Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolWest Virginia U.
ResidencyU. of Louisville
FellowshipU. of Louisville
123 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, SC 28803
(828)-210-8284
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Travis McCoy to a friend?
9.7

6.4

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group to a friend?
2016 - 2019
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Never did he [Dr. McCoy] pressure us into doing anything that we were against...he listened to my concerns and always knew me and my husband by name. He always had a bright smile on his face when we saw him... My first appointment with him I explained some of the symptoms I was having, to ensure it was not another medical issue he performed an ultrasound, this was confirmation it was not what we previously thought. This was a small step in the right direction, this also showed me that he listened to me and truly cared about me as an individual and not just another person.
2016 - 2019
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
When I initially schedule a consultation with PREG I had some major anxieties about the whole process. I never thought I would experience infertility given that I previously had children with no medical issues or complications. Dr. McCoy and his staff welcomed me with open arms and were very comforting during the whole process. My first appointment with him I explained some of the symptoms I was having, to ensure it was not another medical issue he performed an ultrasound, this was confirmation it was not what we previously thought. This was a small step in the right direction, this also showed me that he listened to me and truly cared about me as an individual and not just another person. Dr. McCoy explained every procedure in detail and ensured that I understood what direction we were going in all of this, this gave me the confidence to trust in his abilities. Dr. McCoy never made me feel like the possibility of getting pregnant and carrying a child was out of the window. Even when we experienced three failed IUIs and two failed FETs, he reassured me that my journey wasn't over. This is just a storm on the way to my rainbow. I really felt like he cared about my pain, anxiety, frustration, and heartbreak. I also would like to mention his staff, not only are they friendly, but they are caring. In times of heartbreak they were a shoulder to cry on and an ear to vent to. I would highly recommend Dr. McCoy and his staff to anyone who asked.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Be open and honest with how you are feeling, what you expect and be open to change.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group?
Please he listened to my concerns and always knew me and my husband by name. He always had a bright smile on his face when we saw him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Emilie Smith)
Emilie, was a very caring and understanding to say the least. Emilie is caring, understanding, nonjudgmental and has a strong ability to empathize with her patients no matter what life threw at us. She was non-judgmental, a very good emotional support and counselor to me as patient throughout this entire difficult time for me trying to conceive. Her communication skills were solid, her compassion was over the top and her empathy was indescribable. There was never a time that I had a question Emilie wouldn't hesitate to give me the answer or ask my doctor and get back with me.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
PREG Columbia atmosphere is very inviting and comfortable. We were able to get appointments and/or procedures scheduled with no hassle. I was always able to be open and honest with the staff about my feelings on any occasion I had an appointment. The rooms were always ready and clean when I arrived. My only weaknesses would be Dr McCoy wasn't always at this location.
Describe Travis McCoy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Dr McCoy agreed to allowing us to do multiples because of my age. Never did he pressure us into doing anything that we were against.
Columbia

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He [Dr. McCoy] Listened with the intent to understand what I’ve been through. Also, to gather factors in my life that may be causing the unexplained infertility. ... Also was candid about my age and the risks of using my own eggs. He didn’t say no to any of the options, but i appreciates how he highlighted the risks. We all love to hear the good, but knowing the risks allow us to make more rational decisions especially dealing with fertility.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He explained what all my options were. Also was candid about my age and the risks of using my own eggs. He didn’t say no to any of the options, but i appreciates how he highlighted the risks. We all love to hear the good, but knowing the risks allow us to make more rational decisions especially dealing with fertility.
Be open to all of his advice. Ask all your questions up front don’t be afraid, he will be honest with you. I took a break to get my mind right and alleviate stress as much as possible.
He Listened with the intent to understand what I’ve been through. Also, to gather factors in my life that may be causing the unexplained infertility.
Describe the protocols Travis McCoy used in your cycles at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group and their degree of success.
I had a consult- took a break and I’m back on track now with my first appointment in the coming days. My mind is ready and happy.
Keep in touch with me while I was taking my break. When I prayed and asked God when was the right time, I received an email for the staff asking me was there anything they could do to help me. I immediately told them, I was just about to reach out to you to restart my process. I know it’s my time to try again with my husband.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Very welcoming clinic. It is spread out and a lot of privacy. Also, they call you back quickly. They even follow up via text which is important for working and busy expecting parents. Sometime when you call they are busy, but I really like the fact that even though I’m calling the Asheville office someone no matter if it is the Greenville office will answer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Travis McCoy at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They had a coupon for the consultation. Checking their website is awesome. Sometimes they offer discounts. That was helpful considering we jus moved from overseas and were caring for my parents. Some of it will be covered by my insurance, which helps a lot. He is in network.

2017 - 2019
I feel like when he told my wife and I he wasn’t blunt or cold, he did the best he could to make sure we understood everything that was going on with us and what options we had. We’re thankful for having him as our doctor and would absolutely recommend him to anyone. ... Docotr McCoy tries to explain everything while taking into account your specific problems instead of giving a prepared speech, that makes it easier to understand, it also inspires trust.
2017 - 2019
I think Dr.McCoy does the best he can considering he gives devastating news to his patients. There is no easy way to tell someone that they have problems conceiving or that they can’t conceive at all. There is no way to sugar coat something like that. I feel like when he told my wife and I he wasn’t blunt or cold, he did the best he could to make sure we understood everything that was going on with us and what options we had. We’re thankful for having him as our doctor and would absolutely recommend him to anyone.
Fertility issues are more common than most people think. It’s just not talked about enough. Go see Dr.McCoy with an open mind and trust his work. He’s there to help.
We are doing IVF. He explained how my wife will have to first be on birth control for a few weeks to control her menstrual cycle so the doctors know when to retrieve the eggs but not before going a few weeks of getting hormone shots. One of the stategies he explained was that the embrios would be frozen for a month before doing the transfer to give my wife’s body time to get clean it’s self and get rid of some of those extra hormones and in exchange that would increase the chances of success, we were very pleased to hear that. Once the transfer is done he explained that it would take around 11 days to be able to tell if she is pregnant or not. He explained the whole process in detail, alot better than I can right now.
I don’t know if this is a coincidence, but a couple of times that I uave called the office nobody picks up the phone. It takes a few tries.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
This is our first time being cared for by a fertility clinic so we weren’t sure what to expuand we’re just starting IVF so I could probably give more input once we’re done. But until now we have no complaints. We’ve been pleased with your services and we’re happily putting all our money and trust on your facility.
We haven’t paid yet
My wife and I at first thought we would ne doing a multitude embryo transfer. Dr.McCoy explained that he would rather do a single embryo transfer because there is a probability of conceiving twins and because my wife has never been pregnant before it would be safer to reduce the risk of having twins because we don’t not know how her body will react to the pregnancy. He explained that having twins could have a risk of complications during the pregnancy. Considering that, it made sense for us to agree with his logic even though we wouldn’t of mind having twins.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. McCoy is very honest and told us, we have options you may not like them or agree but we have them. I liked his approach because my past doctors told me to remove my ovaries and that was all the could do. Dr. McCoy was able to provide me with another alternative. We will continue to work with him and PREG in the future.... Right now, my husband is on Clomid since 2017. I had endometriosis removal surgery Oct. 2017. After the surgery Dr. McCoy found that our chances were better with donor embryos
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
See him with an open mind, listen, and ask questions. Going through IVF is hard from start to finish, and it doesn't get any easier. Dr.McCoy has the same goal in mind but sometimes the plans aren't the same, but he is the expert.
My husband saw doctor McCoy first and I went with him. Even though my husband was his patient first he really made me feel welcome. Started my testing right away. Still, as we've moved through the process, Dr. McCoy answers all of our questions in a manner that is on the same level and not above us.
Right now, my husband is on Clomid since 2017. I had endometriosis removal surgery Oct. 2017. After the surgery Dr. McCoy found that our chances were better with donor embryos. We don't have insurance or the funds to afford regular IVF.
In the beginning, I called so much and they never seemed bothered. Always kind and pleasant.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Strengths- kind, sympathize with you, they even know us by first names. Very helpful with all my questions and Holly, she is the strongest person there! She is so friendly and no matter what crazy question I have about future costs, she is helpful and so sweet about it. no weaknesses
IVF treatments are expensive and we have not be able to figure out how we will be able to afford it. We don't have the best insurance coverage, but my husband has diagnostic coverage, I have nothing. I've paid out of pockets so far $4,000 after my surgery.
Columbia

Dr. McCoy talked to us, in the beginning, about how everything works and he didn't sugar coat anything. He gave us the information about how successful this process is and at the same time seemed exited for the outcome it could bring. He was very respectful and was always there to answer questions.... Dr. McCoy recommended single embry transfer, but gave us the option to do multiple (two) embryo transfer.... The first one was a fresh embryo transfer and the other 3 were frozen embryo transfers.
It can be a long journey, but it's well worth it. Don't give up hope and trust the doctors at PREG. They care and know what they are doing.
It has been a long journey for us trying to have a child. Dr. McCoy and his team were there for us every step of the way. We have been through 4 cycles trying to get pregnant and then have a successful pregnancy. It has been a long road, but we would recommend Dr. McCoy and his team to anyone. The team were just as excited as we were each time a pregnancy occurred and wanted to check up on us with currently being pregnant. They have all treated us with great respect and they have felt the pain of this journey as well as the excitement.
I had to take a course of injections and oral medications to get ready for egg retrieval. We did the egg retrieval along with creating the embryos. We did 4 cycles total. The first one was a fresh embryo transfer and the other 3 were frozen embryo transfers. We tried one single transfer the first two times and then the other two times were two embryos. They did testing to check for different things after the first miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Debra)
Debra was a very kind and compassionate nurse. She was comforting during the hard times (miscarriage, negative pregancy test). She wanted for us to keep her updated on the current pregnancy. She really cares.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic was always there to help and answer questions. They always returned my calls if I had to leave a message. If one person was not there, another would pick up my messages and always call back over a concern. My prescriptions were always called in on time. I'm a worrier and they would always calm my fears.
For the initial IVF procedure it was between 12,000 and 15,000. The frozen embryo transfers it was between 3,500 and 4,000.

4 IUI, 4 IVF, Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. McCoy makes time for me. If I need to talk to him, he schedules time to talk on the phone. He also answers emails very quickly. ... He is very willing to think and work outside the box to give me the best chance of having a biological child possible. ... He is extremely trustworthy and thorough and seems to have an excellent grasp on his field of medicine.
4 IUI, 4 IVF, Egg Freezing, 3 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He is extremely trustworthy and thorough and seems to have an excellent grasp on his field of medicine. He teaches me so much and answers all of my questions to my satisfaction. I cannot blame him for my cycles not working. He is very willing to think and work outside the box to give me the best chance of having a biological child possible.
He is the go to RE at PREG for male factor infertility.
Usually did antagonist protocols but did a micro dose lupron flare the last IVF. Very willing to try different protocols if they may be better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Lynne)
The nursing staff changes quite a bit. There are some that are better than others. They are all very nice, but some are more organized. Sometimes you have to remind the nurses to get meds ordered for cycles or send consent forms to be notarized ahead of time. They are much better here than the first clinic I tried.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Great clinic. They are able to handle some complex scenarios right in their office like small outpatient surgeries on men and women. The staff are pretty stable except for the nurses who seem to rotate a bit more around the different satellite clinics. They DO NOT have a policy regarding patients or visitors bringing babies, toddlers or children to the clinic, and there have been MANY times that seeing another patient's baby has been very difficult for me. I have suggested a policy be put in place and so far none has happened. I cannot think of anything else that I would criticize than the lack of a policy surrounding that trigger.
IUI with donor sperm was about $550 plus the cost of sperm and medications. IVF runs about $8000-$10,000 depending on all the elements.
He is great at guiding the patient to a good choice of embryos to try per transfer.
Greenville

