Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolWest Virginia U.
ResidencyU. of Louisville
FellowshipU. of Louisville
76 Peachtree Rd
Asheville, NC 28803
(828)-210-8284
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Travis McCoy to a friend?

6.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group to a friend?
Endometriosis, Male Factor
[Dr. Travis McCoy] gave me his email and told me to email him at anytime...did a nice job explaining things and adjusting the plan in attempt to get our desired results. there was a few times I was uncertain of what would happen next or what to do next but I felt that fell under his nurses responsibilities instead of his...My husband was put on clomid for low sperm count and mobility currently awaiting the results for that. I was put on a Lupron Depo shot for 3 months to help with endometriosis. I was not retested for endometriosis but pains did go away.prior to finding out I had endometriosis he scheduled a biopsy which led to the results of finding out I had endometriosis.
The staff there [at PREG] are always very friendly. Everyone greets you and you're in the building with a nice smile. Once you've been there a couple of times they call you by name which makes you feel that there is a closer relationship there and makes you feel more welcome. They try to work you in with blood work as much as possible and give you answers promptly when possible. the biggest concern that I have was not knowing what was coming next or what to do next and timelines.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Doctor McCoy did a nice job explaining things and adjusting the plan in attempt to get our desired results. there was a few times I was uncertain of what would happen next or what to do next but I felt that fell under his nurses responsibilities instead of his.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Ask questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
He explained things. He gave me his email and told me to email him at anytime and he reaponded.
Describe the protocols Travis McCoy used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Catherine Burnes)
Catherine is very good about replying to emails although there were times I felt like I didn't know what to expect next or what to do. Therewas a time where an appointment with supposed to be scheduled but we were unaware of that which put us into a longer wait time. She is very nice. there are times I feel like we aren't giving information as far as what are labs are (numbers, lining thickness etc) but I'm not sure if that falls under her category or someone else's responsibility.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The staff there are always very friendly. Everyone greets you and you're in the building with a nice smile. Once you've been there a couple of times they call you by name which makes you feel that there is a closer relationship there and makes you feel more welcome. They try to work you in with blood work as much as possible and give you answers promptly when possible. the biggest concern that I have was not knowing what was coming next or what to do next and timelines.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Most appointments were easy to schedule and done right after labs. Everything went smooth although results were not usually told at the time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I don't remember.
Describe Travis McCoy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.

2 IUI, IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
There is not a single nurse at PREG that I wouldn't be happy to see when I walked in. Every one of them operates with compassion and care. The environment at PREG really helps take your mind off of the devastation of wondering if you'll ever be able to have a baby. I am so incredibly grateful that PREG was the office first recommended to us.... Strengths: Compassion, thorough explanations of what is being done and why, offering options, not judging the choices you make along the way
2 IUI, IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
I would absolutely recommend Dr. McCoy to someone I love who needs assistance in conceiving. Both my husband and I felt like he would continue trying various options until we found something that worked. On top of that, he was immediately accepting of our decision to switch to IUI with donor sperm when we still had another embryo left. After four embryos didn't work out, we felt a new direction was right for us and he did not discourage us. I fully believe I'm 31 weeks pregnant now because he and my husband were willing to let me trust my body to try a different way.
Ask any questions you have. He's willing to answer and he'll take the time to explain in laymen's terms so you don't leave confused.
Dr. McCoy made us comfortable from day one.
We came to Dr. McCoy knowing my husband had a zero sperm count. We learned quickly that he would need a surgery to determine whether he wasn't making sperm at all or they were blocked by a trauma from a surgery he had as an infant. We made plans for him to have that surgery within days of me having an egg retrieval so we could prepare embryos for later frozen transfers. Dr. McCoy was able to collect some sperm and we ended up with five embryos to freeze. We tried three FET rounds. The first ended in miscarriage, but the embryo did not show any genetic issues. The second didn't take and the third, with two embryos, also didn't take. After some reevaluation, Dr. McCoy offered a few options including a procedure to determine if I have endometriosis. My husband and I felt like maybe the quality of the embryos just wasn't good enough, something we knew might be a possibility from the beginning. So we decided to try IUI with donor sperm. We did that twice. On the second try, it worked. I am now almost 32 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Strengths: Compassion, thorough explanations of what is being done and why, offering options, not judging the choices you make along the way Weaknesses: It's hard to think of anything. Fertility treatments are very expensive and we are lucky to have the help of family and a stable financial situation, but I hope PREG has a way to work with families who aren't so lucky. No one should be denied a child just because they can't afford to go into major debt to become a parent.
We paid somewhere between $35-40k total for my IVF, FET and IUI cycles as well as my husband's sperm retrieval surgery

2016 - 2019
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Never did he [Dr. McCoy] pressure us into doing anything that we were against...he listened to my concerns and always knew me and my husband by name. He always had a bright smile on his face when we saw him... My first appointment with him I explained some of the symptoms I was having, to ensure it was not another medical issue he performed an ultrasound, this was confirmation it was not what we previously thought. This was a small step in the right direction, this also showed me that he listened to me and truly cared about me as an individual and not just another person.
When I initially schedule a consultation with PREG I had some major anxieties about the whole process...staff welcomed me with open arms and were very comforting during the whole process...not only are they friendly, but they are caring. In times of heartbreak they were a shoulder to cry on and an ear to vent to...Emilie [nurse] is caring, understanding, nonjudgmental and has a strong ability to empathize with her patients no matter what life threw at us. She was non-judgmental, a very good emotional support and counselor to me as patient throughout this entire difficult time for me trying to conceive.
2016 - 2019
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
When I initially schedule a consultation with PREG I had some major anxieties about the whole process. I never thought I would experience infertility given that I previously had children with no medical issues or complications. Dr. McCoy and his staff welcomed me with open arms and were very comforting during the whole process. My first appointment with him I explained some of the symptoms I was having, to ensure it was not another medical issue he performed an ultrasound, this was confirmation it was not what we previously thought. This was a small step in the right direction, this also showed me that he listened to me and truly cared about me as an individual and not just another person. Dr. McCoy explained every procedure in detail and ensured that I understood what direction we were going in all of this, this gave me the confidence to trust in his abilities. Dr. McCoy never made me feel like the possibility of getting pregnant and carrying a child was out of the window. Even when we experienced three failed IUIs and two failed FETs, he reassured me that my journey wasn't over. This is just a storm on the way to my rainbow. I really felt like he cared about my pain, anxiety, frustration, and heartbreak. I also would like to mention his staff, not only are they friendly, but they are caring. In times of heartbreak they were a shoulder to cry on and an ear to vent to. I would highly recommend Dr. McCoy and his staff to anyone who asked.
Be open and honest with how you are feeling, what you expect and be open to change.
Please he listened to my concerns and always knew me and my husband by name. He always had a bright smile on his face when we saw him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Emilie Smith)
Emilie, was a very caring and understanding to say the least. Emilie is caring, understanding, nonjudgmental and has a strong ability to empathize with her patients no matter what life threw at us. She was non-judgmental, a very good emotional support and counselor to me as patient throughout this entire difficult time for me trying to conceive. Her communication skills were solid, her compassion was over the top and her empathy was indescribable. There was never a time that I had a question Emilie wouldn't hesitate to give me the answer or ask my doctor and get back with me.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
PREG Columbia atmosphere is very inviting and comfortable. We were able to get appointments and/or procedures scheduled with no hassle. I was always able to be open and honest with the staff about my feelings on any occasion I had an appointment. The rooms were always ready and clean when I arrived. My only weaknesses would be Dr McCoy wasn't always at this location.
Dr McCoy agreed to allowing us to do multiples because of my age. Never did he pressure us into doing anything that we were against.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He [Dr. McCoy] Listened with the intent to understand what I’ve been through. Also, to gather factors in my life that may be causing the unexplained infertility. ... Also was candid about my age and the risks of using my own eggs. He didn’t say no to any of the options, but i appreciates how he highlighted the risks. We all love to hear the good, but knowing the risks allow us to make more rational decisions especially dealing with fertility.
Very welcoming clinic [PREG] . It is spread out and a lot of privacy. Also, they call you back quickly. ... They had a coupon for the consultation. ... They even follow up via text which is important for working and busy expecting parents. Sometime when you call they are busy, but I really like the fact that even though I’m calling the Asheville office someone no matter if it is the Greenville office will answer.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He explained what all my options were. Also was candid about my age and the risks of using my own eggs. He didn’t say no to any of the options, but i appreciates how he highlighted the risks. We all love to hear the good, but knowing the risks allow us to make more rational decisions especially dealing with fertility.
Be open to all of his advice. Ask all your questions up front don’t be afraid, he will be honest with you. I took a break to get my mind right and alleviate stress as much as possible.
He Listened with the intent to understand what I’ve been through. Also, to gather factors in my life that may be causing the unexplained infertility.
I had a consult- took a break and I’m back on track now with my first appointment in the coming days. My mind is ready and happy.
Keep in touch with me while I was taking my break. When I prayed and asked God when was the right time, I received an email for the staff asking me was there anything they could do to help me. I immediately told them, I was just about to reach out to you to restart my process. I know it’s my time to try again with my husband.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Very welcoming clinic. It is spread out and a lot of privacy. Also, they call you back quickly. They even follow up via text which is important for working and busy expecting parents. Sometime when you call they are busy, but I really like the fact that even though I’m calling the Asheville office someone no matter if it is the Greenville office will answer.
They had a coupon for the consultation. Checking their website is awesome. Sometimes they offer discounts. That was helpful considering we jus moved from overseas and were caring for my parents. Some of it will be covered by my insurance, which helps a lot. He is in network.

