Doctor available by email
FellowshipUCSF
620 John Paul Jones Circle
Portsmouth, VA 23708
866-645-4584
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Trimble Spitzer to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 50%Neutral: 50%9

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Naval Medical Center Portsmouth to a friend?
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Spitzer] will answer your questions and concerns truthfully...on BC for 7 months while Diagnosed with stage 1 endometrial hyperplasia...Currently on Second cycle of Femara (unmonitored)...She sat down with me and genuinely cared about me. She sympathizes with her patience and wants to help them...She is the one who diagnosed me with stage 4 endometrial hyperplasia and she was the one who preformed my D&C. None of my other doctors cared that I rarely had a cycle.
Anovulation, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Trimble Spitzer at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth?
She is the one who diagnosed me with stage 4 endometrial hyperplasia and she was the one who preformed my D&C. None of my other doctors cared that I rarely had a cycle. No one explained how dangerous that was. I cannot say enough about Dr. Spitzer!! She is the absolute sweetest and she cares so much about me! I’m currently on my second round of Femara with times intercourse between uterine biopsies to see if my condition has improved.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Trimble Spitzer at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth?
Ask as many questions or concerns that you may have. She will answer your questions and concerns truthfully. The best advice that I have is that I wish I went to her sooner.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Trimble Spitzer at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth?
Describe the protocols Trimble Spitzer used in your cycles at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth and their degree of success.
on BC for 7 months while Diagnosed with stage 1 endometrial hyperplasia Put on BC for 7 months while I was focusing on my health and not TTC Diagnosed with stage 4 endometrial hyperplasia and had a D&C Ready to TTC: Started 5MG Femara Cd3-7 Saw two large follicles on CD13 Ovulated CD18 Currently on Second cycle of Femara (unmonitored)
I cannot remember the nurse’s I had for my follicle scan, but he was very nice and even explained to me how PCOS worked. Sometimes it’s a little frustrating when Dr. Spitzer and I discuss a procedure, but then it’s not added to my notes. Trying to explain this to the front desk is well... feels hopeless unless I actually talk to her personally.
Describe your experience with Naval Medical Center Portsmouth.
The strengths are definitely the compassion and knowledge of infertility Dr. Spitzer has. The only weakness I can think of is relaying information to her nurses can be a little lost, but nothing an email directly to her can’t fix.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Trimble Spitzer at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth.
So far everything has been covered by Tricare.
What specific things went wrong at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth?
Portsmouth

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Trimble Spitzer at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth.

With military medicine sometimes there is a feeling of being a number. Dr Spitzer has been great though and has thoroughly explained things through the process and always answered any questions we've had.... There could haven been a bit more communication on different aspects of procedures during different phases. Other than that Dr Sputzer has been great. I've seen others have complaints about her bed side manner not being good but I haven't experienced anything like that.
Ask questions if you have any while you're in the office.
I wish there could be more protocol on specific locations and she worked in one location. The communication with The Jones Institute could be better as we didn't have the paperwork the first time due to we didn't get it from the clinic the day before. I feel like the strategies and if thkngs arent happening positively then doing something different the next time.
The nurse at Portsmouth Naval is great but the same can't be said for the various ones at Langley.
Describe your experience with Naval Medical Center Portsmouth.
Portsmouth clinic is very nice and has great equipment but Langley doesn't even compare. Portsmouth's clinic is also in an area of the hospital that feels a little more quiet and set aside but Langley is not this way
With Tricare we are so far responsible for the sperm washing. There will be higher costs associated with IVF.
Describe Trimble Spitzer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth.
This hasn't been discussed but is potentially next step.