Even though he gave me hope, it was not false hope. Dr. McCoy shared the risk with me and what I would need to do to offset some of those risks. ... He is very proactive and personable. ... He recognizes that all people are not the same. My issue may look similar but the cause may be different. ... He wrote out a plan, told me my responsibilities and made it a team effort. ... He did not look at my age and my weight and tell me it is impossible.
Dr.McCoy was straightforward and to the point. He did not codel the situation and he was very informative in a manner that I could understand. He recognizes that all people are not the same. My issue may look similar but the cause may be different. He gave me hope. He did not look at my age and my weight and tell me it is impossible. He wrote out a plan, told me my responsibilities and made it a team effort. I felt like he wanted me to have a child as much as I want to have a child. And no matter how discouraged I feel, I still know he is and will continue to do his very best. Even though he gave me hope, it was not false hope. Dr. McCoy shared the risk with me and what I would need to do to offset some of those risks. But he never made me feel like we were on an impossible journey. He is very proactive and personable. I have been other places and he is the only one who I felt I could be as candid as I need to be. He has practiced patience with a few personal setbacks that I have had. And even after I had to stop treatment for a moment, when I returned, he was still "Full Steam Ahead" with my treatment.
Expect to know exactly what they will do and what you need to be doing. They will not leave you in the dark.
Thorough and informative. Everyone that in the office seems to have a very compassionate demeanor
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They have a very good record keeping system. Definitely, be prepared for this staff to have everything in order for you. There has never been a question that I called to have answered that was not answered. They have a quick response time, and if they don't know the answer they will find someone who does
Greenville

Our first consultation he spent a few hours with us and we never felt rushed. He made us feel as if we were the most important priority he had. ... . When first coming to him we were not under the complete understanding of how severe my endometriosis was and how it played such a part in our infertility journey. Dr. McCoy gave us several different treatment options and through shared decision making he helped guide us to what was the most urgent matter.
You essentially are able to tell a lot just by the way you have been treated from your first consultation at a clinic. We found that true when spending time with Dr. McCoy. He always makes us feel like your time matters to him. There are never any time constraints or feelings that you are an inconvenience to him. He is a provider who is welcoming to your questions and answers them in great detail. Dr. McCoy always gives us an undeniable feeling of hope and dedication. He truly looks out for the best interest of the patient. When first coming to him we were not under the complete understanding of how severe my endometriosis was and how it played such a part in our infertility journey. Dr. McCoy gave us several different treatment options and through shared decision making he helped guide us to what was the most urgent matter.
Dr. McCoy is very informative he provides you with all the relevant information, for you to select the medical intervention that is right for you. If you have questions ask him. He is a great patient educator.
In the current medical practice environment, physicians face mounting demands on their time. With Dr. Travis McCoy we have never felt pressured in time spent with him. Communication begins from the moment you first meet your doctor. The first consultation we had with Dr. McCoy he listened attentively as we described what brought us to seek his help with infertility. Then he performed a thorough exam, completed a detailed medical history, and based on the information he gathered came up with a detailed plan for our next steps. He not only verbally gave us this information but wrote each step down so we had this to take home for our decision making. Dr. McCoy gives you all your options and supports you in which ever path is right for you and your family. Our first consultation he spent a few hours with us and we never felt rushed. He made us feel as if we were the most important priority he had.
We are currently in the beginning stages. We have had our initial consultation and a follow-up. Our next step is surgery to remove endometriosis prior to IVF treatment.
The nursing staff is very welcoming. They have great communication skills. We were highly impressed that after our visit a staff nurse would call to let us know that they knew there was a lot of information covered and if there were any questions or concerns they were there to assist us .
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group go out of there way to work with each patient. We were able to reschedule due to schedule conflicts a few times and able to get in for appointments within an acceptable amount of time. Everyone is always very prompt, friendly, and phenomenal! Each person there makes you feel as if they are all invested in your journey. So thankful for the doctors, and clinical staff at Preg.
At PREG, they offer a free second opinion to patients who have saw another provider and wanted additional information about treatment options available. We were able to use this great feature. They have a financial adviser who is able to sit down with you and go over each cost associated with visits and treatments. They are able to run your insurance and provide you with the amount of coverage you have. This was extremely helpful! And if you are eligible they have different refund programs available as well.
Asheville

Dr. McCoy took time prior to our visit to review the medical records that we sent over. ... he felt that there was a hormone issue that could be the leading cause of my husband's low sperm count and possibly issues with his vasectomy reversal ... did not make us feel that he was trying to "sell" us IVF. ... It did take us about a month and a half to get an appointment with Dr. McCoy
I chose Dr. McCoy because at this point we concluded that my husband was the reason we were not becoming pregnant. He did a Facebook live session discussing male infertility, just from watching this session and seeing how knowledgeable I knew I wanted to see him. We have only met with him one time as we are just beginning our journey, but before our appointment, he actually read our medical records! He was very honest about the fact that IVF may be our only option to conceive but did not make us feel that he was trying to "sell" us IVF. He answered all of my questions and provided us with detailed information and together we created an "action plan" to help us get pregnant.
Send all information regarding your and your partner's fertility before your visit.
Dr. McCoy took time prior to our visit to review the medical records that we sent over. He reviewed his medical records with us and explained that his lab work completed by our primary care doctor showed signs of Hypothyroidism which had gone undiagnosed. After carefully reviewing our records and discussing our goals together we created an "action plan".
Currently, we are very early in our treatment. Upon reviewing my husband's prior labs and semen analysis, he felt that there was a hormone issue that could be the leading cause of my husband's low sperm count and possibly issues with his vasectomy reversal, but we needed to start with the production of sperm. Based on recent lab work completed by our primary care provider he gave my husband a prescription for thyroid medicine and then sent us for labs. I was fortunate that my labs were fine but unfortunately, my husbands were not as he is making too much estrogen and not enough testosterone. Dr. McCoy started my husband on medication to suppress his estrogen and told us to come back in one month for additional labs. Fortunately, my husband's hormones are headed in the right direction but are not at an average level yet. He adjusted his medication and he will go back in November for additional lab work and a semen analysis to verify his body is producing sperm.
The nurses have been incredibly caring and do a great job at making me feel like a person and not a number. If we have questions, they either answer them or will find an answer for us. I explained that we had met our yearly out of pocket expenses with health insurance and wanted to take advantage of all procedures that we need to have completed for IVF that our health insurance would cover before the end of the year. That spoke with Dr. McCoy and had no issues beginning that process even though we are not positive we will need IVF at this point. They will do what they can to help us.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I really like the fact that they have multiple doctors that specialize in different areas. They offer free initial consultations and are realistic about expectations. It did take us about a month and a half to get an appointment with Dr. McCoy as his main office is not in West Columbia, but we knew that it was worth the wait. The office is really nice and clean. I have not found a weakness yet!
Currently, we have not paid anything out of pocket due to reaching our cap out of pocket with insurance, but our insurance only covers diagnostic testing and a few other items. It has been explained that it is $12,000 per IVF cycle plus medication.
We have not discussed this process.
Greenville

Dr. McCoy was patient, kind and informative. When we started I was unsure if IVF was the right route for us but he took time to meet with us and go thru everything and had a very positive outlook. He was always reachable if I had questions. ... Dr. McCoy laid out a plan for treatment ... Dr. McCoy saw the embryos he came to us and said our embryos were textbook good and only wanted to transfer one.
Dr. McCoy was patient, kind and informative. When we started I was unsure if IVF was the right route for us but he took time to meet with us and go thru everything and had a very positive outlook. He was always reachable if I had questions. It's a very emotional situation and he understood that and was patient and kind every time we saw him.
Ask every question you can think of, he will answer it. He will take the time to make you feel comfortable.
Dr. McCoy was very patient when explaining everything. He spoke with us several times about options before we started treatment. He has met with us already about trying for a second baby from our frozen embryos and was just as informative and patient this time. I was very emotional and his patience helped ease my anxiety.
Dr. McCoy laid out a plan for treatment, I don't recall the specifics now but go in knowing that it is not set in stone. I wanted a schedule so I could plan around that but your body doesn't work that way. Go in knowing that you will have to go with the flow. My eggs weren't growing as quick as they would've liked and I think I had to do an extra week or hormones before retrieval. I remember Dr. McCoy being concerned that we might only get 10 viable eggs and after the retrieval I had 21! Just be patient and know that Dr. McCoy knows what he is doing and trust that he will help you every way he can.
All of the nurses were nice but I think I saw a different one every time so I didn't get to know the nurses.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I was extremely please with the doctor but the clinic left something to be desired. I didn't feel like they even knew who I was even though we would be there multiple times a week. The people were friendly but it was casual. I see posts on social media celebrating new pregnancies but other than congratulations you're pregnant I don't remember anyone celebrating it or I didn't feel they were that excited for us. The doctor that filled in for Dr. McCoy for our IUI was a jerk. He was very blunt in telling us it wouldn't work but I was emotional and it was hard to take in at the time. It was several months before I could bring myself to go back to discuss IVF. And during that time no one checked on us, touched base, nothing. Infertility is hard and I didn't feel like the clinic was warm and supportive but Dr. McCoy was and he is the reason we want to go back and try again.
Much higher than anticipated. Insurance didn't cover anything. Price for the IVF cycle was $11,000 plus labs and drugs. We ended up spending $26,000 total. More than I even thought once I added everything up.
My husband and I had agreed that we would do up to 2 embryos but when Dr. McCoy saw the embryos he came to us and said our embryos were textbook good and only wanted to transfer one. We were nervous because we so badly wanted it to work but he was right, that one was our perfect little boy!
Greenville

Dr. McCoy was very responsive to my questions and needs. He was understanding of the restrictions of my job and worked with me to make my appointments and cycles work (ie phone visits when I could not make office visits). He is very honest about the difficulties we face and is willing to discuss the details of treatments so that I and my husband fully understand...Be sure and ask questions about how your treatment plan s tailored to you. Dr. McCoy is great at explaining this!
He is understanding, compassionate and honest about the difficulties we face with conceiving. He is easy to get a hold of when needed and responsive to all questions/concerns. He is understanding of the restrictions of my job and works with me to make my cycles possible while continuing to work.
IVF cycle: I have low ovarian reserve so my injection dosages where adjusted to try and stimulate as many follicles as possible. My husband unfortunately does not produce sperm so when he underwent testicular exploration to look for sperm, Dr. McCoy advised us to have a backup donor for my IVF cycle. I was closely monitored throughout the cycle with ultrasounds and my retrieval date was moved forward based on my progress. Unfortunately, our single fertilized egg arrested so I could not undergo embryo transfer. IUI: I was placed on high dose and prolonged course of letrozole in conjunction with Gonal F injection x3. Once again this was for my low ovarian reserve and trying to stimulate follicles. My first IUI was unsuccessful and I just completed my second insemination.
Very accessible and responsive to questions. Extremely understanding and supportive of me and my husband. I usually see the same nurses at each visit which is great for putting me at ease.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Welcoming and kind staff. They are very responsive to questions and promptly return any calls. The clinic itself is very calming and quiet. I have had visits at both the Columbia ad Greenville clinic and think both are great! My advice to a new patient would be to be on time to appointments as they are very prompt. Oftentimes, you are called back for lab draws, nurses visits, etc within 5-10 minutes of arrival. This is great for scheduling your day and keeping your life on time.
My insurance covers much of my fertility treatment costs. Office visit copays are usually less than $50. My IVF cycle was ~$4K upfront and IVF medications were ~$6K. I pay nearly nothing for the IUI cycles.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
Dr McCoy was extremely knowledgeable about endometriosis and my chances of conception. He was very kind and not at all condescending while explaining what was happening to me hormonally. He reassured me with a plan of action that he wrote down for me to follow, including hormonal medications and drawings of what my uterus was going through vs where we want it to be. He gently informed me I’ll eventually need more surgery and explained that he doesn’t take my insurance but that it might pay to just buy a plan for 1 month to make it at least somewhat affordable, since no other surgeon in this area is quite as specialized as him when it comes to good endometriosis removal results. I walked out of the room feeling well informed, cared for, and in control.
European, Middle Eastern, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Other
Bring a notebook!
Dr McCoy was extremely thorough & answered all my questions in an informative, concise, yet gentle manner. He was very sensitive as is the subject at hand, which I felt was very appropriate. It was nice to be treated in a considerate kind way while also having all my concerns addressed.
He said I don’t need to come back until the moment we are ready to start trying
They are generally wonderful. But I did have an issue with one of the nurses not looking at my chart thoroughly before speaking with me, and made many assumptions about my situation which turned out to not be the case. She told me that my AMH levels were very low, so we “shouldn’t wait a year” to start trying. She said the doctor would explain it more once I came in for an ultrasound on the second day of my period. So I called back on the first day of my period to schedule something, and after speaking with the doctor, another nurse informed me that my endometriosis surgery scarring and the endometriosis itself was most likely the culprit for my AMH results, and that I didn’t need an ultrasound at all. The woman had just assumed I was already trying when we haven’t even gotten started yet. I was planning on finishing my last year of graduate school for social work, since I’m physically limited due to multiple extensive spinal fusions and chronic pain, i won’t have the energy time or capacity to finish it once a child arrives. But based on what the first nurse told me, I decided to pull out of the program until we sort out what’s going on. So it turns out I delayed for no reason, which is extremely frustrating.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The office is very organized and the staff is very kind. The waiting area is lovely and clean, and the wait isn’t long at all. The paperwork isn’t bad either. They also have plenty of magazines, so it’s sort of kid-friendly as well.
He said I can’t afford his endometriosis surgery with my insurance that he doesn’t take, and suggested I buy some if I want to see him for the surgery. He has the best results in the area and I don’t want to have to travel out of state.
Greenville

