treatment starting with Harvesting sperm from my partner, never could get sperm externally so we continued with sperm retrieval. This also resulted in no sperm. During this process I had an egg retrieval, which resulted in freezing of eggs due to the amount of no sperm. Soon after we decided to move forward with donor sperm. 13 eggs fertilized and we ended up with 2 viable embryos. Using only one egg our first IVF treatment resulted in a pregnancy. We now have a 7week old miracle baby gir.
Outstanding and caring
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Caring and always greeted with great staff, from every area of the clinic. Great costumer service and patient satisfaction. Felt like the staff became family. Always offered to help answer any questions and pocketed explanations for any questions.
10l for ivf
We wanted multiple embryos transferred but with the research done on it and what our Dr. recommended we went with one
Greenville

I have only met with Dr. McCoy once during my many visits per month but I definitely trust him and he seems very knowledgeable and trustworthy. After over a year of trying different l, low dosages of clomid and letrizole with my OBGYN, I felt more hope talking with Dr. McCoy in one visit. 4 cycles later, I have another meeting with him next week to talk about my next steps...We started with 7 days of Letrozole and Prednisone and switched it to 10 days because the follicles weren’t quite where they wanted them yet.
Just make sure to bring a list of questions, he is happy to answer.
Dr. McCoy was very personable.
We started with 7 days of Letrozole and Prednisone and switched it to 10 days because the follicles weren’t quite where they wanted them yet. On cycle 3, I had three large follicles but still didn’t get pregnant. On 4 now but only had one follicle.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Overall I think it is a great clinic! I wish I didn’t have to come back so many times for the ultra sounds and blood work but understand it is part of the process and they have to be done on different days. Since that’s not their fault, they are great!
With BCBS insurance about a $70 co pay for every visit, which in 4 months has been 11 visits.
Greenville

Dr. McCoy made us feel 100% better about continuing on with our treatments. He explained and gave us answers that we was wanting for years. We should have went to see him sooner. I feel that PREG will be our answer to our prayer and we will finally get pregnant from their treatments.... Dr. McCoy sat down and talked to us for almost two hours and gave us answers we have been longing for-for over five years.
He explains everything and is very understanding.
Dr. McCoy sat down and talked to us for almost two hours and gave us answers we have been longing for-for over five years. We go back in May and I can't wait to finish this journey
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Mikayla Carver)
The nursing staff was so nice when we went in and they return phone calls and emails immediately.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
We have followed this clinic on facebook for over four years and I finally broke down and called them. We didn't have to wait long at all for a appointment. They are very successful at what they do and I can't wait until we get our miracle baby. Their office is so inviting with all the baby pictures on the wall.
Our insurance don't pay for fertility treatments but it wasn't that expensive to see him!

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. McCoy is great but only saw him twice throughout the whole entire process. Another "new" doctor did all of my ultrasounds, retrevial, and transfer.... Covered all possible scenarios with what the possibilities could be and explained what was going on with our bodies. Told us that we would have to do specific treatment as the others just would not work. Then when treatment failed came up with a new plan for next cycle.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Chose hum, he is very experienced.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
Nursing staff expect you to know what happens next and that it is all normal and not an emotional process. Compassion is lacking in quite a few employees.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Clinics strengths are that it has good doctor's to choose from. Weakness is that many of the staff lack compassion. Make sure to ask what is next. They will expect you to know what comes next. Ask questions
Columbia

Dr McCoy was Very informative and patient. He explained the process thoroughly and answered every questioned we had. We even talked about other options which he gave our honest opinion about. Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group is a great practice.... I was scheduled and ultrasound to which they added blood work without me knowing before hand. Since none of it was covered I was left with a $400 bill that I wasn’t expecting. Dr McCoy didn’t explain al the “pre ivf” procedures that has cost me over $1000 dollars
Be patient
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are very knowledgeable personable friendly and compassionate. I’ve always been greeted with a smile. I haven’t been theough the actual ivf process yet but I’m in the beginning stages of blood work ultrasounds etc. I was scheduled and ultrasound to which they added blood work without me knowing before hand. Since none of it was covered I was left with a $400 bill that I wasn’t expecting. Dr McCoy didn’t explain al the “pre ivf” procedures that has cost me over $1000 dollars
$10500 ivf
Greenville