2017 - 2019
I feel like when he told my wife and I he wasn’t blunt or cold, he did the best he could to make sure we understood everything that was going on with us and what options we had. We’re thankful for having him as our doctor and would absolutely recommend him to anyone. ... Docotr McCoy tries to explain everything while taking into account your specific problems instead of giving a prepared speech, that makes it easier to understand, it also inspires trust.
I don’t know if this is a coincidence, but a couple of times that I uave called the office [PREG] nobody picks up the phone. It takes a few tries. ... My wofe had some bloodwork done last week. We were told that we would receive a call within 5 days and that hasn’t happened. We were advised to give the office a call if we didn’t hear from them so it sounds like it might be something that happens regularly. But it doesn’t look professional. It might he something the office staff needs to work on.
2017 - 2019
I think Dr.McCoy does the best he can considering he gives devastating news to his patients. There is no easy way to tell someone that they have problems conceiving or that they can’t conceive at all. There is no way to sugar coat something like that. I feel like when he told my wife and I he wasn’t blunt or cold, he did the best he could to make sure we understood everything that was going on with us and what options we had. We’re thankful for having him as our doctor and would absolutely recommend him to anyone.
Fertility issues are more common than most people think. It’s just not talked about enough. Go see Dr.McCoy with an open mind and trust his work. He’s there to help.
We are doing IVF. He explained how my wife will have to first be on birth control for a few weeks to control her menstrual cycle so the doctors know when to retrieve the eggs but not before going a few weeks of getting hormone shots. One of the stategies he explained was that the embrios would be frozen for a month before doing the transfer to give my wife’s body time to get clean it’s self and get rid of some of those extra hormones and in exchange that would increase the chances of success, we were very pleased to hear that. Once the transfer is done he explained that it would take around 11 days to be able to tell if she is pregnant or not. He explained the whole process in detail, alot better than I can right now.
I don’t know if this is a coincidence, but a couple of times that I uave called the office nobody picks up the phone. It takes a few tries.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
This is our first time being cared for by a fertility clinic so we weren’t sure what to expuand we’re just starting IVF so I could probably give more input once we’re done. But until now we have no complaints. We’ve been pleased with your services and we’re happily putting all our money and trust on your facility.
We haven’t paid yet
My wife and I at first thought we would ne doing a multitude embryo transfer. Dr.McCoy explained that he would rather do a single embryo transfer because there is a probability of conceiving twins and because my wife has never been pregnant before it would be safer to reduce the risk of having twins because we don’t not know how her body will react to the pregnancy. He explained that having twins could have a risk of complications during the pregnancy. Considering that, it made sense for us to agree with his logic even though we wouldn’t of mind having twins.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. McCoy talked to us, in the beginning, about how everything works and he didn't sugar coat anything. He gave us the information about how successful this process is and at the same time seemed exited for the outcome it could bring. He was very respectful and was always there to answer questions.... Dr. McCoy recommended single embry transfer, but gave us the option to do multiple (two) embryo transfer.... The first one was a fresh embryo transfer and the other 3 were frozen embryo transfers.
The clinic [PREG] was always there to help and answer questions. They always returned my calls if I had to leave a message. If one person was not there, another would pick up my messages and always call back over a concern. My prescriptions were always called in on time. I'm a worrier and they would always calm my fears....Debra was a very kind and compassionate nurse. She was comforting during the hard times (miscarriage, negative pregancy test). She wanted for us to keep her updated on the current pregnancy. She really cares.
It can be a long journey, but it's well worth it. Don't give up hope and trust the doctors at PREG. They care and know what they are doing.
It has been a long journey for us trying to have a child. Dr. McCoy and his team were there for us every step of the way. We have been through 4 cycles trying to get pregnant and then have a successful pregnancy. It has been a long road, but we would recommend Dr. McCoy and his team to anyone. The team were just as excited as we were each time a pregnancy occurred and wanted to check up on us with currently being pregnant. They have all treated us with great respect and they have felt the pain of this journey as well as the excitement.
I had to take a course of injections and oral medications to get ready for egg retrieval. We did the egg retrieval along with creating the embryos. We did 4 cycles total. The first one was a fresh embryo transfer and the other 3 were frozen embryo transfers. We tried one single transfer the first two times and then the other two times were two embryos. They did testing to check for different things after the first miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Debra)
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic was always there to help and answer questions. They always returned my calls if I had to leave a message. If one person was not there, another would pick up my messages and always call back over a concern. My prescriptions were always called in on time. I'm a worrier and they would always calm my fears.
For the initial IVF procedure it was between 12,000 and 15,000. The frozen embryo transfers it was between 3,500 and 4,000.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. McCoy was very responsive to my questions and needs. He was understanding of the restrictions of my job and worked with me to make my appointments and cycles work (ie phone visits when I could not make office visits). He is very honest about the difficulties we face and is willing to discuss the details of treatments so that I and my husband fully understand...Be sure and ask questions about how your treatment plan s tailored to you. Dr. McCoy is great at explaining this!
Welcoming and kind staff [at Peidmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group]. They are very responsive to questions and promptly return any calls. The clinic itself is very calming and quiet. I have had visits at both the Columbia ad Greenville clinic and think both are great! My advice to a new patient would be to be on time to appointments as they are very prompt. Oftentimes, you are called back for lab draws, nurses visits, etc within 5-10 minutes of arrival. This is great for scheduling your day and keeping your life on time.
He is understanding, compassionate and honest about the difficulties we face with conceiving. He is easy to get a hold of when needed and responsive to all questions/concerns. He is understanding of the restrictions of my job and works with me to make my cycles possible while continuing to work.
IVF cycle: I have low ovarian reserve so my injection dosages where adjusted to try and stimulate as many follicles as possible. My husband unfortunately does not produce sperm so when he underwent testicular exploration to look for sperm, Dr. McCoy advised us to have a backup donor for my IVF cycle. I was closely monitored throughout the cycle with ultrasounds and my retrieval date was moved forward based on my progress. Unfortunately, our single fertilized egg arrested so I could not undergo embryo transfer. IUI: I was placed on high dose and prolonged course of letrozole in conjunction with Gonal F injection x3. Once again this was for my low ovarian reserve and trying to stimulate follicles. My first IUI was unsuccessful and I just completed my second insemination.
Very accessible and responsive to questions. Extremely understanding and supportive of me and my husband. I usually see the same nurses at each visit which is great for putting me at ease.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Welcoming and kind staff. They are very responsive to questions and promptly return any calls. The clinic itself is very calming and quiet. I have had visits at both the Columbia ad Greenville clinic and think both are great! My advice to a new patient would be to be on time to appointments as they are very prompt. Oftentimes, you are called back for lab draws, nurses visits, etc within 5-10 minutes of arrival. This is great for scheduling your day and keeping your life on time.
My insurance covers much of my fertility treatment costs. Office visit copays are usually less than $50. My IVF cycle was ~$4K upfront and IVF medications were ~$6K. I pay nearly nothing for the IUI cycles.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
Dr McCoy was extremely knowledgeable about endometriosis and my chances of conception. He was very kind and not at all condescending while explaining what was happening to me hormonally. He reassured me with a plan of action that he wrote down for me to follow, including hormonal medications and drawings of what my uterus was going through vs where we want it to be. He gently informed me I’ll eventually need more surgery and explained that he doesn’t take my insurance but that it might pay to just buy a plan for 1 month to make it at least somewhat affordable, since no other surgeon in this area is quite as specialized as him when it comes to good endometriosis removal results. I walked out of the room feeling well informed, cared for, and in control.
The office [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group-Greenville] is very organized and the staff is very kind. The waiting area is lovely and clean, and the wait isn’t long at all. The paperwork isn’t bad either. They also have plenty of magazines, so it’s sort of kid-friendly as well.... hey are generally wonderful. But I did have an issue with one of the nurses not looking at my chart thoroughly before speaking with me, and made many assumptions about my situation which turned out to not be the case. She told me that my AMH levels were very low, so we “shouldn’t wait a year” to start trying. She said the doctor would explain it more once I came in for an ultrasound on the second day of my period. So I called back on the first day of my period to schedule something, and after speaking with the doctor, another nurse informed me that my endometriosis surgery scarring and the endometriosis itself was most likely the culprit for my AMH results, and that I didn’t need an ultrasound at all.
European, Middle Eastern, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
Bring a notebook!
Dr McCoy was extremely thorough & answered all my questions in an informative, concise, yet gentle manner. He was very sensitive as is the subject at hand, which I felt was very appropriate. It was nice to be treated in a considerate kind way while also having all my concerns addressed.
He said I don’t need to come back until the moment we are ready to start trying
They are generally wonderful. But I did have an issue with one of the nurses not looking at my chart thoroughly before speaking with me, and made many assumptions about my situation which turned out to not be the case. She told me that my AMH levels were very low, so we “shouldn’t wait a year” to start trying. She said the doctor would explain it more once I came in for an ultrasound on the second day of my period. So I called back on the first day of my period to schedule something, and after speaking with the doctor, another nurse informed me that my endometriosis surgery scarring and the endometriosis itself was most likely the culprit for my AMH results, and that I didn’t need an ultrasound at all. The woman had just assumed I was already trying when we haven’t even gotten started yet. I was planning on finishing my last year of graduate school for social work, since I’m physically limited due to multiple extensive spinal fusions and chronic pain, i won’t have the energy time or capacity to finish it once a child arrives. But based on what the first nurse told me, I decided to pull out of the program until we sort out what’s going on. So it turns out I delayed for no reason, which is extremely frustrating.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The office is very organized and the staff is very kind. The waiting area is lovely and clean, and the wait isn’t long at all. The paperwork isn’t bad either. They also have plenty of magazines, so it’s sort of kid-friendly as well.
He said I can’t afford his endometriosis surgery with my insurance that he doesn’t take, and suggested I buy some if I want to see him for the surgery. He has the best results in the area and I don’t want to have to travel out of state.
+ Read more- Read less

We only met with Dr. McCoy once because we're just beginning infertility treatment. He identified and conducted a surgery that helped with our unique situation (my wife has two ovaries) and we'd have no complaints about the results.... Looking at all our factors, age, endometriosis, two ovaries, etc. Dr. McCoy looked at all options outside of IVF to give us a chance and was very helpful at giving us percentages. Based on our previous experiences, he made helpful recommendations and the pros and cons of whether to move forward with IVF or not. I appreciate his open mind.
The system for billing as pre-payment and dealing with insurance has been a difficult process [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group]. One of our visits wasn't billed to insurance and we had to correct that.... I would recommend that you make sure you have already thought through your questions and have an idea of what you're wanting. It's good to have an open mind, but have a conversation about how far you're willing to go (IVF, egg donor, etc.) and have some questions written down so that you have a direction to take when meeting with the doctor.
We only met with Dr. McCoy once because we're just beginning infertility treatment. He identified and conducted a surgery that helped with our unique situation (my wife has two ovaries) and we'd have no complaints about the results. However we're just about to begin IVF so not sure what the future holds for us!
Ask questions! Leave with a plan in place.
He took the time to document all the factors to our situation, things we can do to help those factors and how reasonable it was to do them. He answered all of my prying questions :)
The system for billing as pre-payment and dealing with insurance has been a difficult process. One of our visits wasn't billed to insurance and we had to correct that.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
We've just begun the process. It does seem like the charges are high for some appointments, but obviously they factor in that insurance will reduce it.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Travis McCoy] was very knowledgeable in my medical concerns and gave his honest opinion of what treatment he thinks will work best. He wasn’t pushy with his recommendation and wasn’t irritated or annoyed with my notebook full of questions.... We then started with letrozole once it was determined I was t ovulating due to irregular periods. An HSG was preformed to ensure my fallopian gives weren’t blocked and it was confirmed they were open and my uterus appeared in good shape. I took letrozole for four cycles with timed intercourse. A trigger shot was administered on the third cycle. We took a break this month and will try again in December.
They [PREG-Greenville] are friendly and provide great customer service. They are sensitive to the issues and make you feel comfortable and like a person and not a number. The way their phone system is set up can be annoying. You have to leave a message for the nurses line anytime you need something. They listen to the voicemails and call you back in the order of which the call was received. Sometimes however it can take a few hours for them to get back with you which can be extremely frustrating
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
He was very knowledgeable in my medical concerns and gave his honest opinion of what treatment he thinks will work best. He wasn’t pushy with his recommendation and wasn’t irritated or annoyed with my notebook full of questions.
To be open minded and positive. Infertility is a sensitive issue. Trust his judgement but also listen to your gut. You know your body better than anyone else.
I don’t feel rushed during our appointments and he is very thorough with his explanations
When we first met we had to test out my hug from my ectopic. We then started with letrozole once it was determined I was t ovulating due to irregular periods. An HSG was preformed to ensure my fallopian gives weren’t blocked and it was confirmed they were open and my uterus appeared in good shape. I took letrozole for four cycles with timed intercourse. A trigger shot was administered on the third cycle. We took a break this month and will try again in December. We have not fallen pregnant yet but we are extremely hopeful
They are very helpful and friendly. They greet me with a smile and always ask how they can assist me. They are a great support for the doctors
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are friendly and provide great customer service. They are sensitive to the issues and make you feel comfortable and like a person and not a number. The way their phone system is set up can be annoying. You have to leave a message for the nurses line anytime you need something. They listen to the voicemails and call you back in the order of which the call was received. Sometimes however it can take a few hours for them to get back with you which can be extremely frustrating
We are currently $2000 or so in and have more treatments since we are not yet pregnant