Dr. McCoy talked to us directly and plainly. He didn't use overly-technical words, and gave us his honest opinion on our treatment with another doctor. He allowed me to ask as many questions as I wanted, and was very sympathetic to our situation. ... I've been pregnant three times, and miscarried twice, so we know that I can have a successful pregnancy. ... He advised using different, less expensive, medications to achieve the same result. ... Dr.McCoy discussed our history with us in a way that was easily understandable. ...
Dr.McCoy discussed our history with us in a way that was easily understandable. He listened closely to our answers, with great follow up questions that allowed him to form a complete understanding of our situation. He offered different courses of treatment, and was very willing to work with us.
Get a second opinion! Dr. McCoy was our second opinion, and even though we haven't conceived (yet!) I do have hope. He will work with you within your comfort zone and financial means.
I've been pregnant three times, and miscarried twice, so we know that I can have a successful pregnancy. We had already spent over $20,000 when we came to Dr. McCoy for a second opinion. He advised using different, less expensive, medications to achieve the same result. He was right! I'm producing quality eggs in good frequency for so much less than we were paying with a more expensive options. It's just a numbers game from here - I believe we will get pregnant!
Every nurse we have worked with has shown us kindness, compassion, and answered questions fully, or found an answer quickly. Many of them have been through infertility themselves, and can empathize on a level that is comforting.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
PREG is a clean, comfortable facility with kind staff. They have multiple, easily accessible locations that make it easy to work with them, even if you live in a different town. They have seen me promptly for every appointment. They are well organized, willing to answer questions, and friendly.
The 2nd opinion was totally free! Dr. McCoy spent about an hour with us on our first consultation, getting to know us and our history. The treatment at PREG is about 1/2 the cost of the other fertility clinic we used.
Columbia

Dr. McCoy did a great job of informing us about the possibilities every step of the way. ... My husband had a micro-tese to retrieve sperm. Dr. McCoy explained to us that when he went in for his procedure, he would first try to aspirate sperm in an easier way, but the micro-tese might be necessary. ... I am a relatively young and healthy individual so we kept things pretty standard. He also frequently mentioned that we could make adjustments if we felt they were necessary for my comfort or our success.
Dr. McCoy did a great job of informing us about the possibilities every step of the way. This is a scary process and the uncertainty is difficult, but we truly felt like he went above and beyond to explain what was going on in great detail and, despite seeing all kinds of outcomes on a regular basis, he seemed to legitimately care that this isn't an easy process.
Ask questions! He's great about trying to answer in the best way that he can. Even in instances when the answer is that he simply doesn't know -- he'll be honest about that.
Dr. McCoy seems to legitimately care about helping his patients have a child. He was very careful to explain all possible outcomes in a way that was easy to understand.
My husband had a micro-tese to retrieve sperm. Dr. McCoy explained to us that when he went in for his procedure, he would first try to aspirate sperm in an easier way, but the micro-tese might be necessary. It was and doing so gave us the ability to make five embryos. On my side, Dr. McCoy worked to regulate my hormones with gonal-F, birth control, estrogen and progesterone. The idea being that I am a relatively young and healthy individual so we kept things pretty standard. He also frequently mentioned that we could make adjustments if we felt they were necessary for my comfort or our success.
The nurses are incredibly kind and patient and always willing to answer questions. We even had a nurse who wasn't involved in our transfer pop her head in just to say hello after the procedure and that little moment won't be easily forgotten. Fertility issues are incredibly tough to deal with. Having a team that makes you feel like they genuinely care makes all the difference in the world.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I cannot say enough nice things about the staff at PREG in Greenville. From the women at the front desk who get me checked in without me even having to remind them who I am, to the phlebotomists who make constant blood draws as comfortable as possible, everyone there has been wonderful to me and my husband during this sometimes scary time. I am not aware of any weaknesses. These men and women answer calls after hours, they're patient with people who are scared and don't know if what they're experiencing is normal or abnormal and they're just so good at treating you like a human. I would 100% recommend PREG to anyone.
Roughly $25,000 total for my husbands surgery, my egg retrieval, various blood draws and ultrasounds, my medicines and the transfer.
I do not have any comments.
Greenville

He [Dr. Travis McCoy] prescribed clomid to me (husband) to improve my sperm count with great success. I went from less than 1 or 2 million sperm to close to 200 million. He also prescribed and adjusted medication as needed to my wife to help her regulate her cycle and to ovulate.... Dr. McCoy can be direct at times but not in a bad way. He made sure we understood the potential outcomes of all treatments and always left us feeling hopeful for the next treatment. If there is anything to improve on, it’s maybe being more available during our visits since we didn’t see him every time. However, we didn’t need to see him every time so that’s not something we hold against him. He’s a great doctor to have during this process.
Be ready with questions because he’ll be able to answer anything you ask.
Dr. McCoy was very professional but also went out of his way to explain everything about the treatment plan in an easy to understand manner. He didn’t make false promises or project negativity about any of the results.
He prescribed clomid to me (husband) to improve my sperm count with great success. I went from less than 1 or 2 million sperm to close to 200 million. He also prescribed and adjusted medication as needed to my wife to help her regulate her cycle and to ovulate.
I didn’t deal with them too much, as I didn’t need to go as much as my wife. From what I heard from her, the nurses always were nice to her and helpful. The nurses also told me nice things about my wife they noticed during her visits, which I thought was a great example of patient care.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Preg is a great place to go for anyone having infertility issues. They don’t promise you things they can’t deliver, but they will do everything possible to make the process easy to understand. We always felt hopeful when we left our visits, thanks to the staff’s professionalism, kindness, and upbeat attitudes.
IUI was $475. Semen analysis was about $100.
Greenville

We only met with Dr. McCoy once because we're just beginning infertility treatment. He identified and conducted a surgery that helped with our unique situation (my wife has two ovaries) and we'd have no complaints about the results.... Looking at all our factors, age, endometriosis, two ovaries, etc. Dr. McCoy looked at all options outside of IVF to give us a chance and was very helpful at giving us percentages. Based on our previous experiences, he made helpful recommendations and the pros and cons of whether to move forward with IVF or not. I appreciate his open mind.
We only met with Dr. McCoy once because we're just beginning infertility treatment. He identified and conducted a surgery that helped with our unique situation (my wife has two ovaries) and we'd have no complaints about the results. However we're just about to begin IVF so not sure what the future holds for us!
Ask questions! Leave with a plan in place.
He took the time to document all the factors to our situation, things we can do to help those factors and how reasonable it was to do them. He answered all of my prying questions :)
The system for billing as pre-payment and dealing with insurance has been a difficult process. One of our visits wasn't billed to insurance and we had to correct that.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I would recommend that you make sure you have already thought through your questions and have an idea of what you're wanting. It's good to have an open mind, but have a conversation about how far you're willing to go (IVF, egg donor, etc.) and have some questions written down so that you have a direction to take when meeting with the doctor.
We've just begun the process. It does seem like the charges are high for some appointments, but obviously they factor in that insurance will reduce it.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Travis McCoy] was very knowledgeable in my medical concerns and gave his honest opinion of what treatment he thinks will work best. He wasn’t pushy with his recommendation and wasn’t irritated or annoyed with my notebook full of questions.... We then started with letrozole once it was determined I was t ovulating due to irregular periods. An HSG was preformed to ensure my fallopian gives weren’t blocked and it was confirmed they were open and my uterus appeared in good shape. I took letrozole for four cycles with timed intercourse. A trigger shot was administered on the third cycle. We took a break this month and will try again in December.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
He was very knowledgeable in my medical concerns and gave his honest opinion of what treatment he thinks will work best. He wasn’t pushy with his recommendation and wasn’t irritated or annoyed with my notebook full of questions.
To be open minded and positive. Infertility is a sensitive issue. Trust his judgement but also listen to your gut. You know your body better than anyone else.
I don’t feel rushed during our appointments and he is very thorough with his explanations
When we first met we had to test out my hug from my ectopic. We then started with letrozole once it was determined I was t ovulating due to irregular periods. An HSG was preformed to ensure my fallopian gives weren’t blocked and it was confirmed they were open and my uterus appeared in good shape. I took letrozole for four cycles with timed intercourse. A trigger shot was administered on the third cycle. We took a break this month and will try again in December. We have not fallen pregnant yet but we are extremely hopeful
They are very helpful and friendly. They greet me with a smile and always ask how they can assist me. They are a great support for the doctors
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are friendly and provide great customer service. They are sensitive to the issues and make you feel comfortable and like a person and not a number. The way their phone system is set up can be annoying. You have to leave a message for the nurses line anytime you need something. They listen to the voicemails and call you back in the order of which the call was received. Sometimes however it can take a few hours for them to get back with you which can be extremely frustrating
We are currently $2000 or so in and have more treatments since we are not yet pregnant

Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr McCoy is a very intelligent man, but doesn't treat you like you're just some number to him. He is caring and compassionate. He takes time to listen to you and your concerns. You definitely do not feel rushed to get out of his office. He answers all questions and gives you hope to your situation. He's a very busy provider and his schedule proves that, but you don't get that sense of rush when you are in front of him. He is also a top notch surgeon who gave me hope when several other providers only had bad news. I had to go into surgery to fix one issue, but he made sure to check other things out in there to prevent having to go back in later.
European, Other
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He is very busy, so be patient. He is worth the wait.
Whether I or my husband were seeing Dr McCoy that day, he acted as if we had just talked to him the day before. He was always friendly, positive, and knowledgeable. He is very smart, but easy to talk to. Very personable and listens.
Clomid and Letrozole to treat my anovulation. Then we discovered that my husband probably hadale infertility. That was analyized and he was give the same medications. We have been through 2 IUIs that were unsuccessful. Taking a break at this time due to finances.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: MiKayla)
MiKayla is so sweet. I typically communicate with her through emails. She never seems like I'm a bother. She is always helpful.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I enjoy PREG. Unfortunately they don't take parents from self pay patients, so that's made us have to take a break with treatments, but that's the only negative I have to say about PREG. They are always nice and helpful on the phone. Wait times are super fast from the lobby. Office is always clean and quiet. I've been to Asheville, Spartanburg, and Greenville offices.
While I had insurance, I didn't have to pay anything other than copay. Once we lost insurance, we had to pay $475 up front for both IUI procedures.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
I never, ever leave the office with questions. Half the time Dr. McCoy answers my questions before I even ask them.... My experience as a patient has been excellent in regards to Dr. McCoy. With upsetting news he has been matter of fact, which is what I personally need from my doctor.... If you need to be coddled as a patient you may want to look elsewhere. Dr. McCoy is excellent but there isn't a lot of handholding.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
My experience as a patient has been excellent in regards to Dr. McCoy. With upsetting news he has been matter of fact, which is what I personally need from my doctor. I always know what my options are and what, exactly, is involved with each option.
At first we didn't really know what was wrong so we tried Letrozole with a trigger shot for a few cycles. It seemed like I was producing follicles but there was no resulting pregnancy. We moved on and did a few more tests to find that I have low AMH. Our options became to continue the Letrozole with trigger, IVF with my own eggs, or IVF with donor eggs. We haven't started IVF yet so I can't really say what the results are.
I have zero negative comments about the nursing staff. The three nurses that I've seen have all been amazing.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Every single staff member (doctors, nurses, office staff) have been genuinely nice and considerate. Return phone calls take a few days if it's not an immediate medical issue. On the other side of that, an immediate medical issue will get you a return call in less than twenty-four hours.
My insurance paid a portion of each visit so I can't really give an idea of what care looks like without insurance. I can say that one IVF cycle is going to cost around $6500 out of pocket with insurance paying 80% and not including medications.
Dr. McCoy is strongly against transferring more than one embryo for me.

Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. McCoy met with me individually, with my partner, explained and wrote things out. He spoke to us with care and concern, expressing his feelings about what could or could not happen. He was very direct and open, which is something I prefer. I appreciated knowing every little detail...He also used paper to draw things out to clarify even more, to be sure my partner and I understood everything in front of us.
Uterine Fibroids, Other
Dr. McCoy was very detailed, showed his experience in his field, explained in detail about the process and what to expect, good or bad. He also used paper to draw things out to clarify even more, to be sure my partner and I understood everything in front of us.
Lay it all out for him. Tell him EXACTLY what you want.
I do not remember the exact protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Megan)
Megan was AMAZING!! After meeting me for the first time, she instantly built a great rapport with me and made me feel so comfortable. I suffer with anxiety, so she made me feel so calm and at ease. Megan cared for me each time I had an appointment. She would even come out into the lobby to talk to me until I was called back, then go to meet me in back. We have a phenomenal relationship and I hope to get an opportunity to try again just to see Megan!
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
This clinic is very clean, spacious, neat, plenty of parenting items to read, pictures of past patients & their babies; which is such a joy to see. I love the atmosphere there. Front desk staff are very nice and genuine, being sure to take care of you as soon as you walk in. The bathrooms are always clean, something we all want at a doctor's office. The rooms are always very neat, clean, and prepared for the patient. Last but not least, check out is a breeze. Everyone smiles, they know you by first name, and it's always a pleasure to visit.
The cost for the IUI was expensive for me, but I TRULY want to be a mother so I used my savings to pay for it out of pocket because my insurance doesn't cover it. Also, the donor sperm is much more expensive. I have 2 best friends that I have been previously sexually active with years ago, that agreed to be my sperm donor, but I'm not very clear on what happened with that. It would have been more cost efficient for me.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. McCoy took his time to explain everything in great detail to me, even when I asked the same questions more than once. He is very patient and kind and I never felt rushed. He genuinely seemed concerned if I was unsure or confused about my process. ... Dr McCoy ended up removing 31 fibroids from my uterus ... Later, he told me that my uterus would be normal again after the healing process which was not long, and that I would be able to carry my own child. It was truly amazing to hear this news needless to say.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
I can’t say enough about Dr. McCoy. He is a God send. Another doctor that I had seen in Spartanburg recommended me having a hysterectomy after I was hospitalized for fibroids and an enlarged uterus. Because I have never had children in the past so this was not an option for me but my doctor didn’t really refer me to any specialist or point me in the direction of different options for me. So luckily, a friend had mentioned that she used PREG and she was able to conceive with IVF. I made an appointment with them and started my journey to learning other options. After tests and MRI I was told that I had many many fibroids and these needed to be removed before any other treatment could be done for me. I met with Dr. McCoy and he discussed options of removing these fibroids. My main concern was that I wanted to preserve my uterus as much as possible to be able to possibly carry to term with the help of IVF. Any option other than a hysterectomy was something I needed to hear. I also was very fearful that my surgery needed to be done the old fashion way to remove them (surgically cutting and removing them leaving a scare several inches long) versus robotic surgery which was minimal scaring with no hospital stay and shorter down time. Dr. McCoy assured me that he was able to remove my many fibroids robotically and that there should be no complications. He made it sound like it would be a walk in the park which it pretty much was. Dr McCoy ended up removing 31 fibroids from my uterus, yes THIRTY ONE!!!! Later, he told me that my uterus would be normal again after the healing process which was not long, and that I would be able to carry my own child. It was truly amazing to hear this news needless to say. It was recommended that I try to conceive without IVF for a few months and if I was not able to conceive then I would return for the IVF process. To date I have not been able to get pregnant on my own which I knew would most likely be the case. I plan on returning this fall/winter to start IVF with PREG. Without the carrying staff and Dr. McCoy at PREG I would have most likely had a hysterectomy and would have never had the opportunity to have and carry my own baby. I cannot thank them enough!!!
Trust him fully. I was so worried but after speaking with him many times via telephone and office visits I knew he was my only hope.
I will be returning for IVF treatment
The nursing staff and coordinator were very pleasant to work with. I initially had to postpone my first surgery date because of other medical treatments I was under. They were very understanding and I was able to rebook my surgery soon after.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic is very warm and inviting especially when a patient can feel nervous and desperate for information. The waiting times are not long at all and I felt very comfortable for each of my visits.

2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, Unexplained
I liked Dr. McCoy as a person and a doctor, but I didn't feel he was super aggressive about treating my infertility, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. He allowed my husband and I to steer the course through our fertility treatments, but a little more guidance may have been helpful at times... At 75% of my appointments/procedures I saw a different doctor or a nurse, but I was never told before I came that he wouldn't be present.
2014 - 2017
Endometriosis, Unexplained
If you want to actually see Dr. McCoy at a visit, make sure to request that. At 75% of my appointments/procedures I saw a different doctor or a nurse, but I was never told before I came that he wouldn't be present.
I felt like he was very present during our appointments, but he didn't necessarily remember me or the specifics of my case from one appointment to the next.
We used Femara on its own for several cycles. My previous doctor had only used Clomid, so he wanted to see how I responded to Femara. We did four cycles of IUI with the injectables, but no Femara, as he said the Femara would not make a difference. All cycles failed.
I saw several different nurses during my years of treatment at PREG, and they ranged quite a bit. All were nice and professional, but some seemed much more "equipped" for dealing with infertility issues that others. I had two instances where a nurse performed the IUI instead of a doctor, and neither went very well. The first took almost 25 minutes to complete, because of my weird anatomy, and was very painful during and for a long time after. The last IUI I got at PREG was performed by a nurse, who actually couldn't complete it and had to get a doctor to finish the procedure. That one also took about 30 minutes, but while it was uncomfortable, it wasn't as painful as the first.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I feel like the doctors are a strength, but it's hard to know when you'll see your doctor, so most of the time you'll be dealing with the staff. The front desk staff doesn't seem to be trained in compassion for infertility issues. Also, their "financial counselors" are a joke. I made an appointment to find out my cost for an IVF, brought all of my insurance information. She couldn't tell me any exact costs on anything, and the range of costs to us was so broad that I might as well have just googled "how much does an IVF cost". I can't make a financial decision without any real information, so I decided not to move forward with the treatment with this clinic. The doctors do frequent seminars about infertility and treatments, and if you attend they give you a $250 gift certificate, but I was never able to use mine because they don't accept it toward most of the costs not covered by my insurance, and it expired before it was applicable toward any of my bills, and they absolutely would not extend the expiration date.
The costs I incurred were reasonable for the treatments received.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. McCoy] was honest with us from the beginning and was very helpful along the way. He never gave us false hope but he made sure he did all he could do. He explained things in a manner that we understood and was VERY attentive. He took his time at each doctor's visit espcially once I became pregnant.... We started out with me taking letrazole at the medium dosage and when that didn't produce the results we wanted he put me on the highest dosage.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
He was honest with us from the beginning and was very helpful along the way. He never gave us false hope but he made sure he did all he could do. He explained things in a manner that we understood and was VERY attentive. He took his time at each doctor's visit espcially once I became pregnant.
Dont be afraid to ask as many questions as you need to because he will definitely answer them.
He was honest from the beginning. He gave us hope and also was realistic about our situation.
We started out with me taking letrazole at the medium dosage and when that didn't produce the results we wanted he put me on the highest dosage. I had to inject the trigger shot each month. He also put my husband on clomid due to low sperm mobility and count. We weren't getting a positive test with timed intercourse so we done three IUI's. Dr. Mccoy had high hopes for the last one but it resulted in yet another negative pregnancy test. He told us we could look into IVF because he felt that was going to be our best best. We started IVF fertility drugs and I was put on higher quantities due to my past dosages not being enough with letrazole. After the first round of IVF I became pregnant and we now have a 3month old baby girl.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey)
Very understanding, compassionate and thorough.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Each and every person we dealt with were nice and very helpful. They always responded back to our phone calls or emails. They made us feel comfortable and always encouraged us and greeted us with a smile.
Our insurance did not cover the IVF expenses but it did cover the doctor appointments and ultrasounds. We had to pay $90 for each trigger shot. IUI cost us $475. The total cost for our IVF was around $17,000. PREG does offer financial options if you meet the requirements.
Dr. Mccoy had a strong preference for single embryo transfer because he said he would rather quantity over quality. Which we agreed because healthy is always better.
Asheville

Dr McCoy was always personable and eager to answer all of our questions. He was super knowledgeable - especially about male fertility and sperm retrieval processes (which we had to utilize due to my husbands nerve damage). He was very caring and spoke to use using lay-terms, not medical terms we didn't understand.... Dr McCoy and his staff were very welcoming and understanding of our fertility situation. He gave us hope of having a family of our own. They took the time to learn about our history and what we wanted.
Don't be afraid to ask questions - this was all new to us and he was very patient with us and our million questions!
My husband had to have a sperm retrieval procedure. Then I was put on a series of hormone injections to produce a usable number of eggs (I have PCOS, so my number of eggs was never a problem). The eggs were removed and embryo's were developed. Due to my increased level of hormones still in my system, the viable embryos (3) were frozen until my next menstrual cycle. I was then implanted with the 2 most viable embryo's - both of which were successful! I successfully carried 2 girls until the week 20 - when I went into labor. Both girls were born vaginally, but neither survived.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: I can't remember - but she was amazing!)
The entire staff at PREG was amazing. They were all compassionate and understanding. When the egg monitoring ultrasounds were painful (I had an ovary that liked to hide) - the nurse held my hand. With all of the blood draws, the monitoring, the planning sessions - we were there a lot. And everyone knew our names and our situation.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The team is very knowledgeable and very, very compassionate. They take the time to know their patients and cultivate relationships. As your planning your family - they feel like an extension of your family.
Total cost was about $15,000 for sperm removal procedure, egg retrieval, embryo development and embryo transfer - and ALL medications for both me and my husband.
We requested both viable embryo's be transferred due to our age - we wanted a better chance of implantation.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
When we first started at PREG with Dr McCoy we left feeling very positive however every visit thereafter I feel like they were less than thrilled to see us, never remembered us by name and sometimes we had appointments two or three times a week. My medication pretty much remained the same every cycle with no success cycle after cycle, when asked about moving to the next step of IUI was told it was not much different than doing what we were already doing, but if we wanted we could give it a try. I had to ask for labs to be drawn for my AMH and FSH levels and base line labs. Unfortunately after 10 failed cycles and real no explanation as to why, we decided to seek treatment elsewhere.
Ask every question you can possibly think of, be an advocate of your infertility.
When we had our first meeting with Dr McCoy it was a positive experience however from there on out, he never remembered our situation or mine or my husbands names. He had to pull up and review our chart every time he saw us.
I was started on femara only then after a few cycles of no success the trigger shot ovidrel was added then after a few cycles of no success prednisone was added. Unfortunately none of my cycles ended with success. He diagnosed me with PCOS, tubal blockage and anoovulation. The femara was to due to anoovulation the prednisone was for the PCOS and the ovidrel was to make me ovulate.
Every time I was seen it was mostly by a different nurse or NP, they would ask the same questions multiple times during my appointments which made me question if they were even listening to what I was saying.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Scheduling is very easy and they work with you on appointment times. The billing office/financial office is very difficult to deal with and can get very rude when questioned as to why your bill is the amount it is. Holly at the Columbia office is very un compassionate and rude.
Follicle scan was $182 consultation was $150 all my medications were bought at my local pharmacy or through freedom fertility pharmacy
Greenville