Dr. McCoy explains every thing to my wife and I in a way that I understand. He knows she is a nurse and may understand things better than I do so he takes the extra step to help me know what is going on.... My wife went through 3 inseminations and one invetro. we are working to do another soon. We did get one pregnancy but miscarried at 8 weeks.... The staff at PREG were very cordial and respectful. They were concerned and helpful with all aspects.
Keep the hope and he is a great Dr. who seems to care what you need and want.
The nurses were very nice and helpful every time we were there. They treated us so kind like we were a normal couple. They make us feel welcomed
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic is friendly and clean. All of the folks were kind and friendly every time we had an appointment. They were available to answer calls and return calls to assist in any questions with medications and doses.
Not sure of exact amount but close to $10,000

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. McCoy was incredible. He was gentle and kind. He took time to make sure that we understood everything. He gave me all available options and advised on the best course of action. He took time to go over all of my concerns and reassure me.... Dr. McCoy and his staff were very attentive to everything and every question we had. They responded promptly via phone or email anytime I called.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
To trust him implicitly.
I didn’t see any weaknesses. I enjoyed the lab staff the most as they were informative and kind.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
It’s lovely. It’s clean, cozy, and quick. We had to come in for some labs and live out of town. They were able to schedule us for the same time and day so that we could make one trip. We also took our 12 year old with us and they were very welcoming of him.
As with any fertility clinic, it is pricey but very competitive and they do have many options to help you.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Travis McCoy] did a great job at explaining that we couldn’t figure out why I had unexplained Fertilty and that IVF was best options. He also tested me for endometriosis and found I had indeed has a slight case of it.... First couple cycle we did clomid and we even tried a different on. We did shots in the belly and all were accompanied by iui... He really took the time to explain things to me and my husband.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He did a great job at explaining that we couldn’t figure out why I had unexplained Fertilty and that IVF was best options. He also tested me for endometriosis and found I had indeed has a slight case of it.
Be brave! Be patient! Be kind it is not the doctors or the nurses fault and they usually hurt just as much as we do.
He really took the time to explain things to me and my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Tori )
She was truly the best. I know when we are going through these emotions it is hard and she always was a beautiful smiling face.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I believe that weakness probably has nothing to do with clinic but I wish insurance covered these options for those of us so desperately wanting a child. Maybe have better options with payments or better prices.
Lots!! Ultrasounds, blood work, seman wash medicine needed to provide more eggs, hormone shots to make you ovulate
Columbia

Dr. McCoy seen me as a free first consult to his practice, and spent over 45 minutes with me, explaining in detail the next steps in my progress of infertility.... He was very knowledgeable and polite. Took his time and explained the process of IVF to me and the different types of IVF and what he thought would work best for and my husband. Also gave me information on different types of finance companies that we could try.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I was seen at the Asheville location, the location is new and is a very nice office. The only negative is the location of the building, I passed by the road several times and finally found the building hidden.
roughly 20,000 dollars
Greenville
[Dr. Travis McCoy was] Very nice . Show compassion and very knowledgeable in the field male infertility .Did an excellent job in explaining procedures. When we left we know what we could expect. We would have like to had more details on continuing treats...First he suggested we try IUI . Then if that didn’t work IVF. My husband was to continue prescribe medication...He was open to multiple embryo transfers. Not all embryos will make it.
Very nice . Show compassion and very knowledgeable in the field male infertility .Did an excellent job in explaining procedures. When we left we know what we could expect. We would have like to had more details on continuing treats .
Ask lots of questions. He will go out of his way to help you.
Asheville prep was great . Everyone is friendly and helpful.
Happy staff. Knowledge and helpful. Happy to answer question and help.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Strength would the services they offer. The have the ability to help and prove different levels of fertility treatments. Weaknesses just for me is the distance to the clinic. But that’s mostly because of my location.
Our situation was different we were try to use VA plan . We ran into issues with that.
He was open to multiple embryo transfers. Not all embryos will make it.