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr McCoy is a very intelligent man, but doesn't treat you like you're just some number to him. He is caring and compassionate. He takes time to listen to you and your concerns. You definitely do not feel rushed to get out of his office. He answers all questions and gives you hope to your situation. He's a very busy provider and his schedule proves that, but you don't get that sense of rush when you are in front of him. He is also a top notch surgeon who gave me hope when several other providers only had bad news. I had to go into surgery to fix one issue, but he made sure to check other things out in there to prevent having to go back in later.
MiKayla [a nurse at PREG- Asheville] is so sweet. I typically communicate with her through emails. She never seems like I'm a bother. She is always helpful.... Clomid and Letrozole to treat my anovulation. Then we discovered that my husband probably hadale infertility. That was analyized and he was give the same medications. We have been through 2 IUIs that were unsuccessful.
European, Other
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He is very busy, so be patient. He is worth the wait.
Whether I or my husband were seeing Dr McCoy that day, he acted as if we had just talked to him the day before. He was always friendly, positive, and knowledgeable. He is very smart, but easy to talk to. Very personable and listens.
Clomid and Letrozole to treat my anovulation. Then we discovered that my husband probably hadale infertility. That was analyized and he was give the same medications. We have been through 2 IUIs that were unsuccessful. Taking a break at this time due to finances.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: MiKayla)
MiKayla is so sweet. I typically communicate with her through emails. She never seems like I'm a bother. She is always helpful.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I enjoy PREG. Unfortunately they don't take parents from self pay patients, so that's made us have to take a break with treatments, but that's the only negative I have to say about PREG. They are always nice and helpful on the phone. Wait times are super fast from the lobby. Office is always clean and quiet. I've been to Asheville, Spartanburg, and Greenville offices.
While I had insurance, I didn't have to pay anything other than copay. Once we lost insurance, we had to pay $475 up front for both IUI procedures.

Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. McCoy met with me individually, with my partner, explained and wrote things out. He spoke to us with care and concern, expressing his feelings about what could or could not happen. He was very direct and open, which is something I prefer. I appreciated knowing every little detail...He also used paper to draw things out to clarify even more, to be sure my partner and I understood everything in front of us.
Everyone smiles [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] , they know you by first name, and it's always a pleasure to visit...Megan [nurse] was AMAZING!! After meeting me for the first time, she instantly built a great rapport with me and made me feel so comfortable. I suffer with anxiety, so she made me feel so calm and at ease...This clinic is very clean, spacious, neat, plenty of parenting items to read, pictures of past patients & their babies; which is such a joy to see.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. McCoy was very detailed, showed his experience in his field, explained in detail about the process and what to expect, good or bad. He also used paper to draw things out to clarify even more, to be sure my partner and I understood everything in front of us.
Lay it all out for him. Tell him EXACTLY what you want.
I do not remember the exact protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Megan was AMAZING!! After meeting me for the first time, she instantly built a great rapport with me and made me feel so comfortable. I suffer with anxiety, so she made me feel so calm and at ease. Megan cared for me each time I had an appointment. She would even come out into the lobby to talk to me until I was called back, then go to meet me in back. We have a phenomenal relationship and I hope to get an opportunity to try again just to see Megan!
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
This clinic is very clean, spacious, neat, plenty of parenting items to read, pictures of past patients & their babies; which is such a joy to see. I love the atmosphere there. Front desk staff are very nice and genuine, being sure to take care of you as soon as you walk in. The bathrooms are always clean, something we all want at a doctor's office. The rooms are always very neat, clean, and prepared for the patient. Last but not least, check out is a breeze. Everyone smiles, they know you by first name, and it's always a pleasure to visit.
The cost for the IUI was expensive for me, but I TRULY want to be a mother so I used my savings to pay for it out of pocket because my insurance doesn't cover it. Also, the donor sperm is much more expensive. I have 2 best friends that I have been previously sexually active with years ago, that agreed to be my sperm donor, but I'm not very clear on what happened with that. It would have been more cost efficient for me.
2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I liked Dr. McCoy as a person and a doctor, but I didn't feel he was super aggressive about treating my infertility, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. He allowed my husband and I to steer the course through our fertility treatments, but a little more guidance may have been helpful at times... At 75% of my appointments/procedures I saw a different doctor or a nurse, but I was never told before I came that he wouldn't be present.
The costs I incurred were reasonable for the treatments received [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group]...The front desk staff doesn't seem to be trained in compassion for infertility issues. Also, their "financial counselors" are a joke. I made an appointment to find out my cost for an IVF, brought all of my insurance information. She couldn't tell me any exact costs on anything, and the range of costs to us was so broad that I might as well have just googled "how much does an IVF cost".
2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, Unexplained
If you want to actually see Dr. McCoy at a visit, make sure to request that. At 75% of my appointments/procedures I saw a different doctor or a nurse, but I was never told before I came that he wouldn't be present.
I felt like he was very present during our appointments, but he didn't necessarily remember me or the specifics of my case from one appointment to the next.
We used Femara on its own for several cycles. My previous doctor had only used Clomid, so he wanted to see how I responded to Femara. We did four cycles of IUI with the injectables, but no Femara, as he said the Femara would not make a difference. All cycles failed.
I saw several different nurses during my years of treatment at PREG, and they ranged quite a bit. All were nice and professional, but some seemed much more "equipped" for dealing with infertility issues that others. I had two instances where a nurse performed the IUI instead of a doctor, and neither went very well. The first took almost 25 minutes to complete, because of my weird anatomy, and was very painful during and for a long time after. The last IUI I got at PREG was performed by a nurse, who actually couldn't complete it and had to get a doctor to finish the procedure. That one also took about 30 minutes, but while it was uncomfortable, it wasn't as painful as the first.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I feel like the doctors are a strength, but it's hard to know when you'll see your doctor, so most of the time you'll be dealing with the staff. The front desk staff doesn't seem to be trained in compassion for infertility issues. Also, their "financial counselors" are a joke. I made an appointment to find out my cost for an IVF, brought all of my insurance information. She couldn't tell me any exact costs on anything, and the range of costs to us was so broad that I might as well have just googled "how much does an IVF cost". I can't make a financial decision without any real information, so I decided not to move forward with the treatment with this clinic. The doctors do frequent seminars about infertility and treatments, and if you attend they give you a $250 gift certificate, but I was never able to use mine because they don't accept it toward most of the costs not covered by my insurance, and it expired before it was applicable toward any of my bills, and they absolutely would not extend the expiration date.
The costs I incurred were reasonable for the treatments received.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr McCoy was always personable and eager to answer all of our questions. He was super knowledgeable - especially about male fertility and sperm retrieval processes (which we had to utilize due to my husbands nerve damage). He was very caring and spoke to use using lay-terms, not medical terms we didn't understand.... Dr McCoy and his staff were very welcoming and understanding of our fertility situation. He gave us hope of having a family of our own. They took the time to learn about our history and what we wanted.
The entire staff at PREG was amazing. They were all compassionate and understanding. When the egg monitoring ultrasounds were painful (I had an ovary that liked to hide) - the nurse held my hand. With all of the blood draws, the monitoring, the planning sessions - we were there a lot. And everyone knew our names and our situation.... Total cost was about $15,000 for sperm removal procedure, egg retrieval, embryo development and embryo transfer - and ALL medications for both me and my husband.
Don't be afraid to ask questions - this was all new to us and he was very patient with us and our million questions!
My husband had to have a sperm retrieval procedure. Then I was put on a series of hormone injections to produce a usable number of eggs (I have PCOS, so my number of eggs was never a problem). The eggs were removed and embryo's were developed. Due to my increased level of hormones still in my system, the viable embryos (3) were frozen until my next menstrual cycle. I was then implanted with the 2 most viable embryo's - both of which were successful! I successfully carried 2 girls until the week 20 - when I went into labor. Both girls were born vaginally, but neither survived.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: I can't remember - but she was amazing!)
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The team is very knowledgeable and very, very compassionate. They take the time to know their patients and cultivate relationships. As your planning your family - they feel like an extension of your family.
We requested both viable embryo's be transferred due to our age - we wanted a better chance of implantation.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
My prescriptions were called in to the wrong pharmacy multiple times after I had been seeing them for over 6 months. I had to call [PREG] three times in regards to calling in a prescription one time. I called and requested a billing statement for tax purposes left a message and never received a call back, so had to call again. When I ended up with a bill and questioned why as I paid my balance in full at every visit as I was self pay with no fertility coverage Holly became very rude with me and told me it was my responsibility to know how much I am suppose to pay at each visit.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
When we first started at PREG with Dr McCoy we left feeling very positive however every visit thereafter I feel like they were less than thrilled to see us, never remembered us by name and sometimes we had appointments two or three times a week. My medication pretty much remained the same every cycle with no success cycle after cycle, when asked about moving to the next step of IUI was told it was not much different than doing what we were already doing, but if we wanted we could give it a try. I had to ask for labs to be drawn for my AMH and FSH levels and base line labs. Unfortunately after 10 failed cycles and real no explanation as to why, we decided to seek treatment elsewhere.
Ask every question you can possibly think of, be an advocate of your infertility.
When we had our first meeting with Dr McCoy it was a positive experience however from there on out, he never remembered our situation or mine or my husbands names. He had to pull up and review our chart every time he saw us.
I was started on femara only then after a few cycles of no success the trigger shot ovidrel was added then after a few cycles of no success prednisone was added. Unfortunately none of my cycles ended with success. He diagnosed me with PCOS, tubal blockage and anoovulation. The femara was to due to anoovulation the prednisone was for the PCOS and the ovidrel was to make me ovulate.
Every time I was seen it was mostly by a different nurse or NP, they would ask the same questions multiple times during my appointments which made me question if they were even listening to what I was saying.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Scheduling is very easy and they work with you on appointment times. The billing office/financial office is very difficult to deal with and can get very rude when questioned as to why your bill is the amount it is. Holly at the Columbia office is very un compassionate and rude.
Follicle scan was $182 consultation was $150 all my medications were bought at my local pharmacy or through freedom fertility pharmacy