I only saw and met with Dr.McCoy once and that was when my husband and I had our initial visit. He asked relevant questions and told us about our odds of conceiving and mentioned some possible alternatives if the procedure didn't work. I never heard from him or saw him again throughout the three procedures that I had i the office. I never thought about it until now but once the last procedure did work he didn't call to congratulate either.
I would advise the patient to try several times. I once read that a woman tried six times and on the sixth time it worked. That was my game plan. Luckily, for me it worked on the second try.
The staff was personable. Sometimes they remembered me when I called. They were knowledgeable and gentle during the procedure.
I was told to take Clomid at a certain time after my period. Then I had to come into the office to get the size of my follicles measured. If they were a good size, I had to take my trigger shot that I already ordered days before. If they weren't a good size then I had to wait an extra day. The next day my husband had to come in to give sperm and I came in for the iui procedure.
They were all excellent. Everything about them was spot on. However one time when I was getting the procedure one nurse couldn't get the little tube thing into where it needed to be and she was just a bit too rough. But they called in someone else (can't remember her name but she was white with long straight black hair) and she was awesome, very kind, gentle and she got it in painlessly and quickly.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Everything about the clinic was great. It was a nice size, it was clean and comfortable oh but it was super freezing in there. It was in a great location and nice neighborhood. It was well ran and organized. I never waited long. Everything always went smoothly.
I think each visit was $50. The trigger shot was $90 and the iui procedure itself was $750 (I think). Everything was very reasonably priced. I was thankful for that.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
We started the month after I saw him [Dr. Travis McCoy] to try an IUI. He stated we should try this 3 times before we move on to IVF if we wanted. He wanted to start with IUI because he felt 1. It was less expensive and fit better in our budget and 2. We might have successful results, even if I have endometriosis. He stated the only way to treat that was surgery which was my choice and I opted out. There. We had two IUI’s done and they were both unsuccessful. We then went back to see him to discuss other options available like simply IVF or IVF and which might work for us. We decided that simply and IVF would only be a small amount difference and it was worth going IVF route.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He is very personable and is willing to work to fit what you want to happen. I left feeling a much better understanding of infertility and I lived that I left there with a plan for our next steps. I felt he was very welcoming to my husband and I and did a great job at making an uncomfortable and frustrating situation not so.
Have a list of questions or concerns you have or need to know.
I felt like when we met with him he was listening to our concerns, and did a better job of elaborating what he though might be the issue. He did a great job of just listening and talking to us about everything!!!
We started the month after I saw him to try an IUI. He stated we should try this 3 times before we move on to IVF if we wanted. He wanted to start with IUI because he felt 1. It was less expensive and fit better in our budget and 2. We might have successful results, even if I have endometriosis. He stated the only way to treat that was surgery which was my choice and I opted out. There. We had two IUI’s done and they were both unsuccessful. We then went back to see him to discuss other options available like simply IVF or IVF and which might work for us. We decided that simply and IVF would only be a small amount difference and it was worth going IVF route.
They were very friendly and reassuring
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
This place was very welcoming and did a great job at making you feel comfortable and be sure you understand everything going on around you. They are not opened on fridays after noon which makes things difficult as a teacher when you are trying to come in for IUI or any other fertility type issue and your timing of the IUI has to happen that day. Unfortunately with my job I cannot last minute leave without coverage for my students at work.
Two IUI treatment after insurance. $250 a piece for myself and $17 for my husband’s specimen.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other
He [Dr. Travis McCoy] always takes time with me to explain things well and help me weigh my options !... He discovered something in my uterus and a hysteroscopy was performed in October to remove it. He also did blood work that very day to diagnose me with low ovarian function and Antiphospholipid syndrome which is a blood clotting disorder...After experiencing a fee more negatives he had my husband's sample tested. After it was discovered my husband was fine- he is advising me to have a consultation on IVF due to suspicion that I may have low egg quality due to my miscarriage history and the fact that while the medicine produces multiple follicles -i have still be unable to get pregnant. I still owe all the diagnosis that I have received to him.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other
My doctor has been forthcoming with me about everything I am up against and has dotted every "I" and crossed every "t." So far I have had surgery under him, he has diagnosed me with several issues that allow him to know how to treat me, and he has explained very well my next steps that are leading me toward IVF.
He is a wonderful doctor!
He always takes time with me to explain things well and help me weigh my options !
Upon my first appointment in September of 2016, after having had a second miscarriage (and my regular OB didn't even check to make sure everything was cleared)...After just fifteen min of talking to me he knew something wasn't right and did a vaginal ultrasound that very day. He discovered something in my uterus and a hysteroscopy was performed in October to remove it. He also did blood work that very day to diagnose me with low ovarian function and Antiphospholipid syndrome which is a blood clotting disorder. Once I was cleared from my hysteroscopy...I started letrozol rounds in November . I did produce follicles ....But in January after two negative rounds he added injections of Ovedrel to my regimin. After experiencing a fee more negatives he had my husband's sample tested. After it was discovered my husband was fine- he is advising me to have a consultation on IVF due to suspicion that I may have low egg quality due to my miscarriage history and the fact that while the medicine produces multiple follicles -i have still be unable to get pregnant. I still owe all the diagnosis that I have received to him. My regular OB told me I was fine and that I would have to go through another miscarriage before they would even test me via bloodwork ! I am glad I know what I am up against now !!
I honestly haven't seen any weaknesses .They are kind , understanding , they always return my calls and stay on the phone with me until I understand fully.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
This clinic is great about doing contests and offering discounts. The staff is always nice and knowledgeable.
I don't want to list costs ....But in my state infertility treatments (ivf, etc) are not covered by insurance. The best thing is that when I have an appointment I pay my co pay and that covers whatever my doctor does that visit whether it is an ultrasound or bloodwork. There are no extra fees and I like that . The office is great about doing discounts too
IUI, 1 IVF
I appreciated that he [Dr. Travis McCoy] didn't automatically start us off with just timed intercourse. He acknowledged that we'd been trying for a while on Clomid which had been prescribed by my OBGYN. He first prescribed a different fertility drug (which I can't remember the name of now... I think it started with an F.) Both my husband and I underwent testing (I did a procedure to check for blockages in my tubes and my husband had his sperm examined) to make sure nothing was immediately clear as a problem. When we checked out as all good, he was very compassionate about our frustration on not knowing why we weren't getting pregnant. When the fertility drug didn't yield results he recommended we move on to IUI. He was very realistic about our chances and maximizing "bang for our bucks." I think we did 4 or 5 rounds of IUI before we moved on to IVF. We did fertility drugs (I can't remember the names) to increase my egg production. Lots of monitoring to make sure things were progressing properly. Egg retrieval yielded about 8-10 viable eggs, I think. We ended up only transferring 1 egg and that resulted in a to-term pregnancy. I also had the follow-up drugs of progesterone, starting with the injections. When those proved to be too painful for me to function, Dr. McCoy recommended Crinone which although much more expensive proved effective.
IUI, 1 IVF
From the first consultation with Dr. McCoy, he listened and was very realistic. I remember him drawing diagrams to help us better understand what may be happening and what to expect. Due to my schedule and his in office schedule, I didn't see him as often as I saw the other doctors in the practice but I was always happy when it worked out that our schedules aligned. One of the best memories I have is after we had our daughter, I was able to bring her to meet him in the office. I wondered if we'd be just another brick in the wall, so to speak, but he was so genuinely happy to meet and hold my daughter. It was such a proud moment for me to be able to show him our hard work paid off.
Be vulnerable. He will be compassionate and help you with gentleness and discretion.
Dr. McCoy was very compassionate and took the time to make sure my husband and I understood what we were up against. He explained things thoroughly.
It's been a while so I don't remember exact dosages but I appreciated that he didn't automatically start us off with just timed intercourse. He acknowledged that we'd been trying for a while on Clomid which had been prescribed by my OBGYN. He first prescribed a different fertility drug (which I can't remember the name of now... I think it started with an F.) Both my husband and I underwent testing (I did a procedure to check for blockages in my tubes and my husband had his sperm examined) to make sure nothing was immediately clear as a problem. When we checked out as all good, he was very compassionate about our frustration on not knowing why we weren't getting pregnant. When the fertility drug didn't yield results he recommended we move on to IUI. He was very realistic about our chances and maximizing "bang for our bucks." I think we did 4 or 5 rounds of IUI before we moved on to IVF. We did fertility drugs (I can't remember the names) to increase my egg production. Lots of monitoring to make sure things were progressing properly. Egg retrieval yielded about 8-10 viable eggs, I think. We ended up only transferring 1 egg and that resulted in a to-term pregnancy. I also had the follow-up drugs of progesterone, starting with the injections. When those proved to be too painful for me to function, Dr. McCoy recommended Crinone which although much more expensive proved effective.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay)
I love the doctors at PREG but I ADORED THE NURSES. They were beyond caring, helpful, and kind. They were so thorough and responsive. Whenever I had a question that I thought was silly, they made me feel comfortable asking, and validated me at every step on the way.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I had a really positive experience with PREG and would definitely recommend them to a friend. In fact, I have recommended them to some very dear friends who in turn also have a baby due to this group's intervention. They ended up not needing the same extent of treatment as we did but I believe they had a positive experience as well.
I don't remember exact numbers but it was probably something like $10,000.
Dr. McCoy was not the physician who did the transfer but his take on single embryo transfer for our situation aligned with our wishes and I was glad we all agreed.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Travis McCoy] was so caring but at the same time realistic. When he felt it was no longer a good option for our goal of becoming pregnant he would tell us. He would still give us the option to continue what we were doing or to move to the next step. I would never question if he was wanting us to change due to he could make more money.... e was was there a doctor,as well as, a support person. When I would leave crying after any further complications or bad news he was there to help me through what ever was going on at the time. When we decided it was time to step away from infertility treatments for a while he supported us and promised he would do anything to help us when we were ready to return. I would recommend him to anyone and have recommended him to many people since, who have all felt the same.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I went to him because I had heard nothing but great reviews. I worked as a high risk obstetric nurse and my patients spoke the world of him. When my husband and I decided to see a fertility specialist I did not want to see anyone else. He was everything my patients told me about him and more. He was so caring but at the same time realistic. When he felt it was no longer a good option for our goal of becoming pregnant he would tell us. He would still give us the option to continue what we were doing or to move to the next step. I would never question if he was wanting us to change due to he could make more money. My heart knew he felt this was the best choices for us. He was was there a doctor,as well as, a support person. When I would leave crying after any further complications or bad news he was there to help me through what ever was going on at the time. When we decided it was time to step away from infertility treatments for a while he supported us and promised he would do anything to help us when we were ready to return. I would recommend him to anyone and have recommended him to many people since, who have all felt the same.
Be open to him and let him listen to your story.
He sat down with me and truly listened. He helped answer any questions we had, even they crazy you should know this one with no judgement. He was great at answering question with enough medical detail for me as a nurse, but able to explain perfectly to my husband with no medical background. He hugged us, did not pressure us and supported us through the process and all the tears along the way.
He started out with femara. The first few cycle days then I would come for ultrasounds to measure the number of follicles and sizes. At that point he would instruct me to admister a trigger shot and would instruct us to have timed intercourse every other day based on when the shot was given. I would take a pregnancy test at the time of my period and call back with results. We repeated this several month due to I had responded well to the femara. Later we did the same thing but instead of time intercourse we did IUI which followed the same procedure.
They were there for me to answer every crazy question I had. They always told me to never worry about any question that they are there to help me. They were my support when my husband could not be there. They helped cheer me up after crying. They made you feel positive about moving forward without giving false hope. They were everything I could have hope for in a nurse.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are very patient centered which is one of their biggest strengths. They are very helpful and helped accommodate my crazy schedule. It did take a little bit to get my new patient appointment but never had any further issues getting an appointment when I needed it during my busy schedule. Their one weakness is that the doctors work in multiple offices and only work at the Columbia clinic certain days a week. This meant sometimes when I went to see the nurse he was not at that office to look at my results personally. He would either be called or another doctor would step in. However, I felt comfortable with the office and this was not a big issue but is a weakness.
I had insurance that had fertility coverage. I do not remember the exact costs with or without my insurance. It was very reasonable with my insurance.
We did not experience this due to we did not have IVF.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
I only saw Dr. McCoy twice. Every other time it was a nurse. When I did see him he was sweet, kind, caring, and his bed side manner was spot on. You could tell that he knew exactly what he was talking about and he was all about results.... He talked to me about the risks. Then there were scans, pills, and shots. There was never a week that we were not working on making a baby.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Listen, listen, listen and always remember to ask questions. He will never lead you astray and though he is blunt he will tell you exactly what you don't want to hear at the right moment.
When they saw me starting to break down because of the news they made me feel like family. Like things were going to be alright and we were in this together.
The nursing staff with PREG is absolutely amazing. 100% every time. When you have a question and they are not readily available to call you they will call you back immediately and work with you every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic is very clean and always feels like home when you walk into the door. Their weakness would be communication. The financial staff doesn't talk to the front desk and no one really communicates about patients and what is happening throughout the clinic.
For one scan it was 135 dollars. My husbands semen analysis was 65 dollars. My 12 day scan was over 100 dollars. My first initial appointment was over 90 dollars. Then the medicine was 9 dollars every time.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
My experience with him has been very pleasant. I trust him as my doctor and will continue to be under his care. I feel as though Dr. McCoy has my best interest and is working hard helping my husband and I start a family. I will continue working with him as my doctor to achieve my family.... The treatment strategies involved pills, injections, and time intercourse. His next steps involve IVF but we can’t afford it. He recommends IVF because the timed intercourse with pills and injections have not been successful
Endometriosis, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Be patient and trust him. Book him in advance because he travels between 2 offices for PREG.
He’s always taken the time to explain and answer my questions and be very thorough.I’ve always been able to receive care and answers from him. He makes me feel comfortable.
Very kind and welcoming. Very helpful. They always answer my questions. They have helped in financial situations with my payments. They are an awesome nursing staff.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Preg is a great clinic. They are organized and I’ve always been seen quickly and efficiently. I’ve always had good experiences with Preg. The staff is kind and very helpful. They have been patient and uderstnanding.
All costs are reasonable with my insurance. Each appointment is $100. The timed intercourse meds are $35 and the injection shot is $50

Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Other, Unexplained
After many failed fertility treatments Dr. McCoy has given me hope. He found an issue that the other doctors missed. He recommended a surgery to correct the problem. The last doctor told me I needed to get a gestational carrier which is something I cannot do. Dr. McCoy listens to you and helps to make a treatment plan that you are comfortable with...is very compassionate and listens. He tries to make sure you understand your treatment plan.
Other, Prefer not to answer
Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Other, Unexplained
He is an amazing doctor who cares.
Dr. McCoy is very compassionate and listens. He tries to make sure you understand your treatment plan.
I had uterine scarring from a c-section in 2005. He found it by doing a few test. One that includes a ultrasound and saline. After 1 fresh and 4 frozen transfers with genetic testing he was trying to figure out why they all failed. Everything lab wise looked good. However, due to scarring from previous pregnancy he feels like it has caused implantation issues. He suggested uterine surgery to remove the scarring. It was done laparoscopically in November 2018. Recovery time was around 2 weeks. I hope to do a FET as soon as possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Joni)
The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Joni was quick emailing me back when I had questions.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Strengths: friendly staff, clean office, compassionate, knowledgeable nurses, doctors delegate with each other about difficult cases Weaknesses: hard to get in touch with a financial person, sometimes it's hard to get an appointment
Consult fee $200 Insurance paid for most of the surgery due to it being gynecological $750 out of pocket

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. McCoy was very caring and made sure all my questions were answered. When I had a setback he was responsive and did not dismiss as if I did not know my body. The pain I had prior to surgery has decreased due to surgery and pelvic floor therapy.... Dr. M was honest and upfront. He did not make promises about our ability to become or maintain a pregnancy. However, he did improve my overall quality of life by addressing the health of my uterus. He answered all my questions and did not make me feel like I was bothering him.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Go with your questions ready. Dr. McCoy did not make me feel rush and he listened to my symptoms. He explained that the pain I was having was not normal and should not have been ignored
Dr. MCCoy’s focus was to make sure my uterus was healthy and ready to become pregnant if that was Gods plan. He removed endometriosis and fibroids that were causing me extreme pain and the focus was to improve my quality of life.
The nursing staff returned phone called within timely fashion and answered questions to the best of their ability. During the exams they were friendly and engaging.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic staff are friendly and engaging. They were helpful and sought answers effectively. The space itself was neat and comfortable. Also, the waiting room was quiet. However, bring your sweater.. it can be a littl chilly.
The cost was reasonable.

Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr McCoy spent the time explaining everything clearly to where my husband and I could understand. We did not feel rushed or an inconvenience. He went the extra mile which is hard to find these days.... Surgical intervention was provided due to endometriosis and now Femara has been started. Next month, injections will start if no successful pregnancy this month.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr McCoy was extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of my care and showed compassion along the process of initial evaluation through surgery to now formulating a treatment plan. I would highly recommend Dr McCoy for anyone searching for infertility care and treatment.
The nursing staff have been great on helping my husband and myself understand the process and show such great compassion and understanding through the whole process.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Friendly, compassionate environment with easy scheduling and text appointment reminders. Bilingual services of Spanish at the Greenville office has been noted as well which would be an amazing benefit to the Spanish speaking population.
The first part of my care was involving endometriosis treatment which was covered under my insurance plan and now since we are at the infertility part of treatment we are self pay. All costs are discussed before appointments.
Greenville

Dr. McCoy was extremely thorough from the beginning. I will never forget him giving me a tissue and telling me he was going to do everything he could for myself and my husband as I sat in his office and cried. He went above and beyond at every appointment and always explained everything step-by-step. I could have never asked for a better doctor and I will use him when it is time again!
Dr. McCoy treated us like we were family and did everything he could to help us at every visit. He was honest, but had the best bedside manner. He understands the feelings involved in infertility and he keeps that in mind. I could never say enough good about him!
I have already told several friends to request him as their doctor and I always let them know that he will make sure he does whatever he can to make your dreams come true.
The nursing staff were great at PREG, they saw the emotional side of me often at appointments and always comforted me. I will never forget the day I graduated and how sad I was to leave them.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
PREG is amazing, from the first phone call I knew I was at the right place. I remember the day I called to schedule my husband's SA and I was sobbing. The lady on the other side of the phone said "don't cry, we are going to get you in and get things going."
Dr. McCoy suggested we transfer one embryo and explained why the benefits outweighed the risks.
Greenville

Dr McCoy was very honest about the chances of success. He was always optimistic, however slim the chances were. I was always treated with respect. He seemed to genuinely care about our success and was willing to work with us to accomplish our goals... The initial protocol we used was not successful and he made drastic changes to improve our odds with the next cycle. He seemed very knowledgeable about the various protocols and when the first one did not work, he suggested a different one that worked a lot better and his reasoning was sound.
Dr McCoy will go over all the options with you if you just ask!
Dr. McCoy went the extra mile to explain everything and address all my concerns throughout the whole process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie was very knowledgeable and worked extensively to coordinate with our insurance to make sure we got all medications needed and on time. She worked after-hours and had the unpleasant task of delivering bad news to us, which she did with compassion and timeliness.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The secretary at the Greenville office was rude and I dreaded every interaction with her. All other staff was exceptional and knowledgeable and taught me so much. I never had to wait and everyone is pleasant
Our insurance had a generous infertility benefit so I do not remember all the costs associated but I remember estimates were in the $25k range
Dr McCoy recommended we transfer the “best looking” embryos based on their grade. We agreed early on on a maximum amount per transfer.
Spartanburg

Dr McCoy diagnosed hyperthyroidism which most likely contributed to our inability to get pregnant as well as low sperm count. He prescribed medication for each...Once the thyroid was under control and the sperm count had increased after 6 months we were set to schedule another IUI. Fortunately, we got pregnant without having to do the IUI. We were supposed to see Dr McCoy once my wife had her period, but her period never came. That's when we did a pregnancy test and it was positive.
Dr McCoy was able to diagnose that our infertility problems were due to low sperm count and had nothing to do with our eggs or ovaries. He was able to prescribe a plan and medicine to increase the sperm count which allowed us to get pregnant naturally.
Just leave it in his hands. He will work it out for you.
Dr McCoy took the time to thoroughly go over our lab results with us and gave us a plan to follow that ended up working.
Dr McCoy diagnosed hyperthyroidism which most likely contributed to our inability to get pregnant as well as low sperm count. He prescribed medication for each but, I cannot recalled their names. Once the thyroid was under control and the sperm count had increased after 6 months we were set to schedule another IUI. Fortunately, we got pregnant without having to do the IUI. We were supposed to see Dr McCoy once my wife had her period, but her period never came. That's when we did a pregnancy test and it was positive.
We really did not have to deal with the nurses at all. Mainly we just dealt with the lab technician.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic was clean and the nurses were discrete. Waiting area had a plethera of reading materials. Overall wait times to get called in to see the doctor were decent, not to long. Payment processes were quick and easy. Receptionists were able to contact insurance company to be able to tell you exactly what is owed while you are there.
I believe each visit was about $30.

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. McCoy was really holistic in his care of my husband and I, each having our own factors contributing to infertility. He incorporated our preferences and timeline into his treatment plan. I felt like he listened to me and always fully explained things. ... I always felt like I got all of the information I needed and left feeling confident with the questions answered.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Come with questions and be prepared for Dr. McCoy to be very upfront with you.
Dr. McCoy told us what we needed to know and laid out options. I always felt like I got all of the information I needed and left feeling confident with the questions answered. Dr. McCoy also listened to our concerns and wishes and incorporated that into his plans and timeline.
All of my interactions with nursing staff have been positive.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I like having several different locations. We are out-of-state, and the clinic has been willing to be flexible and work with us as much as possible to keep travel down. Their success rates for procedures is high and they really take a caring approach. From a cost standpoint, seems about average for out-of-pocket expenses.
IVF with ICSI was quoted at $12,500, plus ~$5-7K for medications
Asheville

He [Dr. McCoy] was very helpful, caring, reliable when needed and just the best doctor I have ever come in contact with ... He did everything by the book to make us have the best possible outcome checked all me labs to ensure they were where they needed to be and the things that were not he put me on medication to get all my levels right to make sure we had he best chance in success that we could
He was very helpful, caring, reliable when needed and just the best doctor I have ever come in contact with whenever I was worried he put my mind at ease and because of him we have our miracle baby and life couldn’t be better because of Dr McCoy
That he is the absolute best doctor and very highly recommended he definitely made our dreams come true
He was so kind to me and very helpful and supportive in the whole process he really cares about his patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Lynne Fowler)
They were so helpful and supportive very knowledgeable
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I think everything there was great! From the receptionist to the billing and care team everyone was very informative and caring. They were all very responsive and if ever anything was wrong they got back to me immediately.
Between 10,000-16,000
He let us decide how many we wanted transferred but told us the risks on having multiples transferred the first Time we didn’t take his advice the second time we did to be safe

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr MCCoy took time to listen to all the concerns we had and go over each part of treatment. After having a miscarriage I asked for specific testing and was given all of those and the next egg retrieval process was adjusted... Tried one iui that was not successful Did one retrieval cycle with antagonist protocol with 38 eggs retrieved and 2 normal after pgs testing. I had one frozen transfer that was positive but miscarried at 7 weeks. I am starting another retrieval cycle this month with different medications to see if we can get more quality eggs.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Bring all your questions with you.
Dr McCoy and his staff do a great job communicating and explaining all the parts of treatment
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Lynne Fowler )
Lynne is great. She is very responsive and helpful in all aspects.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I go to the office they have in Asheville NC and it has been great. I am always seen in a timely manner and receive great care. I started at a different clinic first and always had long wait times, hardly got to speak to anyone and felt like I was a number in a factory
My insurance covers most of IVF. I paid 3,880 out of pocket for each ivf cycle
The doctor suggested one embryo to transfer but does allow you to choose on your own
Columbia

He [Dr. McCoy] was always very thorough, always asking if we understood, had any questions, or needed additional detail. ... The treatment strategy was described as very generic. ... He made sure both of us were comfortable at all times, which is extremely important with this process. We felt relieved to be in his hands, and felt like it was going to work based on the professionalism and welcoming nature. ...
He was always very thorough, always asking if we understood, had any questions, or needed additional detail. He made sure both of us were comfortable at all times, which is extremely important with this process. We felt relieved to be in his hands, and felt like it was going to work based on the professionalism and welcoming nature.
Trust his experience, listen to his advice, and you'll make solid, good decisions together.
Legitimately cares about patients, and does a great job!
The treatment strategy was described as very generic. Wife responded very well to treatments, so everything was kept normal, and no extraordinary steps were needed.
The nursing staff were very friendly, professional, and caring. They ensured we were comfortable, explained everything they could to the best of their ability, and kept appointments running smoothly.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The Preg office in Columbia is very clean, easy to access, and welcoming. The staff greet you as you walk in and direct you to the comfortable waiting area. The lab area is large and clean, and the offices are very well kept.
$16,175 was the total cost for the IVF cycle through Preg. This did not include labs or ultrasounds prior to beginning the actual cycle.
The doctor very strongly recommended single embryo transfer, and explained this was mostly due to wife's very fertile, welcoming environment. He was worried if multiple embryos were transferred, they would all implant due to her fertile nature.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. McCoy was very compassionate when it came to my fertility issues. He made me feel very comfortable during the process and kept me informed of the possible outcomes and risks involved. I did not feel as though he was just trying to make a profit off of me but truly wanted to help me conceive.... During my first round of treatments I used a series of vitamins increase my chances of conceiving and 100 mg of clomid. During my second round of treatment I used the same vitamins but I was prescribed letrozole instead of clomid.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. McCoy was very realistic with me and very hopeful at the same time. He took time to explain my diagnosis and treatment in layman's terms and i felt like I could trust him.
She was very welcoming and me feel comfortable when she assisted me at the office.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic was mostly organized and the wait was not too bad. I only experience one issue with a long wait time. They were really good when I needed to reschedule my appointments. The staff was always very friendly.
It was no more than $1000 out of pocket.