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
He [Dr. Travis McCoy] always takes time with me to explain things well and help me weigh my options !... He discovered something in my uterus and a hysteroscopy was performed in October to remove it. He also did blood work that very day to diagnose me with low ovarian function and Antiphospholipid syndrome which is a blood clotting disorder...After experiencing a fee more negatives he had my husband's sample tested. After it was discovered my husband was fine- he is advising me to have a consultation on IVF due to suspicion that I may have low egg quality due to my miscarriage history and the fact that while the medicine produces multiple follicles -i have still be unable to get pregnant. I still owe all the diagnosis that I have received to him.
This clinic [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] is great about doing contests and offering discounts. The staff is always nice and knowledgeable... The best thing is that when I have an appointment I pay my co pay and that covers whatever my doctor does that visit whether it is an ultrasound or bloodwork. There are no extra fees and I like that . The office is great about doing discounts too...I honestly haven't seen any weaknesses [with the nurses] .They are kind , understanding , they always return my calls and stay on the phone with me until I understand fully.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
My doctor has been forthcoming with me about everything I am up against and has dotted every "I" and crossed every "t." So far I have had surgery under him, he has diagnosed me with several issues that allow him to know how to treat me, and he has explained very well my next steps that are leading me toward IVF.
He is a wonderful doctor!
He always takes time with me to explain things well and help me weigh my options !
Upon my first appointment in September of 2016, after having had a second miscarriage (and my regular OB didn't even check to make sure everything was cleared)...After just fifteen min of talking to me he knew something wasn't right and did a vaginal ultrasound that very day. He discovered something in my uterus and a hysteroscopy was performed in October to remove it. He also did blood work that very day to diagnose me with low ovarian function and Antiphospholipid syndrome which is a blood clotting disorder. Once I was cleared from my hysteroscopy...I started letrozol rounds in November . I did produce follicles ....But in January after two negative rounds he added injections of Ovedrel to my regimin. After experiencing a fee more negatives he had my husband's sample tested. After it was discovered my husband was fine- he is advising me to have a consultation on IVF due to suspicion that I may have low egg quality due to my miscarriage history and the fact that while the medicine produces multiple follicles -i have still be unable to get pregnant. I still owe all the diagnosis that I have received to him. My regular OB told me I was fine and that I would have to go through another miscarriage before they would even test me via bloodwork ! I am glad I know what I am up against now !!
I honestly haven't seen any weaknesses .They are kind , understanding , they always return my calls and stay on the phone with me until I understand fully.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
This clinic is great about doing contests and offering discounts. The staff is always nice and knowledgeable.
I don't want to list costs ....But in my state infertility treatments (ivf, etc) are not covered by insurance. The best thing is that when I have an appointment I pay my co pay and that covers whatever my doctor does that visit whether it is an ultrasound or bloodwork. There are no extra fees and I like that . The office is great about doing discounts too
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Travis McCoy] was so caring but at the same time realistic. When he felt it was no longer a good option for our goal of becoming pregnant he would tell us. He would still give us the option to continue what we were doing or to move to the next step. I would never question if he was wanting us to change due to he could make more money.... e was was there a doctor,as well as, a support person. When I would leave crying after any further complications or bad news he was there to help me through what ever was going on at the time. When we decided it was time to step away from infertility treatments for a while he supported us and promised he would do anything to help us when we were ready to return. I would recommend him to anyone and have recommended him to many people since, who have all felt the same.
They [Piedmont Reproductive Endo Group] are very patient centered which is one of their biggest strengths. They are very helpful and helped accommodate my crazy schedule. It did take a little bit to get my new patient appointment but never had any further issues getting an appointment when I needed it during my busy schedule. Their one weakness is that the doctors work in multiple offices and only work at the Columbia clinic certain days a week. This meant sometimes when I went to see the nurse he was not at that office to look at my results personally. He would either be called or another doctor would step in. However, I felt comfortable with the office and this was not a big issue but is a weakness.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I went to him because I had heard nothing but great reviews. I worked as a high risk obstetric nurse and my patients spoke the world of him. When my husband and I decided to see a fertility specialist I did not want to see anyone else. He was everything my patients told me about him and more. He was so caring but at the same time realistic. When he felt it was no longer a good option for our goal of becoming pregnant he would tell us. He would still give us the option to continue what we were doing or to move to the next step. I would never question if he was wanting us to change due to he could make more money. My heart knew he felt this was the best choices for us. He was was there a doctor,as well as, a support person. When I would leave crying after any further complications or bad news he was there to help me through what ever was going on at the time. When we decided it was time to step away from infertility treatments for a while he supported us and promised he would do anything to help us when we were ready to return. I would recommend him to anyone and have recommended him to many people since, who have all felt the same.
Be open to him and let him listen to your story.
He sat down with me and truly listened. He helped answer any questions we had, even they crazy you should know this one with no judgement. He was great at answering question with enough medical detail for me as a nurse, but able to explain perfectly to my husband with no medical background. He hugged us, did not pressure us and supported us through the process and all the tears along the way.
He started out with femara. The first few cycle days then I would come for ultrasounds to measure the number of follicles and sizes. At that point he would instruct me to admister a trigger shot and would instruct us to have timed intercourse every other day based on when the shot was given. I would take a pregnancy test at the time of my period and call back with results. We repeated this several month due to I had responded well to the femara. Later we did the same thing but instead of time intercourse we did IUI which followed the same procedure.
They were there for me to answer every crazy question I had. They always told me to never worry about any question that they are there to help me. They were my support when my husband could not be there. They helped cheer me up after crying. They made you feel positive about moving forward without giving false hope. They were everything I could have hope for in a nurse.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are very patient centered which is one of their biggest strengths. They are very helpful and helped accommodate my crazy schedule. It did take a little bit to get my new patient appointment but never had any further issues getting an appointment when I needed it during my busy schedule. Their one weakness is that the doctors work in multiple offices and only work at the Columbia clinic certain days a week. This meant sometimes when I went to see the nurse he was not at that office to look at my results personally. He would either be called or another doctor would step in. However, I felt comfortable with the office and this was not a big issue but is a weakness.
I had insurance that had fertility coverage. I do not remember the exact costs with or without my insurance. It was very reasonable with my insurance.
We did not experience this due to we did not have IVF.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
I only saw Dr. McCoy twice. Every other time it was a nurse. When I did see him he was sweet, kind, caring, and his bed side manner was spot on. You could tell that he knew exactly what he was talking about and he was all about results.... He talked to me about the risks. Then there were scans, pills, and shots. There was never a week that we were not working on making a baby.
The clinic [PREG] is very clean and always feels like home when you walk into the door. Their weakness would be communication. The financial staff doesn't talk to the front desk and no one really communicates about patients and what is happening throughout the clinic.... The nursing staff with PREG is absolutely amazing. 100% every time. When you have a question and they are not readily available to call you they will call you back
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Listen, listen, listen and always remember to ask questions. He will never lead you astray and though he is blunt he will tell you exactly what you don't want to hear at the right moment.
When they saw me starting to break down because of the news they made me feel like family. Like things were going to be alright and we were in this together.
The nursing staff with PREG is absolutely amazing. 100% every time. When you have a question and they are not readily available to call you they will call you back immediately and work with you every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic is very clean and always feels like home when you walk into the door. Their weakness would be communication. The financial staff doesn't talk to the front desk and no one really communicates about patients and what is happening throughout the clinic.
For one scan it was 135 dollars. My husbands semen analysis was 65 dollars. My 12 day scan was over 100 dollars. My first initial appointment was over 90 dollars. Then the medicine was 9 dollars every time.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
My experience with him has been very pleasant. I trust him as my doctor and will continue to be under his care. I feel as though Dr. McCoy has my best interest and is working hard helping my husband and I start a family. I will continue working with him as my doctor to achieve my family.... The treatment strategies involved pills, injections, and time intercourse. His next steps involve IVF but we can’t afford it. He recommends IVF because the timed intercourse with pills and injections have not been successful
Preg is a great clinic. They are organized and I’ve always been seen quickly and efficiently. I’ve always had good experiences with Preg. The staff is kind and very helpful. They have been patient and uderstnanding.... All costs are reasonable with my insurance. Each appointment is $100. The timed intercourse meds are $35 and the injection shot is $50...Very kind and welcoming. Very helpful. They always answer my questions. They have helped in financial situations with my payments. They are an awesome nursing staff.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Be patient and trust him. Book him in advance because he travels between 2 offices for PREG.
He’s always taken the time to explain and answer my questions and be very thorough.I’ve always been able to receive care and answers from him. He makes me feel comfortable.

Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Unexplained, Other
After many failed fertility treatments Dr. McCoy has given me hope. He found an issue that the other doctors missed. He recommended a surgery to correct the problem. The last doctor told me I needed to get a gestational carrier which is something I cannot do. Dr. McCoy listens to you and helps to make a treatment plan that you are comfortable with...is very compassionate and listens. He tries to make sure you understand your treatment plan.
The staff [at PREG] were all very helpful and friendly. Joni was quick emailing me back when I had questions...Strengths: friendly staff, clean office, compassionate, knowledgeable nurses, doctors delegate with each other about difficult cases Weaknesses: hard to get in touch with a financial person, sometimes it's hard to get an appointment...Consult fee $200...I had uterine scarring from a c-section in 2005. He found it by doing a few test. One that includes a ultrasound and saline. After 1 fresh and 4 frozen transfers with genetic testing he was trying to figure out why they all failed. Everything lab wise looked good. However, due to scarring from previous pregnancy he feels like it has caused implantation issues. He suggested uterine surgery to remove the scarring. It was done laparoscopically in November 2018. Recovery time was around 2 weeks. I hope to do a FET as soon as possible.
Other, Prefer not to answer
Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Unexplained, Other
He is an amazing doctor who cares.
Dr. McCoy is very compassionate and listens. He tries to make sure you understand your treatment plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Joni)
The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Joni was quick emailing me back when I had questions.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Consult fee $200 Insurance paid for most of the surgery due to it being gynecological $750 out of pocket

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. McCoy was very caring and made sure all my questions were answered. When I had a setback he was responsive and did not dismiss as if I did not know my body. The pain I had prior to surgery has decreased due to surgery and pelvic floor therapy.... Dr. M was honest and upfront. He did not make promises about our ability to become or maintain a pregnancy. However, he did improve my overall quality of life by addressing the health of my uterus. He answered all my questions and did not make me feel like I was bothering him.
The clinic staff [at Piedmont Reproductive Group- Columbia] are friendly and engaging. They were helpful and sought answers effectively. The space itself was neat and comfortable. Also, the waiting room was quiet. However, bring your sweater.. it can be a littl chilly.... The nursing staff returned phone called within timely fashion and answered questions to the best of their ability. During the exams they were friendly and engaging.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Go with your questions ready. Dr. McCoy did not make me feel rush and he listened to my symptoms. He explained that the pain I was having was not normal and should not have been ignored
Dr. MCCoy’s focus was to make sure my uterus was healthy and ready to become pregnant if that was Gods plan. He removed endometriosis and fibroids that were causing me extreme pain and the focus was to improve my quality of life.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic staff are friendly and engaging. They were helpful and sought answers effectively. The space itself was neat and comfortable. Also, the waiting room was quiet. However, bring your sweater.. it can be a littl chilly.
The cost was reasonable.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. McCoy was extremely thorough from the beginning. I will never forget him giving me a tissue and telling me he was going to do everything he could for myself and my husband as I sat in his office and cried. He went above and beyond at every appointment and always explained everything step-by-step. I could have never asked for a better doctor and I will use him when it is time again!
PREG is amazing, from the first phone call I knew I was at the right place. I remember the day I called to schedule my husband's SA and I was sobbing. The lady on the other side of the phone said "don't cry, we are going to get you in and get things going." ... The nursing staff were great at PREG, they saw the emotional side of me often at appointments and always comforted me. I will never forget the day I graduated and how sad I was to leave them.
Dr. McCoy treated us like we were family and did everything he could to help us at every visit. He was honest, but had the best bedside manner. He understands the feelings involved in infertility and he keeps that in mind. I could never say enough good about him!
I have already told several friends to request him as their doctor and I always let them know that he will make sure he does whatever he can to make your dreams come true.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Dr. McCoy suggested we transfer one embryo and explained why the benefits outweighed the risks.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr McCoy was very honest about the chances of success. He was always optimistic, however slim the chances were. I was always treated with respect. He seemed to genuinely care about our success and was willing to work with us to accomplish our goals... The initial protocol we used was not successful and he made drastic changes to improve our odds with the next cycle. He seemed very knowledgeable about the various protocols and when the first one did not work, he suggested a different one that worked a lot better and his reasoning was sound.
Stephanie [a nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] was very knowledgeable and worked extensively to coordinate with our insurance to make sure we got all medications needed and on time. She worked after-hours and had the unpleasant task of delivering bad news to us, which she did with compassion and timeliness.... The secretary at the Greenville office was rude and I dreaded every interaction with her. All other staff was exceptional and knowledgeable and taught me so much. I never had to wait and everyone is pleasant
Dr McCoy will go over all the options with you if you just ask!
Dr. McCoy went the extra mile to explain everything and address all my concerns throughout the whole process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie was very knowledgeable and worked extensively to coordinate with our insurance to make sure we got all medications needed and on time. She worked after-hours and had the unpleasant task of delivering bad news to us, which she did with compassion and timeliness.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Our insurance had a generous infertility benefit so I do not remember all the costs associated but I remember estimates were in the $25k range
Dr McCoy recommended we transfer the “best looking” embryos based on their grade. We agreed early on on a maximum amount per transfer.
Spartanburg

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. McCoy was really holistic in his care of my husband and I, each having our own factors contributing to infertility. He incorporated our preferences and timeline into his treatment plan. I felt like he listened to me and always fully explained things. ... I always felt like I got all of the information I needed and left feeling confident with the questions answered.
I like having several different locations [PREG]. We are out-of-state, and the clinic has been willing to be flexible and work with us as much as possible to keep travel down. ... From a cost standpoint, seems about average for out-of-pocket expenses. ... IVF with ICSI was quoted at $12,500, plus ~$5-7K for medications ... All of my interactions with nursing staff have been positive.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Come with questions and be prepared for Dr. McCoy to be very upfront with you.
Dr. McCoy told us what we needed to know and laid out options. I always felt like I got all of the information I needed and left feeling confident with the questions answered. Dr. McCoy also listened to our concerns and wishes and incorporated that into his plans and timeline.
All of my interactions with nursing staff have been positive.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I like having several different locations. We are out-of-state, and the clinic has been willing to be flexible and work with us as much as possible to keep travel down. Their success rates for procedures is high and they really take a caring approach. From a cost standpoint, seems about average for out-of-pocket expenses.
IVF with ICSI was quoted at $12,500, plus ~$5-7K for medications

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr MCCoy took time to listen to all the concerns we had and go over each part of treatment. After having a miscarriage I asked for specific testing and was given all of those and the next egg retrieval process was adjusted... Tried one iui that was not successful Did one retrieval cycle with antagonist protocol with 38 eggs retrieved and 2 normal after pgs testing. I had one frozen transfer that was positive but miscarried at 7 weeks. I am starting another retrieval cycle this month with different medications to see if we can get more quality eggs.
I go to the office they [PREG] have in Asheville NC and it has been great. I am always seen in a timely manner and receive great care. I started at a different clinic first and always had long wait times, hardly got to speak to anyone and felt like I was a number in a factory... Lynne is great. She is very responsive and helpful in all aspects.... Dr MCCoy took time to listen to all the concerns we had and go over each part of treatment. After having a miscarriage I asked for specific testing and was given all of those and the next egg retrieval process was adjusted
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Bring all your questions with you.
Dr McCoy and his staff do a great job communicating and explaining all the parts of treatment
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Lynne Fowler )
Lynne is great. She is very responsive and helpful in all aspects.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I go to the office they have in Asheville NC and it has been great. I am always seen in a timely manner and receive great care. I started at a different clinic first and always had long wait times, hardly got to speak to anyone and felt like I was a number in a factory
My insurance covers most of IVF. I paid 3,880 out of pocket for each ivf cycle
The doctor suggested one embryo to transfer but does allow you to choose on your own

1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
[Dr. Travis McCoy is] Very compassionate about his care. With every appointment taking his time and writing down step by step the process and what to expect, and why he choose to do it that way. Always allowed time for questions and concerns . Was always confident in his work and positive about outcome but also truthful about the unexpected.
Beginning of treatment [at PREG-Greenville] starting with Harvesting sperm from my partner, never could get sperm externally so we continued with sperm retrieval. This also resulted in no sperm. During this process I had an egg retrieval, which resulted in freezing of eggs due to the amount of no sperm. Soon after we decided to move forward with donor sperm. 13 eggs fertilized and we ended up with 2 viable embryos. Using only one egg our first IVF treatment resulted in a pregnancy. We now have a 7week old miracle baby gir.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
To trust him
Took his time, explained the process in depth every step of the way
Beginning of treatment starting with Harvesting sperm from my partner, never could get sperm externally so we continued with sperm retrieval. This also resulted in no sperm. During this process I had an egg retrieval, which resulted in freezing of eggs due to the amount of no sperm. Soon after we decided to move forward with donor sperm. 13 eggs fertilized and we ended up with 2 viable embryos. Using only one egg our first IVF treatment resulted in a pregnancy. We now have a 7week old miracle baby gir.
Outstanding and caring
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Caring and always greeted with great staff, from every area of the clinic. Great costumer service and patient satisfaction. Felt like the staff became family. Always offered to help answer any questions and pocketed explanations for any questions.
10l for ivf
We wanted multiple embryos transferred but with the research done on it and what our Dr. recommended we went with one
+ Read more- Read less

You can be confident that Dr. McCoy will answer all your questions and explain your situation to you...My husband had to take medications for a year. After that not helping his situation we had to do the surgical route to determine if sperm was present or not...showed compassion during each visit we had with him...We feel he has taken necessary steps so far in determining if we would be able to conceive a baby.
During the surgery they [nurses at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] showed compassion and explained what to look for post surgery...We had to request medical records to be sent to another clinic several times. Billing department is hard to get a hold of...The doctor and nurses communication is good. Customer service- front desk is good as well. Billing department is hard to get in contact with. Overall, they are a professional clinic. We would recommend this clinic to new patients that are in need of their services.
He took time to explain my husbands situation and showed compassion during each visit we had with him. He always answered our questions to where we could fully understand. We feel he has taken necessary steps so far in determining if we would be able to conceive a baby.
Dr. McCoy took the time to explain our situation and answered all questions we had concerning the surgery my husband had to have.
During the surgery they showed compassion and explained what to look for post surgery.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Most treatment was covered by insurance, except for the surgery.
I have not experienced this yet.
+ Read more- Read less

I have only met with Dr. McCoy once during my many visits per month but I definitely trust him and he seems very knowledgeable and trustworthy. After over a year of trying different l, low dosages of clomid and letrizole with my OBGYN, I felt more hope talking with Dr. McCoy in one visit. 4 cycles later, I have another meeting with him next week to talk about my next steps...We started with 7 days of Letrozole and Prednisone and switched it to 10 days because the follicles weren’t quite where they wanted them yet.
Overall I think it is a great clinic [PREG]! I wish I didn’t have to come back so many times for the ultra sounds and blood work but understand it is part of the process and they have to be done on different days. Since that’s not their fault, they are great!...I have only met with Dr. McCoy once during my many visits per month but I definitely trust him and he seems very knowledgeable and trustworthy...
Just make sure to bring a list of questions, he is happy to answer.
Dr. McCoy was very personable.
We started with 7 days of Letrozole and Prednisone and switched it to 10 days because the follicles weren’t quite where they wanted them yet. On cycle 3, I had three large follicles but still didn’t get pregnant. On 4 now but only had one follicle.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Overall I think it is a great clinic! I wish I didn’t have to come back so many times for the ultra sounds and blood work but understand it is part of the process and they have to be done on different days. Since that’s not their fault, they are great!
With BCBS insurance about a $70 co pay for every visit, which in 4 months has been 11 visits.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. McCoy made us feel 100% better about continuing on with our treatments. He explained and gave us answers that we was wanting for years. We should have went to see him sooner. I feel that PREG will be our answer to our prayer and we will finally get pregnant from their treatments.... Dr. McCoy sat down and talked to us for almost two hours and gave us answers we have been longing for-for over five years.
The nursing staff [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] was so nice when we went in and they return phone calls and emails immediately.... We didn't have to wait long at all for a appointment. They are very successful at what they do and I can't wait until we get our miracle baby. Their office is so inviting with all the baby pictures on the wall.
He explains everything and is very understanding.
Dr. McCoy sat down and talked to us for almost two hours and gave us answers we have been longing for-for over five years. We go back in May and I can't wait to finish this journey
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Mikayla Carver)
The nursing staff was so nice when we went in and they return phone calls and emails immediately.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
We have followed this clinic on facebook for over four years and I finally broke down and called them. We didn't have to wait long at all for a appointment. They are very successful at what they do and I can't wait until we get our miracle baby. Their office is so inviting with all the baby pictures on the wall.
Our insurance don't pay for fertility treatments but it wasn't that expensive to see him!
+ Read more- Read less