1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
[Dr. Travis McCoy is] Very compassionate about his care. With every appointment taking his time and writing down step by step the process and what to expect, and why he choose to do it that way. Always allowed time for questions and concerns . Was always confident in his work and positive about outcome but also truthful about the unexpected.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
To trust him
Took his time, explained the process in depth every step of the way
Beginning of treatment starting with Harvesting sperm from my partner, never could get sperm externally so we continued with sperm retrieval. This also resulted in no sperm. During this process I had an egg retrieval, which resulted in freezing of eggs due to the amount of no sperm. Soon after we decided to move forward with donor sperm. 13 eggs fertilized and we ended up with 2 viable embryos. Using only one egg our first IVF treatment resulted in a pregnancy. We now have a 7week old miracle baby gir.
Outstanding and caring
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Caring and always greeted with great staff, from every area of the clinic. Great costumer service and patient satisfaction. Felt like the staff became family. Always offered to help answer any questions and pocketed explanations for any questions.
10l for ivf
We wanted multiple embryos transferred but with the research done on it and what our Dr. recommended we went with one
Greenville

Dr McCoy explained everything to me and never gave me false expectations. He knows me by name and he truly cares about me as a person.... Dr McCoy presented all the options and explained potential outcomes. I felt that I was well informed and made decision based on the information given. He was compassionate and honest and I did not feel that he was giving me false sense of hope.... The treatment was based on my prior results and history. It was also adjusted based on blood work results, and follow up visits, as well ultrasounds
European, Prefer not to answer
Be prepared to speak and be treated by various nurses and doctors, since they work on a ration schedule.
The nursing staff is great and compassionate. As a patient, you mostly communicate with them rather than the doctors. The only complain that I have is that it is sometimes hard to get in touch with them and it may take hours to get a phone call returned.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
This Clinic is very busy and seems like there are always patients there. My usual wait time for appointment was about 10-20 mins. The nurses are very nice and helpful. The treatments may be very costly, especially if your health insurance does not cover fertility treatment.
Greenville

You can be confident that Dr. McCoy will answer all your questions and explain your situation to you...My husband had to take medications for a year. After that not helping his situation we had to do the surgical route to determine if sperm was present or not...showed compassion during each visit we had with him...We feel he has taken necessary steps so far in determining if we would be able to conceive a baby.
He took time to explain my husbands situation and showed compassion during each visit we had with him. He always answered our questions to where we could fully understand. We feel he has taken necessary steps so far in determining if we would be able to conceive a baby.
Dr. McCoy took the time to explain our situation and answered all questions we had concerning the surgery my husband had to have.
During the surgery they showed compassion and explained what to look for post surgery.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The doctor and nurses communication is good. Customer service- front desk is good as well. Billing department is hard to get in contact with. Overall, they are a professional clinic. We would recommend this clinic to new patients that are in need of their services.
Most treatment was covered by insurance, except for the surgery.
I have not experienced this yet.

Endometriosis, Other
He is patient and offers compassion when discussing my situation...The overall treatment was great by Dr. Mccoy. However, I'm 5 months later from the surgery and still not pregnant and still dealing with a lot of pain in my ovaries and extremely painful periods. I have a follow up appt with him in Oct to see what is happening in my recovery which was extremely difficult. Also, we will discuss some fertility treatment options.
Endometriosis, Other
Ask a lot of questions and be sure to follow up with any complications after a treatment sooner than later.
He is patient and offers compassion when discussing my situation
I haven't come to this part of our treatment with him yet.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The front desk is not always the most polite and does not always call back in a reasonable time frame. The office is clean and beautiful. The other Doctors in this practice do not have a nice bedside manners as Dr. Mccoy.
I have decent insurance so the two post appointments after surgery were covered in my surgery cost. The billing with the hospital and his office was confusing and I'm still trying to get on their payment plan.
Columbia

I have only met with Dr. McCoy once during my many visits per month but I definitely trust him and he seems very knowledgeable and trustworthy. After over a year of trying different l, low dosages of clomid and letrizole with my OBGYN, I felt more hope talking with Dr. McCoy in one visit. 4 cycles later, I have another meeting with him next week to talk about my next steps...We started with 7 days of Letrozole and Prednisone and switched it to 10 days because the follicles weren’t quite where they wanted them yet.
Just make sure to bring a list of questions, he is happy to answer.
Dr. McCoy was very personable.
We started with 7 days of Letrozole and Prednisone and switched it to 10 days because the follicles weren’t quite where they wanted them yet. On cycle 3, I had three large follicles but still didn’t get pregnant. On 4 now but only had one follicle.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Overall I think it is a great clinic! I wish I didn’t have to come back so many times for the ultra sounds and blood work but understand it is part of the process and they have to be done on different days. Since that’s not their fault, they are great!
With BCBS insurance about a $70 co pay for every visit, which in 4 months has been 11 visits.
Greenville

Dr. McCoy made us feel 100% better about continuing on with our treatments. He explained and gave us answers that we was wanting for years. We should have went to see him sooner. I feel that PREG will be our answer to our prayer and we will finally get pregnant from their treatments.... Dr. McCoy sat down and talked to us for almost two hours and gave us answers we have been longing for-for over five years.
He explains everything and is very understanding.
Dr. McCoy sat down and talked to us for almost two hours and gave us answers we have been longing for-for over five years. We go back in May and I can't wait to finish this journey
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Mikayla Carver)
The nursing staff was so nice when we went in and they return phone calls and emails immediately.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
We have followed this clinic on facebook for over four years and I finally broke down and called them. We didn't have to wait long at all for a appointment. They are very successful at what they do and I can't wait until we get our miracle baby. Their office is so inviting with all the baby pictures on the wall.
Our insurance don't pay for fertility treatments but it wasn't that expensive to see him!
Columbia

My husband and I were very comfortable in talking with Dr. McCoy, he responded very quickly to our calls and questions. My only complaint is everyone makes appointments with him so it takes us longer to set up an appointment. ... He explained everything very well and if I had any questions he would go into great detail as why it was this way. ... My husband had a low sperm count, he put him on chlomid,
I didn't have any complaints or dislikes with Dr. McCoy. My husband and I were very comfortable in talking with Dr. McCoy, he responded very quickly to our calls and questions. My only complaint is everyone makes appointments with him so it takes us longer to set up an appointment.
I don't have any, I think anyone would be comfortable with him.
My husband had a low sperm count, he put him on chlomid, my husband had a side effect and Dr. McCoy changed the medicine. Once the medicine was changed my husband responded very great to the medication and put him in the "normal" range.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Very responsive!
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Fertility takes time be patient. You won't receive answers immediately but the staff is willing to answer any questions that you may have. I have talked to some of my nurses as a therapist - which they are not - but all have responded very well and understand what I'm going through and can give me insight which I did not have.
Travis McCoy

Dr.McCoy is compassionate towards us and our situation. He took time to explain everything and the probability of our chances of having a biological baby. We always left his office knowing what to expect each time.... My husband took medication for about a year to see if it would help with his situation and had to do several sperm samples. After a year of that zero sperm was still not found so we proceeded with the TESE procedure. That’s when we were given the answer that my husband did have sperm in another area.
To be patient with the process of what you may be going through.
He took the time to explain my husbands situation and options available to us.
The nurses showed compassion during my husbands surgery. They explained in detail what to expect and Home care.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Overall the clinic is organized and every one working there is friendly and shows care. However, the billing department is difficult to get a hold of to get questions answered. It would be nice to get return calls within a 24-48 hour period. Some billing staff did follow up on returning your calls and some do not.
Our out of pocket expenses include medication copays and surgery for TESE that was not covered by insurance.
Greenville

He has returned my phone calls personally no matter the day or time. ... He is very informative and makes you feel as comfortable as possible. He allows you to ask questions and gives feedback to each question asked. ... He is very knowledgeable about the care that we needed to receive. ... My husband and I both are very pleased at the care we have been give by Dr. McCoy. ... My husband is a military veteran and our fertility issues are largely impart to an injury he sustained in the military.
He is a wonderful doctor!! He has returned my phone calls personally no matter the day or time. That means a lot when you are dealing with infertility. He is very knowledgeable about the care that we needed to receive. My husband is a military veteran and our fertility issues are largely impart to an injury he sustained in the military. My husband and I both are very pleased at the care we have been give by Dr. McCoy.
Ask any and all questions you can think of he will answer them all
The nurses are wonderful very informative and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic is very comfortable and inviting. The staff is friendly and very personable. Any patient that chooses to visit this clinic will be blessed by the quality of care that you will receive. They offer help with medications and have a financial advisor that will Hep you with helping to see what will fit I to your budget.
We have had several office visits, seman analysis, IUI and taken several different medications
Asheville

Dr. McCoy is always very understand especially with how frustrating everything with infertility can be. He always seems to find just the right words to say to comfort you. Very understanding and passionate about his job. Treats you as if you are his family. That's probably what I love about PREG so much they are so welcoming!
Always keep an open mind. The news may not always be what you want to hear but just keep the mindset that you wont give up.
I was always treated with respect and treated like a person. I love PREG and the whole staff.
We did the timed intercourse with ultrasounds to see if I had a folical, then a trigger shot, with blood work to follow to see if I ovulated. It was my choice to wait to get my husband checked then come to find out he has low sperm count. Dr. McCoy currently has my husband on Clomid.
Always showed compassion. They always are very comforting. Very sweet!
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic is always very organized and neat. Always has a welcoming atmosphere. The clinic looks very professional. I love how they have the pictures of the babies and thier family's in the office. It's so inspiring.
I believe over the few months I was being seen consecutively I think it was around $4000.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. McCoy used Femara, surgical, and timing practices to help us conceive because I have PCOS. He also made sure that my husband's sperm wasn't an issue.... We loved every minute of having Dr. McCoy as a doctor. He actually came recommend to us by a friend that used him. Now we will do the same. I don't have any complaints. My husband and I were able to get to the bottom of our issue. Even if I hadn't have conceived, I still would have had a good experience with him because he left no stone unturned.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Let him use his knowledge to help you. Just be patient and he will do what he can to take care of you.
Dr. McCoy was gave us very individualized care. He seemed genuinely interested in getting down to the bottom of our problem. He came up with a plan, executed, and we gave birth to a sweet baby girl this past June as a result!
Every staff member that my husband and I encountered was extremely friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Pros: We waited long in the waiting room. The building was clean, staff friendly, doctors knowledgeable, and communication was clear. I was even happy with the financial coordinator. I have no complaints about this office or practice.
Almost all were covered by insurance except for Iui.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
The doctor [Dr. McCoy] was great at looking at our specific situation to see what the best plans of action were. He explained everything in detail so we knew what we were getting into. He also realistically explained the chances of everything. ... They gave us a lot of good info on single embryo transfer. ... Overall I just got a great feeling from everyone [PREG] we came in contact with. Walking us through the steps really helped us know what was next.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
The doctor was great at looking at our specific situation to see what the best plans of action were. He explained everything in detail so we knew what we were getting into. He also realistically explained the chances of everything.
The whole practice was great from the doctor to the nurses. It felt like they really cared for our situation.
They were some of the most compassionate people there. They really got to know us and our story and treated us like they were rooting for us the whole time.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Great explanation on everything. Smart doctors that could have been more compassionate. Nurses were all wonderful. Even drawing blood, which is the worst, were very friendly. Overall I just got a great feeling from everyone we came in contact with. Walking us through the steps really helped us know what was next.
Costs were pricey but we knew that going in. They helped set us up and reccomend great loan companies.
They gave us a lot of good info on single embryo transfer.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. McCoy] sat down face to face and talked with my husband and I in terms we understood. He drew pictures to more clearly explain. He gave a warm welcome...He takes his time explaining everything. He made sure we fully understood the good and bad. He actually drew pictures and diagrams to help us better understand. He ordered tests no one else had. He answered all of my questions throughly...Femara 4 pills a day plus prednisone. HCG trigger shot.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Great. He takes his time explaining everything. He made sure we fully understood the good and bad. He actually drew pictures and diagrams to help us better understand. He ordered tests no one else had. He answered all of my questions throughly.
Be ready for a lot of information.
He sat down face to face and talked with my husband and I in terms we understood. He drew pictures to more clearly explain. He gave a warm welcome
Femara 4 pills a day plus prednisone. HCG trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Mykayla )
Amazing. Mykayla answers phone calls or returns them very quickly. Always has a smile on. So encouraging. Full of information.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Strengths are knowledge. Kindness. Compassion. Encouragement. Appointment times are fast. No long waits. Nice equipment Weaknesses are price. Location. Parking lot. Small waiting room. Rough toilet paper
$457.00