Dr.McCoy is compassionate towards us and our situation. He took time to explain everything and the probability of our chances of having a biological baby. We always left his office knowing what to expect each time.... My husband took medication for about a year to see if it would help with his situation and had to do several sperm samples. After a year of that zero sperm was still not found so we proceeded with the TESE procedure. That’s when we were given the answer that my husband did have sperm in another area.
Overall the clinic [PREG] is organized and every one working there is friendly and shows care. However, the billing department is difficult to get a hold of to get questions answered. It would be nice to get return calls within a 24-48 hour period. Some billing staff did follow up on returning your calls and some do not.... The nurses showed compassion during my husbands surgery. They explained in detail what to expect and Home care.
To be patient with the process of what you may be going through.
He took the time to explain my husbands situation and options available to us.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Overall the clinic is organized and every one working there is friendly and shows care. However, the billing department is difficult to get a hold of to get questions answered. It would be nice to get return calls within a 24-48 hour period. Some billing staff did follow up on returning your calls and some do not.
Our out of pocket expenses include medication copays and surgery for TESE that was not covered by insurance.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. McCoy did a great job of explaining the pros and cons of our treatment. He reviewed our options every step of the way and was very helpful with any questions we had. The process of treating infertility can be extremely frustrating, so his level-headed and compassionate approach was greatly appreciated...Dr. McCoy and everyone else we spoke with at PREG were strongly against a multiple embryo transfer for our first time. Then they recommended transferring two our second time, which resulted in a pregnancy.
The overall experience with the clinic [Piedmont Repro] was good. The nurses and staff were very helpful and friendly. The only (minor) complaint would be that scheduling with the front desk could be frustrating at times...Dr. McCoy and everyone else we spoke with at PREG were strongly against a multiple embryo transfer for our first time. Then they recommended transferring two our second time, which resulted in a pregnancy.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
It can be a stressful process, so managing your expectations goes a long way.
Dr. McCoy was very personable and explained everything to us in detail. He also made sure to answer any questions we had
The entire nursing staff was outstanding.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The overall experience with the clinic was good. The nurses and staff were very helpful and friendly. The only (minor) complaint would be that scheduling with the front desk could be frustrating at times.
Around $15,000

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. McCoy is great but only saw him twice throughout the whole entire process. Another "new" doctor did all of my ultrasounds, retrevial, and transfer.... Covered all possible scenarios with what the possibilities could be and explained what was going on with our bodies. Told us that we would have to do specific treatment as the others just would not work. Then when treatment failed came up with a new plan for next cycle.
Nursing staff [PREG] expect you to know what happens next and that it is all normal and not an emotional process. Compassion is lacking in quite a few employees.... Clinics strengths are that it has good doctor's to choose from. Weakness is that many of the staff lack compassion. Make sure to ask what is next. They will expect you to know what comes next.... Dr. McCoy is great but only saw him twice throughout the whole entire process.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Chose hum, he is very experienced.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
Nursing staff expect you to know what happens next and that it is all normal and not an emotional process. Compassion is lacking in quite a few employees.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Clinics strengths are that it has good doctor's to choose from. Weakness is that many of the staff lack compassion. Make sure to ask what is next. They will expect you to know what comes next. Ask questions
+ Read more- Read less

Dr McCoy was Very informative and patient. He explained the process thoroughly and answered every questioned we had. We even talked about other options which he gave our honest opinion about. Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group is a great practice.... I was scheduled and ultrasound to which they added blood work without me knowing before hand. Since none of it was covered I was left with a $400 bill that I wasn’t expecting. Dr McCoy didn’t explain al the “pre ivf” procedures that has cost me over $1000 dollars
I was scheduled and ultrasound [at PREG] to which they added blood work without me knowing before hand. Since none of it was covered I was left with a $400 bill that I wasn’t expecting. Dr McCoy didn’t explain al the “pre ivf” procedures that has cost me over $1000 dollars... They are very knowledgeable personable friendly and compassionate. I’ve always been greeted with a smile.
Be patient
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are very knowledgeable personable friendly and compassionate. I’ve always been greeted with a smile. I haven’t been theough the actual ivf process yet but I’m in the beginning stages of blood work ultrasounds etc. I was scheduled and ultrasound to which they added blood work without me knowing before hand. Since none of it was covered I was left with a $400 bill that I wasn’t expecting. Dr McCoy didn’t explain al the “pre ivf” procedures that has cost me over $1000 dollars
$10500 ivf
+ Read more- Read less

I did take different fertility drugs and I completed simple IVF and have not had any luck [with Dr. McCoy]...My eggs did not make it to transfer...He was very kind and compassionate... He could have possibly explained set backs and next steps more in depth. He did go over different next steps just not really in detail or truly encourage what to try next...I feel he is a knowledgeable doctor but insist on detail of the procedures and course of action he plans to use.
They [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] are very kind but it is hard to reach the nurses if you have questions and do not have an email address to contact them with. The clinic is very good about being on time with appointment times. The billing is also a bit confusing...I did take different fertility drugs and I completed simple IVF and have not had any luck...General fertility drug treatment and testing including discovery of uterine polyp 6,000. Simple IVF 9,000.
He was very kind and compassionate. He could have possibly explained set backs and next steps more in depth. He did go over different next steps just not really in detail or truly encourage what to try next.
He was very kind and compassionate.
They were very nice and compassionate as well.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are very kind but it is hard to reach the nurses if you have questions and do not have an email address to contact them with. The clinic is very good about being on time with appointment times. The billing is also a bit confusing.
My eggs did not make it to transfer but would love to try IVF with donor eggs.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. McCoy was incredible. He was gentle and kind. He took time to make sure that we understood everything. He gave me all available options and advised on the best course of action. He took time to go over all of my concerns and reassure me.... Dr. McCoy and his staff were very attentive to everything and every question we had. They responded promptly via phone or email anytime I called.
It’s [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] lovely. It’s clean, cozy, and quick. We had to come in for some labs and live out of town. They were able to schedule us for the same time and day so that we could make one trip. We also took our 12 year old with us and they were very welcoming of him.... I didn’t see any weaknesses. I enjoyed the lab staff the most as they were informative and kind.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
To trust him implicitly.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
It’s lovely. It’s clean, cozy, and quick. We had to come in for some labs and live out of town. They were able to schedule us for the same time and day so that we could make one trip. We also took our 12 year old with us and they were very welcoming of him.
As with any fertility clinic, it is pricey but very competitive and they do have many options to help you.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Travis McCoy] did a great job at explaining that we couldn’t figure out why I had unexplained Fertilty and that IVF was best options. He also tested me for endometriosis and found I had indeed has a slight case of it.... First couple cycle we did clomid and we even tried a different on. We did shots in the belly and all were accompanied by iui... He really took the time to explain things to me and my husband.
She [a nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group-Columbia] was truly the best. I know when we are going through these emotions it is hard and she always was a beautiful smiling face.... First couple cycle we did clomid and we even tried a different on. We did shots in the belly and all were accompanied by iui... I believed first or second cycle something happened with the sperm sample and the process in which it goes through to be ready for IUI
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He did a great job at explaining that we couldn’t figure out why I had unexplained Fertilty and that IVF was best options. He also tested me for endometriosis and found I had indeed has a slight case of it.
Be brave! Be patient! Be kind it is not the doctors or the nurses fault and they usually hurt just as much as we do.
He really took the time to explain things to me and my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Tori )
She was truly the best. I know when we are going through these emotions it is hard and she always was a beautiful smiling face.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I believe that weakness probably has nothing to do with clinic but I wish insurance covered these options for those of us so desperately wanting a child. Maybe have better options with payments or better prices.
Lots!! Ultrasounds, blood work, seman wash medicine needed to provide more eggs, hormone shots to make you ovulate

2019 - 2020
He’s [Dr. Travis McCoy] very nice and good at explaining every little bit that goes into our procedure. He explains the science and what to expect. He’s always punctual and we never wait for too long before we’re seen. ... With male factor infertility, he explained what needed to happen to get the sperm and how we’re going to fertilize my eggs. ...
Very nice and peaceful [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group]. Make you feel confident and at ease. Always up to date on latest information and science. They’ve all been very nice and they move you along quickly in your appointment. ... I have fertility insurance with Progeny, so all was covered. ... [nursing staff] They’re all very nice and informative. ...
2019 - 2020
He’s very nice and good at explaining every little bit that goes into our procedure. He explains the science and what to expect. He’s always punctual and we never wait for too long before we’re seen.
Ask all the questions.
He’s very thorough in explaining all the details.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
They’re all very nice and informative.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Very nice and peaceful. Make you feel confident and at ease. Always up to date on latest information and science. They’ve all been very nice and they move you along quickly in your appointment.
I have fertility insurance with Progeny, so all was covered.
Haven’t experienced anything about that yet
Spartanburg
2020
He [Dr. Travis McCoy] recommended timed intercourse with follow up blood work for my husband, as well as a new rx for my husband...He was very responsive to my husband and his needs (which was appropriate because we have MFI). He explained my risk of endo, which I have been told by 2 physicians I don't have, but it was nice to have a comprehensive look at everything...our treatment changed from IVF with ISCI to timed intercourse (which is a miracle).
She [nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] was super and really helped us feel more comfortable...They took a long time to get us back, but it was a great experience in whole. I think that the clinic is great, and I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone who wants fresh eyes on their case. We went through 2 IUIs through my OBGYN unnecessarily, when my husband just needed to be on the right medication. I think that having an open mind is important when going to this clinic, as our treatment changed from IVF with ISCI to timed intercourse (which is a miracle).
2020
Don't go in to his office needing to cry, go in, do your business, and cry in the car.
He recommended timed intercourse with follow up blood work for my husband, as well as a new rx for my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
She was super and really helped us feel more comfortable.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Just our copay (two total, one for myself and one for my husband)

2019 - 2020
Dr McCoy is a brilliant, caring, pleasant physician that truly makes couples feel at ease on their infertility journey. Great personality with big smiles! I would recommend him to all of my friends who are facing infertility issues. We Love him!...Unlike most doctors, Dr McCoy will take as much time as needed to help you understand your unique set of challenges... provides a detailed plan and answers all questions. He’s very personable with a kind and pleasant personality which puts the couple at ease with such an uncomfortable subject.
[Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group is an] Excellent clinic with state of the art technology to help assist with infertility. Quiet waiting room and super nice staff to,check you in...The nurses are very nice and compassionate during the entire process...Dr McCoy is a brilliant, caring, pleasant physician that truly makes couples feel at ease on their infertility journey. Great personality with big smiles! I would recommend him to all of my friends who are facing infertility issues. We Love him!...Unlike most doctors, Dr McCoy will take as much time as nee
2019 - 2020
Don’t be afraid to ask questions.... Unlike most doctors, Dr McCoy will take as much time as needed to help you understand your unique set of challenges.
Dr. McCoy takes the time to fully discuss your challenges, provides a detailed plan and answers all questions. He’s very personable with a kind and pleasant personality which puts the couple at ease with such an uncomfortable subject.
The nurses are very nice and compassionate during the entire process.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Excellent clinic with state of the art technology to help assist with infertility. Quiet waiting room and super nice staff to,check you in. Covid 19 steps have been implemented so,re,ember your masks.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
We were treated in a very humane way. We felt we were in good hands with Dr, McCoy... is a very neutral doctor and my husband and I really appreciated that because you don’t want a doctor who’s short on his words and cold. Specially when dealing with a such an emotional situation. I felt safe with Dr.McCoy and we couldn’t ask him for more. He was very professional and transparent. He did a great job! I became pregnant on the first transfer but unfortunately had a miscarriage...If you didn’t catch something, ask questions. He will happily answer them for you...We were told do a frozen transfer in order to give my body some time to come off the hormones. It made complicated sense.
We were told do a frozen transfer [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] in order to give my body some time to come off the hormones...[nurses were] Very friendly and always helpful...We were treated in a very humane way. We felt we were in good hands with Dr, McCoy and his team...Dr. McCoy is a very neutral doctor and my husband and I really appreciated that because you don’t want a doctor who’s short on his words and cold. Specially when dealing with a such an emotional situation. I felt safe with Dr.McCoy and we couldn’t ask him for more. He was very professional and transparent. He did a great job! I became pregnant on the first transfer but unfortunately had a miscarriage.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
There is ALOT of information to be learned. If you didn’t catch something, ask questions. He will happily answer them for you. You can trust Dr.McCoy and his team.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
Very friendly and always helpful
At first we were somewhat skeptical about this strategy but it made sense and after having a miscarriage it made even more sense. We’re glad that only one embryo was used.
+ Read more- Read less
I took femara for two cycles along with visits to have ultrasounds done to see the progress of my ovaries [protocol with Dr. McCoy]. If I had mature follicles I would then receive a trigger shit to make me ovulate. I did not conceive during this time...My doctor prefers to transfer one embryo versus two, due to multiple babies and making me high risk...He includes me in my care and options. Gave me support when I wanted to continue to try on my own.
Staff [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] is friendly and knowledgeable. The clinic is always clean. I haven’t had any negative experiences with this clinic. I would definitely recommend this clinic to anyone that is seeking fertility treatments...The nurses were pleasant and knowledgeable...I did not receive results on the same day as promised...I took femara for two cycles along with visits to have ultrasounds done to see the progress of my ovaries [protocol with Dr. McCoy].
European, Black or African-American
Travis McCoy has given me hope despite my 9 miscarriages. He is a compassionate doctor. My experience has been great. He always explains things to me in an understanding manner. He makes sure that all of my questions are answered. My husband and I always feel satisfied with our visits.
I took femara for two cycles along with visits to have ultrasounds done to see the progress of my ovaries. If I had mature follicles I would then receive a trigger shit to make me ovulate. I did not conceive during this time.
The nurses were pleasant and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The clinic is always clean. I haven’t had any negative experiences with this clinic. I would definitely recommend this clinic to anyone that is seeking fertility treatments.
I haven’t had any major costs at this point.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Travis McCoy was] Very nice . Show compassion and very knowledgeable in the field male infertility .Did an excellent job in explaining procedures. When we left we know what we could expect. We would have like to had more details on continuing treats...First he suggested we try IUI . Then if that didn’t work IVF. My husband was to continue prescribe medication...He was open to multiple embryo transfers. Not all embryos will make it.
Everyone [at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group] is friendly and helpful...Happy staff. Knowledge and helpful. Happy to answer question and help...Strength would the services they offer. The have the ability to help and prove different levels of fertility treatments...[Dr. Travis McCoy was] Very nice . Show compassion and very knowledgeable in the field male infertility ...Did an excellent job in explaining procedures.
Very nice . Show compassion and very knowledgeable in the field male infertility .Did an excellent job in explaining procedures. When we left we know what we could expect. We would have like to had more details on continuing treats .
Ask lots of questions. He will go out of his way to help you.
Asheville prep was great . Everyone is friendly and helpful.
Happy staff. Knowledge and helpful. Happy to answer question and help.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Strength would the services they offer. The have the ability to help and prove different levels of fertility treatments. Weaknesses just for me is the distance to the clinic. But that’s mostly because of my location.
Our situation was different we were try to use VA plan . We ran into issues with that.
He was open to multiple embryo transfers. Not all embryos will make it.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Other
[Dr. McCoy] treated me and my partner with much respect and warmness... He was very knowledgeable about the male infertility issues. He was my 3rd opinion and I left feeling more understanding on what’s going on. I was very pleased with consultation and analysis and would want no other than him to do the procedure.... He’s definitely the one you want to go to with the men issues. That’s how I found him and he owned up to that
I love the how clean and peaceful them clinic [PREG] is. I wish parking could be done in the back not right I front. I also have had issues with being left in room too long. I wish the clinic had more payment plans available... He [Dr. McCoy] was very knowledgeable about the male infertility issues. He was my 3rd opinion and I left feeling more understanding on what’s going on. I was very pleased with consultation and analysis and would want no
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Other
He treated me and my partner with much respect and warmness
IVF would be my only treatment
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I love the how clean and peaceful them clinic is. I wish parking could be done in the back not right I front. I also have had issues with being left in room too long. I wish the clinic had more payment plans available
The cost would be 12,000-20,000
+ Read more- Read less
Dr mc coy always sees me when i need to see him. He is always on time and always take as much time as i need to understand what is happening and what will happen next i always leave with clear instructions and pleant of information... I love this place [PREG]. The strengths are well organized very polite always helpful. They know you when you come in the door. They celebrate your Success and they are there for you when things dont go as planned.
I love this place [Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group]. The strengths are well organized very polite always helpful. They know you when you come in the door. They celebrate your Success and they are there for you when things dont go as planned. they keep yoir spirits up... Dr mc coy always sees me when i need to see him. He is always on time and always take as much time as i need to understand what is happening and what will happen next i always leave with clear instructions and pleant of information
They know my name
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I love this place. The strengths are well organized very polite always helpful. They know you when you come in the door. They celebrate your Success and they are there for you when things dont go as planned. they keep yoir spirits up

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. McCoy is very honest and told us, we have options you may not like them or agree but we have them. I liked his approach because my past doctors told me to remove my ovaries and that was all the could do. Dr. McCoy was able to provide me with another alternative. We will continue to work with him and PREG in the future.... Right now, my husband is on Clomid since 2017. I had endometriosis removal surgery Oct. 2017. After the surgery Dr. McCoy found that our chances were better with donor embryos
[Piedmont Reproductive Endo Group- Columbia's] Strengths- kind, sympathize with you, they even know us by first names. Very helpful with all my questions and Holly, she is the strongest person there! She is so friendly and no matter what crazy question I have about future costs, she is helpful and so sweet about it. no weaknesses... In the beginning, I called so much and they never seemed bothered. Always kind and pleasant.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
See him with an open mind, listen, and ask questions. Going through IVF is hard from start to finish, and it doesn't get any easier. Dr.McCoy has the same goal in mind but sometimes the plans aren't the same, but he is the expert.
My husband saw doctor McCoy first and I went with him. Even though my husband was his patient first he really made me feel welcome. Started my testing right away. Still, as we've moved through the process, Dr. McCoy answers all of our questions in a manner that is on the same level and not above us.
Right now, my husband is on Clomid since 2017. I had endometriosis removal surgery Oct. 2017. After the surgery Dr. McCoy found that our chances were better with donor embryos. We don't have insurance or the funds to afford regular IVF.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
IVF treatments are expensive and we have not be able to figure out how we will be able to afford it. We don't have the best insurance coverage, but my husband has diagnostic coverage, I have nothing. I've paid out of pockets so far $4,000 after my surgery.

4 IUI, 4 IVF, Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. McCoy makes time for me. If I need to talk to him, he schedules time to talk on the phone. He also answers emails very quickly. ... He is very willing to think and work outside the box to give me the best chance of having a biological child possible. ... He is extremely trustworthy and thorough and seems to have an excellent grasp on his field of medicine.
Great clinic [PREG]. They are able to handle some complex scenarios right in their office like small outpatient surgeries on men and women. The staff are pretty stable except for the nurses who seem to rotate a bit more around the different satellite clinics. They DO NOT have a policy regarding patients or visitors bringing babies, toddlers or children to the clinic ...
4 IUI, 4 IVF, Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He is extremely trustworthy and thorough and seems to have an excellent grasp on his field of medicine. He teaches me so much and answers all of my questions to my satisfaction. I cannot blame him for my cycles not working. He is very willing to think and work outside the box to give me the best chance of having a biological child possible.
He is the go to RE at PREG for male factor infertility.
Usually did antagonist protocols but did a micro dose lupron flare the last IVF. Very willing to try different protocols if they may be better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Lynne)
The nursing staff changes quite a bit. There are some that are better than others. They are all very nice, but some are more organized. Sometimes you have to remind the nurses to get meds ordered for cycles or send consent forms to be notarized ahead of time. They are much better here than the first clinic I tried.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Great clinic. They are able to handle some complex scenarios right in their office like small outpatient surgeries on men and women. The staff are pretty stable except for the nurses who seem to rotate a bit more around the different satellite clinics. They DO NOT have a policy regarding patients or visitors bringing babies, toddlers or children to the clinic, and there have been MANY times that seeing another patient's baby has been very difficult for me. I have suggested a policy be put in place and so far none has happened. I cannot think of anything else that I would criticize than the lack of a policy surrounding that trigger.
IUI with donor sperm was about $550 plus the cost of sperm and medications. IVF runs about $8000-$10,000 depending on all the elements.
He is great at guiding the patient to a good choice of embryos to try per transfer.
+ Read more- Read less