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. McCoy did a great job of explaining the pros and cons of our treatment. He reviewed our options every step of the way and was very helpful with any questions we had. The process of treating infertility can be extremely frustrating, so his level-headed and compassionate approach was greatly appreciated...Dr. McCoy and everyone else we spoke with at PREG were strongly against a multiple embryo transfer for our first time. Then they recommended transferring two our second time, which resulted in a pregnancy.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
It can be a stressful process, so managing your expectations goes a long way.
Dr. McCoy was very personable and explained everything to us in detail. He also made sure to answer any questions we had
The entire nursing staff was outstanding.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The overall experience with the clinic was good. The nurses and staff were very helpful and friendly. The only (minor) complaint would be that scheduling with the front desk could be frustrating at times.
Around $15,000

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr.McCoy explained in details my options. He was open to look outside the box to treat my individual needs. I felt confident in his professional opinion and advices. He was easy to talk to and ask questions.... I used a different approach since I had a reaction to Lupron. You used high dose of progesterone to prevent premature ovulation and did a frozen transfer instead.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He seems to care and was kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey )
All the nurses or IVF coordinator were efficient, kind and knowledgeable. I felt very comfortable with them.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
This clinic is great and very clean. The staff is very nice. It is easy to schedule appointments. I was not advise on any financial support but I did not ask neither. I wish I had more communications with the doctors after my miscarriage. But overall, I had a great experience.
I paid $15,500 for IVF with genetic testing.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. McCoy is great but only saw him twice throughout the whole entire process. Another "new" doctor did all of my ultrasounds, retrevial, and transfer.... Covered all possible scenarios with what the possibilities could be and explained what was going on with our bodies. Told us that we would have to do specific treatment as the others just would not work. Then when treatment failed came up with a new plan for next cycle.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Chose hum, he is very experienced.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
Nursing staff expect you to know what happens next and that it is all normal and not an emotional process. Compassion is lacking in quite a few employees.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Clinics strengths are that it has good doctor's to choose from. Weakness is that many of the staff lack compassion. Make sure to ask what is next. They will expect you to know what comes next. Ask questions

Endometriosis, Other
I feel he [Dr. Travis McCoy] is the best doctor I’ve been to, hands down. He made me feel very positive about our fertility issues and fully explained everything. I’m very happy under his care and confident he can help us.... He is a fantastic doctor and I always advise anyone seeing a fertility doctor to bring in a list of questions. He went through everything with me, took time to really made sure we understood.
Endometriosis, Other
I feel he is the best doctor I’ve been to, hands down. He made me feel very positive about our fertility issues and fully explained everything. I’m very happy under his care and confident he can help us.
He is an awesome physician - he is very kind, warm, and very knowledgeable
Cyst removal, endometriosis, repairing uterus scar
Wonderful nurses!
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I felt that the clinic was very clean, easy to locate, and waiting are was very comfortable. I’d recommend maybe access to more reading material or maybe a TV in the waiting area. I’d also recommend a check in list because it does often get busy. The staff was so nice and the tech that does blood work was wonderful
I have to pay a $25 copay to be seen for routine appointments and $500 deposit before being able to book my surgery
Greenville

Dr McCoy was Very informative and patient. He explained the process thoroughly and answered every questioned we had. We even talked about other options which he gave our honest opinion about. Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group is a great practice.... I was scheduled and ultrasound to which they added blood work without me knowing before hand. Since none of it was covered I was left with a $400 bill that I wasn’t expecting. Dr McCoy didn’t explain al the “pre ivf” procedures that has cost me over $1000 dollars
Be patient
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are very knowledgeable personable friendly and compassionate. I’ve always been greeted with a smile. I haven’t been theough the actual ivf process yet but I’m in the beginning stages of blood work ultrasounds etc. I was scheduled and ultrasound to which they added blood work without me knowing before hand. Since none of it was covered I was left with a $400 bill that I wasn’t expecting. Dr McCoy didn’t explain al the “pre ivf” procedures that has cost me over $1000 dollars
$10500 ivf

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. McCoy] was very direct with choices and options taking into account my personal health limitations due to age and endometriosis. He was very caring and considerate to both myself & my husband. It was hard at times to get an appointment with him due to him going to multiple office locations but when I did get to see him he was very thorough. ... He talked to me about my personal chances & laid out a written plan.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He was very direct with choices and options taking into account my personal health limitations due to age and endometriosis. He was very caring and considerate to both myself & my husband. It was hard at times to get an appointment with him due to him going to multiple office locations but when I did get to see him he was very thorough.
Come with questions/concerns written down. He’s usually very thorough and answers questions but it’s always nice to have a reference to refer to.
He talked to me about my personal chances & laid out a written plan.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The office staff is wonderful. Very friendly and they get to know you. You feel like you they all are behind you and are hoping for your success as much as you are. If issues arise they try to get you answers as quick as possible and if scheduling issues arise they do their best to work something out. After all it’s all about your body and perfect timing.
Columbia
I did take different fertility drugs and I completed simple IVF and have not had any luck [with Dr. McCoy]...My eggs did not make it to transfer...He was very kind and compassionate... He could have possibly explained set backs and next steps more in depth. He did go over different next steps just not really in detail or truly encourage what to try next...I feel he is a knowledgeable doctor but insist on detail of the procedures and course of action he plans to use.
He was very kind and compassionate. He could have possibly explained set backs and next steps more in depth. He did go over different next steps just not really in detail or truly encourage what to try next.
He was very kind and compassionate.
I did take different fertility drugs and I completed simple IVF and have not had any luck.
They were very nice and compassionate as well.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
They are very kind but it is hard to reach the nurses if you have questions and do not have an email address to contact them with. The clinic is very good about being on time with appointment times. The billing is also a bit confusing.
General fertility drug treatment and testing including discovery of uterine polyp 6,000. Simple IVF 9,000.
My eggs did not make it to transfer but would love to try IVF with donor eggs.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He was very thorough. He gave us so much details and has given us hope. He listened to my concerned that every other doctor has overlooked.... He listened when I said I feel something is wrong and I needed a laprosocopic surgery. He actually found I had a fibroid a blocked tube and mild endo. My husband feels more part of the process. None of the doctors has checked him. Dr McCoy made us actually feel like we are making progress after 3 years.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
He is thorough and very patient with couples. He always give you pros and cons.
Timed intercourse IUI letrolze laparoscopic myomectomy
I felt like they were our personal cheerleaders.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Clinic is thorough and quickly responses. I will tell a new patient to voice all concerns they are able to help you when you give them all the components. I feel their appointments are quick compared to other clinics I have been too. I have actually referred 3 other couples to these clinics.
Not sure I go through my VA.
I would be satisfied with either. I would want 2 just do to my age and wanting to have best possible chances.
Greenville

Dr. McCoy explains every thing to my wife and I in a way that I understand. He knows she is a nurse and may understand things better than I do so he takes the extra step to help me know what is going on.... My wife went through 3 inseminations and one invetro. we are working to do another soon. We did get one pregnancy but miscarried at 8 weeks.... The staff at PREG were very cordial and respectful. They were concerned and helpful with all aspects.
Keep the hope and he is a great Dr. who seems to care what you need and want.
The nurses were very nice and helpful every time we were there. They treated us so kind like we were a normal couple. They make us feel welcomed
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The clinic is friendly and clean. All of the folks were kind and friendly every time we had an appointment. They were available to answer calls and return calls to assist in any questions with medications and doses.
Not sure of exact amount but close to $10,000
Greenville
Dr. McCoy has always been nice and very upfront with me and my partner. He makes sure we understand and feel very comfortable with him. He is very nice and takes time with us and never rush to be finished with us... He made me feel comfortable and he really cared about my treatment.... They [PREG] are a very good clinic and i haven't experience any weaknesses during my visits. They are loving and caring and understands the journey of their patients.
He is the best. Listen and ask questions if needed.
He made me feel comfortable and he really cared about my treatment.
I haven't started the cycles yet due to lack of finances at the moment. I am so ready
They are nice and care about their patients.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
Their strengths are their patient care. They are a very good clinic and i haven't experience any weaknesses during my visits. They are loving and caring and understands the journey of their patients. The staff makes sure that their patients are comfortable as well.
Labs, ultrasound, and visits

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. McCoy was incredible. He was gentle and kind. He took time to make sure that we understood everything. He gave me all available options and advised on the best course of action. He took time to go over all of my concerns and reassure me.... Dr. McCoy and his staff were very attentive to everything and every question we had. They responded promptly via phone or email anytime I called.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
To trust him implicitly.
I didn’t see any weaknesses. I enjoyed the lab staff the most as they were informative and kind.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
It’s lovely. It’s clean, cozy, and quick. We had to come in for some labs and live out of town. They were able to schedule us for the same time and day so that we could make one trip. We also took our 12 year old with us and they were very welcoming of him.
As with any fertility clinic, it is pricey but very competitive and they do have many options to help you.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
He [Dr. Travis McCoy] did a great job at explaining that we couldn’t figure out why I had unexplained Fertilty and that IVF was best options. He also tested me for endometriosis and found I had indeed has a slight case of it.... First couple cycle we did clomid and we even tried a different on. We did shots in the belly and all were accompanied by iui... He really took the time to explain things to me and my husband.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
He did a great job at explaining that we couldn’t figure out why I had unexplained Fertilty and that IVF was best options. He also tested me for endometriosis and found I had indeed has a slight case of it.
Be brave! Be patient! Be kind it is not the doctors or the nurses fault and they usually hurt just as much as we do.
He really took the time to explain things to me and my husband.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group. (Assigned nurse: Tori )
She was truly the best. I know when we are going through these emotions it is hard and she always was a beautiful smiling face.
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
I believe that weakness probably has nothing to do with clinic but I wish insurance covered these options for those of us so desperately wanting a child. Maybe have better options with payments or better prices.
Lots!! Ultrasounds, blood work, seman wash medicine needed to provide more eggs, hormone shots to make you ovulate
Columbia

He [Dr. McCoy] kept me and my husband informed of the procedures and the percentages of success and what the next steps would be. Any concerns and questions that we had were addressed. We felt comfortable in knowing what to expect and the risks.... We first tried using the shots to get pregnant naturally and then used IUI for 3 months with no success. He said after 6 tries it would probably be time to try IVF.
He kept me and my husband informed of the procedures and the percentages of success and what the next steps would be. Any concerns and questions that we had were addressed. We felt comfortable in knowing what to expect and the risks.
To not become discouraged if the procedures do not work the first time.
The nurses kept me and my husband informed of what to expect
Describe your experience with Piedmont Reproductive Endocrinology Group.
The staff were very nice and kept me and my husband informed throughout the process. We first visited the financial office to discuss payment options which were well informed of and the front office staff were always very positive.
I do not remember the costs