Even though he gave me hope, it was not false hope. Dr. McCoy shared the risk with me and what I would need to do to offset some of those risks. ... He is very proactive and personable. ... He recognizes that all people are not the same. My issue may look similar but the cause may be different. ... He wrote out a plan, told me my responsibilities and made it a team effort. ... He did not look at my age and my weight and tell me it is impossible.
They [PREG] have a very good record keeping system. Definitely, be prepared for this staff to have everything in order for you. There has never been a question that I called to have answered that was not answered. They have a quick response time, and if they don't know the answer they will find someone who does ... Thorough and informative [nurse]. Everyone that in the office seems to have a very compassionate demeanor
Dr.McCoy was straightforward and to the point. He did not codel the situation and he was very informative in a manner that I could understand. He recognizes that all people are not the same. My issue may look similar but the cause may be different. He gave me hope. He did not look at my age and my weight and tell me it is impossible. He wrote out a plan, told me my responsibilities and made it a team effort. I felt like he wanted me to have a child as much as I want to have a child. And no matter how discouraged I feel, I still know he is and will continue to do his very best. Even though he gave me hope, it was not false hope. Dr. McCoy shared the risk with me and what I would need to do to offset some of those risks. But he never made me feel like we were on an impossible journey. He is very proactive and personable. I have been other places and he is the only one who I felt I could be as candid as I need to be. He has practiced patience with a few personal setbacks that I have had. And even after I had to stop treatment for a moment, when I returned, he was still "Full Steam Ahead" with my treatment.
Expect to know exactly what they will do and what you need to be doing. They will not leave you in the dark.
Thorough and informative. Everyone that in the office seems to have a very compassionate demeanor
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They have a very good record keeping system. Definitely, be prepared for this staff to have everything in order for you. There has never been a question that I called to have answered that was not answered. They have a quick response time, and if they don't know the answer they will find someone who does
+ Read more- Read less

Our first consultation he spent a few hours with us and we never felt rushed. He made us feel as if we were the most important priority he had. ... . When first coming to him we were not under the complete understanding of how severe my endometriosis was and how it played such a part in our infertility journey. Dr. McCoy gave us several different treatment options and through shared decision making he helped guide us to what was the most urgent matter.
At PREG, they offer a free second opinion to patients who have saw another provider and wanted additional information about treatment options available. We were able to use this great feature. They have a financial adviser who is able to sit down with you and go over each cost associated with visits and treatments. They are able to run your insurance and provide you with the amount of coverage you have. This was extremely helpful! And if you are eligible they have different refund programs available as well.
You essentially are able to tell a lot just by the way you have been treated from your first consultation at a clinic. We found that true when spending time with Dr. McCoy. He always makes us feel like your time matters to him. There are never any time constraints or feelings that you are an inconvenience to him. He is a provider who is welcoming to your questions and answers them in great detail. Dr. McCoy always gives us an undeniable feeling of hope and dedication. He truly looks out for the best interest of the patient. When first coming to him we were not under the complete understanding of how severe my endometriosis was and how it played such a part in our infertility journey. Dr. McCoy gave us several different treatment options and through shared decision making he helped guide us to what was the most urgent matter.
Dr. McCoy is very informative he provides you with all the relevant information, for you to select the medical intervention that is right for you. If you have questions ask him. He is a great patient educator.
In the current medical practice environment, physicians face mounting demands on their time. With Dr. Travis McCoy we have never felt pressured in time spent with him. Communication begins from the moment you first meet your doctor. The first consultation we had with Dr. McCoy he listened attentively as we described what brought us to seek his help with infertility. Then he performed a thorough exam, completed a detailed medical history, and based on the information he gathered came up with a detailed plan for our next steps. He not only verbally gave us this information but wrote each step down so we had this to take home for our decision making. Dr. McCoy gives you all your options and supports you in which ever path is right for you and your family. Our first consultation he spent a few hours with us and we never felt rushed. He made us feel as if we were the most important priority he had.
We are currently in the beginning stages. We have had our initial consultation and a follow-up. Our next step is surgery to remove endometriosis prior to IVF treatment.
The nursing staff is very welcoming. They have great communication skills. We were highly impressed that after our visit a staff nurse would call to let us know that they knew there was a lot of information covered and if there were any questions or concerns they were there to assist us .
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group go out of there way to work with each patient. We were able to reschedule due to schedule conflicts a few times and able to get in for appointments within an acceptable amount of time. Everyone is always very prompt, friendly, and phenomenal! Each person there makes you feel as if they are all invested in your journey. So thankful for the doctors, and clinical staff at Preg.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. McCoy took time prior to our visit to review the medical records that we sent over. ... he felt that there was a hormone issue that could be the leading cause of my husband's low sperm count and possibly issues with his vasectomy reversal ... did not make us feel that he was trying to "sell" us IVF. ... It did take us about a month and a half to get an appointment with Dr. McCoy
I really like the fact that they [PREG] have multiple doctors that specialize in different areas. They offer free initial consultations and are realistic about expectations. ... The office is really nice and clean. ... After our first set of labs, I had not heard back from the clinic with the results. ... It has been explained that it is $12,000 per IVF cycle plus medication. ... The nurses have been incredibly caring and do a great job at making me feel like a person and not a number.
I chose Dr. McCoy because at this point we concluded that my husband was the reason we were not becoming pregnant. He did a Facebook live session discussing male infertility, just from watching this session and seeing how knowledgeable I knew I wanted to see him. We have only met with him one time as we are just beginning our journey, but before our appointment, he actually read our medical records! He was very honest about the fact that IVF may be our only option to conceive but did not make us feel that he was trying to "sell" us IVF. He answered all of my questions and provided us with detailed information and together we created an "action plan" to help us get pregnant.
Send all information regarding your and your partner's fertility before your visit.
Dr. McCoy took time prior to our visit to review the medical records that we sent over. He reviewed his medical records with us and explained that his lab work completed by our primary care doctor showed signs of Hypothyroidism which had gone undiagnosed. After carefully reviewing our records and discussing our goals together we created an "action plan".
Currently, we are very early in our treatment. Upon reviewing my husband's prior labs and semen analysis, he felt that there was a hormone issue that could be the leading cause of my husband's low sperm count and possibly issues with his vasectomy reversal, but we needed to start with the production of sperm. Based on recent lab work completed by our primary care provider he gave my husband a prescription for thyroid medicine and then sent us for labs. I was fortunate that my labs were fine but unfortunately, my husbands were not as he is making too much estrogen and not enough testosterone. Dr. McCoy started my husband on medication to suppress his estrogen and told us to come back in one month for additional labs. Fortunately, my husband's hormones are headed in the right direction but are not at an average level yet. He adjusted his medication and he will go back in November for additional lab work and a semen analysis to verify his body is producing sperm.
The nurses have been incredibly caring and do a great job at making me feel like a person and not a number. If we have questions, they either answer them or will find an answer for us. I explained that we had met our yearly out of pocket expenses with health insurance and wanted to take advantage of all procedures that we need to have completed for IVF that our health insurance would cover before the end of the year. That spoke with Dr. McCoy and had no issues beginning that process even though we are not positive we will need IVF at this point. They will do what they can to help us.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I really like the fact that they have multiple doctors that specialize in different areas. They offer free initial consultations and are realistic about expectations. It did take us about a month and a half to get an appointment with Dr. McCoy as his main office is not in West Columbia, but we knew that it was worth the wait. The office is really nice and clean. I have not found a weakness yet!
Currently, we have not paid anything out of pocket due to reaching our cap out of pocket with insurance, but our insurance only covers diagnostic testing and a few other items. It has been explained that it is $12,000 per IVF cycle plus medication.
We have not discussed this process.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. McCoy was patient, kind and informative. When we started I was unsure if IVF was the right route for us but he took time to meet with us and go thru everything and had a very positive outlook. He was always reachable if I had questions. ... Dr. McCoy laid out a plan for treatment ... Dr. McCoy saw the embryos he came to us and said our embryos were textbook good and only wanted to transfer one.
...the clinic [PREG] left something to be desired. ... The people were friendly but it was casual. ... We ended up spending $26,000 total. More than I even thought once I added everything up. ... Much higher than anticipated. ... It was several months before I could bring myself to go back to discuss IVF. And during that time no one checked on us, touched base, nothing. Infertility is hard and I didn't feel like the clinic was warm and supportive ...
Dr. McCoy was patient, kind and informative. When we started I was unsure if IVF was the right route for us but he took time to meet with us and go thru everything and had a very positive outlook. He was always reachable if I had questions. It's a very emotional situation and he understood that and was patient and kind every time we saw him.
Ask every question you can think of, he will answer it. He will take the time to make you feel comfortable.
Dr. McCoy was very patient when explaining everything. He spoke with us several times about options before we started treatment. He has met with us already about trying for a second baby from our frozen embryos and was just as informative and patient this time. I was very emotional and his patience helped ease my anxiety.
Dr. McCoy laid out a plan for treatment, I don't recall the specifics now but go in knowing that it is not set in stone. I wanted a schedule so I could plan around that but your body doesn't work that way. Go in knowing that you will have to go with the flow. My eggs weren't growing as quick as they would've liked and I think I had to do an extra week or hormones before retrieval. I remember Dr. McCoy being concerned that we might only get 10 viable eggs and after the retrieval I had 21! Just be patient and know that Dr. McCoy knows what he is doing and trust that he will help you every way he can.
All of the nurses were nice but I think I saw a different one every time so I didn't get to know the nurses.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I was extremely please with the doctor but the clinic left something to be desired. I didn't feel like they even knew who I was even though we would be there multiple times a week. The people were friendly but it was casual. I see posts on social media celebrating new pregnancies but other than congratulations you're pregnant I don't remember anyone celebrating it or I didn't feel they were that excited for us. The doctor that filled in for Dr. McCoy for our IUI was a jerk. He was very blunt in telling us it wouldn't work but I was emotional and it was hard to take in at the time. It was several months before I could bring myself to go back to discuss IVF. And during that time no one checked on us, touched base, nothing. Infertility is hard and I didn't feel like the clinic was warm and supportive but Dr. McCoy was and he is the reason we want to go back and try again.
Much higher than anticipated. Insurance didn't cover anything. Price for the IVF cycle was $11,000 plus labs and drugs. We ended up spending $26,000 total. More than I even thought once I added everything up.
My husband and I had agreed that we would do up to 2 embryos but when Dr. McCoy saw the embryos he came to us and said our embryos were textbook good and only wanted to transfer one. We were nervous because we so badly wanted it to work but he was right, that one was our perfect little boy!